Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Glory lies beyond the horizon

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Assassin Shiki now at NP5! I really shouldn't have used even the few golden apples I already did, could have done this event on natural stamina. I guess once I'm done I'll just do Parking Lot until stamina runs out then exchange Black Cats for QP. Once the last few missions release with the x500 Mana Prisms I'll be able to buy and MLB Mona Lisa.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've still come out of the event with more apples than I started with, so I'm okay with the ones I did spend

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    CIdWpSr_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Jalter new clothes get.

Been mostly ignoring the JP account in lieu of event farming, but now that I'm mostly done with all the missions I decided to go on a hand farming spree.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Burned command spells but cleared 804. Need to go farm Vlad to finish evil and 90 missions to get NP5 now...

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    The Kara no Kyoukai movies just got added to crunchyroll

Go watch, friends

...?

You mean you don't own the limited edition $800 Blu-Rays...?

ApWxbwMh.jpg

(DON'T JUDGE ME)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    No. I don't buy Aniplex releases because they ridiculously overcharge for everything compared to every other company in the industry putting stuff out. Sometimes only twice as much as everyone else, more often 3x, 4x, 5x, or more. I'd rather support 2-5 other official releases and creators for the same money.

I mean, it's pretty as shit and I'm somewhat jealous, but I couldn't justify it at the time.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    No. I don't buy Aniplex releases because they ridiculously overcharge for everything compared to every other company in the industry putting stuff out. Sometimes only twice as much as everyone else, more often 3x, 4x, 5x, or more. I'd rather support 2-5 other official releases and creators for the same money.

I mean, it's pretty as shit and I'm somewhat jealous, but I couldn't justify it at the time.
    It's okay you can just spend that much and get Void Shiki now oh wait you didn't even have to spend barely anything ;X

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Just got my NP5 Shiki, I'm basically done with the event now, though I'll probably clean out the rest of the shop just because I'm so close at this point

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Spectrum wrote: »

It's okay you can just spend that much and get Void Shiki now oh wait you didn't even have to spend barely anything ;X

For reference for everyone else. Fate/Zero was $1000 on blu-ray at release by Aniplex, 'on sale' for only $800 or $400 per cour/season. Years later you can now buy it on 'sale' for $300 ($150 per season).
    Fate/Unlimited Blade Works was priced exorbitantly high as well. It's only English blu-ray release is still sitting at $180 a season, or $360 total.
    It's not just Fate. Madoka Magica was $300 for 12 episodes at release and is now $150. Meanwhile the movies now cost $300.
    March Comes Like a Lion? Your Lie in April? $130 per season as the sale price.
    Durarara!, Anonhana, Monogatari, Sword Art Online, etc. It's all the same overpricing by as much as they think they can get away with.

Every other publisher is, for the most part, $40-60 per season/cour for a brand new release, then discounts as time passes.
    Not Aniplex though. No sir. It sucks that they have the rights to so many good things.

So yeah. It would be nice to own some Fate Blu-Rays and not just posters and some figures but I don't want to support those prices.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited February 2018

For reference for everyone else. Fate/Zero was $1000 on blu-ray at release by Aniplex, 'on sale' for only $800 or $400 per cour/season. Years later you can now buy it on 'sale' for $300 ($150 per season).
    Fate/Unlimited Blade Works was priced exorbitantly high as well. It's only English blu-ray release is still sitting at $180 a season, or $360 total.
    It's not just Fate. Madoka Magica was $300 for 12 episodes at release and is now $150. Meanwhile the movies now cost $300.
    Durarara!, Anonhana, Monogatari, Sword Art Online, etc. It's all the same overpricing by as much as they think they can get away with.

Every other publisher is, for the most part, $40-60 per season/cour for a brand new release, then discounts as time passes.
    Not Aniplex though. No sir. It sucks that they have the rights to so many good things.

So yeah. It would be nice to own some Fate Blu-Rays and not just posters and some figures but I don't want to support those prices.
    I'm perplexed they keep being able to get good series and sell them at those prices. Who the hell is buying?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

I'm perplexed they keep being able to get good series and sell them at those prices. Who the hell is buying?

No idea.

