Options

[Slay the Spire] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I dunno guys, isnt this game supposed to be hard? doesnt the wokebloke hose powers?

I'm very confused, i didn't even have Mummified Hand.
    07568823A6321119F9CA40614303DA081C6ADFD2

I guess Bird Faced Urn and Dead Branch will just have to do. Deck was silly - Against A4 elites, by the end of turn 1 there were 8 cards left in my draw pile. Seems like it might be a good deck when it can do that!

Fairly obviously, all the deck cared about was getting Creative AI into play as fast as possible with it's various other powers, and then going off. Twin Fusion+ were a godsend. (Astrolabe got me one of them, the other was a pre-upgraded reward). dead branch was bought from a store - i was looking for mummified hand, had little exhaust syngery at the time, but really couldnt say no - I knew i'd take Recycle at the very least, and White Noise became super good.

Evidence scores are dumb: I'm short 3 perfect elite fights because of abusing Blue Candle/Centinel Puzzle on Shame. Which counts as damage and takes perfect away. *Grumble* (I have no idea how you fix the scoring system, but it incentives some daft play and rewards luck way too heavily)

Edit: Wow, going back and looking at it, that act 1 routing. I think i picked damage for gold, hoped to find a shop, and a path where i could pivot if needed? But i think i found ball lighting early, hence i was like "fuck it, we can do this".

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    And then to round off the night:
    425A3D91F6B1EB609110CBFBE63FCACE88F20E3A

Buying Lee's Waffle on floor 2 sure was a thing, but it worked so hey. Also funny fact: 2 of those noxious fumes were found BEFORE i got Frozen egg. I could have had like 5 or 6 Noxius Fumes+ by the end of the game, but decided to exercise restraint (and not get murdered by wokebloke).

Killing the heart and A4 elite felt a lot easier than the Act 3 bosses, honestly. Not sure if just good draws, or the nature of the deck - i think a bit of the latter? It was a VERY good heart killing deck - 8 turns is a very respectable time to kill.

(Also if you all have questions about the decks or choices, go for it. Streaming soon, i swear. keep harassing me and It WILL HAPPEN)

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Heatsinks is love, Heatsinks is life.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    So really more of a general topic I'd like to hear about before I try going back to not-Ironclad:

As I noted trying to get my initial Heart kills, Zombie Penguin and others seem to rate card-draw and multiple powers way higher than me for Defect and Silent. Basically, what's the reasoning / expectation about Coolheaded and similar?

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure what you mean about powers, but regarding card draw: if you have the energy to "profitably" add card draw to your deck, you should. Having a hand of 8 cards is better than having a hand of 5 cards, because you have more options to choose from, and it means the weakest cards in your deck don't have to be played, because you're more consistently drawing into your stronger cards. By "profitably" I just mean that after you play the thing that draws you cards, you still have enough energy to reliably do the tasks you need: generate block, play your key scaling effects, or output damage.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure what you mean about powers, but regarding card draw: if you have the energy to "profitably" add card draw to your deck, you should. Having a hand of 8 cards is better than having a hand of 5 cards, because you have more options to choose from, and it means the weakest cards in your deck don't have to be played, because you're more consistently drawing into your stronger cards. By "profitably" I just mean that after you play the thing that draws you cards, you still have enough energy to reliably do the tasks you need: generate block, play your key scaling effects, or output damage.

Yeah, I see the general application, I'm just surprised by the relative valuations beong so different. Is it related to the diminished likelihood of removing cards at the high end of the difficulty curve?

As far as taking lots of powers, I assume it's a related phenomenon since they self-thin and most Silent / Defect ones stack profitably but fewer Ironclad powers do, but again, I wouldn't mind hearing it from you all.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    When I win with the Defect, I win because of the powers I took. Orbs & Echo Form mostly :D

Silent also has super powerful powers. You can win without, but there are a few powers that basically improve every deck. Footwork, Wraithform, and Noxious Fumes are the main things I'm thinking of. Then you have, like, Well-laid Plans which is the same although I maybe put it slightly lower in priority?

Ironclad, though... Barricade is critical for... a Barricade deck. Demon Form is very nice, but you can make strength work without it. Enflame is good, Juggernaut can be OK, Metallicize is good, and there are the Exhaust synergies which can be helpful. I guess the real run-defining Power is Corruption, which is great, yeah. But besides Corruption, nothing else is on the same run-defining or always-good tier as many Silent or Defect ones.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Ooooh, this is a great question @Auralynx!

