As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] world released. Suddenly one of the popular kids.

SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgradeRegistered User regular
First thing is first:
Voice Comms

Introducing: Monster Hunter World

More updates on MH world soon to come!

What is Monster Hunter?

Welcome to the game where in the goal is to kill off these guys with some form of pointy or shooty implement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ZAQ9_QK5s&noredirect=1

Monster Hunter is a series about hunting little things, making weapons and armor from the bits of the little things then eventually using those weapons and armor to hunt bigger things. Repeat until the next game in the series comes out.

Old Screenshots

xW2u4XK.png
H97GkCr.png
EK02j0t.jpg
wc2pcjF.png
1e7AVC8.jpg

Game Info and Useful Stuff
Kiranico MH Generations database
Athena's Armor Set Search for all game versions.
GaijinHunter’s MHGEN weapon tutorial playlist. Seriously. Watch these for your weapon
Web Based Armor Skill Simulator for when you can't run Athena's
Handy MH Generations Monster chart.

Want to use a bow in MH Worlrd?

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/38919568/#Comment_38919568

Speaking of playing together. The generic PA password for rooms is

PS4 players:

PS4 Community:

Zenny Arcade: World

PS4 player form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdi-Jnmhg2p9AhYRRKGkIhcldB_-NPGRLXUWwcqp_xQQdVPPw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Responses:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pWPeaIKQtsqlnO4od07FdLzkdQophfu9ibaQ6kAGvdc/htmlview#gid=626456156

For our Xbox brothers partaking in World:
Darkewolfe wrote: »

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    New thread smell, old thread look.

How long now until I can murder a giant invading pickle with teeth and make clothes out of it?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    New thread smell, old thread look.

How long now until I can murder a giant invading pickle with teeth and make clothes out of it?

About a month. I am so looking forward to the pickle fight

This weekend I will finish the new thread revamp.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I followed some tracks and found the thread. *eats Might Pill* Let's do this!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I did have a scary moment last night when I was looking for Kushala. Went to where I thought he normally showed up, did not see him, turned around and he was literally right behind me.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    My favorite quote (as in the favorite thing I said) last thread:

In Monster Hunter, you literally smell unicorn farts in the endgame. I love this game.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    So, how do we think G Rank will work this time? New game like in the past? Expansion DLC Title Update (with a rereleased physical version)?

• Options
    I think they will do the second.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    So, what monster would be best for a super tiny/huge version of in an event?

• Options
    So... I guess Angie is the first fight in this game that's seperating the wheat from the chaff and forcing newbies to learn and adapt. I've seen so much on that fight online, both praise/pride and massive rage.

People either improve themselves and become hunters, or blame everything but themselves and become quitters right about at that fight.

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    Traditionally, it's a tiny Uragaan. I could see that or Radobaan. Maybe Dodo. A giant Kulu Ya Ku would be hilarious. A giant Odogaron would be horrifying, but probably actually easier than the regular one because you'd have a LOT more room under him to fight.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Tiny radobaan. Super size Zorah (I kid)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Tiny Rathian, Super Huge Diablos.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Tiny radobaan. Super size Zorah (I kid)
    Tiny Zorah Magdaros. But you still have to fight him with Ballista and Cannons. You fight him in an Arena, spending most of the time slowly luring him to the Dragonator in the Arena.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Here is how dumb I am. I hit high rank yesterday and did not know:

There are different Palico gadgets than Vigorwasp.

Everyone has a slinger (I thought it was a main weapon class) so I’ve never even tried to use it.

There are quest givers outside of the Hubs.

You can carve the pieces of monsters that you break off.

Food at the canteen is made with ingredients you had farmed (I thought you just bought them from the chef)

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Traditionally, it's a tiny Uragaan. I could see that or Radobaan. Maybe Dodo. A giant Kulu Ya Ku would be hilarious. A giant Odogaron would be horrifying, but probably actually easier than the regular one because you'd have a LOT more room under him to fight.

Bleed Dog's tail whips still get me more than any other monster. He's the one monster that I feel experienced on but can still randomly cart me.

• Options
    Odo's bleed can catch you, on top of that combined with effluvia it can wreck your ass.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    So dung pods are the real money/mats sink right?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Beezel wrote: »
    So dung pods are the real money/mats sink right?
    Dung has always been the most important resource in the game. MOST IMPORTANT.

>.>

<.<

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I never use it.

