As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    My 58 orbs feels pitifully small for tomorrow. I sold out chasing Lewyn, justified because he could be a real game changer for my series favorite unit, vanguard Ike. I ended up with a goddamn Sonya and Shigure. Infuriating!

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Damnit. I FINALLY have a an evening where I don't need to pull overtime for work and I'm trying to get my feather farm on, and not a single one of the rival domain methods that I'm seeing are reacting the same for me as they are for the author.

edit:
    found one.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Woo, LTiki and Lector in 30 orbs!

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Man, hard pass on this banner. Tiki looks amazing but everything else is icky.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Durinia wrote: »
    Man, hard pass on this banner. Tiki looks amazing but everything else is icky.

Red's... okay? But that's about it.

Odds are next banner has Tiki again too anyways.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    She has 180 BST. 2nd place are Hardin, Winter Lissa, and Eliwood (armor) at 175. Brave Hector has 174. There is a skill to bring specific unit types up to 170.

Just for fun, the lowest BST is 139, for ranged dancers.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Wow, my 60 orbs somehow netted me 3 five stars. Another Micaiah merge, though at +atk -def she may be suitable for taking over from my +spd -hp...

And then a bride tharja (MEH). And a freaking Tiki last!! -def boo superboon, but plus atk makes up for it.

Guess I'll keep tossing orbs at green in the vain hope for Hector, but I'm satisfied already.

Tiki's map is basically bullshit, btw. Only beat infernal by giving TA3 to my +atk Julia to one shot Tiki on turn 1. Abyssal...? Probably not happening.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I spent too much on this banner -_- Grr... I have a +ATK/-SPD Tiki, that seems like good IVs? Also I finally got L!Ike to +10. And pulled like a billion Sharenas which is bleh but whatever.

Side note, I enjoy Mangs' name for the new Tiki - L!oli Tiki :3

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    She has 180 BST. 2nd place are Hardin, Winter Lissa, and Eliwood (armor) at 175. Brave Hector has 174. There is a skill to bring specific unit types up to 170.

Just for fun, the lowest BST is 139, for ranged dancers.
    Clearly, the next colorless Legendary needs to be a veteran ranged cavalry dancer wielding an unrefinable staff without built-in Wrathful or Dazzling.

• Options
    We could have had two archers in the colorless legendary pool, but they're colored just because.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I tossed around 150 orbs into the fire to see what I could get. I was aiming for blue and green (Green for SI and a copy of Sharena would be my first, I don't mind merges for Micaiah and didn't have the other two blues).

I got a Micaiah (-atk, boo) and Spring Catria (+atk, yay!). I'm at a 9.5% rate, so I'll probably gather some more orbs and summon until I get pity broken by something hopefully useful and then save up.

Good luck to those pulling!

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I started seeing those 170 bst A skills now in arena. NY Azura +10’s now.

• Options
    Dancers do seem to be the candidates that most benefit from those skills. They don't give up as much in their A slot for it. PA!Azura and Flyivia both can use it, and they're also the dancers with the sweet stat boosting prf weapons.

I'm considering putting it on my Caeda, but I'd have to set aside distant counter.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Man, fuck these Abyssal difficulty fights... honestly it's not even challenging, it's just ass when the enemies have a bazillion HP and Def/Res and can one-shot everyone.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I shocked myself and actually beat Abyssal Hector with no guide. Of course I used the usual OP suspects... My Like, Reinhardt, Veronica, and Airlivia. It was a close call, but I have the gold mask!!

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Ugh, my sister said the worst thing to me today.

Me: "Yeah, I'm still spending my orbs trying to get Nino."
    Her: "Why?"

As if she WEREN'T the best character! The nerve of some people! Why am I pulling for Nino? Oh, I don't know, maybe because she DOES HER BEST!?

But now, I have pulled Nino. A +Spd/-Def one, too! So now I'll do my best.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Hector as the only green on a banner. 3 orbs on hand. Motherfucker.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Yay, my free pull gave me a neutral Morgan to fix my superbane one.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Was nearly at 5% on the Flora banner. Finally got a 5*, but it was an Ishtar. That banner didn't like me.

