As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the only award a [movie] should care about winning is a teen choice award

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pitch Perfect 3 is actually a Cloverfield movie.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    During the Super Bowl we're going to find out that the New England Patriots are Cloverfield 5.

Everything is a Cloverfield. Me. You. All of us. The real Cloverfield was the friends we made along the way, etc.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    During the Super Bowl we're going to find out that the New England Patriots are Cloverfield 5.

I would prefer Cloverfield continue to grow in popularity

• Options

Don't worry, every NFL team gets to be a Cloverfield, eventually.

Except the Browns.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Don't worry, every NFL team gets to be a Cloverfield, eventually.

Except the Browns.

Because they are the monster?

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    When Iowa farmer Ray hears a mysterious voice one night in his cornfield saying "If you build it, he will come," he feels the need to act. Despite taunts of lunacy, Ray builds a massive satellite dish to send messages into outer space, until one day, someone - or something - responds.

J.J. Abrams presents: Cloverfield of Dreams

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    My mom just called and said that a home video of me as a young child running around with a towel tied around my neck pretending to be a superhero was apparently a Cloverfield film.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    My mom just called and said that a home video of me as a young child running around with a towel tied around my neck pretending to be a superhero was apparently a Cloverfield film.

I think I saw the trailer for that one. It's impressive your mom got John Goodman to make that cameo. Really ties the franchise together.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Hey y'all you should watch this if you want to see maybe the best child actor I've ever seen and also the best performance I've ever seen from Willem Dafoe

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    The italian store I used to live near made a fantastic white pizza, with nothing but cheese.

open-face toasted cheese sandwich

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Hey y'all you should watch this if you want to see maybe the best child actor I've ever seen and also the best performance I've ever seen from Willem Dafoe

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Thanks for the heads-up, I've been waiting for this one for a while.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Turns out Frog Fractions 2 was actually a new Cloverfield movie

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Uhhh, is this still rumoured to just be a superbowl advert thing?

https://www.facebook.com/DundeeMovie/videos/162502487724995/

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That's like, every Australian actor non Australians might recognize, with gag character names
    It's basically a big budget Funny or Die skit
    It's not a real movie

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    That's like, every Australian actor non Australians might recognize, with gag character names
    It's basically a big budget Funny or Die skit
    It's not a real movie

It's not a real movie yet, I'd be completely unsurprised if they try to roll this into a real movie if the ad goes down well

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

so sounds like Black Panther is good

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2018
    I just got a call from JJ Abrams.

The video I made this morning of my dogs playing tug of war with a rope toy?

That's a Cloverfield!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I was so excited for Cloverfield in the theaters it was insane. I could not wait. I was all aboard the JJ Abrams hype train and nothing could stop me.

When the movie starts, and DHARMA logo comes up on the footage's slate screen
    latest?cb=20080530045442

I almost threw my popcorn.

LOST is Cloverfield 0 and it's the greatest.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I just got a call from JJ Abrams.

The video I made this morning of my dogs playing tug of war with a rope toy?

That's a Cloverfield!

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Cloverfield, that's a Cloverfield

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    In 2016, Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda partnered with Rothfuss to serve as creative producer on film and television adaptations of the books, which center on Kvothe, a magically gifted young man and famous musician who grows to be the most notorious wizard his world has ever seen.

Well....that's not a total lie I guess.
    But man does that not even touch on the story.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    In 2016, Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda partnered with Rothfuss to serve as creative producer on film and television adaptations of the books, which center on Kvothe, a magically gifted young man and famous musician who grows to be the most notorious wizard his world has ever seen.

"also, he's a huge dildo"

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I heard that Abrams said that he's retro- Cloverfielding several classic movies.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Psychopath seems like a more apt term.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Well that goes without saying when you mention "notorious wizard".

Wizards suck, it's a universal constant.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular

Uuuuhhhhhhhhh yeah, this looks mighty good.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The Dundee thing was confirmed to be a big viral ad for Australian Tourism, y'all

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    That's exactly what they want you to think, Blank

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Notorious for being a wanker

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The Dundee thing was confirmed to be a big viral ad for Australian Tourism, y'all

Confirmed by randoms on twitter? Or for real?

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Confirmed by randoms on twitter? Or for real?

It was confirmed by God.

On Twitter.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Mute trailer: (edit: fixed)

https://youtu.be/EVGaOGNzyx8

Fawst on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    That trailer does a pretty good job of leaving me without a goddamn clue what this movie is about.

(other than orange and teal, of course)

minor incident on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hey @Rorshach Kringle, here is a morning brain-exercise for you (and anyone else interested).

If you could produce your dream film, who would be involved with it and what would it be about?
    Genre:
    Plot Summary (one sentence):
    Director:
    -
    Lead Actor:
    Lead Actor:
    Lead Actor:
    Supporting Actor:
    Supporting Actor:
    Supporting Actor:
    Supporting Actor:
    Supporting Actor:
    Cameo/One-Scene Actor:
    Cameo/One-Scene Actor:

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

so sounds like Black Panther is good

Supposedly with a very good villain, too.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Hey @Rorshach Kringle, here is a morning brain-exercise for you (and anyone else interested).

If you could produce your dream film, who would be involved with it and what would it be about?

snip

Let's crack this nut.
    Genre: Heavy Metal Fantasy Adventure
    Plot Summary (one sentence): It's basically Jumanji by way of Brutal Legend; Conan The Barbarian meets The Number of the Beast.
    Director: Wes Anderson
    -
    Lead Actor: Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    Lead Actor: Simon Pegg
    Lead Actor: Dave Bautista
    Supporting Actor: Helena Bonham Carter
    Supporting Actor: Michael B. Jordan
    Supporting Actor: Lin-Manuel Miranda
    Supporting Actor: Doug Jones in some kind of Doug Jones-ass rubber suit
    Supporting Actor: Lena Waithe
    Cameo/One-Scene Actor: Glenn Danzig
    Cameo/One-Scene Actor: Rob Halford

minor incident on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Wes Anderson doesn't mix with heavy metal!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Wes Anderson doesn't mix with heavy metal!

Yet.

This discussion has been closed.