As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    The Divine Malison debuff is a framed debuff that will reduce the enemy's resistances to several elements. I don't recall which debuffs it is since I don't have the weapon myself.

While I could continue pulling on the Shantotto EX banner (don't have a maxed Yuna or Rem 35cp, and still no Vaan 35cp), I am in full conservation mode in anticipation of upcoming banners. In order of appearance: Snow LC (will feature Snow, Firion and Penelo, Bahamut WoI (I don't know anything about this banner), Alisaie Event (features Terra EX along with Papalymo), Krile LC (will feature Krile, Cecil, and Yuffie). Along with this, I full expect the next awakening wave to arrive before Christmas along with two EX banners for that.

I'll give a brief overview of Snow's awakening before he drop Wednesday night, but if you want a tl;dr Snow becomes a better tank but his basic kit doesn't change. Numbers get bigger and his job as a tank is easier to pull off.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Does anyone know what the winter banner was before it got taken down?

Edit: And I did finally find a website that listed the elements for Divine Malison: Fire, Holy, Lightning, and Wind if anyone was interested. Which is kind of a weird mix, it doesn't even weaken against dark (Shantotto's other element).

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

Four gun users, 15s and 35s. Iirc it was Sazh, King, Balthier, and Vincent.

And it sounded like there was going to be a different banner for each week if the winter waltz.

Fry on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »

And it sounded like there was going to be a different banner for each week if the winter waltz.

Thanks! And what a weird theme for the holidays/winter festival. I forget did they have a New Year's festival event too?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Finally. after like 20 goddamn pulls I got shantotto's EX.

Edit: God I need so many power stones for all of my things.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Luckily with the 10% drop rate you should have a higher influx of weapons going forwards, which means more dupes, which means more MLB weapons, which means more 15cp MLB weapons you can vendor for power stones / fewer weapons you need to use stones on to MLB. I'm currently sitting on about 20 power stones due to dupe weapons from the awakening banners.

I am starting to get curious on how long it is going to take SE to fix the free daily banners and get them back out for us. The problem must have been wonkier than first suspected if they haven't been able to release it yet.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Xerink wrote: »
    Luckily with the 10% drop rate you should have a higher influx of weapons going forwards, which means more dupes, which means more MLB weapons, which means more 15cp MLB weapons you can vendor for power stones / fewer weapons you need to use stones on to MLB. I'm currently sitting on about 20 power stones due to dupe weapons from the awakening banners.

I am starting to get curious on how long it is going to take SE to fix the free daily banners and get them back out for us. The problem must have been wonkier than first suspected if they haven't been able to release it yet.

My personal bet is that if the intention was to do them weekly, they're waiting for the first week to end, "start" with the second one, and tack what was the first one at the end.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Cleaned up the final boss of chapter 11 hard with a team of Cloud EX, Noctis EX, and Rem 35, with a Cloud friend.

You will be unsurprised to hear that this team crushed the Noctis EX as well.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    A couple of announcements dropped this morning:

First, there will be a maintenance tomorrow morning. This is probably to fix the free daily draws. Maybe more? I guess we'll find out.

Second, Snow can now be awakened in preparation of his Lost Chapter tonight. I didn't think we'd get his awakening this morning since SE waited until the LC drop to awaken Thancred. Ah well, means people can check him out in game for more details now.

Since Snow's awakening is already in game, I guess I won't spend too long outlining it here:

Snow is a tank as his primary role. Unlike most other tanks who ignore damage dealt by negating it (WoL with his shield, Galuf with evade, Celes with Runic), Snow still takes the hits. However, what he does get comes in the form of Steelguard. Steelguard allows Snow to resist a percentage of every hit he takes, with successive hits being reduced further as long as he keeps Steelguard active. His Steelguard Extend passive makes the taunt AoE, gives him BRV Regen, and makes Steelguard start with a higher resist %.

Snow's second ability is an ice melee BRV+HP attack called Froststrike. By default it returns a percentage of the HP damage dealt as BRV to Snow, allowing him to use it without becoming vulnerable to breaks. Froststrike Extend makes this ability hit much harder and turns it into a heal for Snow (10%) of damage dealt. This makes Snow less reliant on a healer as he gets a way to restore missing HP on his own which is nice tanks are unlikely to avoid all HP hits (except Galuf against physical-only bosses, but he's a special case).

Snow also gets passives in his awakening that, together, will massively boost his Atk and nearly double his Max BRV, making him a much better character than he otherwise would be.