+2 Ishtar seems good though!

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I was all set to make a fun steady breath Seth before realizing cavalry can't use it. Not sure I understand that restriction!

When horses were oppressive it was because of hyper offense, not enemy phase.

Acheron on
  • Options
    I just had one of my better runs with Laegjarn as my bonus unit, alongside my+3 Grima, +4 Caeda, and +9 Camilla. Final score, with all of the earth season bonuses, was 3650. That's unfortunately not enough to loiter in tier 20, so I guess I'm going back down to tier 19. I did pull a second Laegjarn and I'm probably going to end up giving R duel fliers to Caeda, but I don't have it in me right now to do another set of arena runs. I just need more merges.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Phew got my deathless Arena Assault run in just in time. It was that or get like 4th tier rank instead of 2nd tier rank which is a pretty big dip in feathers and refining stones and coins (the important stuff :P). Rank tier 1 is just too stupid to get anymore, which is fine. It's like a difference of 5 stones/coins which isn't the worst.

Grand Conquests continues to be pants on head dumb. Looked and my team currently has no tiles. Go team! It's like, what am I even supposed to do about this? If my team isn't playing not like I can force them to play...

Gonna have to spam stamina crest things at the end because I've been too busy with work this last week to use many. Did make sure to at least get rank 25 so I get all the rewards. Hope stuff doesn't get knocked out too fast for me to use my stamina up.

Edit: Oh, and Arena is now plagued with blue Tikis. Ugg... Can you pleeeeease give me some green dragon counters that don't suck ass? Julia and Deirdre get murdered by adaptive damage (besides which mine have the wrong blessings for this season anyways). Been having to use high-res/triangle adept greens to get the job done, of which I only have so many... Suddenly +10 Camilla is puttin' in some work

Also having the hardest time deciding on my next merge project :/ I spent the last few batches of feathers to promote up some perfect IV 4*s for Ares and Silvia (got really lucky there, I have like 3 of her since she just got demoted and one was +SPD/-HP). Been thinking it may be worth finishing Ares, but then I am really hurting for greens everywhere so I dunno... I'd totally do Bartre actually but he does some damn fine work at his current merge level already so I don't see the rush...

Edit 2: Hmm, Libra might not be the worst choice... He has pretty good mixed bulk which would make him a good counter to both Hardin and Tiki (and Nowi), at least with a defense refine.. Though I'm currently lacking 4*s to merge him up the full way. I could get him to +6 it looks like. Hawkeye might also be a reasonable choice, though his attack is pretty dang low. But his bulk is high which I'm a bit more concerned with. Slap a Slaying Hammer on him and he could be alright... hmm...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Have you built up a Caeda yet? She's pretty sweet. Wing sword is superb, her high res makes her good at fighting dragons and utilizing ploys, and she's a legal recipient for R duel flier.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Grand conquest and forging bonds expiring on the same night is such a slog. I'm surprised that we don't have a tempest trial going on at the same time too.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Have you built up a Caeda yet? She's pretty sweet. Wing sword is superb, her high res makes her good at fighting dragons and utilizing ploys, and she's a legal recipient for R duel flier.

Not yet. She's on my list, but I really need green axe units right now. Think I'm gonna do Hawkeye

• Options
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/2/17929908/microsoft-app-mirroring-android-windows-10-desktop

This is interesting. FEH is one of the apps that android emulators have never really managed to get working, which I always thought was a shame because I spend a lot of time on my computer and it'd be nice to just pop open FEH without thinking about phone battery.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Hmm, looks like Lilina is gonna lose. I suppose I should have guessed this. I honestly only picked her because Forblaze be OP

Edit: Arggg... another deathless arena assault run foiled at the end -_- Stupid Caeda... why can you one-shot Brave Reinhardt? He has a lot of defense! He hits twice in enemy phase!! Bleh. I'm also tempted to pivot off Hawkeye already to merge up Felicia instead... I'm running into way too many mages that I don't have good counters for (at least of a reasonable blessing). Ranged high-res reds in particular are kinda rare now that the high tier arena is swarming with 170 bst Ninos. I have seen how scary +10 Nino is, I don't need to take chances there. Felicia will be a good all-purpose mage counter, especially if I go for her plate refine next (I'm basically one non-legendary refine away... but I dunno if I should hold off to see if Innes or Tana's are OP as hell...)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So I haven't played in almost 2 years, but it looks like we got some free picks? Are any of the free picks something that should be outright avoided? I'll have to wait for the app to finish loading to check what I have to make a real decision.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    The brave units? They're all good but arguably you'll get the most mileage out of Lyn and Veronica.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Man, I feel like I had way better units when I quit playing last... But I had an account that was linked to my Nintendo account, and thats what this is...

Yeah, looks like somehow I had a separate account that got lost. So I had Bike, Lancina, Brave Lynn, who knows what else... And now I've got Perri, MRobin, and Lucius as my only 5*'s instead...

Edit a second time. Decided to just start all over. Got a FGrimma and Flora. Picked up BLyn and Brave Hector. Feel like I definitely lost a little, but way better than what my linked account had,

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Is there a banner people are all saving for, or should I be pulling on this legendary Tiki one some more?

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Ok, my Grand Summoner rank is in jeopardy... time to grind some more arena. Was running the numbers in arena score calc and because I can't not seem to pull Alolan Severa (aka Laevatein) my +7 (seriously, all I wanted was a second Laegjarn...) she scores significantly higher than my +1 Silas... of course, Silas is a boss and does effective damage vs. armors, so we'll see if she can handle that role too (she does have a pretty good def stat, but I dunno if she'll be able to tank blues like Silas can tank greens... course he can't tank green dragons which is half the problem...).

Also been thinking I need to put some effort into my other arena units to better support the bonus hero. Female Grima doesn't need QR3 if she isn't killing shit. Likewise Zelgius and Male Grima are doing nothing with their Bold Fighters. Might try to get some chills up on them....
    Brody wrote: »
    Is there a banner people are all saving for, or should I be pulling on this legendary Tiki one some more?

Halloween banner is hitting on the 10th

Edit: Ez
    v5kdekusmdx0.pngeaa309vkpz19.png

Holy shit though look at that attack stat (that's with attack tactic + arena bonus points). She was player phasing +10 Legendary Tiki. Like holy crap, I wish I had done this sooner. She just murdered EVERYTHING

Oh god and I just realized I didn't even put her dual rally on. Lol...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Hmm, looks like Lilina is gonna lose. I suppose I should have guessed this. I honestly only picked her because Forblaze be OP

Not today, criminal! Even Hector can't stand up to the mighty coinflip that is VG results.

• Options
    Only Ninian can stand up against the multiplier.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    the multiplyer doesn't seem as extreme this time around. not as many huge swings

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    the multiplyer doesn't seem as extreme this time around. not as many huge swings

I dunno, seems the same to me. Overall voting gauntlet continues to be teh dumb.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

I dunno, seems the same to me. Overall voting gauntlet continues to be teh dumb.

5 wins per 2 days for your orbs and leave it at that imo.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »

5 wins per 2 days for your orbs and leave it at that imo.

I mean, I just hate the overall concept behind it. It's basically use community-generated spreadsheet to guess when your team will have a bonus, then try to guess when to use your flags for the highest bonus, which may be at 3am or some shit. And then none of the voting actually matters because if someone gets a bonus in the last round they just win.

I feel like Tempest Trials kinda solved this with their "first two fights of the day are bonus points" - that just means you gotta do two a day at your own convenience and you're good. If you wanna do more to grind for a higher rank, you can, it just costs stamina and time. Meanwhile rank is so stupid in voting gauntlet because it's based on when you spend your super limited amount of flags and if your selected hero happens to have bonus rounds later in the 2 day cycle for higher points.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Finally got a Laegjarn. -ATK +SPD. Not optimal, but workable.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    My free pull on the ploy banner was -HP/+ATK Swordhardt for...some reason.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650