Also to "well actually" a post from the last thread. The fire great sword with nergy damage is the Anjy one, the rathalos sword has less damage. But the anjy sword needs 5 vaal hazak teeth.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    really want a 'blos or Nerg hammer but god fighting Diablos is like doing a fucking book report on The Scarlet Letter.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    really want a 'blos or Nerg hammer but god fighting Diablos is like doing a fucking book report on The Scarlet Letter.

Sure to get an A?

I'll see myself out.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Regular Blos is a chump with bow. But also seems like it is also the least changed monster from my experience in Tri.

I hear variant Blos is tougher.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Jeez. Finally took down the Anjanath with some help from 3 other randos. One of whom fainted.

That was tough.

• Options
    If there is no Tiny Urgaan it would be a travesty.

• Options
    Regular Blos is a chump with bow. But also seems like it is also the least changed monster from my experience in Tri.

I hear variant Blos is tougher.

Rathian is pretty much the same fight she's always been, but I appreciate that regularity...

Black Diablos also feels similar to her previous variant, but she's still a mega charging triple head swinging bitch.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Jeez. Finally took down the Anjanath with some help from 3 other randos. One of whom fainted.

That was tough.

At one point I had climbed up onto a cliff to try and jump down onto it's back only for the stupid thing to jump up and head butt me in midair, sending me flying backwards.

I think the toughest part of that fight for me was the seeming lack of hitboxes. The butt felt like the safest place to land crits on the tail but the way it stood had most of its back end high enough up in the air that I could only land one hit with an uppercut from my axe before it turned around and did that bs wallow charge thing.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »

I'll accept Radobaan there though as the new model.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I don't want to live in a world without Tiny Uragaan.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »

I'll accept Radobaan there though as the new model.

Travesty

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Anjanath just has really annoying movement where his follow through on attacks take him so far away that you can really only counterattack him when it does certain attacks. It's pretty much the same with Diablos. If they get out of a flinch/knockdown lock they just run all over the place until you can nick them enough to make them stand still for a sec. At least with rathalos you just flash them and tell them to take a dirtnap for a little bit. I think it's why I like the jaggi monsters because yeah they jump around like theyre on crack, but theyre usually at least close to you. And Kula just wants to show you his pet rock.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    I’ll accept Tiny Uragaan only if I can catch it in my capture net and keep it in my room.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    btw: whoever told me I could use capture nets to break horns. that process is arguably worse than just taking a chance of decapitating the poor things with an overhead smash.

chasing it around and shooting that net for 2 damage...

you are a terrible person and you should feel bad.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I will accept Tiny Deviljho but only if he's edible.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Anjanath just has really annoying movement where his follow through on attacks take him so far away that you can really only counterattack him when it does certain attacks. It's pretty much the same with Diablos. If they get out of a flinch/knockdown lock they just run all over the place until you can nick them enough to make them stand still for a sec. At least with rathalos you just flash them and tell them to take a dirtnap for a little bit. I think it's why I like the jaggi monsters because yeah they jump around like theyre on crack, but theyre usually at least close to you. And Kula just wants to show you his pet rock.

I always feel kinda bad about stone cold mercing the Kula. Dudes just trying collect pots and rocks n stuff.

• Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    btw: whoever told me I could use capture nets to break horns. that process is arguably worse than just taking a chance of decapitating the poor things with an overhead smash.

Who told you this

because it totally sounds like a prank

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    It's just a weaker version of a rock. You can use rocks or capture nets to kill bugs and leave their carcass too.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Work bro is having Anja troubles. The weirdest part is how unfamiliar it is for me to have RL people playing Monster Hunter.

How did this one jump mainstream? Not that I mind.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »

Sonic Blos in the ground and it flails helpless for a bit.

• Options
    edited February 2018

Who told you this

because it totally sounds like a prank

I do not know what sick person encouraged that death by a thousand cuts. But they evidently hate Kelbi. Probably Preacher. >_>

throwing rocks at the Kelbi usually results in body shots, because of how the lock on feature works. which is why I was looking for an alternative means of hitting them on the horn.

I do use the slinger and stuff to kill bugs intact. it just doesn't seem to work with the Kelbi, which I don't want to kill so much as take their horns. Safaris seem to be the best way to get them though because I'm assuming that the Palico aren't just murdering the Kelbi for the horns and if they are my hunter isn't asking questions.

edit: If you tag attack them fast enough to kill them before your kinsect arrives, that also keeps their corpses intact.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    I've had pretty high success rates with Kelbi horns by using the lance and just poking them.