The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PrePax Game Night-The Mostly Official Fairly Legit Thread (Now with with Peptide Frosting)

LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
edited February 1 in PAX East
No, not really with frosting.

BUT! This is really the thread for the "big" Pre-Pax Game Night that happens every year at the Boston Westin Waterfront; the hotel adjacent to the convention center. More details will be posted as we get them, but here's what you need to know right now:

A) We're targeting Wednesday night this year for game night. There are no details yet but you can check out last year's thread here to learn more about it.
B) The event is free, all-ages, and does not require sign ups. Just show up.
C) This event is not paid for, sponsored by, or promoted through PAX Proper or any business. It is a grass-roots, community organized event organized by volunteers. (That's how it's free)
D) It's totally worth coming in early for. We get around 500ish board game players in a huge donated room and everybody just games out all night.

Things are very unusual this year with the extension of the con so it's hard to predict what will happen. This thread is NOT a guarantee that the event will happen or when but I'd be pretty surprised if we can't work something out.

More will be posted soon...

Owner of and General Badass Chick at Seattle's best Distillery & Scandinavian Cafe Old Ballard Liquor Co.
LexiconGrrl on
WuShockiltasfford2008nevermore13kropotkinXenigmaTopherRockscraiolaSutibunRiClannMorgan

• VermillionDeVermillionDe Registered User regular
    Yay! Hooray for prepax boardgames night. Maybe I'll lug down arkham horror lcg again in my big honking suitcase. It totally doesn't look shady (Hey kids, can I interest you in some unnamable horror?)

Are you going to be there this year LexiconGrrl?

LexiconGrrl
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I shall be there with the forum badges as always. I shall, however, not be there with my copy of Rising Sun as there is a lot to that game and the game mat is way to big to carry 3000 miles across the Atlantic Ocean!

23703467718_df4b01a3b8_b.jpg
    WuShockBCBarneyLexiconGrrlelo
  • SolanalesSolanales Registered User regular
    I'd be happy to contribute to any marketing materials if needed. I'm a graphic designer in my daily life but would love to help out with this if needed.

LDdFLNy.png
    LexiconGrrl
  • RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    Since ill actually be coming up on a wed this time cause of pax being 4 days i have a better chance to make this. Cause i wanna be up there before rush hour since im about a 3 hour drive up.

signature.png
    PAX East : 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
  • Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    Glad I found this! Community events at my last PAX 8 years ago are a large part of why I am returning from across the pond. Plus, travelling solo so this will be great to meet some peeps. Looking forward to more details!

Frightfully

WuShock
  • eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to this again. Here's hoping it happens since its always a fun way to spend the night before PAX :)

gmfhUr6.jpg

My pin collection, trade requests welcome - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/elo