As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Glory lies beyond the horizon

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Better yet, my hyped character is supposed to be designed by Shirow Miwa.

More modernly, some people might know him from the anime Kiznaiver or the video game series 7th Dragon which he's done the character designs for, or for his Japanese-releases RWBY official artwork.

I know him from his really good seinen dystopian antihero gun-fu manga Dogs: Bullets & Carnage.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have next to no knowledge of other Fate stuff beyond Stay Night and its variants so every time a new Servant pops up it's entirely new to me.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Stills with new characters and some scenes from the trailer.
    6epfxTH.jpg

Sigurd is the one with glasses in the bottom right.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Man, do I want

(Future servants spoilers)
    Sherlock Holmes a lot

Shame he’ll be coming out right before Summer 2: Nero Edition

• Options
    Question, will the big fiery thing be a Servant?
    I'm guessing that's Surtr considering the heavy Norse theming in those pictures.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I'm guessing that's Surtr considering the heavy Norse theming in those pictures.

I have no idea how they would justify that outcome.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

I have no idea how they would justify that outcome.

Throw a poke'ball at 'em?

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    By waving their hands and shouting “it’s cool, so whatever!”

It’s the Fate Franchise Way.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    BugBoy wrote: »
    By waving their hands and shouting “it’s cool, so whatever!”

It’s the Fate Franchise Way.

Oh, absolutely. They've long since abandoned any pretense of rules to the whole thing, at least within the scope of F/GO. I just have no idea what kind of hand-wavey explanation they'd use.
    I mean, Angra Mainyu's from F/SN to begin with so whatever, anyone can be summoned I guess... though he wasn't really evil until he was summoned as evil. But whatever, details.

A walking norse apocalypse can totally be managed I guess. I wish they stuck more to the whole divine spirits != servants rule though.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Artemis set a precedent for Divine Spirits being summoned, so they could go back to that well. No clue if there’s a Norse Hero that would be appropriate for Surtr to hijack though.

• Options
    I got Gawain, the one of the three I don't like at all, character wise, with my single 10 pull. Stupid asshole buster gorilla. :(

Now to save for Summer. Sorry LArtoria, but I have higher priorities.

• Options
    Put in a handful of tickets. Got my first Billy the Kid (which, eh...), got Gawain. Was hoping for Artoria, but I've yet to have her show up in any form and that streak continues.

Saving for summer continues now.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Saw someone on twitter post about pulling LArtoria with a single roll so I went for it.
    hKvXklj.png?1

The connection died literally in the middle of rolling her and I freaked out a bit, but fuck yeah!

Maybe this will inspire me to actually start playing this game again. Or at least get through Camelot to hear that sweet boss theme.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I hate you.
    (Grats.)

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I'm trying to track down a theme from Camelot and not having much success.
    It's from when Merlin is having that monologue about Bedivere in Avalon, before you fight LArtoria. Might've been used earlier because I don't usually have the audio on for this game.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Tiny baby try for Lion King...

Handful of tickets: Black Grail and a couple misc 4* CEs.

One single futile 10 roll:
    qxl6DQ7l.png

I don't even know what to make of those results. I guess I've had worse but...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Against my better judgement, I burned my tickets on this banner
    Volumen Hydrargyrum! Sweet!

OH SHIT TRISTAN!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I threw in some tickets. Nothing. Sigh. I'll learn some day.

Now I have no reason to log in for the next few weeks.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Skeith wrote: »
    I'm trying to track down a theme from Camelot and not having much success.
    It's from when Merlin is having that monologue about Bedivere in Avalon, before you fight LArtoria. Might've been used earlier because I don't usually have the audio on for this game.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Got Tristan in a handful of tickets. Guess I'm good on archers for pretty much forever, now (but I'll still roll for Tomoe). Happy to get him, since he's one of those really good characters that you don't actually see very much of.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Lostbelt #2 is officially out now in JP. First banner is Valkyrie as a permanent 4 star and a rotating limited Sigurd or limited animation-updated Brynhild(r) depending on the day (or both in the final days). Good luck to our mad JP players.

Sigurd's NP.
    There are no words to describe how much I want this guy. Design wise he's like a Saber Krusty (from Log Horizon).

Valkyrie's NP
    Brynhildr's new animations.
    And here's the full 30-second Teaser.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIfVIxmGUhg

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Note that the Valkyrie are a hive unit like Hundred Face, and have three different personas in their ascension art

Takeuchi drew them, and gave them all the same face. And an identical pose to that of his Jeanne art.

Takeuchi...

• Options
    Note that the Valkyrie are a hive unit like Hundred Face, and have three different personas in their ascension art

Takeuchi drew them, and gave them all the same face. And an identical pose to that of his Jeanne art.

Takeuchi...

Look! They're totally different! The first is scowling at you! While the 2nd and 3rd only ignore your existence!

Yeah, it's kinda silly. Still, the third one is closer to female Gilgamesh. One day.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT SIGURD'S ATTACK STAT! Dude is officially Saber Jalter.

Edit: Okay, so not that freakishly high. Still, he's the king of the Sabers in attack stat.

Base attack at 90 is 12465, 5th highest in the game and tied with Okita Alter. Higher is Jalter (13244), Cu Alter (12805), Kintoki (12712) and Edmond Dantès (12641). And only the first three have a single target NP. Dude is going to destroy Lancers and Berserkers.

