As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I haven't tried the :Rising stuff yet, been working on getting Lightning and Papalymo capped out. I really like how it's open for two weeks, removes any time pressure.

I still have all of Chapter 8 hard to do, and between that plus the permanent Shiva tonight I'll probably gather up enough gems to do one more 5k on the Lightning banner. I really don't want to blow out my remaining power stone stock.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Wow the Shiva banner is even worse than I expected.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I thought you were dramatizing the banner but yeah, holy shit that's bad.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Here's the teams I used for the first three fights of Rising, took a couple tries to get score and turn counts and damage taken to all work out correctly for the Perfect score. I haven't quite decided how I'm going to attack the boss rush, but I've got a couple days to try things.

Power Rising:
    Lightning 15CP (0 LB)
    Zidane 35CP (1 LB)
    Cyan 15CP (0 LB)
    friend: MLB Squall
    (strategy note: use friend AND summon on the dragon, it's way more obnoxious than the behemoth)

Magic Rising:
    Hope wrong 15CP (MLB)
    Vanille 35CP (0 LB)
    Papalymo 15CP (0 LB)
    friend: Papalymo

Ice & Thunder Rising:
    Lightning 15CP (0 LB)
    Ramza 35CP (0 LB)
    Papalymo 15CP (0 LB)
    friend: Papalymo
    (strategy note: summon Ifrit to take out one of the birds, use friend to rush down the machines)

edit: logged one win with this team, couldn't quite get the turn count to work out though

Power & Magic Rising:
    Vanille 35CP (0 LB)
    Ramza 35CP (1 LB)
    Cyan 15CP (0 LB)
    friend: Papalymo 15CP

Fry on
  • Options
    If any of you has a good Papalymo, can you set that as your friend unit for a few days? I think that's the assist I need to be using for the last battle of Power & Magic Rising

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I have a decent one, done.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Ha, 32,191 on Rising, Tidus/Lightning/Papa and a friend Papa. 88 turns, 3 breaks taken.

Did it first without Tidus and with Eiko, got all the objectives, but had to read up some posts of others to figure out how to get the 32k.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Finally got all the tickets from Thancred's event. Now on to Snow. Nothing so far from the tickets I've used on Snow's banner.

Also, broke down and used up all but one of my power stones to MLB Lightning's 15 cp weapon, which now has me MLB'd both of her weapons, and holy cow does that make a difference! Now sparkstrike can break the boss from Thancred's event on the first turn, and the attack buff is nuts. I guess I got to go back to Rising now and see if that can be the difference to get me to 32k.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    If you have dual MLB Lightning, add Papalymo with whatever of his stuff you got during that chase, and whoever your best third character is, and you can probably find a way to get to 32k with creative use of your summon and friend assist. I've seen clears on reddit with the third character being Tidus, Seymour, Ramza, Prishe, Vincent, Cecil (!), and a few others. If your third character is magic, try bringing Tidus or Lightning as your friend unit and bring the friend in for Behemoth, then use your summon on the Machine if you need help beating Wave Cannon or use it to avoid Berserk in the last round. If your third character is physical, you probably want to bring Papalymo as your friend, and use him to mulch the Berserker armor.

Announcement this morning about a community event / livestream Wednesday afternoon from E3. For 45 minutes, the streamers will be playing the generic co-op fight that noone ever does, lol. If 50% or more of the people they encounter are running characters from FF6, all players will get a prize. That could be a disaster unless the community makes an actual effort. :/

Fry on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Only took four 10+1 draws to get both of Snow's weapons, nice! I might do a couple more draws trying to get Lightning or Papalymo stuff.

edit: did two more 10+1 draws on the Lightning banner

1st: Lightning 15 (second copy), Papalymo 15 (second copy)
    2nd: Lightning 15 (third copy), three copies of Papalymo 35

4/11 is the best single draw I've gotten so far. Would have been nice if one of those was a Lightning 35, but I'll take it.

Fry on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Eyyy, and that's good enough for me to clear out the Power & Magic Rising event:
    76 turns, 2769 damage taken, 5 BRV breaks taken, 35813 score

Lightning 15 (2 LB), Papalymo 35 (2 LB), Ramza 35 (1 LB)
    Friend: Papalymo 35 MLB

and in newsier news, World of Illusion for Odin is now up!

Associated draw banner is Bartz 15, Bartz 15 (Odin exclusive), Terra 15, Steiner 15

I think the Odin sword ("Noircalibur") for Bartz is pretty good if you are a Bartz superfan, but the Terra and Steiner weapons are not great. I actually like Bartz a lot, but I think I am going to pass and hope the Noircalibur comes back on a better banner. For anybody who isn't specifically a fan of Bartz, it's an easy pass. edit: oh right, we should get a remixed banner next week, with the two Bartz swords and some different 15s, maybe that'll be a little better.

Fry on
  • Options
    Big news for JP version:
    1. Special event with 5* artifacts for a small group of characters (Aeris, Vivi, Yuna, Lion, Serah, Cater). 5* artifacts have a much higher chance of rolling good (orange/red) passives than 4* artifacts

2. New passives are available to be rolled on 4* and 5* artifacts for the featured characters. They're pretty nuts - each character has two new passives, one of which gives them an extra use of one ability and a buff to their stats, the other new passive is a big stat buff. For example, Yuna has "+1 Esuna and self +40% Max BRV" and "while Yuna is buffed, party gets +10% ATK and +10% Max Brv" as her new artifact passives, wow! +3 Esunas and +120% Max BRV for Yuna if you get three copies is pretty crazy!

3. Each character can now retain five artifact passives, though they're still limited to equipping three of them at a time. So you can think about building up passives for different scenarios.

4. Presumably every character will eventually get new artifact passives in future events.

• Options
    Does that E3 Co-op thing start soon?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    E3 Livestream came and went. They only got two co-op games in, lol. Two of the guests brought Lightning, but the other two guests were from VI, so the goal was met.

They showed a video with the producer's answers to community questions. Among other answers, he mentioned that they intend for the global game to catch up to the JP game, with character costumes coming in August, and level 60 cap before the end of the year.

• Options
    The engagement might have been better if it wasn't during US workday! I wanted to bring my Terra, haha.

I am stoked to hear they want us to catch up. I think it's a lot more fun not knowing what's coming.

• Options
    I was trying to queue up, but I have no idea who were actually the E3 guys. I played one game as a guest as Terra, there was a Cyan and another Terra. I guess it wasn't actually the E3 guys.

• Options
    One game was hosted by SQEX_Joshua, the other one was hosted by some streamer I don't know, his name was something like mrhappy1234

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    One game was hosted by SQEX_Joshua, the other one was hosted by some streamer I don't know, his name was something like mrhappy1234

Yeah, I think the host's name was Cyrus, iirc. I guess I could watch the stream, but there wasn't a Dak'kon (who brought Terra), was there?

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular

Yeah Mister Happy is a big FFXIV streamer. Creates a lot of dungeon/raid guides.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    I don't think so. Game 1 was Joshua's Sabin, plus a Terra and Lightning. Game 2 was mrhappy's Setzer, plus Sabin and Lightning.

Joshua kept pronouncing the monk's name as Suh-bean, which was like nails on chalkboard to me. That's not how it sounds in my headcanon!

• Options
    I don't think so. Game 1 was Joshua's Sabin, plus a Terra and Lightning. Game 2 was mrhappy's Setzer, plus Sabin and Lightning.

Joshua kept pronouncing the monk's name as Suh-bean, which was like nails on chalkboard to me. That's not how it sounds in my headcanon!

Oh, my head canon pronunciations are all way off of how many are pronounced, which kinda drove me up the wall when I played FF14. Ramuh being pronounced as Ra-moo was just weird as all get out.

• Options
    Getting Vincent leveled with those 35CPs I got a while back as well as pumping some power stones to break Papalymo's 35CP twice got me to 29K in Rising to get me the armor tokens. I might've been able to figure out some way to get up to 32K if I hadn't put it off, but the armor tokens were what I really wanted.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Anyone around to knock out Thancred co-op before it goes away tonight?

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Cater event solo portion was a cakewalk for me. The multiplayer is back to being pretty easy to score well with Cecil, or just the standard sorts of characters. The Cavalier can hit like a truck, so bringing Hope or a tank isn't awful.