Taken together, Snow is a pretty strong tank. He is less of a support than WoL, but Snow is capable of dealing more damage. In addition, Snow plays better with support character than WoL does since he only gives himself two buffs in total (Steelguard and Brv Regen). Compare that to WoL giving himself 5 buffs, leaving no room for anything else.

Snow's banner tonight will also include Firion and Penelo on it. None of the expected weapons will be new, so the first draw should be half price. Firion is still a strong character as he is already awakened, but poor Penelo probably won't be very useful even in this LC event. She doesn't have much going for her right now with awakenings here. She will get better once she receives her own awakening, but that is probably still a ways away.

Snow is not heavily reliant on his weapons. His 15cp doubles the duration of Provoke and Steelguard and his 35cp increases the Brv recovered after using Froststrike. Nice to have but not dealbreakers like Noctis's weapons.

With all that in mind, most people are safe to pass on Snow's banner and save for other characters in the future. If you don't have WoL or prefer Snow to WoL, this isn't a bad place to spend some draws trying to get his weapons since you are only looking for two. As of now Snow has never received an EX weapon in JP, so he is complete with just those two.

Xerink on
  • Options
    Snow is mah boi, so I will make a few comments:

- holy crap are his base stats terrible, he really needs those c54 and c58 passives
    - With Steelguard Extend, Snow gets to "takes no BRV damage from any source" pretty quickly
    - Note that if you refresh Steelguard before it runs out, the current level of BRV reduction stays put, so he can potentially be immune to BRV damage for a long time
    - His 15 CP weapon doubles the duration of the defense buff, which is a big quality of life improvement, as you can be more strategic about when to refresh to maintain the invulnerability. This is important because he has a limited number of uses, and you may want to refresh or not refresh the taunt depending on what's going on and how fast the enemy is taking turns
    - His 35 CP weapon actually isn't that impactful, surprisingly (in a world where you have Froststrike Extend, anyway; it was a bigger deal when Snow was stuck at 50)
    - Steelguard Extend grants 10 turns of BRV regen for 100% Init BRV each tick. This means that Init BRV is actually a decent stat to put on his artifacts. (ATK and Max BRV are still great as always)
    - It doesn't appear he's ever gotten a rebalance in JP, which means he's way overdue; probably gonna be a long time before he sees any upgrades for us, though. If you want to use Snow, now is probably the time, as he's going to be overshadowed by other tanks, especially WoL

• Options
    Don't be mistaken by my analysis; I love Snow too, am looking forward to using him (I have copies of both his weapons) and will probably put a token pull towards his banner in the hope of making it easier to max him out, but he will not be a meta character. Snow tanks very well and the fact he mitigate percentage damage means that even with no changes in the future he will still ignore tons of damage regardless of power creep and fight difficulty.

The problem is he is on a banner with Firion (still strong, but nearing the point others will just be better) and Penelo (currently a mediocre support). With the Bahamut WoI banner being hyped up due to having Vaan weapons plus his WoI weapon and Alisaie coming next week with Terra EX and another wave of awakenings probably around the corner, this is a banner that can be safely skipped beyond the half price pull (never skip half price pulls).

• Options
    This is exactly the kind of half price pull I would skip: two "sort of ok" characters that are beginning a long slide into obscurity and a character that's bad now and will only be getting buffed to "ok" when her level 60 arrives. I really like Snow, but I'm still seriously considering skipping since I already have a few copies of both of his weapons.

To preempt the "worst case, it's still power stones" argument: those gems could go towards a draw on a banner you actually care about, where it could either get you a weapon you're missing or it could get a second/third/fourth copy of a weapon, which is worth four power stones.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Everyone saying "probably skip" means they'll shove something new and exciting on the banner

They've plenty of precedent for doing that before

Global Exclusive Snow EX?!?!

Rius on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Rius wrote: »
    Everyone saying "probably skip" means they'll shove something new and exciting on the banner

They've plenty of precedent for doing that before

Global Exclusive Snow EX?!?!

I would be all about Global Exclusive Snow EX if they wanna do that. More realistically, Firion EX is not especially exciting and doesn't include new features like Overflow or anything, so I could see that getting accelerated and added to this banner.

Fry on
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Did my 1/2 price pull:

Tidus 15cp

Penelo 35cp

Didn't have Penelos 35, but I did have her 15cp MLBd...so huzzah for 4 more powerstones!

It's funny, I have the worst draw luck on monk/fist type characters. I don't think I own a single 15cp or 35cp for ANY of them...and I don't think I'll be chasing for Snow.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Ugh, on my half price pull just got Penelo's 15. :( Probably just gonna skip this banner.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Half price pull gave me a Firion 15cp. Sad I didn't get any more Snow weapons to conserve power stones. I'm done with the banner for now. Might return to it later depending on how my pulls on the Alisaie banner go next week.

