As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Onion's kinda fun now? I've had his 15 MLBed and one of his 35 for ages, but I'm kinda tempted to work on him more to build up his kit.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Yshtola is so good now

I lucked into her EX on a joke ticket like literally one single ticket

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Onion's kinda fun now? I've had his 15 MLBed and one of his 35 for ages, but I'm kinda tempted to work on him more to build up his kit.

Yeah, Onion seems pretty good now. Blizzard Combo is doing like 40k BRV damage for me, too bad his max BRV is only like 18k because I haven't bothered with artifacts and I don't have good gear for him, ha. 50% splash damage on Blizzard Combo, overflow on Multi Hit, massive potency increases to both (and they always HP attack), and the fact that he gets his 54 and 58 passives in both stances fix a lot of his problems.

Yshtola's Stone is way, way better than before now, which does a ton to improve her usability.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Free pull got me 1/11: Cloud 15, so I miiight've threw another 5K in rage, but that got me 2/11: something unrelated and Y'shtola EX!

Best catgirl complete.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Note that both EXes are 0.5% draw rate each, so it's twice as likely you will get an EX than you would on any other banner we've had so far. Yshtola is decent now, will taper off a bit, then become super top tier when she gets access to EX+. Onion seems pretty darn good right now for a character with a party 40% ATK aura, not sure how he fares with his EX+.

Think I'm going to toss a moderate number of tickets here for speculative value, but probably not go overhard.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Got my Ifrit to 30 and did the Cosmos fight with Celes (15/35), Eiko (15/35) and Vanille (15/35), with Bahamut and a Quistis friend. 242k in 42 turns, easy peasy.

As for grinding boards, earlier on I got 6 people to max and today I got another 12 to the three prizes. Among that 18 are the six super synergy folks. This is a lot of grinding potentially and I don't want to burn out, so I think I'm just going to continue along these lines every time they add another batch of super synergy. I'll pair one of them up with two of my stronger folks and just get everyone to the prizes, and occasionally I'll get someone to the Ifrit passives. I'm still crushing content so I don't really feel a need to get these super marginal bonuses, even if the Ifrit ones are pretty nice for some people.

Now I have to do Kefka's LC hard mode and all of the Golbez event, lul.

Edit: WOOOO I just threw another ticket at Kefka's banner and got his EX, hell yeah bring the debuff train

Rius on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Holy moly! I got Y'shtola's EX on my free 10+1 pull. I had her 15 maxed, but I don't have her 35. I have a bunch of weapon tokens (I've only used them once to get Selphie's 35), so I'm debating whether to just use tickets to try and get her 35 or just use tokens. I'm rather ambivalent about Onion Knight, so I'm not really going for his EX, but I guess its never a bad thing to get another EX, so.... I guess I just talked myself in to using tickets for Y'shtola's 35.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    I almost forgot to do the last Ifrit fight, and today is the last day to get the time limited tickets. Managed to do it with Celes, Cait Sith, and Faris of all people

Threw those tickets at the banner and snagged Y'shtola EX, yay? But yet another on my pile of "lots of good equipment, negative amounts of stones to MLB them". I'll get her up and running someday?

• Options
    Yshtola 35 does not look like it's that big an upgrade if you already have her EX - it makes the party battery effectively 25% bigger (100% of Ysh's BRV, rather than 80%). The other thing it does is allow Yshtola to give herself a slightly bigger Max BRV buff with Medica II, but the EX will already do that for you, so...

Grain of salt: I don't have any Yshtola stuff yet, so I may be talking out of my backside.

• Options
    I am 26 characters away from having at least 1700 Ifrit points for the entire roster to mine the gems armor tokens and tickets

Kill me

• Options
    69 tickets towards Yshtola/Onion:

5 Yshtola 15s (3 in the first ten tickets, ow)
    1 Onion 15
    1 Tidus 15 (off banner)
    1 Onion 35
    1 WoL 35
    1 Onion EX

Value!

• Options
    i finished a marathon grind session last night with every single character on the roster at 1700 ifrit points or higher and got alllll the gems/tokens/tickets

then i turned my attention to the summer chasm heretic

for pitch:

magic/melee: kuja/setzer (i know ranged resist but shutting down wave 1's bullshit)/vaan
    melee: squall/beatrix/selphie
    dark/ice: quistis/butz/y'sh

and then for the 120 I used quistis/butz/y'sh again with gorubez sama friend, ifrit summon

• Options
    Lenna EX get, took 40k gems which means I should have 75k just in time for Rinoa

• Options
    I am on a hot streak lately. 26 tickets, five hits:

Galuf 15 off banner
    Lightning 15 off banner
    King 35
    Lenna 35
    Lenna EX

• Options
    Dang, Lenna has a lot of stuff that runs off her Init BRV, and at big multipliers. I might actually go for Init BRV on her artifacts.

- 100% iBRV regen per turn
    - BRV+, Drake Arrow, and Phoenix all provide party battery, at 100/150/200% (so effectively 300/450/600% of Lenna's iBrv when summed across the party)
    - she buffs her own iBRV for 60%

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I did a single 11-pull on the Y'shtola banner, 'cuz hey, why not? I like Y'shtola, and it'd be nice to get something for another healer character, since Yuna is apparently bottom-tier.

And I get this ridiculously lucky result

LrOhVtg.jpg

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Quick, go out and by a lottery ticket too! :)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    since Yuna is apparently bottom-tier.

