As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Apparently the special event tonight is "Power & Magic's Chasm," and people are speculating that it's a "heretic quest" from the JP version. Like the "Crystal Tower" in FFRK, it's a series of difficult battles that locks out the characters used to complete each battle. Meaning you have to be able to field more than one complete team to clear it. In the JP version, the reward is the Tier 4 crystals needed to advance through crystal levels 51-60. I think it's very unlikely that we'll be getting that this soon, but there will probably be some sort of good reward, such as armor tokens or gems.

Only 11 more days until Snow, I am excite!

Fry on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Thank you for refining my thread title with the obvious pun I yet failed to see

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Thank you for refining my thread title with the obvious pun I yet failed to see

It's what I'm here for.

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    2000 gems for logging in to celebrate 2m downloads! Buffs for Yda, Vanille, and Terra! (no, not those buffs. Don't get your hopes up.)

The Terra buff was weird. I could have sworn that Meteor already took the element of the summons. Thats what made it so crazy in her most recent banner thing? Maybe I'm just dreaming?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    They did say that it went live in 1.2 and this is 1.2.1, so you're not wrong =)

The thing that makes Terra crazy is a future buff, where she automatically fires the Meltdown/Meteor HP attack as part of the same turn she does the chant. Huge boon for turn efficiency, both for scoring purposes as well as for not having her self-buffs wear off quite so fast.

If we get that buff on the JP timeline, I think it's still like five months away, but we don't know for sure when we'll get it - it could happen tomorrow for all we know. My eyes certainly bugged out when I saw word of a Terra buff in the patch notes today, before I read down and realized it was just the thing they had already changed in the previous patch.

They did say that it went live in 1.2 and this is 1.2.1, so you're not wrong =)

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Event is live!

Had 5k, did a pull, got Lightning's 15CP and Papalymo's 35CP

So, like... get 5k more and go again?

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I did the half price pull on the campaign banner and got double Vincent 35.

Is he good?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    He's alright, I think? I didn't get his stuff so I didn't check him out too thoroughly.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Oh man, Lightning's here! I was saving up for this!

Used 13 tickets, but no 5*s.

First 11-pull: 2x Papalymo 15cp
    I like Papalymo, but this is a little disappointing

Second 11-pull: Lightning 15cp (!) and 35cp (!!!!)

Yep, that'll do

IKknkhU.gif
    Two banners went up for the event

Banner 1:
    Lightning 15CP and 35CP
    Papalymo 15CP and 35CP
    Cyan 15CP

Lightning is pretty strong now if you get her stuff, but over time she will become less relevant as everyone else gets buffed past her and she doesn't get much of anything new. Papalymo is decent now, and in the future becomes very good with his crystal 60. Cyan is not very good now; I haven't heard much about his crystal 60 treated him, but my guess is that it just brings him up to "sort of OK." Obviously if you're a big fan of Lightning and/or Papalymo you should draw here, otherwise I'd say it's a reasonable place to draw but don't go too overboard.

Banner 2: first 10+1 draw half price!
    Vincent 15CP and 35CP
    Vanille 15CP and 35CP
    Hope 15CP

Vincent is OK with is 35CP weapon, and his crystal 60 buff will return him to relevance as his abilities both becomes AOE and gain an HP attack component. Vanille is super niche without her 35CP weapon, with it she can perform decently as a BRV battery but there are much better options. She just had her crystal 60 teased for JP, will need to wait a couple weeks to see how it shakes out. Hope is pretty good against overwhelming BRV attacks, but he isn't really weapon-dependent so I don't know that I'd ever intentionally draw for him. I think this banner is a little weak, but for half price you could luck out and get a good role-filler.

Ilpala wrote: »
    I did the half price pull on the campaign banner and got double Vincent 35.

Is he good?

Vincent does two main things: he can create fire and/or lightning element weaknesses on the enemy, which is cool if you have a themed team to take advantage of it. The exceptional thing he does with the 35CP weapon is inflict a MASSIVE ATK debuff on the target - it pretty much turns off the target's ability to do meaningful BRV attacks for the duration. I'd say he's worth playing around with since you drew that weapon.

After two 11-pulls and some tickets I came away from the Lightning banner with one of each(!) of hers, Papalymo's 15, and Cyan's thing. Huzzah!