So decks that are trying to kill the heart at a20 tend to lose for one of three reasons:

A) unable to meaningfully scale
    B) unable to meaningfully defend
    C) unable to draw cards to do a & b when needed

So if you look at my favorite Commons that I almost never skip, what do backflip, shrug it off and cool headed all have in common? They help solve both b & c. Piercing wail doesn't draw cards, but it's really really good at b. (Similarly, true grit, or reinforced body/glacier)

Like the worst case scenario for a lot of these cards is that they cantrip while giving you block. That's pretty good!

On the subject of powers...

So, you have to scale. Which means you deck needs to be able to increase it's output, and quite dramatically.

Powers are the easiest way to do this for all three classes. They're not the only way, but say: limit break/spot weakness is a lot slower and less reliable as a scaling engine than limit break/inflame x2/spot weakness. Or the classic corruption/feel no pain/Juggernaut engine

Second to that is that stuff like well laid plans, heat sinks, dead embrace are some of the best ways to solve c. (Heatsinks and dead embrace can also easily be part of degenerate combo engines, which are great). Being able to dig your deck, or just ought hold your answers until you need them is insanely strong.

Hope this helps!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'd love some tips on getting through A15 w/Ironclad. Like, I know I'm supposed to grab some good damage cards early for Elites and not pass up on "good stuff" cards, but I'm having some trouble finding consistency with him. Also, where do you value card removal from shops? I'm assuming removing Strikes first is typically the best answer?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    We can suggest things if you post a quick run summary with neow bonus options and card rewards offered and taken.

If you take the “take damage early Act 1” strat, you’re set up to (almost) always remove strikes at shops or at events. Major exception is if you hit a shop before your first elite, and don’t have great damage output yet.

Remove cards if there isn’t a critical/super good relic or card that you must take in the current shop, unless you will fail the run if you don’t have X card/relic. So like, you will die to Act 3 bosses without Catalyst, therefore don’t spend money on card removes until you’ve hit the last shop of the act.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    I do try to prioritize removing Strikes pretty highly though, except before Act 1 Elites because they are so scary at high Ascension.

That's more for Silent and Defect, though. Ironclad I'm still pretty clueless on.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'd love some tips on getting through A15 w/Ironclad. Like, I know I'm supposed to grab some good damage cards early for Elites and not pass up on "good stuff" cards, but I'm having some trouble finding consistency with him. Also, where do you value card removal from shops? I'm assuming removing Strikes first is typically the best answer?

So, early damage that's good: Carnage. Perfectd Strike (if you can upgrade it). Immolate (Will carry you through act 2 to boot). Whirlwind if you have no other options (Whirlwind is not a bad card, it is an overrated card. It is good at converting energy to AoE Damage/Damage... and Converting Energy to damage is not an area that Ironclad's bad at). Wild Strike. Hemokensis. (Wild strike's probably better than hemo, ironically - both need an upgrade).

Beyond this, ironclad decks tend to be goign in one of two ways: Strength, or Exhaust. Thankfully, these are pretty broad categories. Exhaust is building around Feel No Pain, giving you fantastic defensive oompf (This is why you'll see me take FNP on like, floor 2-3.) A tip for strength builds: Heavy Blade is not worth it - UNLESS you a: havent found other payoff, or b: have necromnomicon. Sword Boomerang is much more universally useful/flexible. (For one, it cant overkill a single target in AoE fights, which is a big deal). Pummel is also real good.

Removal: Remove strikes as you get other offensive cards in act 1. A pummel strike is better than a strike. So is headbutt. etc.

Oh! THIS BIT IS IMPORTANT: Bash is a real good upgrade. It is not the /best/ upgrade, (like Uppercut > Bash), but it is a very very strong upgrade - If you're unsure what to do at your first campfire, upgrade bash. An exception would be if you have something like Combust and your boss fight is Slimeyboi. Upgrade combust there. But bash is just REALLY good.

Other stuff: Feed is really good. One way to win this game is simply to have fuckloads of +maxhp, and ironclad does this like no other.