Because I brought Rem to cs55 for the Noctis event, I only have enough green high shards on hand to get Snow to cs56 for now. I'll be able to get him to cs60 between the LC shards and the ones coming with the Alisaie event next week though. Probably will hold off on completing some of the late LC stages until I can get him there.

Xerink on
  • Options
    The last level of Snow's LC is pretty grim. Thing has roughly a billion HP, and its defenses are super high even when it's not in the shell. I can see how the "BRV battery meta" would be attractive if this is how things are gonna be.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Lilisette and Bartz are gonna run a train on that turtle for me

• Options
    Took 'em a week, but they fixed the first winter festival banner and is now up. It has a free single pull (yay?) and a half-price 11 pull.

Free pull didn't get me anything, and the 11 pull got me Vincent's 15 (power stoned), and Balthier's 35 (woot! It was one of the two weapons I wanted from the banner, the other being Vincent's 35). So, I'm probably going back into save mode for Terra's EX. Melted Balthier's 15 into scrap to free up a bit of space, but I'll probably wait to max it until his awakening comes around and my stone situation isn't as tenuous.

• Options
    The way that banner will work is that the free single pull will reset daily, so make sure you go back to it tomorrow.

My half price draw on the banner got me Sazh 35cp. Just in time for him to no longer be relevant. Ah well, we'll see if anything turns up on the free draws over the next two weeks.

• Options
    Good to know! I didn't know about the daily reset.

Also, kinda bummed they didn't add another level of the winter waltz or something. Its just a slog with such a slow playoff.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Half price draw turned gold very early for me, first thing to pop out was Vincent 35 and I was like holy shit

and then the next three orbs were all King 15s :X

Still, can't complain too much about a good 35 and a big stack of power stones that comes with a (mediocre) passive

edit: by contrast, half price on the Snow banner was 1/11 excessive copy of Firion 15, welp

Fry on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Free pull: bupkiss
    Half-price gun: Sazh 15 (stone'd)
    Half-price Snow: Penelo 35, double Snow 15. Hey, all new weapons and apparently the 15 is the one he actually needs? I'll take it.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Threw 10 more tickets at the Snow banner:

15cp & 35cp Firion. Was able to MLB the 15 and sell it for 4 more powerstones!

This morning:
    Free pull - nada
    1/2 pull-

15 cp Sazh
    35 cp Sazh
    15 cp Irvine
    15 cp Lilisette
    15cp King

That's a lot of powerstones!

• Options
    Woof. cant even beat the first hard mode boss with snow in the party. Dont have a single weapon for him. Heck. I dont have ANY punch weapons really. Got real bad luck of the draw on those.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Got 104k on the last fight of Snow LC with Cloud EX, Noctis EX, Snow 15, all at 60/60, with friend Lilisette. Snow was probably overkill, I swapped him out for most of the turtles lifetime. Felt good to punch things, though. Cloud and Noctis were both empty on abilities when the final blow landed.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Don't forget to do your daily draws!

Mine today rewarded me with King 35cp. First copy of it for me, and I was sitting on a MLB copy of his 15cp, so 4 power stones for me!

Xerink on
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular

It got taken down? I'm glad I pulled on that one because I got Vincent and King's 35 CPs. And yet another copy of Sazh's 4* weapon. Too bad, Sazh doesn't get any good stuff.

• Options
    edited December 2018

It got taken down? I'm glad I pulled on that one because I got Vincent and King's 35 CPs. And yet another copy of Sazh's 4* weapon. Too bad, Sazh doesn't get any good stuff.

It got taken down soon after it was up (last week) due to a glitch in the free single pull but its back up for two weeks, it looks like?

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    Clear, but failed to complete, the last stage of Snow's LC today. Went with a team of Snow (58/60, 0lb 35cp only), Cloud (60/60, EX with weapon passives), and Terra (60/60, 1lb 35cp with 15cp passive), Ifrit summon. I was doing fine on the turtle until it sped up and used its AoE BRV+HP attack. Event without breaking any of my party members Terra immediately died. Turtle was really close to dead too, maybe 10% health left when it entered that phase. Hm...

I might try again after I finish pulling on the Alisaie banner. If I get lucky I'll nab Terra's EX weapon, but worse case scenario I get enough power stones to get Snow his 15cp passive and green high shards to get him to CS60.

• Options
    Wild prediction time: We're about a week and a half away from the next maintenance and there are still 3 content drops before then, but I figure I'll make a guess at what will be coming from Dec 19 - mid-Jan.

