As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] hugs

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Anyone happen to know how bad of an idea it would be to live in an apartment with a leaded glass door to the kitchen, and possibly some cabinet doors?

Like, if I don't lick my doors, I mean.

As long as there’s no reason the paint will turn to dust and get in your lungs en masse (construction) and as long as you’re over the age of 25, you’re 100% fine.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Why have your own place to live if you’re not going to lick everything

Neco on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I put over 100 hours into the new Zelda, apparently, so I guess I liked it

It def has a certain magic, a certain charm

Toon Link still Best Link tho

This link is somewhat toonish also, kind of painterly

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    New ramen place found. Eating ramen before gaming.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I need to drill out some stripped screws in drywall anchors in my bathroom

Do I need a dedicated drill, or an "impact driver?" What is the difference? If you have a drill, you can always throw a screwdriver bit into it, right? But you cannot throw a drill bit into an impact driver?

Drills are for drilling (and low power battery drills can be used for driving screws), impact drivers are for nuts, bolts, and screws. The difference is that a drill chuck is connected to the motor spindle, and an impact driver is turned by a piston smacking into a lever attached to the chuck.

Drivers are better at screws, but probably overkill for drywall.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Impact driver is what I use at full meter

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    How do you get past those mouth things on the elephant dungeon in the new Zelda.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    DK so handy

DK the husbando

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ramen wasn't bad. It is american fusion style. I will try the miso next. I did like it though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Apparently everyone on my twitter feed is angry tonight, for disparate reasons

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    How do you get past those mouth things on the elephant dungeon in the new Zelda.

mouth things?

Do you mean the
    Purple slime?

Find an eyeball that looks like an Eye of Sauron and shoot it with an arrow.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    There are a lot of i-frames after you do the L2 with double katanas, it almost looks unfair at times.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Impact Driver is my stage name

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    There are a lot of i-frames after you do the L2 with double katanas, it almost looks unfair at times.

it used to be broke as fuck

the L2 would poise like a champ and combo into two L1s and proc bleed for like, 1200 damage in pvp

it is much more reasonable now; you can get knocked out of it with a heavy hit and you can only combo it into an R1

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Bard's Tale just earned brownie points by not pretending its elves are unique.
    v3elf5qnhhnm.png

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

it used to be broke as fuck

the L2 would poise like a champ and combo into two L1s and proc bleed for like, 1200 damage in pvp

it is much more reasonable now; you can get knocked out of it with a heavy hit and you can only combo it into an R1

It was great for these 8ft dragonlings with axes, I would L2 in close when they were charging and all their attack would be during the i-frames. It was pretty intuitive to time, then while they recovered I could get an R2 in or just spam and jump around for a bit.

• Options
    And the npc's so far have no idea what to do about it.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    My new computer is awesome

I am awesome

Applaud me and my new computer

Congratulations on your new Mac

But he said computer

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Holy fuck, is facebook down?

Edit: Guess not, must've been a caching issue.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks for the advice, folks. I'm heading home to start the application now.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    It dun gonna snow again.

It's like I won the weather lottery!

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

I am awesome

But he said computer
    (she)

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I am awesome

But he said computer
    (she)

Neco is jewish?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    It dun gonna snow again.

It's like I won the weather lottery!

boo.

I don't wanna shovel again.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    The next Zelda game is just Stardew Valley in Hyrule. You pick Link or Linkle and run a ranch. You can farm, raise animals, fish, explore dungeons and try to get hott dates. Use the botw map and mechanics and build on them.

Goty 2018.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    v3elf5qnhhnm.png

Except Tolkein elves were no so much inclined to magic as inclined to fucking around with harps singing shit they make up.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Gnomes, however

those assholes are magical

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Gnomes, however

those assholes are magical

Just their assholes.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Oldschool Tolkien elves trucked with magic a little bit. Fellowship-period elves mostly pout and complain about modern times before eventually eloping to their reserved gated community across the ocean.

• Options
    Oldschool Tolkien elves trucked with magic a little bit. Fellowship-period elves mostly pout and complain about modern times before eventually eloping to their reserved gated community across the ocean.

The baby boomers of middle earth.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The next Zelda game is just Stardew Valley in Hyrule. You pick Link or Linkle and run a ranch. You can farm, raise animals, fish, explore dungeons and try to get hott dates. Use the botw map and mechanics and build on them.

Goty 2018.

I would love a settlement management game that also had you raise groups of adventurers to send on quests.

• Options
    Gnome assholes often gathered by unscrupulous poachers for their magical properties.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    hi guys what are we
    Gnome assholes often gathered by unscrupulous poachers for their magical properties.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    v3elf5qnhhnm.png

Except Tolkein elves were no so much inclined to magic as inclined to fucking around with harps singing shit they make up.

and they weren't really slighter of frame

for that matter I'm not sure how Tolkien elves inherited the pointy ears thing. I am pretty darn sure that is never mentioned in the books.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

So you are saying in a land with female Gnomes Chu would be the most magical person in all the land?

• Options
    v3elf5qnhhnm.png

and they weren't really slighter of frame

for that matter I'm not sure how Tolkien elves inherited the pointy ears thing. I am pretty darn sure that is never mentioned in the books.

Yeah only slight of frame compared to larger men like Boromir. Their "lightness" comes from the way they move and carry.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    More videogames should have nearly useless subsystems like an extremely complex potion crafting system that does nothing because unicorn horn potions don't heal you anymore than rhino horns give you a big dick.

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »

Goty 2018.

I would love a settlement management game that also had you raise groups of adventurers to send on quests.

Getting random recruits of different races

oh my god he's a korok I am promoting him to general

• Options

So you are saying in a land with female Gnomes Chu would be the most magical person in all the land?

All I'm saying is a lot went into making that magical bag of holding that you take for granted.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.