Here's some of Mr Joinrbs recent ironclad wins - i'd suggest sticking these on in the background as you play, and seeing what he does, as there's a nice mix of approaches here (including some insanity like stalling to Feed/Exhume/Feed/Exhume/Feed in a single fight)

Sblocked to not eat up screen space

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So do you guys consider beating the third act a “won” run? Or only if you beat the Heart?

• Options
    So do you guys consider beating the third act a “won” run? Or only if you beat the Heart?

Third Act most of the time. Occasionally I'll do low or no Ascension runs with the express intent of a heart kill.

Once I get better, I'll probably shoot for A20 heart kills as my main goal

Steam profile
  • Options
    I consider beating Act 3 a win, yeah.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So I actually did A1 Ironclad a while ago, I just didn’t get a heart kill. I was waiting to go up to A2 until after I had beaten the heart on A1 but I feel a lot better knowing that it’s considered a win to get past the third Act.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

I still feel weird advancing my ascension level when the screen says Defeated, but that's just my frustration because despite grinding a few Act 3 wins with each class lately, I'm still 0-fer against the Heart.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited March 2019

I'm only counting heart kills now, but that's because i did a spate of A20 non heart kills, and wanted more challenge. The heart is very much a victory/bonus lap/extra hard mode - i dont recommend fighting it while climbing acension, and i recommend adjusting your expecatiosn to being you will die to the heart if you're going after it at a20 (Consider that the best players in the world have a roughly... 30% win rate vs the heart. I'd call myself one of hte better players out there, and my win rate is less than 10% i think? i'd have to go check manually and that sounds like butts to do. Math, ewww).

it is BRUTALLY hard.

@MNC Dover One thing that might help with ironclad, though this is kinda specific to powers:

Ironclad's powers are mostly combo pieces. Silent's powers are mostly silver bullets (that is - they solve particular situations). Defect's powers are mostly both at the same time (due to the way orbs work - Electrodynamcis is also a combo piece with orbs).

Like Metallicize by itself is not very exciting. Metallicze + Oricalcum is a lot more exciting. Add Dual Wield, and you can get a crazy amount of block for freeee. Add Juggernaguht, and that's offensive damage while defending you!

Juggernaught is a very good example too. It's really not exciting by itself. add feel no pain and a true grit or two, or fiend fire and suddenly it shoots straight into combo town. Dark Embrace/Corruption - All of the freaking above together. So on so forth.

Or, heck, the game i'm in right now - my first floor pickup was Evolve. Why? I have Hexaghost for my final boss, and i'm taking a double/possibly triple elite path (And it's amazing vs Tri Sentires). and now i've got it, the Wild Strike i just grabbed becomes Deal 17 Damage, draw 2 cards. and i can take Mark of Pain, rather than avoiding it... And thus turns on silly things like Feel No Pain/Medical kit.

Combo piece, see?

Edit: like here was my deck, end of act 1 about to fight Hexaghost.

22 hp, Potion Belt, Champion's Belt, Bag of Prep (I'm a final fantasty protag, clearly), Oricalcum.

4x Strike, 4x Defend, 1xBash+, 1xEvolve+, 1x Corruption, 1x Headbutt, 1x Flame Barrier, 1x Wild Strike+, 1x Havoc+, 1x Second Wind, 1x Shrug it off, 1x Spot weakness.

So you can probably see how there's already some combos going on in that little set of cards - Headbutt/Havoc, Second Wind/Wild Strike/Evolve, Spot Weakness is amazing scaling vs Hexa. Corruption's basically a curse, but we know it does something real good later on. We skipped a barricade because that doesnt actually combo well with what we're doing (I think! I might be wrong! Maybe i'll regret this!)

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options

"MNC Dover" One thing that might help with ironclad, though this is kinda specific to powers:

Ironclad's powers are mostly combo pieces. Silent's powers are mostly silver bullets (that is - they solve particular situations). Defect's powers are mostly both at the same time (due to the way orbs work - Electrodynamcis is also a combo piece with orbs).

Like Metallicize by itself is not very exciting. Metallicze + Oricalcum is a lot more exciting. Add Dual Wield, and you can get a crazy amount of block for freeee. Add Juggernaguht, and that's offensive damage while defending you!

Juggernaught is a very good example too. It's really not exciting by itself. add feel no pain and a true grit or two, or fiend fire and suddenly it shoots straight into combo town. Dark Embrace/Corruption - All of the freaking above together. So on so forth.