Dec 20th - Awakening wave 3 with heretic stages like the first awakening wave. This awakening wave will feature Lightning, Squall, Ace, Onion Knight, Zidane, and Hope. I'm replacing Serah from this wave for Hope because of my later prediction. EX weapons might show up on these banners? I'm iffy on that.

Dec 24th - Happy Holidays banner. Free first draw, will feature something surprising. Will come with a holiday co-op fight.

Dec 27th - Gilgamesh event. This is why I moved Hope up in the awakening, he is synergy here. SE will try to delay Selphie as long as possible because of how impactful she was in JP, and Bartz's EX weapon isn't crazy enough to mess with the meta.coming earlier.

Jan 3rd - Cater LC. Nothing fancy here. My understanding is Cater is still bad, even awakened.

Jan 10th - Selphie event. Squall EX will be here. But this will be delayed just enough to run up against the next story chapter...

Jan 14th - Ashe LC.

Jan 17th - Interlude Story Chapter. This banner features WoL EX and Cait Sith. SE is going for force players to have to pay out heavily to get Cait and Selphie without time between to replenish gem stores. I also think we'll get Awakening Wave 3 at the same time here. Those characters will be Ramza, Serah Laguna, Vivi, Edgar, and Prishe.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Nice! I have a month to keep saving for WoL EX! I'm sure I'll throw a few gems and tickets at a couple of banners, but I'm all about that WoL now. He's just too much fun.

If I land WoL EX I might throw a few tickets/gems at Ashe just so I can finish MLBing her. I'm not a fan of hers at all, but I did land both her weapons last go round.

Sitting at 42k gems and 60 tickets. I wonder how much I'll be able to hoard before then...

Grove on
  • Options
    Keep in mind that schedule is me guessing. I could be very wrong. But I also don't think we'll get the Interlude Chapter earlier than I predict based on the last month or two.

• Options
    I hope so...for your sake.

I think you're probably right on the money though.

• Options
    Wait. Lightning squall and zidane? Oh heck yeah. that's the list of people I have most likely to get good. I have one of their weapons each MLBed (Lightning it's the 35, squall it's the 15 and zidane also 15) and I even have zidane's 35. So I'm gonna be looking forward to that one.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    The characters in awakening wave 3 for JP were Squall, Zidane, Lighning, Rem, Serah, and Onion Knight.

Rem got moved forward due to being synergy during Noctis's event, so Ace should show up for us next. And as I said, I will not be surprised if Serah is replaced with Hope for us. Squall will definitely appear since he is synergy during Selphie's event. The rest don't make waves and eventually get reworks down the line, so I don't expect them to move.

Anyways, tonight will be the World of Illusion for Bahamut. This is a new summon for us. I suggest everyone spend some time over the next two weeks trying to max, or nearly max out Bahamut. His summon is non-elemental and in fact buffs non-elemental attacks during summon, so he will be used quite a bit. In addition, his perk is that Break Bonuses will increase in value for every break you perform, up to doubling the Break Bonus. It's a perk you are much more likely to be able to use the for an entire boss fight since there is no health conditional like Brothers or Ifrit.

There will be a banner dropping tonight, and Vaan should be a featured character. People on reddit have been hyping his WoI weapon since it gives the party invisible buffs and the trigger for it is breaking an enemy. There probably won't be an EX weapon on the banner, but SE might surprise us.

I probably won't be pulling on the banner myself since I don't have Vaan's 35cp and am not particularly interested in him, but this isn't a bad place to pull.

• Options
    Okay, so how is the big boss fight for chapter 11 supposed to go? because I'm beating my head against a brick wall trying to do it and just failing hard.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    2 tickets on the new banner:

Vaan's new 15cp...

Ok game, I'll stop. I appreciate it. Back to saving (though I kinda want to get Vaan's 35cp )

• Options
    heenato wrote: »
    Okay, so how is the big boss fight for chapter 11 supposed to go? because I'm beating my head against a brick wall trying to do it and just failing hard.

The boss is hard. Here's a breakdown of the fight:
    Wave 2 and Wave 3 are both bosses. You get fully healed / refreshed going into Wave 3, so unload everything you have during Wave 2.

To attack the boss's main body, you have to destroy the two side tentacles. To complicate this, the body will restore the tentacles quickly after both are killed. The strategy is to kill the second tentacle after you've given yourself a window on the turn order.to strike at the body before it can restore them. Then rinse and repeat. Use your summon when it's up, use your friend summon, anything you can to get through it. I consider this the hard part.

You start Wave 3 fully restored, so you are free to unload everything you have again. I don't recall specific mechanics off the top of my head, but it was easier to me.