As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Finally mastered the 20 stam World of Illusion stages. Took a stab at the 30 stam stages. Barely completed them. I think I'm just going to grind Hope's Dojo for like, 24 hours straight.

Yeah, I'm finding that leveling doesn't do anything as far as turn efficiency goes - it's enhanced 5* weapons or bust. I'm going to have to grind a lot of upgrade mats just to get ready for the Vanille event.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I've been grinding the World of Illusion 10 stam stage. As long as your guys are decently low level, you should hit 10 collective level ups among your team members and get a rank up to refill your stamina. Eventually I will have enough materials to get a Sword, Greatsword, Staff, Fist and Dagger to 20, and then maybe I can start making progress in the game. Still don't have a gold Thrown or Gun, so leveling those guys will be a bit harder.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    One thing to realize is that the flans and ghosts that litter the right side of the World of Illusion are resistant to physical attacks, and ahrimans resist melee attacks, so you really want to have at least one person in your party that can do magic attacks to break them. Preferably at least two people for the 30 stamina version, as the entire last wave there is ghosts :/

Fry on
    Ugh, the Hope Dojo grind is as bad as I hoped it wouldn't be. I'm actually glad I don't have any limit broken weapons now, because that is an absurd amount of upgrade mats needed.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I've been shying away from the Hope Dojo because I don't want this game to turn into a chore

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hope Dojo is something you do on auto-battle while doing something else. To actively do it looks like madness.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Geez, the indecipherable shorthand has already started and the game has barely been out a week.

What is 'Hope Dojo?'

Javen wrote: »
    Geez, the indecipherable shorthand has already started and the game has barely been out a week.

What is 'Hope Dojo?'

The stage in Chapter 1 you recruit Hope in (it has his picture on it). For some reason it can drop up to five 2* weapons/armor/orbs, and can easily be auto-battled. Just set your phone to run it on auto while you do other tasks.

What do people use Draw tickets for? Can you collect 10 and do a 10 draw? Or just throw singles at a banner you sort of want something on, but not enough to commit Gems to?

Also, what are people using 3* items from the Gacha for? As upgrade materials? Selling for Gil? Or combining 4 copies, leveling them, and using them in battles?

Anything not 4* or higher gets used for the upgrade mill, basically.

What is 'Hope Dojo?'

The stage in Chapter 1 you recruit Hope in (it has his picture on it). For some reason it can drop up to five 2* weapons/armor/orbs, and can easily be auto-battled. Just set your phone to run it on auto while you do other tasks.

I'm guessing you have to set it up each run, because I can't see an easy way of keeping it on continuous repeat.

You have to manually tap auto, accept rewards and re-enter so there's an annoying amount of work needed to keep it going

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    People in the Reddit are whining about the one device limit making it complicated to run macros, but I couldn't care less. I really don't want to have to macro to keep up in this.

edited February 2018
    Vanille Event starts in three hours! I have 5k gems ready =)

Rius on
    Uuuuugh, killed the L35 Gaia Behemoth in Squall's event, and it broke my WoL on the very last turn before I killed it. The stupid thing took like 15 minutes to kill! Most of which was basic BRV and HP attacks. And there's a level 45 one?

Uuuuugh, killed the L35 Gaia Behemoth in Squall's event, and it broke my WoL on the very last turn before I killed it. The stupid thing took like 15 minutes to kill! Most of which was basic BRV and HP attacks. And there's a level 45 one?

I tend to save all or most of my ability uses for whatever the final enemy is, but yeah, there's gonna be plenty of basic attacks unless you're super stacked. What characters are you running, at what crystal levels? How high are your weapons levelled?

Decided to do a single 11-pull on the Vanille banner - got staves for both Vanille and Yuna! Not bad, I was wanting more staff/support stuff, and this works perfectly!

• BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Got Yuna and Vanille'weapons in one 5k, guess it doesn't make too much sense to pull any more for a while. Yuna's I'd like to max but no hurry.

ffbe ign: Kas
    Yuna has been doing incredibly well for me the last few days, just carrying around Vivi's staff. Her second ability kinda sucks, but Esuna is super good even when there aren't statuses to clear off.