Hey @The Zombie Penguin, funny you should mention this:

dvbia542y5wn.png

Because I finally broke that horrible losing streak and got through A15.

Again, never tried the FNP power before because it seemed underwhelming. I get it now. I see the error of my ways. It seemed insane carrying Corruption and Demon Form, and I almost ditched Corruption after the act 1 boss offered Demon Form. But I held on to it a bit longer and it payed off.

The key was not to drop it too quickly. While each exhaust was drawing me a card and adding 9 Block, running out of skills too quickly would have been game over. The Awakened One was actually a rough boss draw since I was power dependent, but it worked out. I played just enough powers to get semi-online and used my Disarms to negate his STR gains. Worked out great!

Again, I took the Mark of the Bloom to get all my cards upgraded (which was a bunch), although this time I only had 39/78 health when I did it. A gamble no doubt, but an extra Relic didn't seem like it would have mattered and a full heal, while nice, wasn't exactly the power spike I needed.

But yeah! A15 done w/everyone. Inflation shops ahoy!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    That's definitely the sort of deck i find myself wishing for Barricade in, just to let me go completely nuts without worrying too much. Extra nice work on piloiting that sort of deck vs Awoken one, by the way - that's a feat you should be very proud of.

Great job!

And yeah, FNP is insane because it effctively is a footwork or better, that's not affected by Frail once you get Corruption into play. even without Corruption, it turns on doing stupid stunts like Fiend Fireing your entire hand at the start of the turn.

Edit: Your act 1 routing still deeply horrifies me, but i have to give you props for actually living that long and not dying =P

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    Some days i'm just bad at this game (They say slaying the heart).

I was like shit, pantograph would be really helpful, let's drop 200 fucking gold on this in the act 4 store. *never take any noticeable damage, heal what i do with bites* Oh. Guess i should have bought twisted funnel as a Bite/Apparition deck.

Deck was a fucking nightmare to pilot against Awoken one. The correct play ended up being ignoring After Images, and getting the well laid plans/footworks into play so i could Nightmare Apparition, and then finagle my way through turns from there. I'd like to compliment this deck on having every single defensive option the silent can do, it was kinda impressive.

Though really, Nightmare Apparitions was the correct play every time. Shit be busted, yo.

Act 2 relic choice was also a nightmare - Runic Pyrmaid vs Snecko Eye. I decided to lean into Snecko, but damn, that was a really hard choice. I think it made sense given the deck had basically no damage other than Four thousand cuts + caltrops. Having a bottled Bullet Time also pushed me over the edge - 9 card starting hands that were guaranteed to cost just seemed real good. Fun moment of the run: "Shit, mandatory 3 elites and a bunch of fights in act 3 to get this key... Oh hey, Merchant selling Preserved Insect. pleasure doing business with you"
    AD816560BFAC5624A356A6FF8D39C1B2B39C4185

And this was the most stressful freaking loss i've had, because arrrrgh. The deck's defences were AWFUL. It carried fugging 1000g of gold through to the very last ? before the act 3 boss with nothing to spend it on. Then got dramatically better (See that toxic egg, crippling cloud, second well laid plans. YEAH. Oh and the Frigigng second cata from the act 4 store) and still had incredibly stressful time against the act 3 bosses, made it through, found out i'd screwed up removing the last normalise, beat the act 4 elites, and died on turn 3 to the heart because it's defences were AWFUL.

That bit in act 1 where it was Deadly Poision+, Poision Stab+x 2 with Pocketwatch was great tho'. It was just the rest of the run that was a nightmare. (God, if it'd gotten freaking nightmare. And you know, Leg Sweep sometime before late act 3). Honestly, give this deck nightmare and paper krane and it'd have probably been fine. Maybe.
    9AF0BC52FE4A8212C905DC1F51BD0488EA5E5BD0

So yeah. My head hurts now. Thanks game >=(

• Options
    My confusion with FNP is that it only activates on Exhaust for 3 Block, which I thought was too rare to activate for a small reward. I see now that combined with Fiend Fire and the like, that those bonuses nicely stack.

As for my Act 1 pathing, I'm still under the assumption that I should be fighting as many Elites as possible on Act 1 since Act 2/3 Elites are much more powerful. Is that wrong or are you more concerned about my lack up Camping/upgrading?

