As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[QUILTBAG]: The time for Pride has passed. Now is the time for Wrath.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Tbh, all I could want out of fantasy I get in my weekly D&D games

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I had a hoooorrrriiible morning. Just sick with sadness and hopelessness. Left work early crying. Instead of going straight home though I took a left leaving work and went to a DSHS office nearby and sat down with some really nice people and explained my situation so now tomorrow I'm going to go in and, at the advice of the people I spoke to, stop working. It sucks because I like this job but I can't do it if I can't function. However, it's looking like we'll be able to actually get the help we need finally.

Metzger Meister on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Oof, that sucks man. I wish you could get the assistance AND keep the job you like!

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Yeah. But then, even as much as I like this job, I can't work it if I can't function and I just don't have it in me to do it right now. So hopefully things work out like I hope!

Edit: I'm very frightened though. I suppose that's normal before any big change. But golly is it a powerful fright. I am afeared. The isle is full of noises.

Metzger Meister on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I had panic attacks on the daily for like 2 weeks after I started my new job. I could barely eat in that time period, too.

Moving is a big adjustment, and you’ve had other rotten things happen too! You’ll get better!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    At least a good half of the characters in A Song of Ice and Fire qualify as well. Those books are full of people you love to hate.

Way more for the show, which has a weird boner for giving their horrible villains lots and lots of airtime.

The books are more about how everyone is the hero of their own narrative. So you get folks who were villains in one book, and then you get their PoV in the next book and they're shockingly sympathetic.

The only really awful person who gets PoV chapters is one of the ironborn dudes, but his chapters are kind of amusing not because he's evil, but because he's just such a deeply stupid, unimaginative person.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    At least a good half of the characters in A Song of Ice and Fire qualify as well. Those books are full of people you love to hate.
    W
    Way more for the show, which has a weird boner for giving their horrible villains lots and lots of airtime.

The books are more about how everyone is the hero of their own narrative. So you get folks who were villains in one book, and then you get their PoV in the next book and they're shockingly sympathetic.

The only really awful person who gets PoV chapters is one of the ironborn dudes, but his chapters are kind of amusing not because he's evil, but because he's just such a deeply stupid, e person.
    It

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Another one of my longtime friends came out and I'm pleased as punch because I've referred to him as "probably queer" several times when describing him to folk

Miss me? Find me on:

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    At the tills

Cashier- "Hello sir"

Me- "It's miss, actually"

Cashier, after a few seconds- "Sorry, what?"

Me- "It's miss, not sir"

Cashier, sarcastic- "Oh sorry, madam"

Me, internally- Fuck you buddy.

Me, out loud- "That's ok"

In better news, finally got the go ahead from the endocrinologist to go up to 4mg. A pity my idiot neighbour keeps accidentally taking my post.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Grog wrote: »
    At the tills

Cashier- "Hello sir"

Me- "It's miss, not sir"

In better news, finally got the go ahead from the endocrinologist to go up to 4mg. A pity my idiot neighbour keeps accidentally taking my post.

I vote reverse these next time.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    At the tills

Cashier- "Hello sir"

Me- "It's miss, not sir"

Everyone's always saying this sort of thing, but it's not possible in most social situations, as satisfying as it might be. Escalation can lead to the risk of violence as well as further negative interactions when one has to revisit the store/restaurant/etc.

It totally sucks, but it's just not always possible to be confrontational. I think it's super bold and awesome of you to have corrected the guy at all! I never do that...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    At the tills

Cashier- "Hello sir"

Me- "It's miss, not sir"

Everyone's always saying this sort of thing, but it's not possible in most social situations, as satisfying as it might be. Escalation can lead to the risk of violence as well as further negative interactions when one has to revisit the store/restaurant/etc.

It totally sucks, but it's just not always possible to be confrontational. I think it's super bold and awesome of you to have corrected the guy at all! I never do that...

Yeah, you're probably right. :(

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    While I begrudge nobody blowing off steam here I really do think going aggro on some random dude, regardless of them being an asshole or not, is probably not a good idea.

folk are usually exercising their imagination when they say something that mild

goddess knows I've fantasized my fair share of violence against assholes

Miss me? Find me on:

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I always fantasize about them ending up in the bad place.

Dead-naming earns points for entry to the mediocre place, unless they apologize. They would get hounded by swearing crows, that call them by every name but their own, whilst having small, but heavy rocks tied to their ankles. For 200 years. One rock has the word 'societal' engraved on it, and the other 'expectations'. :P

I'm being really hyperbolic and mean though.

