As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Russia/US Investigation thread] More indictments, Schiff memo released

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Just catching up

what the fuck is this guy doing

This is me just now

I’m dumbfounded that this is all happening because some rich white guy is too dumb/lazy to know how to sort emails by date and person and decided to throw a drunken fit instead

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Just catching up

This is me just now

I’m dumbfounded that this is all happening because some rich white guy is too dumb/lazy to know how to sort emails by date and person and decided to throw a drunken fit instead

I can't believe how bizarre this administration is. This is like the third time a low level Trumpite has imploded on national tv. Ironically one of the others was...Carter Page.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm kind of dumbfounded that the ordeal spanned the entirety of the day with new developments throughout. I thought it was over by the early afternoon.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    This administration is clown shoes all the way down. Also laughing that e-mails will once again fuck the GOP over; especially, since this is the administration run by the guy that suggested bringing back message couriers because he views it as more secure.

As for the Russian sanctions, would be nice if the GOP would do their fucking job. They can force the administration to spend that money for the intended purpose. Nixon tried the whole nullification bullshit approach and SCOTUS told him to get fucked. So I have to wonder just how many of them actually embroiled in this shit show. I guess we'll see who Nunberg throws under the bus to save his ass. Dude probably shouldn't bank on getting any pardons because Trump fired him and Trump is probably one of the most disloyal human beings currently living now (guy apparently wants Kelly to oust his daughter and son-and-law because they've become a liability).

Mill on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Just catching up

This is me just now

I can't believe how bizarre this administration is. This is like the third time a low level Trumpite has imploded on national tv. Ironically one of the others was...Carter Page.

Third time? Says Who?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Haha holy shit I have no clue what's going on

Apparently it was hilarious and I am sad I was not witness to it in real time.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Just catching up

Accidentally (???) admitting Trump knew everything?

Atlantic writer transcribing Nunberg/Jake Tapper interview

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Can you imagine being on Mueller’s team, watching it happen in real time? I’m envisioning one person watching raptly, with the rest of the people in the office slowly being drawn to it until they’re all standing in front of the screen. Popcorn appears and is passed around, but in retrospect nobody is sure where it came from.

It was absurd to even just catch hot takes in here as it happened.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    (Catches up on 200 Monday posts)

That's a hell of an act, Sam. What do you call it?

The Aristocrats!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Just catching up

Accidentally (???) admitting Trump knew everything?

Atlantic writer transcribing Nunberg/Jake Tapper interview

I actually find it believable that this comment isn't in relation to insider knowledge he had, and instead he just has done the same timeline we did in this thread. "This is when Jr got the email, this is when the meeting happened, this is when Trump went on national television to ask Russia to release any emails they had stolen."

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Has Trump said anything about this yet? I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least disown him.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Just catching up

This is me just now

That’s not why it’s happening though - it’s happening because he knows there’s bad shit in there.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Has Trump said anything about this yet? I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least disown him.

He doesn't have anything scheduled until 2 p.m., so it will be a tweet-heavy morning

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Just catching up

This is me just now

Well, it's not. It's happening because this guy realised he or someone he for some reason cares about is FUCKED.

The guy basically looked at his emails and thought "Well, if they see this someone is going to prison" and had a mental breakdown. Then he started drinking. Then he called some news orgs.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Won't lie, I thought Carter Page in the movie depicting all this was gonna be insane

Think he got one-upped. Who's gonna play this dumb asshole in the movie?

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I saw a conjecture that makes sense: Nunberg found something going through old emails that contradicts what he told the FBI when he spoke to them.

So then he realizes he'll have to cooperate or go to jail.

• Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Won't lie, I thought Carter Page in the movie depicting all this was gonna be insane

I would cast Kevin James for Nunberg

If Nunberg doesn't hand over those emails. Can the FBI get a warrant to take them from him?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

If Nunberg doesn't hand over those emails. Can the FBI get a warrant to take them from him?

yes

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    I saw a conjecture that makes sense: Nunberg found something going through old emails that contradicts what he told the FBI when he spoke to them.

He was already cooperating though. And he's still saying he wants to. He just keeps making it conditional (now anyway) on them leaving Carter Page alone.

So what most likely happened is he was all ready to cooperate and give them certain things and then he looked through his emails and realised those emails would implicate Carter Page is something real bad and maybe also himself to.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Just catching up

Making bad life choices. So very very many bad life choices.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Remember, they are likely asking for things they already have. So it is unlikely this guy is going to pull off anything major here.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Did everyone see that Sam called into NY Mag late last night after all his TV?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/sam-nunberg-on-his-media-spree-and-his-message-for-trump.html

A highlight...

When you were asked that question on the air — were you drinking, or are you okay — were you offended?
    Was I offended by it? You know what I was offended by was that Erin Burnett begged me to go on her show, and I think that Erin Burnett asked that question because earlier in the interview, I said Sarah Huckabee [Sanders] should shut her fat mouth. I wasn’t talking about how Sarah is fat, I was talking about how she’s a big mouth. And I would really suggest she stops talking about me and Roger.

Didn’t you call Sarah Huckabee Sanders a slob?
    Yeah, I called her a slob. She is a slob!

One of the documentarians for Get Me Roger Stone the Netflix documentary has said that Nunberg is struggling with substance abuse. So things make a lot more sense through that lense.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Having a guy realizing he is in deep trouble who has substance abuse issues does go a long way towards explaining the spectacle that was going on yesterday.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Did everyone see that Sam called into NY Mag late last night after all his TV?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/sam-nunberg-on-his-media-spree-and-his-message-for-trump.html

A highlight...

When you were asked that question on the air — were you drinking, or are you okay — were you offended?
    Was I offended by it? You know what I was offended by was that Erin Burnett begged me to go on her show, and I think that Erin Burnett asked that question because earlier in the interview, I said Sarah Huckabee [Sanders] should shut her fat mouth. I wasn’t talking about how Sarah is fat, I was talking about how she’s a big mouth. And I would really suggest she stops talking about me and Roger.

Didn’t you call Sarah Huckabee Sanders a slob?
    Yeah, I called her a slob. She is a slob!

One of the documentarians for Get Me Roger Stone the Netflix documentary has said that Nunberg is struggling with substance abuse. So things make a lot more sense through that lense.

Oh my god, just bang already.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

and cooperating means turning on Roger Stone

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular

These characters are too similar. They will be combined in the TV movie, to spare viewers the confusion.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    (Catches up on 200 Monday posts)

That's a hell of an act, Sam. What do you call it?

The Aristocrats!

This joke has been made so many times in regard to the goat rope that is this administration, but never in so appropriate a context as this most recent sub-goat and/or rope-strand.

This is the bar now.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    If the story didn't keep developing during each interview I'd actually be pissed at the media for chasing ratings and having a clearly distressed, disturbed man do so many public interviews. But hell, some reporters were trying to give him good advice.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Forar wrote: »
    Can you imagine being on Mueller’s team, watching it happen in real time? I’m envisioning one person watching raptly, with the rest of the people in the office slowly being drawn to it until they’re all standing in front of the screen. Popcorn appears and is passed around, but in retrospect nobody is sure where it came from.

It was absurd to even just catch hot takes in here as it happened.

He just... tweeted it out! ...again!

mysticjuicer on
    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    By the way if anyone hasn't, highly recommend opening up that interview with NYMag and reading it, it is...just delightful.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Nunberg's behavior is consistent with that of someone who realized they were kind of fucked, then got really, really amazingly drunk and thought it would be awesome to drop trou and wag his dick at a special investigator.

Then began to sober up while his dick was in his hand.

This is a particularly apt analogy for me, because I can't help but give people the benefit of the doubt (on not being completely dysfunctional) in these situations and want to interpret his final demand, that he will comply if they drop the demand for any Page emails, as a desparate joke that one might make in that scenario to save face.

Like, in his mind it's a humorous counter-offer because he doesn't have any of such emails, because why would he ever talk to that idiot, so it's not really a counter offer at all!

To everyone else, he's still holding his dick at Mueller's birthday party.

"Hey wait a minute, this isn't the petting zoo, Bob! Am I right? Hahaha, he gets it. We go way back. Anyway, gotta run!"

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    a

This is assuming they didn't go to the email provider and request them. You don't depend on your possibly bad faith actor witness to provide you with evidence. The whole point of the exercise is to see what he omits when he submits them.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I actually agreed with some gop talking head

that guy should not have been on TV yesterday as he was pretty clearly mixing alcohol and meds.

It was sad and honestly, if I didn't dislike the trump admin so much I'd be a lot more disgusted with the entire TV news media.

that said, he was probably drunk because he seriously fucked up somewhere along the line and that is newsworthy.

I guess the media had to take what they got

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I actually agreed with some gop talking head

that guy should not have been on TV yesterday as he was pretty clearly mixing alcohol and meds.

It was sad and honestly, if I didn't dislike the trump admin so much I'd be a lot more disgusted with the entire TV news media.

that said, he was probably drunk because he seriously fucked up somewhere along the line and that is newsworthy.

I guess the media had to take what they got

On one hand, I kinda agree that the Media shouldn't have guests on that are clearly intoxicated. On the other hand, I don't think he said anything that he believes is untrue. It's just that his intoxication made him say the quiet parts out loud.

And those quiet parts are things that I think the public has a right to know about, because it so strongly impacts our government.

• Options
    yeah, there's definitely cases to be made either way

ultimately though, I guess he was the one calling the media

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

It was kind of gross on the medias part though. He was a drowning man and they were all too content to describe the water.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    At least the two other legal experts on Ari Melbers show seemed genuinely concerned and were trying to urge him toward what was in his best interest.

They weren’t just putting him in front of a camera and going “Hey, get a load of this guy!”

Viskod on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

It was kind of gross on the medias part though. He was a drowning man and they were all too content to describe the water.

Let's not hyperbolize too much.

He was not drowning; his life was not in danger.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    At least the two other legal experts on Ari Melbers show seemed genuinely concerned and were trying to urge him toward what was in his best interest.

They weren’t just putting him in front of a camera and going “Hey, get a load of this guy!”

Yeah, there were several times when he was told it might be better for him if he stopped talking.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I don't want this man to hurt himself, because there's always a possibility someone could realize the bad stuff they've done and become a better person.

But this dude is a racist shitbag that helped sell our country out and is possibly sitting on that information. Fuck this dude.

This discussion has been closed.