As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Free draw got me Ardyn EX and LD.

Well, okay then!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    New chapter and the start of free pulls. Good luck all!

My free pull snagged Maria EX. Did a few more pulls and got Ardyn Ex, 2 LDs, and a handful of powerstones.

I'm probably going to try for Ardyn's BT, but not sure if I should wait to do it on a other banner. Plenty of content to chew through for now, I'll decide later.

I'm in a similar boat. My plan is to wait for the free pulls for Rinoa, Kimahri, and Edward, see if one of those spits out the BT for the man with the sexy hat, and decide from there where to continue throwing gems if necessary.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i think i'm doing okay in this game

image0.png

550k gems 700 tickets

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    That is pretty incredible. Here I was feeling pretty cool with three of them.

Ingots continue to be my bane. I missed a lot when I took a few breaks and I've been getting so many ex that just have to sit there being paperweights I guess. Really wish they'd decided to just do away with the artificial limit after LD/BT started. Alas, hopes and dreams.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Yeah, Ingot shortages is kinda why I've stopped playing Dissidia much. The only way to reliably get them is by doing Cosmos fights, and those fights are just no fun at all for me. So I'd consistently end up with a bunch of new toys but no real way to actually use them.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    SQEX Livestream 09/28/20 notes:
    Sep 29 - Hunts
    - QoL improvement on Daily Token Foray
    - get one Hunt Permit per day, cap of 3 held at once
    - so you don't have to fight Gigantaur every day, you have some flexibility in when you do that fight :X

Sep 30 - raid event, Despair from the Abyss
    - first multi draw free
    - Rinoa LD
    - costume bundles for Kain + Rinoa
    - rewards from this will be a bit less than JP version, but see below

October: FF portal app campaign

October 5 - Kimahri LC
    - first multi draw free

October 9 - Edward event
    - first multi draw free
    - note: Ardyn LD banner duration will be extended two days into Edward event (previously: scheduled to end just as Edward event is beginning). Will be announced in-game after maintenance

Oct 13 - Autumn Festival part 2
    - Oct 13 Deciduous Encounter co-op 1
    - Oct 21 Deciduous Encounter co-op 2
    - crazy rewards from Sep 30 raid event JP version will show up here as part of this event

Oct 13 - Campaign Draw: Protagonists
    - daily free first multi draw (18 total)
    - does not include LD/BT weapons

Oct 13 - Autumn Jump Start sale
    - spend cash money for upgrade materials
    - Josh claims that the 4th chest is a notably good value for $

Oct 13 - crossover event with Dragon Quest of the Stars
    - adorable Dragon Quest stickers

Oct 13 - DE Entropy tier 16
    - immune to Target Lock
    - recommend HP damage reduction, HP healing

Oct 13 - Beat Back Challenge
    - Intercession of the Wicked co-op
    - new BT+LD banners; first multi draw free on both banners
    - Shadow, Aeris, Seymour, Lyse character boards

Oct 19 - Emperor LC
    - first multi draw free

Oct 23 - mystery character (Strago) event
    - first multi draw free
    - Relm, Ashe character boards

next stream: Oct 26

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    We're also getting 1000 extra gems from the stream reward (4000 total), to celebrate the act 2 finale.

• Options
    Just some 35s on my free draw, but my first ticket was Rinoa LD, so I'm outta here

• Options
    I told myself I'd spend 50 tickets, and sure enough ticket number 50 was Rinoa's LD.

Decided to go back to the Ardyn banner for his BT, I didn't want to wait for the next two events. Spent more than I would have preferred, but I didn't have to pity at least.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    For once I cleared a CHAOS fight on the first try without looking for advice anywhere. Ardyn, Lillisette, and Rinoa with an Ami friend and Brothers made short work of it. I imagine for the challenge fight I'll need to use Alexander instead, because there are HP attacks aplenty.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Hmm. Ardyn first banner was extended a little ways into the Edward event, but the challenge quest was not extended. So I still have to make a decision on where to draw for Ardyns BT, if I want to try that challenge quest.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Hmm. Ardyn first banner was extended a little ways into the Edward event, but the challenge quest was not extended. So I still have to make a decision on where to draw for Ardyns BT, if I want to try that challenge quest.

Sounds like it might be doable without his BT, provided you have the rest of his kit.

Though his BT adds a whole lot of breathing room for the Challenge quest.

• Options
    BT's aren't that necessary but they do a ton of damage and save you turns. Ardyn's LD is far more important because his inability to die or take HP damage that counts against you for most of the fight (if you're careful, all of the fight) is invaluable.