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    took 20k gems but I got MLB Lightning with 15 and 35 (plus Potato's 15 +35 but he's a project I can work on over weeks/months)

These heretic big boi quests are way harder than Vanille LC Hard to give you an indication of how super early we are getting them

PS I strongly suggest serious players read https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/8m3hqy/lightning_flash_in_the_pan_evaluationdiscussion/ to get an outline of why Lightning is broken as hell and worth pulling on now for immediate return on investment

TLDR; she comes out of the gate absurdly broken and makes the game utterly trivial for a good 20+ weeks then fades away to become one of the very worst characters in the awakening era

Beasteh on
    This Heretic stuff is awesome. Crystal Tower is one of my favorite things in FFRK and I had no idea we'd be getting something like it in this game.

Also, RNGESUS IS WITH ME BOYOS

six tickets got me a dupe Papalymo 35CP and a second 5k got me his 15CP and Claire's 35CP! Both of them complete now, dodged Cyan completely.

I'm kind of low on power stones after Terra, though T.T

Did my half price draw, got Vanille's 35 and an off-banner Wakka ball, which will now be my first MLB weapon, lol. I am ok with this outcome.

On power stones: Is there like..any other source than selling weapons and the one every other week or so? Also did I completely imagine the ability to get multiple power stones after you sell LB'd weapons (once they're maxed the ability is gained ala Soul Breaks in FFRK and you don't need to keep the weapon, yea?)

Fuck Joe Manchin
    Once they're maxed, the passive is kept, yes. And you get one power stone per LB rank of the thing you're selling, so you can get back 4 power stones by selling an MLB'd thing.

Did a 10+1 pull on the Lightning banner, in about the craziest result I've seen: Yuffie's weapon (I think thats my fourth one of those, so yay?) and 2x(?!) of Papalymo's 35cp(?!) weapon. Whaaaa?! I don't even have his 15cp weapon! I guess I'll be leveling the potato then. He was alright in FF14, but I wouldn't say I was a big fan, but I don't think I can pass up having already 1 LB'ed 35cp weapon sit on the shelf.

Also, on the half-price pull, got Vanille's 35cp weapon, which in the little time last night using her a bit, really makes clearing the new chapter missions a piece of cake. The aoe lets you not worry all that much about turn order, and the break+the extra brave makes it so that basically everyone can one hit an enemy. So thats nice.

My 3-4* weapon orb stash :cry:

Fuck Joe Manchin
    papalymo is insane and RIP my strawberries after MLB both his and Lightning's 15 + 35

edited June 2018
    Beasteh wrote: »
    papalymo is insane and RIP my strawberries after MLB both his and Lightning's 15 + 35

I don't know what even with this banner. Farmed up enough gems for another 10+1 pull. Got 2 (again?!) of Lightning's 35cp weapon. :eek:

I have no strawberries left... It was a massacre. :biggrin: I don't even have them MLBed, I almost have them max leveled with 1 break each (Lightning and Papalymo). I probably spread my strawberries too thin...

I am having a lot of fun with Paplymo too, his attack stat seems to be crazy, particularly when you can take advantage of an elemental weakness.

Mostly between Papalymo and Lightning, I breezed through the lower level of the new events (switched out Papalymo for an underleveled Cyan on the first one because of all the magic resist), but the higher level event has been kicking my butt.

chrono_traveller on
    edited June 2018
    My goodstuff team of Lightning Papalymo and Tidus steamrolled chapter 8 hard and got 34k on the power and magic rising heretic quest

Everyone MLB 15 + 35 with decent artis

That's content essentially solved for the immediate future, now to slumber

Beasteh on
    edited June 2018
    Not sure if this will be of use to anyone but I have a small guide for doing the last level 70 heretic quest 'power and magic rising'

image.png?width=972&height=548

I used Lightning, Tidus and Papalymo, friend summoned MLB Squall, and summoned Ifrit

Stage 1: Heretic Gaia Behemoth, magic resistant, weak to physical/ranged

Swap out your magic user for your physical friend and go ham, very simple fight; we've fought this guy many times before, just remember that when he's queued ALL he's going to do earthshaker which is a flat 75% gravija to your BRV and cannot ever break you so feel free to dump your BRV and end the fight quicker

Stage 2: Heretic Land Turtle, physical/ranged resistant, weak to magic, earth, wind and dark

Keep trucking with your mage here, ensure that you keep the turtle's BRV shaved so you don't eat any Raise Stones, this part's a slog if you went physical heavy (Prishe would do well here)

Stage 3: Heretic Booster Machine, weak to physical/ranged, ice and lightning, resists all other elements

Focus on the lightning/ice weakness, just bear in mind that wave cannon mode cannot be interrupted so ensure it dies before it casts

Stage 4: Heretic Berserker Armor (monkaS), physical/ranged resistant, weak to magic, earth, wind and dark

Whittle him down until he queues A which is either haste or berserk then summon just before his turn, lean on your mage and you should be able to get there

Beasteh on
    Did a few 10+1 pulls to try to get some Lightning/Papalymo stuff to help with the heretic quest, it did not go terribly well.