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Situations like that make me feel so powerless. What am I going to do, blow up at them? Explain that I am just trying to live my life? Not have said anything in the first place? There are no good options.

But it helps to vent, helps to fantasise about telling people to fuck off, so I appreciate having this place and all of you cool people.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Take their sarcasm as sincere, it throws them off.

"Okay, madam."
    "Now you're getting it!"

sig.gif
  • MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Not anything I think is applicable to responding to being misgendered, but the whole idea of random people confronting oneself made think of an incident from a few months ago. Again, not really related, but I am an old so I tend to drift off to stories that aren’t exactly the topic at hand:

One time, when I was walking to the bus stop to go to work, this car was waiting to turn right into a cutout I was traversing. I walk at a pretty quick clip, so just kept my pace. The car zooms out of the street and just barely enters the parking lot. The driver rolls down the window and begins yelling at me—stuff like “some people have jobs!” or “”respect people’s time!” I just turned to them and said, “I’m sorry your morning is going so badly, I hope the rest of your day is better.” They just completely shut up, and went on to park in the lot.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    What's next month. Sloth? I think we all deserve naps

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    What's next month. Sloth? I think we all deserve naps

We'd look it up, but that seems like an awful lot of work.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
    Lust is October

because us goths deserve love

Miss me? Find me on:

Halloween is basically queer Christmas after all

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    christmas/december is defs sloth

either because that's how you feel after chrismas dinner

or because you want to sloth it up and just avoid family

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Maaaan I get way too busy in December for sloth.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    December is obviously greed because everyone should buy me presents

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I typed this up a while back.

Pride -- June
    Wrath -- July
    Lust -- August
    Envy -- September
    Gluttony -- October
    Sloth -- November
    Greed -- December

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Can I skip lust and do gluttony again instead.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I wanna skip envy

I am, not in a particularly lustful state at the moment, but I am more lustworthy than ever

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Platy wrote: »
    I wanna skip envy

I don't, I like @Rainfall

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Platy wrote: »
    I wanna skip envy

Don't we all! My goddanged brain, however...

Usagi on
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Imo don't skip sins, just fight them irl

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So the summer camp I volunteered at was staffed & operated by a bunch of my camp friends, and with a bunch of them being queer they made their camp super queer-friendly.

Monday they had all the kids get into cabin colors (blue, red, green, ect..) and form a huge rainbow for a camp photo.

The staff's official shirts were rainbows.

Campers started shipping male counselors who just went with them and talked about healthy relationships be it queer or heterosexual.

It was very nice to see.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    aaaaaaa i love it

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

i'll wake you up
    when september ends.

i'll wake you up
    when september ends.

god damn it

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Yeah. But then, even as much as I like this job, I can't work it if I can't function and I just don't have it in me to do it right now. So hopefully things work out like I hope!

Edit: I'm very frightened though. I suppose that's normal before any big change. But golly is it a powerful fright. I am afeared. The isle is full of noises.

It may be too late on a response to this, but is it possible to take a paid leave of absence from the job for a while? I know a lot of employers have different rules on this sort of thing - some bigger companies are cool with it, but admittedly, as an ignorant Canadian, I feel like I've seen too many American Lifetime movies where the big business corp says no because greed.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

It may be too late on a response to this, but is it possible to take a paid leave of absence from the job for a while? I know a lot of employers have different rules on this sort of thing - some bigger companies are cool with it, but admittedly, as an ignorant Canadian, I feel like I've seen too many American Lifetime movies where the big business corp says no because greed.

Do you mean unpaid leave of absence?
    Paid--probably never, honestly. Unpaid is possible depending on the employer, generally using FMLA if you have a doctor's note. If you have short term disability insurance, it could partially cover the leave. An unpaid leave could be possible even without FMLA, but really depends on the employer.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Lust just has like nothing to do with me

Also I’m envious all year

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Paid leave of absence can be a thing too, depending on the situation. I did mean unpaid though, yes.

Where I work, we can take a PLOA for a full week, which does not count as vacation time and independent of paid sick days, but this is also dependent on the reason and if a note is required, like a hospital stay. A few years back I was in a hospital for 3 days when I had Bell's Palsy. Turned up with my note and was still paid. Work was interesting for the remainder of the month though, let me tell you. When half of your face feels like you had a stroke, but your main job is picking up a phone and talking to clients...

Most unpaid leaves definitely depend on the situation. Family emergencies are pretty common at my work, where some employees might need to return to their home country for a funeral, or the like. We have had some employees be on unpaid leave for a few months due to personal issues. Hopefully wherever Metzger works is capable of providing something, unless it's just for the best to leave.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

This discussion has been closed.