Looking over my run, I went into my first Elite fight at almost full hp and Carnage. Nob did 23, following Slaver 10, and Sentries 13. I figured that if the second Elite was Sentries, I could handle them well enough with Metallicize + Defend for only 2 damage per turn.

Limped into campfire with 42 hp, upgraded Infernal Blade, took 7 more damage in the next event to remove a Strike, before hitting another Nob which left me with 10 hp. Finally got super lucky taking no damage against Thugs and healed at the campfire. I beat Hexaghost with a Speed+5 Potion/Artifact and a few save resets.

So yeah, the pathing was probably way too dangerous, but I was very tired and in a "fuck it" mood. It's funny that I usually feel I'm playing way too safe by never bothering the Act 2/3 Elites if I can avoid them. The excessive risks I take on Act 1 might explain why those runs end so soon. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I died to the Act 2 boss on my A17 Ironclad run this morning, but I'm getting quite good at killing 3 elites in Act 1 almost exclusively via headbutt being as great as it is. :P
    I had 3 copies in act 1 which could both recycle themselves for consistent damage, or whatever other card was most beneficial (like my single fire wall against the multi-hitting boss~). Unfortunately I just didn't really get the opportunity to take any other block cards throughout all of act 2, including fighting 2 more elites. Gambled on the apparition event because I had an Exhume+ from Astrolabe and no cards that exhausted. :P Might not have been the wrong play, but that run just felt more or less doomed and I accepted my fate.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I'm rather green with this game but I just had a crazy ironclad run where I had 2 Limit Break+ with headbutt recursion allowing me to to have 148 str on my final turn.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    That's definitely the sort of deck i find myself wishing for Barricade in, just to let me go completely nuts without worrying too much. Extra nice work on piloiting that sort of deck vs Awoken one, by the way - that's a feat you should be very proud of.

Great job!

And yeah, FNP is insane because it effctively is a footwork or better, that's not affected by Frail once you get Corruption into play. even without Corruption, it turns on doing stupid stunts like Fiend Fireing your entire hand at the start of the turn.

Edit: Your act 1 routing still deeply horrifies me, but i have to give you props for actually living that long and not dying =P

What's scary about the act 1 routing? For me I’d like to see a campfire before the first elite but other than that it looks ok to me.

• Options
    First run of the day with Ironclad and I beat A16!

yic9hmlbxp9x.png

So yeah, I was vastly underrating the power of exhaust decks. FNP x2 and Jugg x2 did some work. Shockwaves ensured the enemy took and did little damage, and Dual Wield gave me flexibility to add another FNP or Metallicize.

The best part was being unsure whether to grab Sozo, even though it's probably the best energy relic in the game. I figured with my potion belt and 4 potions, I'd like the utility they could provide. Turns out I ended the game w/3 potions anyway. Looks like my fears were unfounded as 1 extra energy provides way more utility.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Marty81 wrote: »

Great job!

What's scary about the act 1 routing? For me I’d like to see a campfire before the first elite but other than that it looks ok to me.

From an a20 perspective: 4 normal fights into elite, fight, elite is basically guaranteed death. I'd have to god-roll on whale bonuses to even consider a path like that, and i'd still expect to get killed by it.

My preference, when possible is Fight/Events/Shop/Fight/Campfire/Elite in some order - i'll take an elite before campfire with an early shop, or similar, but i'm generally aiming to find a route that has 2-3 elite fights, a shop or two, and a chunk of events, and some amount of normal fights - at least 3, but not necessarily wanting excessively more than that. It's a tricky balance because fights are how you get cards, and cards are kinda important to winning... but fights are real good at making you loose the run too.

• Options
    Just saw that there is a mod called 'AlwaysNeverKeys'. I haven't checked it out, but it sounds like it might remove the Act 4 content from the game?

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I don't even. Really wasn't sure this was gonna work til I found the Body Slam in Act 3.
    27024A27E1AC8D13F3B0E8426F51BC6B98C56306

This following one that I completely understood - it was a Necronomicon Combo with good defenses - but clicked on the upgrade / no healing event at the start of Act 3 with.

... in a related development, I have to assume that there's a "correct" way to clear Ascension 20, and it's not by the Whale handing you a Dead Branch, the first fight handing you a Corruption, and the first mini-boss handing you a Dark Embrace.