1st: Yshtola 15
    2nd: Lightning 15
    3rd: Papalymo 15
    4th: Cyan 15, Yuna 15

Fry wrote: »
    Did a few 10+1 pulls to try to get some Lightning/Papalymo stuff to help with the heretic quest, it did not go terribly well.

Sorry man, if it makes you feel any better, the last pull I did with the Lightning banner, I just got Yda's fist. :(

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

Sorry man, if it makes you feel any better, the last pull I did with the Lightning banner, I just got Yda's fist. :(

My wife got a Wakka ball.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited June 2018
    if it's any consolation wakker is top tier in japan (along with setzer, support meta)

Beasteh on
  • XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    So, for tonight's banner with Thancred/Yda/Yshtola on it, will it be worth pulling on? I don't have weapons for any of them.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Xerink wrote: »
    So, for tonight's banner with Thancred/Yda/Yshtola on it, will it be worth pulling on? I don't have weapons for any of them.

I could be mistaken, but I recall reading on reddit that this is one of the worst banners and to not pull on it unless you personally love the characters.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    It does seem pretty bad. Y'shtola's 15CP is even more lackluster now, Yda's 35CP and Thancred's toolkit all revolve around poison which doesn't seem very good?

Fuck Joe Manchin
    I myself used the first 18 tickets from this event on the Lightning banner and did get a 5*, but it was Cyan's, heh. The gems from the event plus a few from Ch8 got me another Lightning 15, though!

This event banner itself seems dumb.

edited June 2018
    Lol, saw this on reddit:

(Twitter video: Galuf 60 vs two Sand Krakens. The Krakens go hyper fast, and they keep pushing Galuf's turn back with Stonera so he doesn't ever get to act, but since he has Blade Block up he negates and counters the Krakens' HP attacks with BRV+HP attack of his own, so eventually he will win)

Fry on
    The invincible Galuf memes are multiplying.

Fuck Joe Manchin
    Since apparently I have a problem, spent the last of my gems for one last go at the lightning banner, and I got... Shadow's weapon.

I mean I know you have me in your clutches game, but you don't have to be so obvious about it...
    Ilpala wrote: »
    It does seem pretty bad. Y'shtola's 15CP is even more lackluster now, Yda's 35CP and Thancred's toolkit all revolve around poison which doesn't seem very good?

Yeah, poison doesn't seem to be very good at all, just the little I've spent with it using Yda for a bit a while back. Does anyone know if poison ever gets a buff in the Japanese version?

Also, just want to give a shout out to Beasteh. Thanks for that guide on the Power and Magic: Rising. It really helped with getting through it. I had to modify it a bit, since I don't have a good Tidus. I ended up going with Lightning, Papalymo (those two seem pretty key for this whole event) and Vanille (essentially just because she's boosted and I have her 35cp weapon, though her dispel was pretty key in the last fight).

First two waves went basically as you described. I summoned another Lightning on the first wave and spammed Flourish of Steel with her. Second wave was steady with Papalymo doing the heavy lifting, with Vanille debuffing and throwing in some steady damage. Third wave got a bit dicey since Lightning was my only physical/ranged damage, so, as per your warning about Wave Cannon, I popped Ifrit right before it was gonna go off. This wasn't ideal, since the added resist to fire, but with Sparkstrike and Umbral Ice, chomped off about the last 40% of its health. This made the last wave a bit rough going with no summon, but this is where Vanille's dispel really helped because she could keep the armor's buffs under control. In fact, the only break I had was here, where Vanille didn't get a turn between the armor buffing itself, and then attacking.

Wasn't an ideal run, but ended up with 29k, enough to get all the rewards except for the 500 gems for hitting 32k. Might try and go back after I level up Lightning and Papalymo's weapons more and see if I can hit 32k.

I'll need to take another few whacks at it myself, I have a pretty good team for it but even without being broken myself, I'll randomly eat HP attacks just as the enemy recovers from being broken and that makes score go big down.

Fuck Joe Manchin
    edited June 2018
    Oh hmm, apparently World of Illusion: Shiva opens up permanently tonight. And will probably have a banner to go with it, which will probably be awful, but might be half price.

edit: yep, awful and half price. Rem's two 15CP weapons, Galuf 15, Yuna 15. Blech. Usually I am all about half price, but I think I will probably skip this draw.

Fry on