Also, Ardyn/Rinoa/Lilsette blasted through the Challenge quest as well. You MUST bring the heals.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Ugh, nothing like getting to the end of a Chaos fight, then getting a message to download the updated version of the game to continue.

Of course it didn't register the victory. Ah well, it was a doable fight, just kinda annoyed at the time wasted.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

Sounds like it might be doable without his BT, provided you have the rest of his kit.

Though his BT adds a whole lot of breathing room for the Challenge quest.

I want the BT for sexy hat man for reasons. I could try the challenge quest now, but it would cost me a hojillion power stones, which would be hella wasteful if I then go back and do more draws on his banner. So I'm going to see if I get lucky on Kimahri's banner with the free pull, then continue drawing on Ardyn's banner. Wish I could put it off until the Edward free draw, but the challenge quest will be gone by then.

• Options
    Second half of the raid is open, it's 180 and 180 co-op of the same Planesgorger fight, but with Sephiroth instead of Exdeath, and if anything, it's an even easier fight.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    411Randle wrote: »
    Second half of the raid is open, it's 180 and 180 co-op of the same Planesgorger fight, but with Sephiroth instead of Exdeath, and if anything, it's an even easier fight.

The 15 minute fight is quite a bit riskier than the 5 minute fight, just because the enemies will get to take turns. It's realistically possible to lose the fight (or at least, fail one or more of the conditions), whereas cosmos coop is just a faceroll.

Edit: these Ardyns with their 73,000 BRV regen at the start of their turn :0

Fry on
  • Options
    Free pull time.

2 powerstones and... Kimahri LD! Whoa!

I've only got his 15 though, so gotta roll them bones to see if I can snag his EX.

......15 tickets later and I got his 35 and EX! Yay! Powerstone stash took a hit but how do I not buff up someone with a full kit?

Good luck on your free pulls.

• Options
    70 tickets and 15k gems got me the full kit for Kimahri and Yuna, both who I had nothing for, and a dupe BT. So hey, worth I guess?

Except I'll never use either because I'll never have ingots

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Didn't get Ardyn BT on my free draw, so I went back to his debut banner to throw gems. Had to spend the 500 G tokens, but now he's ready to rock. And... Wow, those are some hilarious numbers he puts out.

• Options
    10 mil of Nearby raid points for all of the goods is entirely too annoying a slog. I've still got like 8 or so runs left and it just saps my energy.

I've been doing it with Ardyn and a combination of Rinoa, Alphinaud, or Lilisette..... But on a whim I stuck Kain in the mix and it went really well? So now I'm doing it with Ardyn, Alph, and Kain. Go figure.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Ya'll are pretty close to a new thread; you could probably just start one now if someone wanted to take over the OP/Title

• Options
    10 mil of Nearby raid points for all of the goods is entirely too annoying a slog. I've still got like 8 or so runs left and it just saps my energy.

I've been doing it with Ardyn and a combination of Rinoa, Alphinaud, or Lilisette..... But on a whim I stuck Kain in the mix and it went really well? So now I'm doing it with Ardyn, Alph, and Kain. Go figure.

I join other people and let them do most of the work, kappa

• Options
    I haven't even started on the chaos one. I really should but ugh, the fight isn't very fun. And that's a lot of points. And Ardyn is my only purple of the group.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Free daily multi draws for protagonists! I already have... All but two of them? Guess I will be raking in the power stones.

• Options
    I might actually have all of them, but a few haven't been MLBed yet so here's to hoping.

Not a huge fan of Kefka but rolled a bit and ticketed some since he's gonna be a synergy player for the next few events. Snagged his LD, as well as Shadow's EX.

Kefka's LD is interesting, as it turns all of the debuffs he puts on the enemies into framed debuffs. How coincidental that this event has bosses that cleanse unframed debuffs, hmmm.

• Options
    I went hard on the Edward banner for no reason i understand. I ended up having to pity his LD.

On the other hand I managed to MLB every single weapon on the banner and I didn't really have any of them to start so I have that going for me.

Yes, including getting 4 dupe BT. So yay 20 tokens.

Now watch me not even run him. But I have a soft spot for ff4 so ehh.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I have a hard time figuring out Edward's usefulness. I also managed to get boy mage's EX as a result but he seems like he has way too few ability uses to be anything.

