As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for a catchy name

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
Hey all! So I'm going to create some videos of me playing old 80s arcade games from my youth. Before I begin play though, I was planning on giving a brief history of the game, some of the artwork, how I came to play it, and so forth. Kind of a history lesson w/gameplay. I've commissioned a friend to start on a customized YouTube thumbnail for me. What I need to do now is come up with a fun title.

I wanted the title to focus on retro, but not be exclusive to arcade games (even though the logo will depict an arcade cabinet). That way I'm not shoehorned in to one thing in case I wanted to do NES stuff or whatever later. I've been trying to see if I could incorporate my real name, Ben, into the title but it isn't necessary. We could even use MNC Dover or Dover as well.

Some ideas my friends have come up with are:
  • Bringing it Back with Ben
  • Ben There, Done That (thanks @mmmig for that one)
  • Game Dover
  • Do Over

So any thoughts? Again, it doesn't have to include my name. Could be a different title entirely, but I think something like "Retro Review" would get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I don't have any new ideas but Ben There Done That is my favorite from your list

Edit- my sons name is Ben so I may be biased, ha

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Ben Dover, Here it Comes Again
    Ben Dover, the 80s Are Back
    Ben Over This Before
    It's All Ben Done Before

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Ben Dover, Here it Comes Again
    Ben Dover, the 80s Are Back
    Ben Over This Before
    It's All Ben Done Before

I both love and hate you. The amount of times I heard Ben Dover growing up is the reason why I use Dover as a forum name.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I'm saving "Can't Out Run the 80s" for one specificly aimed at 80s racing games.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I like Game Dover

Ben Dover, What A Shmup

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    game dover is pretty good yeah.

Plus you could say it like homer going "d'oh" sometimes.

Or wait "d'oh" ... "game d'over"... "hors d'oeuvre"? is there anything there?

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    having watched a couple of your streams, i think you need to embrace your relaxed, laid-back vibe:

"Dover's Late Night Coin-Op"
    "Cabinet Legends with MNC Dover"

as much as the punny names are fun, for SEO/findability purposes clever combinations of common words are probably less effective than unique combinations of less-common words. not that my examples are necessarily fantastic, but you want to make sure people can find you immediately through google

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    These Old Games Are Good Still - TOGAGS - TO GAGS - 2 Gags

And that's how you create a intro segment. Choking lightly twice while playing Tetris or something.

edited February 2018
    bsjezz wrote: »
    having watched a couple of your streams, i think you need to embrace your relaxed, laid-back vibe:

"Dover's Late Night Coin-Op"
    "Cabinet Legends with MNC Dover"

as much as the punny names are fun, for SEO/findability purposes clever combinations of common words are probably less effective than unique combinations of less-common words. not that my examples are necessarily fantastic, but you want to make sure people can find you immediately through google

Oooh...Cabinet Legends. I like that. Really classy sounding.

Edit: Plus nothing comes up in a google search except cabinets. :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    Just a heads up, there's actually a (pretty good) game called "Ben There, Dan That".

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    Just a heads up, there's actually a (pretty good) game called "Ben There, Dan That".

Yeah, I saw that a while back. My childhood friend was named Dan, so it's a good thing we didn't go in on this together.

But it looks like I'm going with Cabinet Legends with MNC Dover. Thanks @bsjezz for the great name! And thanks for all of the great suggestions!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Could you do a two person host with Phillip McKrak?

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Ben Dover Ben Dover, its game night all over

camo_sig.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    How about 'The Mongooses'? That's a good team name.

The Fighting Mongooses.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Your introduction to every episode should be "Hello there, I'm Ben Dover, and I've heard all your extremely clever jokes about my name already, so don't bother leaving them in the comments!"

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    AkimboEG wrote: »

Yeah, I saw that a while back. My childhood friend was named Dan, so it's a good thing we didn't go in on this together.

But it looks like I'm going with Cabinet Legends with MNC Dover. Thanks @bsjezz for the great name! And thanks for all of the great suggestions!

:+1: can't wait to watch the first episode! keep us posted...

sC4Q4nq.jpg