Yuna is pretty awful right now, but her EX weapon is basically a rework (it summons Valefor and changes her basic BRV and HP attacks to be Valefor attacks), and should make her pretty good. If we get it on the same timeline as JP, Yuna EX will probably release around October, not long after Paine. Subject to change, since that's an "awakening wave" release rather than being attached to a character event or story chapter.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    since Yuna is apparently bottom-tier.

Yuna is pretty awful right now, but her EX weapon is basically a rework (it summons Valefor and changes her basic BRV and HP attacks to be Valefor attacks), and should make her pretty good. If we get it on the same timeline as JP, Yuna EX will probably release around October, not long after Paine. Subject to change, since that's an "awakening wave" release rather than being attached to a character event or story chapter.

Oh hell yeah, that's rad

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    The animation is 100% faythful (heh) to the original as well

Seeing the attacks show up as sonic wing + energy ray is cool

• Options
    Free draw is up. As the community expected, it's Cloud EX and Firion EX, and they both got their reworks.

I got Firion EX on my free draw because I'm a lucker.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Ran a train through the heretics with Cloud Firion Lenna

We can expect to see the Rinoa event sometime next week (my guess is Sunday night but it could be Thursday) and she makes Kuja and even Golbez look like tiny babies when it comes to dealing absurd amounts of aoe damage every turn

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Well Fry, I think you took all of my luck ;-)
    xtovniz3l1lt.png

• Options
    Wow, Cloud is really good now. Firion seems sort of ok, maybe he's good if you max out all his stuff. I haven't bothered acquiring his 35 or getting his EX to maximum yet.

• Options
    I only have 15s for Cloud and Firion so it was a bummer to pull a Seifer 15 I already MLBed from the free draw.

• Options
    End of month stream tomorrow, Rinoa is 100% not happening tonight so I'd expect her event to land around Thursday/Friday this week

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Been doing a lot of artifact farming since these co-op events starting giving out the 5* ones. Got an amazing Atk +108, Lunarian Descent** one this morning that I think ends my artifact hunting for Golbez. He's certainly not maxxed out, but he's got almost all oranges (except one +65 atk) in either atk, descent, max brv, or one of his attacks. So, I'm pretty happy with that.

Also, got my first ever maxed out atk, max brv artifact on...

Y'shtola.

RNG certainly has a sense of humor! ;-)

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    LOL, I made it on the livestream! And forgot to follow Joshua, but he was probably full of followers anyway. I played Cater for meme value/hopefully devs will take note of how terrible she is.

Livestream notes:

- Rinoa arriving "June 27" (wednesday night)
    - costume bundle (party dress)
    - Lenna also featured and will get Eidojas as Link Bell rewards

- Carbuncles Treasures, all of July (enhancement mats for Sylph/Chocobo)

- even more summer festival for all of July
    - two more banners with returning EX weapons, first multidraw free
    - returning costume
    - limited time animated stamps
    - two sets of "Beach Bash" quests
    - some characters will be receiving reworks

- Perfectum part 2 - July 2
    - chasm-type quests for LCs, Thancred through Quistis

- Sephiroth LC July 4
    - Lulu new character event July 8
    - Cid VII LC July 17
    - Lann & Reynn July 22
    - Act 2 Chapter 3, July 26

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Finally my hard work will pay off July 4th. I have almost 200k gems saved for Sephiroth and Jecht Ex...
    Speaking of, did they happen to mention when Jecht Ex hits?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    we approach CONTENT

@Fry "A Cater with a full summon board! That's like a unicorn!" - Glacie, 2019

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Grove wrote: »
    Finally my hard work will pay off July 4th. I have almost 200k gems saved for Sephiroth and Jecht Ex...

They didn't say, but it should be with the Lulu event on July 8.

Speaking of, Stilts ^

Fry on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Grove wrote: »

They didn't say, but it should be with the Lulu event on July 8.

Speaking of, Stilts ^

Heck yeah!

That's close enough to Rinoa's banner that I can probably just, like, wait to draw on Rinoa until Lulu's banner drops. I think the banners stick around that long? I mean, hell, Y'shtola's is sticking around for another two days.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Also, I'm SO far behind on clearing out the Lost Chapters. I've got...15 to go? Most of those I haven't even started. And I've finished maybe two of them on Hard Mode.

Which I guess means I've at least got plenty of gems waiting for me to collect them.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I did like 6 pulls and ended up with a copy of Rinoa's 15 and 35.

...on the other hand I got enough guns and gunblades to MLB Irvine and Squall.

Also the game's crashed twice on me when pulling with tickets, weird.

• Options
    Got Rinoa EX on my fourteenth pull which is more infuriating than pitying it

• Options
    How dependent is Rinoa on her EX? Just got her 35 on like my 4th ticket pull, so I'd like to have her useful, but I really don't like the others on the banner.

• Options
    Luck streak continues
    Seriously, don't look if you're the jealous type
    Got Rinoa EX in 13 tickets
    Oh, and also a Squall 35, which I did not previously have any of. That will make his EX a lot more usable
    That was supposed to take more draws, I am too close to the ticket cap, I don't think I can actually do the Rinoa event without going over

• Options
    if you cap on tickets they go into overflow for 90 days, the same as any other resource

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I too landed a couple copies of Rinoa's 15 and 35 and am wondering how she is without her EX.

• Options
    Rinoa 35 is super important, because it adds the splash damage to the angel wing attack. I've seen some people in multiplayer with EX only, and it's kinda shocking how poorly she performs in that state.

The EX ability itself does a truckload of damage. It's very important for her longevity, too; angel mode runs out pretty fast, and you'd like to be able to use it to help clear trash waves. My guess is that you will notice it in Cosmos if the EX is missing, but she might be fine for EX level fights.