Bartz is also really fun, and pretty good, too.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Only one 5* on the draw, but it was Yuna's, which is exactly the one I wanted.

Got plenty of 4*'s too, which is always nice

IKknkhU.gif
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    On my pull, just got Vanille's 5* staff my only 5*. Is she any good?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Been fiddling around on this one, got Yuna and Vanille off tickets. I kinda wanna do multis so i can get armors and fancy borders though! I am really loving the rates in the game so far.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    You’re just lucky, anecdotally rates are meh.

2 11 pulls got tuna and vanille x3.

I’m working on leveling now since I didn’t use yuna before.

I’ll run a team of yuna, vanille, and y’shtola and hope for the best.

Did we ever figure out if ten draw tickets can substitute a 5k gem pull, or if it’s single pulls only?

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Eh, lucky on the tickets. But 5% on top of guaranteed in a multi and 90% for on banner is pretty amazing for a new game.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Between two Vanille 5k pulls I grabbed one Yuna, one Vanille, and two Hopes. Was hoping for more Yunas but one of each was all I wanted. Sold off the extra Hope (since I'm not playing in using him anytime soon) and that gave me my final stone to break Vaans sword the 3rd time. Now for the long grind from weapon level 30 to 35.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I already have Yuna's but hey, why not try for Vanille's? Already cleared through stage 4 so I had some single draw tickets, throw one at the banner.

Physician's Staff!

Well then!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    I pulled on Squall’s banner instead and got Twin Lance, so neat

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So I bought FFNT and got a code for Opera called a "Jumping Gift bonus" don't want it but someone can have it.

Dragkonias wrote: »
    So I bought FFNT and got a code for Opera called a "Jumping Gift bonus" don't want it but someone can have it.

You could get probably get $15 or $20 for it on your favorite internet auction site. Or I'm sure someone here would want it (I do!)

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Okay. I'll shoot you a DM in a bit.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    did one pull on the vanille banner.

my luck equalized, 8 3* 2 4* and the +1 was Hope, RIP me...

edit:
    second pull was also Hope FML

Lucedes on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    So, whats the lowdown on Vanille. Is she supposed to be any good?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    So, whats the lowdown on Vanille. Is she supposed to be any good?

Apparently she's one of those silver bullets, where she's not really useful until that one fight that she just trivializes with her dispel. That seems to be the case with a lot of support characters, though.

Two 5k pulls on the Vanille banner, two 1/11 results of Vanille, hah. Really wanted a Yuna =( Oh well.

Six tickets too; 4* x3, 3* x3. Pfft.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    got yuna's staff off a draw ticket!!!!!!

!!!

okay, time to hoard again.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Did we ever figure out if ten draw tickets can substitute a 5k gem pull, or if it’s single pulls only?

Single pulls only.

I just used twelve of them and got twelve 3*s.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    It's a lot easier to not pull when you are sitting on a hoard of gems in this game than it is in FFRK

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    It's a lot easier to not pull when you are sitting on a hoard of gems in this game than it is in FFRK

I still have content to clear and am sitting on 20k. I worry about how much will be available in the future though, so I'm hoarding for Ramza.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Fry wrote: »

I tend to save all or most of my ability uses for whatever the final enemy is, but yeah, there's gonna be plenty of basic attacks unless you're super stacked. What characters are you running, at what crystal levels? How high are your weapons levelled?

Cloud L. 35/CS:20 @Organics (20/30)
    WoL L. 45/CS:20 @Enhancer (15/20)
    Yuna L. 35/CS:17 @Astra Rod (20/20)

Short term I want to get Yuna to Crystal STR 20 for her 2nd ability, and get WoL's sword to level 20.

It was probably just sloppiness on my part; I thought WoL's Shining Shield could absorb more BRV damage than it had left.

Anything not 4* or higher gets used for the upgrade mill, basically.

Are you keeping 4* in the hopes that eventually you'll get 4 copies of one, Max it out, and teach something like +340 HP to someone? Feels like hopeless busywork given the mats it takes to Max enhance something.