If someone wants to support the creators and get some merch, they can buy at least two very expensive and highly detailed figures of the series for cheaper than buying a series from Aniplex.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I haven't touched the event at all. I need to get farming like a mad man.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I haven't touched the event at all. I need to get farming like a mad man.

It's pretty grindy! But the shop has good stuff and Shiki is well worth it. We wish you luck.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost This is also my fault Registered User regular
    I kind of am enjoying how this event plays more than previous ones, despite it also being a grind-a-thon. Just need another 50 ghosts to make this Servant permanent...

• Options
    I kind of am enjoying how this event plays more than previous ones, despite it also being a grind-a-thon. Just need another 50 ghosts to make this Servant permanent...

I love that the dialog pokes fun at past events and singularities.

• Options
    I think my favorite thing in the event was Mash and Leonidas

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Are there any evil shield users, anyways?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Depends on if Moriarty's thing qualifies.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

That isn't a shield it is Gungrave style fucking coffin gun

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

That isn't a shield it is Gungrave style fucking coffin gun

All I know is that it reminds me of Wolfwood's cross gun and he definitely used it as a shield.

• Options
    I just want a Tsukihime event so I can have a Melty Blood event following it later so I can get Sion Eltnam Atlasia as a servant. Is it too much to ask to get my favorite fighting game character as a Servant?

Remember when Tsukihime/Melty Blood was relevant to Type Moon and Arc was on everything next to Saber?

(Sorry, I've been playing UNIEL[st] again with it's English release.)

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

Diehard fans, I guess? I'd pony up for Durarara! x2 if they'd release it.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    I think I'll just stick to Grand Order

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    Wait. Wait a tick.

*squints at the silhouette of the person on the Rooftop*

...I think I know who this is.
    That's Edmonte's silhouette isn't it? The hat, the coat, even the hair. And he's an Avenger, so it makes sense with his dialogue!

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    yep, that's the Count

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I think I'll just stick to Grand Order

Strange Fake is real good, but I don't know where you can find it above board.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    New Servant coming with the JP KNK Rerun
    FyVFM8rTv4hVvANQxnVQYy-VO4IfpUu26ueawNKR4EE.jpg?w=680&s=da459c1e21059d1bce949a377f766ef9

Asagami, 4* Archer.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Also a subtle animation update for Assassin Shiki's NP

• Options
    She's an...Archer.

Huh. I''d have laid odds on Caster or maybe Rider.

• Options
    Watch as there's a surprise 2nd half banner.

• Options
    Was looking at the list of Lancers, and while I've got the problem that there are too many awesome Archers that I want

Man, there are fuck all Lancers I care about

• Options
    Was looking at the list of Lancers, and while I've got the problem that there are too many awesome Archers that I want

Tamamo Lancer?

• Options
    edited February 2018

Tamamo Lancer?

Meh

I actually do kinda want Enkidu I guess, but that's about it, even the 4* Lancers don't really do it for me, and like for every other class I could point out at least one or two 4*s that I'm really excited for

I guess it doesn't help that they "wasted" the best Lancer by making him a 3*, thankfully he's also actually good

Maddoc on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    She's an...Archer.

Huh. I''d have laid odds on Caster or maybe Rider.

eh, she's not really a mage or anything (which means nothing, considering, yeah), the only really notable power she's got is bending stuff. she attacks stuff from a distance, and the archer class is made up of archers.

also hahaha
    dcP6StZ.jpg

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Mostly I'm just happy we got Fujino and not Azaka

Azaka is the wooooooorst

• Options
  • Options
    All 100 Missions now completed, including the secret unlock after Mission 100. Why did I even fight her? Who knows.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Dammit. 15k HP off being able to get Altria down before she NP'd. Oh well, still had a pretty easy time with her. Tesla, Waver, support Gil is actually pretty good at ST even though they're AOE NPs because they gain so much they could NP twice each in 5 turns after burning each of theirs on Turn 1/2 to open.

Event basically cleared. Some last minute farming to finish clearing Gold Berserker gems out and some lingering blues and that's it.
    edit: no, wait, forgot I finished Golds. Just the last blues then and then figure out if I care to go back for the MPs.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg