As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nomic [GAME ON]: Kusuguttai's Prop 320 - WAITING 4.41pm

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I am horrible at this game. Also, this game has become a chore. is there any way for me to quit because I really don't wanna play this anymore?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    113. A player always has the option to forfeit the game rather than continue to play or incur a game penalty. No penalty worse than losing, in the judgment of the player to incur it, may be imposed.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh man.

Games where that rule is made mutable, and then amended...those are the best kind.

One anthro grad student who played live with me once had to wash all of our cars when she quit.

We went to a car wash, and lined them up one Saturday in late April.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    ok, I forfeit then. Sorry, but this game is not the type of one I enjoy playing. funny, because I play Starcraft almost every night.

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Nap, when you've played this in the past, do you do it face-to-face? How do you set it up?

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    this is kind of getting boring

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, I think it is one of those games where you have to play face-to-face.

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    Nap, when you've played this in the past, do you do it face-to-face? How do you set it up?
    You have set gaming sessions, like an RPG group.

I have usually done once every two weeks.

You use more or less the same ruleset that we used this time.

At each meeting, you do four or five propositions. There is debate and revision time. Etcetera.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    srsizzy needs to get his ass online

taking forever to post props isn't helping things

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    I like this game and I don't see any problems when people who find it boring leave.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have no idea...

ek, look down for proposition

I wasn't sure, when I do this, can I still propose other stuff that has to do with mutable rules? I mean, essentially, can I propose to amend every mutable rule there is? (I don't want to do this, but there's more things I want to put on this prop).

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I think all you can do is transmute the rule in your turn.

I am all in favor of alternate win conditions, though.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good luck with the pink stuff, too. I stopped doing it outside of the nomic thread partly because I could but also partly because I fucking forgot one time. Luckily I got in under the wire on that one.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I wasn't sure how to interpret this:

103. A rule-change is any of the following: (1) the enactment, repeal, or amendment of a mutable rule; (2) the enactment, repeal, or amendment of an amendment of a mutable rule; or (3) the transmutation of an immutable rule into a mutable rule or vice versa.
    (Note: This definition implies that, at least initially, all new rules are mutable; immutable rules, as long as they are immutable, may not be amended or repealed; mutable rules, as long as they are mutable, may be amended or repealed; any rule of any status may be transmuted; no rule is absolutely immune to change.

It doesn't say you can't do all three things with one proposition.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, fuck.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    hrm

I think I see what you mean, not sure

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Well, I'll just make the proposal now, and if it doesn't work then I guess it doesn't matter.

PROP 323 BELOW

Well, that's it, I'm just trying to do something. I need unanimity to make this pass, so if I don't get it I'll remove the transmutation from the proposition.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    You can't do all of it at once (at least in part), because you only get one turn, and your proposition all takes place at the same time. Meaning that the amendment and transmutation go off at the same time. Since you can't amend an immutable rule, it would fail.

This is just one reason why you can't.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I made a typo...

Proposition 324:
    On the next page.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    You can't do all of it at once (at least in part), because you only get one turn, and your proposition all takes place at the same time. Meaning that the amendment and transmutation go off at the same time. Since you can't amend an immutable rule, it would fail.

This is just one reason why you can't.
    I'm not amending the immutable rule, I'm amending other rules.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I like it

also I don't see why changing all that is against the rules. He's not changing an immutable rule other than making it mutable

Raneados on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007

I vote in favor of the active proposition.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    I'm stuck at work and going crazy
    Although some people might call me lazy
    But this catalog sucks
    It is driving me nuts
    And my eyesight is getting hazy.

I vote in favor of the active proposition.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'd vote for this, but you just can't do all that at once. I've always been of the opinion that only one transmutation, amendment or completely new rule may be voted on at any one time.

And at any rate, nap's right, passing that all within the same rule is illegal.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    nuh uh prove it

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I think what nap meant is that amending rule 208 in that fashion is not allowed by rule 112. Transmuting rule 112 does not make it legal to amend 208 - you still have to amend 112.

I just re-read 112 a few times and I think you're close to being legal with what you're proposing anyway, regardless of 112. What causes the problem is saying people can't win before the end of the third circuit. 112 says "The state of affairs that constitutes winning may not be altered from achieving n points to any other state of affairs." Saying that you have to achieve n points after circuit three is illegal. It says you can change n, though, so you can just straight up increase the winning total to 300 right now if you want without any conflict. And I'd probably vote for something like that.

I don't like getting rid of 212, though. Not sure I can give you my votes with that part in there. Maybe.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    how's that for a response

I didn't even know you'd written that, since I've apparently been crafting this response for 25 minutes.

Also some backup poems.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I don't like 212, just seems to be a little easy to exploit given the right opprtunity

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I've been trying to think of an opportunity for two weeks and haven't come up with a plausible one yet.

Or have I?

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I have

but it involves a team

a strike force

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    A driver, a face, a strongman.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm the brains

now I just need the muscle

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I would like to have a discussion about the whole "doing multiple things at once" thing, though. Like, with more than just me and Rane.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    good luck

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    continuing to dominate this page

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    let's rock this town

rock it inside out

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    we shall make them scream

and shout

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    homina homina homina!

Raneados on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    GET TO THE VAN

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    damnit rank we had a thing going

Raneados on