His HP is also 13975 at base which is way higher than those 4 with higher attack stats.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Please

Some good servants that aren't buster, please

Fortunately meta matters very little in FGO, but still

• Options
    edited July 2018
    They couldn't make him as good as the waifus like Jalter, but he still looks good. He has Guts on his Mana Burst instead of Dodge or Invulnerability. And it has a longer cooldown because it's a Guts skill and DW overvalues those for some reason with longer cooldowns compared to the much better 'avoid all damage' skills for some insane reason.

The first skill is +100% Crit Damage up three turns but only three attacks (i.e. a single Brave chain). 5 turn cooldown max rank. . Second skill is the Mana Burst +50% Buster + Guts (3 turns) on a longer 7 turn CD max rank. Third skill is ally star-gen up +100% for 1 Turn and a party debuff immunity on a 5 turn cooldown max rank. With a single target Buster NP. The dude is literally the Buster/Crit meta.

On the plus side, the dude is stylish as fuck. And his first ascensions even come with a facemask.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    They couldn't make him as good as the waifus like Jalter, but he still looks good. He has Guts on his Mana Burst instead of Dodge or Invulnerability. And it has a longer cooldown because it's a Guts skill and DW overvalues those for some reason with longer cooldowns compared to the much better 'avoid all damage' skills for some insane reason.

The first skill is +100% Crit Damage up three turns but only three attacks (i.e. a single Brave chain). 5 turn cooldown max rank. . Second skill is the Mana Burst +50% Buster + Guts (3 turns) on a longer 7 turn CD max rank. Third skill is ally star-gen up +100% for 1 Turn and a party debuff immunity on a 5 turn cooldown max rank. With a single target Buster NP. The dude is literally the Buster/Crit meta.

On the plus side, the dude is stylish as fuck. And his first ascensions even come with a facemask.

Amusingly it sounds like he pairs extremely well with Brinhildr.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    He's single target buster Saber with a mana burst, so he'll never be terrible because he's got very little competition

But that skill lineup doesn't really look good to me either. He needs either external support or a CE to make sure he can actually gather crit stars, since Sabers have naturally mediocre star gather rate (Better than Berserker, Caster, and Lancer, worse than Archer and Rider, roughly tied with Assassin)

I also don't really love the Jack/Raikou/Jalter style of putting the survival skill on the damage boost skill.

Hopefully his cards are really good

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Lostbelt Caster spotted in that trailer. Wonder when she'll get a banner...

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Should probably be in a week or so

Her identity has been confirmed too
    It's Skadi

Possessing scathach or something

• Options
    Should probably be in a week or so

Her identity has been confirmed too
    It's Skadi

Possessing scathach or something

GIVE.

• Options
    Oh and there's also
    A Ainu mythological figure

Possessing Ilya

If you ask me, one Ilya was one too many. But I guess the psudeoservangs bring in money

• Options
    You know if they're going to combine Celtic and Norse together then
    Have Surtr possess Fionn.

BURNING ONLY MAKES HIM STRONGER

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    He's single target buster Saber with a mana burst, so he'll never be terrible because he's got very little competition

But that skill lineup doesn't really look good to me either. He needs either external support or a CE to make sure he can actually gather crit stars, since Sabers have naturally mediocre star gather rate (Better than Berserker, Caster, and Lancer, worse than Archer and Rider, roughly tied with Assassin)

I also don't really love the Jack/Raikou/Jalter style of putting the survival skill on the damage boost skill.

Hopefully his cards are really good

QAABB. Q 4 Hits. A 3 Hits. B 2 Hits. EX 5 Hits.
    NP Gain 0.62 / hit. 3.0 on taking damage.
    Star Generation: 10%

Has Riding A (10% buff to that Quick card).

Musashi is probably gonna be the better all-rounder Buster Single-target Saber but Sigurd still looks solid and more-damaging with his crit skill (in the right party) and his super-high stats.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Some Lostbelt spoilers for the post Lostbelt #2 cliffhanger, teasing Lostbelt #3. But you might be interested if you like other Nasuverse properties. No spoilers for Lostbelt #2 itself.
    A giant island appears before the party as they are floating in the sea in the year 2000, and a voice on the island calls out to them, stating:

zsjH2aK.jpg

My name is Sion
    Sion Eltnum Sokalis

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO EXPECTED A MELTY BLOOD CAMEO BEFORE A TSUKIHIME ONE!?!?!?!

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    above lostbelt spoiler
    Sure, I'll pull for an Archetype Earth character.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    You know the more I learn about Shakespeare's portrayal in Apocrypha and how he was always seeking a good story, regardless of how it happened, the more I like that kind of character as a writer myself. It's a very understandable motivation to sometimes just want to throw a spanner in the works and see what happens. Things a little too peaceful? Time for some CONFLICT!

• Options
    In other news. Caster Shihou is a Quick/Crit Support.
    No NP or Star Gen Numbers Yet since this is from a foe version.
    Likewise, no numbers or cooldowns on the skills yet.
    lLoZIRX.jpg

Passives:
    Territory Creation EX: +12% Arts
    Item Creation A: +10% Debuff Success Rate
    Divine Goddess Core A: +250 Damage, 25% