As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Adios, SUPERGENIUS!

1939495969799»

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Really disappointing loss for the Lions. Mostly the really weird play calling. I liked that they went for the onside kick early, you have a lot time to make it up if it doesn't work. I also liked some of the creative playing calling (where was that earlier in the season).

But on side kicking it with 2 minutes left was mind boggling. Also with a little over 4 minutes left, in the red zone, they run the ball twice? WTF. Feels like our "rocket scientist" is over thinking things; draining 2 minutes off the clock for a FG when you still need a TD to tie seems really stupid. I'm no expert but without using time outs the Rams can drain what, 2 minutes even going 3 and out? So that gives you less than 30 seconds to score a TD? If you throw on all 3 downs, and still only get a FG, you leave 4 minutes on the clock which with a stop can give you 2 minutes to try and score.

The worst part is that we have little to no chance at the Nick Bosa sweepstakes. 2 winnable games coming up and both the 49ers and Raiders would likely draft him.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Really disappointing loss for the Lions. Mostly the really weird play calling. I liked that they went for the onside kick early, you have a lot time to make it up if it doesn't work. I also liked some of the creative playing calling (where was that earlier in the season).

But on side kicking it with 2 minutes left was mind boggling. Also with a little over 4 minutes left, in the red zone, they run the ball twice? WTF. Feels like our "rocket scientist" is over thinking things; draining 2 minutes off the clock for a FG when you still need a TD to tie seems really stupid. I'm no expert but without using time outs the Rams can drain what, 2 minutes even going 3 and out? So that gives you less than 30 seconds to score a TD? If you throw on all 3 downs, and still only get a FG, you leave 4 minutes on the clock which with a stop can give you 2 minutes to try and score.

The worst part is that we have little to no chance at the Nick Bosa sweepstakes. 2 winnable games coming up and both the 49ers and Raiders would likely draft him.

If it makes you feel any better, Gruden will probably grind him up.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    That was very clearly not a fumble but I think it stands because you simply cannot see the football

Edit: the 49ers are the Washington Generals

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Phillip Lindsay for OROY

oh h*ck
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    And Mahomes has another garish stat, the fastest ever to 40 TD passes. 12 and 3/4 games.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    And Mahomes has another garish stat, the fastest ever to 40 TD passes. 12 and 3/4 games.

Well, sure. But thirty of them were against Oakland

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    And now under the list of things that I didn't think would happen, much less mid-season:
    The Green Bay Packers have parted ways with Head Coach Mike McCarthy & named Joe Philbin interim head coach: http://pckrs.com/vertg

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Losing to arizona worse than any other sin.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Aikman shows how much he knows about footbaw by stating that McCarthy 'just wins' and should have no problem finding work.

Retire, fool.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Goodbye, Beav

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Four years too late.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Aikman shows how much he knows about footbaw by stating that McCarthy 'just wins' and should have no problem finding work.

Retire, fool.

I mean that's ridiculous he had a qb talent of talents and even then he fucking blew it with bad play calls. McCarthy will be the browns next coach.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I thought we could last through SNF, but McCarthy ruined even that.

New thread.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the sad thing is he probably will have no trouble finding work

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    the sad thing is he probably will have no trouble finding work

I mean, the Browns have an opening, don't they?

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Lamar Jackson looking really good today. It’s against KC but still.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45