It works, though!
    D23E2DF40768E1268F71BADDF2C4837D13D28CED

Auralynx on
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I finally knocked out my first Silent victory, giving me A20 wins against the heart on all three classes. Defect was frost orb shenanigans, Ironclad was Exhaust+Strength Fiend Fire shenanigans, Silent was spooky shenanigans to the tune of
    1433F6C1F46D040A8D3BA1408C43AB0CA94519AC
    C6EB90B425218AE39C755D9F62C215305DCAD459
    BABD397190098626555A36BE3ED9D66DEDFA874F
    I actually managed to have Nightmare+Wraith Form in my hand for a few turns before I felt I could actually afford to play it. Didn't want to risk losing too much health to the Beat of Death before I could finally knock out the twelve turn god mod and just rely on the ridiculous amounts of thorns I had to kill it during the multi attack. I can honestly say I don't remember if I played a single attack past the initial backstab against the heart.

I probably drafted too much thorns but figured with Mummified Hand it would be fine since literally all I had to do was draw and discard until I could just Nightmare+Wraith Form. As it turns out Enlightenment+ is really good when you can hold onto it until you have ten cards in your hand and over half of them are gonna get reduced. One of which is in your hand for three additional copies all at one cost next turn. The only reason that strategy was fine was because of the Tough Bandages I got from Neow.

butts
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    ... in a related development, I have to assume that there's a "correct" way to clear Ascension 20, and it's not by the Whale handing you a Dead Branch, the first fight handing you a Corruption, and the first mini-boss handing you a Dark Embrace.

I mean, that's definitely a correct way to clear Asc 20. :biggrin:

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Hey all, i'm livestreaming some Slay the Spire! Goal is tutorialish videos, thisis my very first stream, so tips/feedback/comments much appreciated. Hope it helps/is interesting!

Edit: Sadly, i forgot to save broadcasts, so you all missed the glory that was chat advising me to keep digging for the relic during ooze. On floor 2.

We got centinnel puzzle for our troubles of committing oozicide =D

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Great job @The Zombie Penguin on the stream! I just missed the "dig your own grave" moment as a clip. Your Internet shame was not saved forever. Very informative and a great start to your StS streaming future. Please keep it up!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'm really sad this is happening as I have to work literally a month straight and won't have the time to tune in. But I'm very glad you're doing it, and hope to eventually get to learn something.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    This is what you call a "Press E to End Turn" strategy...
    7u7t9agpvej2.png

Edit:

Woot, that gives me my second A20 win! One with Silent and one with Defect. Now to get Ironclad up there from A16....
    vnfihyd27n6u.png

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Thanks for the compliments folks! I'm going live in a minute or two =)

• Options
    After a bunch of really sad losses where I felt like I was getting hosed on picking up blocks, this deck was certainly an interesting culmination of things. I started with a few dropkicks because this might be the first seed ever where I got two of them and additional sources of vulnerable. :P Of course while this was a clever setup given an early Double Tap, things got pretty interesting when I said "Fuck it" and went Snecko Eye on the first boss. It went well from there. As I had started getting together some weird pieces of Feel No Pain exhaust stuff, I stumbled upon Charon's Ashes and Tornado Jar in the same chest, and at that point the deck couldn't lose. I barely got scratched for the rest of act 3, and handily slew Deca/Donu losing less than 10 life.
    08bsez7wwinq.png

• Options
    Going live again in a few minutes. Nice work on the win @ArcticLancer ! Sweet deck (That delicious Snecko/Pocket Watch combo too, oh i'm jealous)

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I actually don't think I ever triggered pocket watch once. >_> There were always a bunch of cards to play because of Double Tap / Dropkick / Enlightenment / Corruption shenanigans + the book that gave me 1 card for my draw pile every turn. I ended most fights with less than 10 cards in my deck, but the book never stopped giving me more fodder to play and exhaust~

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Knocked off Ascension 2 with the Ironclad today, with a really, really entertaining deck. Took the Curse-for-Rare-Relic option to start, and got Charon's Ashes, which basically drove my decision-making for the run.

1877D9818DDD7CEB66E70F690C863BD8BF5581C8

Highlights were getting, and getting rid of, the Pain curse 3 times! (Start, Forge, and ... one other place?)

Ritual Dagger was something like 50 damage by the time I got to the end.

Elvenshae on