My free Kefka draws were...embarrassingly bad.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Got Kefka's LD and BT in 140 tickets. Didn't really intend to go after it, but I landed his BT in 20 tickets and had to chase.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Yeah, I have a hard time figuring out Edward's usefulness. I also managed to get boy mage's EX as a result but he seems like he has way too few ability uses to be anything.

My free Kefka draws were...embarrassingly bad.

Edward has a few things going for him. Sleep completely shuts down enemies, potentially for quite a few turns if your team is single target and you concentrate on one target. The debuff from his EX blocks enemy "BRV gain" effects once it's stacked up, which can be quite helpful in some fights. When Edward is hidden, he has 110% evasion, which means he will not be hit, but also it means that enemies doing AOE attacks will be nerfed doubly, because their BRV attacks in him miss and also they try and fail in splitting their HP damage at him.

Also, he provides large buffs to his party without taking up any buff slots, basically everything he does adds BRV to the party, and his own damage is actually not too bad. He's supposedly still seeing action in JP today even without any updates.

Palom has very few abilities, yes, but his design is intended for him to just HP+ every turn forever. He's basically Aranea, minus all the turn delay and extra turns, plus an ice imperil. I am not going to be putting any ingots into him, but he'd certainly work fine for early Dimensions End stages even without that investment.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I have enough ingots to purple 2 characters.

Rinoa, Basch, Garnet, Nine, Edward, Machina, Kimahri being the new people I have. If they have LD I do have them.

Basically need support or utility. Have Squall/Noct/Ardyn/Garland/Aranea for phys and Shantotto/Ulti for magic attack. I have birdmage, Arciela, Aphmau, Ignis, Sherlotta, Serah and Keiss as supports. All purpled or whatever.

Oh also Kam'lanaut, Prishe and El nacho purpled because ffxi 4 eva.

So uh, suggestions? I'm pretty bad at being all meta.

Edit: Oh right derp, WoL and Zack are also purpled. Always forget tanks.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Machina doesn't fit if you need support/utility. He's pure attack; he does it fantastically though.

Don't have Edward's stuff, but the rest are all pretty good for support, though in different ways. My reflex answer would be Basch, and then maybe either Garnet or Nine/Kimahri. Rinoa's great too, but she's basically a two stance character now and I'm on the fence about that.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Ticketed Kefka LD and bought his burst with 50 tokens, already have 8 more

I hope they don't do many more of these grind 20 CHAOS co-op because that was extremely boring

• Options
    Basch makes a lot of tough fights trivial by virtue of how much abuse he can soak up. However, I don't think he gains much from ingots, I did not purple him and he's still doing fantastic.

My thought is Garnet, to cover imperil/enchant in case you want that, while also being a good healer/buffer/battery. And probably Edward, he's cutting edge at locking down enemies.

• Options
    I managed to get the win on Dimensions End 16 with solo Ardyn (full kit, including his A sphere). Used burst on wave 2, and one LD each of the other waves. At the start you can wait a few turns before your first LD, so long as none of the ghost brothers gets to take two turns. I saved my Odin summon and all of my Break Reset Slash for the last wave, and it was very close, I think I knocked him out on the last turn before he would murder me.

• Options
    2 pulls and 50 tickets later, got my Emperor LD. Still no Kefka BT, but since I have everything on the banners except Seymour's EX, I think I'm going to save til Strago.

FYI, if anyone didn't notice (like I didn't), there are missions for like a dozen characters that reward 3 tickets each for using a specific character in a single battle. Pretty much anyone who is currently 2x EXP and not on a banner. Not sure why they exist, don't care, got tickets.

• Options
    2 pulls and 50 tickets later, got my Emperor LD. Still no Kefka BT, but since I have everything on the banners except Seymour's EX, I think I'm going to save til Strago.

FYI, if anyone didn't notice (like I didn't), there are missions for like a dozen characters that reward 3 tickets each for using a specific character in a single battle. Pretty much anyone who is currently 2x EXP and not on a banner. Not sure why they exist, don't care, got tickets.

It's the protagonists from 1-9. The other half of the protagonists will hopefully be getting similar missions when the next part of fall fest starts.

• Options
    It's weird because Vincent from FF7 is included, but I guess they're counting Crisis Core.

• Options
    All of the sequel/spinoff games are considered for things like the protagonists draw. Vincent gets in for Dirge of Cerberus.

I struck out on Emperor when he first came out, but free pull was EX and 14 tickets to LD. Thank goodness the daily free draws have provided some powerstones!

• Options
    I have an insane amount of powerstones at the moment. Facing choice paralysis on how to use them effectively.