I'm really disappointed in Snow for this event... the enemy is weak to Ice and hits hard, so it seems like he should be great. But his stats are pretty bad when he doesn't have synergy. Guess I'm supposed to be picking up Max BRV in my artifacts if I want to be able to punch things at all?

• Options
    Weekly banner:
    Bartz 15, alternate Bartz 15, Zidane 15, Squall 15

It's better than last week's Bartz banner, but I still don't think it's quite enough for me to pull the trigger. Still only recommended for Bartz superfans. (Note to Squall fans: this is not one of the critical items you want for him, and you'll probably get plenty of copies of this when you're chasing his other items)

• Options
    I kind of want Bartz alternate 15, but only because I'm a Bartz fanboy. If it's half price, I'm in!

Edit: it is not, boo

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Locke log-in bonus (Locke-in bonus?) will get you some extra DP and gems for the next week. Also, Locke stickers are available now in the DP shop. Also also, be sure to log in to get your E3 rewards, including four power stones (!) and some armor tokens.

Some redditor cleared the hardest stage of the Setzer lost chapter with a team of Yuffie, Thancred, and Cater (support: Squall). That's a really impressive performance from some iffy characters. "Believe in your memes," indeed.

eta: player went on to clear the last stage of the Vanille lost chapter with Vanille, Hope, and Thancred. A little less impressive since it still features two of the synergy characters with their 35 CP weapons, but still a good showing for Thancred.

Fry on
  • Options
    I kinda read that announcement too quickly when it came up. I thought they were announcing that Locke was gonna be released for DFFOO, was excited... then was a little sad that he wasn't.

• Options
    Ugh, forced update to Bluestacks has pretty well exploded my ability to play this. Takes like ten minutes or more to get through one easy fight on auto. Guess I need to get a new computer/tablet/phone. :(

• Options
    I kinda read that announcement too quickly when it came up. I thought they were announcing that Locke was gonna be released for DFFOO, was excited... then was a little sad that he wasn't.

Seriously, that was a mean tease. "Locke is out for dissidia! .. er, the other dissidia.."

• Options
    Weekly banner, first draw half price:
    Yang 15, Cecil 15, King 15

Meh. I'm convinced that King 15 is actually worse than equipping any other gun (it provides a one turn ATK buff that will overwrite other, longer lasting buffs, and you usually won't even get to take advantage because you'll be HP attacking the next turn), Yang's is a decent upgrade to Kick but he's still not that great a character at the moment, and Cecil is a good character but the passive on his 15 is not a huge upgrade IMO.

• Options
    Sometimes these feel like a "pull for some power stones" banner more than anything else. I've got ~12.5k right now so I'll probably do this one

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Sometimes these feel like a "pull for some power stones" banner more than anything else. I've got ~12.5k right now so I'll probably do this one

For me, I have no interest in any of these items, so I would be spending 2.5k on one or two power stones. Alternatively, I can do a 5k pull on a banner that has stuff I care about, and get either a real item that I want or effectively four power stones (because I hit a dupe of an item I want).

• Options
    I wound up spending 2.5k to get zero power stones because I went 1/11 off-banner Vivi 15 and I kept it because who doesn't love Vivi

You make an excellent point though

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    I wound up spending 2.5k to get zero power stones because I went 1/11 off-banner Vivi 15 and I kept it because who doesn't love Vivi

You make an excellent point though

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have done it either, but I did the half-price pull too, and got Cyan 15. :(

Yeah power stone!

• Options
    Anyone playing this on a tablet? I am thinking of picking up a cheap-ish device to play this and FFRK since Bluestacks and my computer haven't been getting along lately. Recommendations would be appreciated.

• Options
    Update to the game today added some new purchase options. $5 for 1650 gems over a month, $15 for 5000. Better value than other bundles they have, not sure if I'd jump in to paying yet though.

• Options
    Those are exceptional values relative to what we've gotten before. Even the best of the gem sales were ~280 gems per dollar and those are both ~333.

• Options
    2/11 - Tidus 15, Tidus 35 (whylol)
    2/11 - Eiko 15, Balthier 15

Might try some more later, would like Eiko's 35 here.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    1/11 Eiko 35

Got what I needed, 50k gems to save for Vaan Ashe/Brothers banner/Cloud Garnet next month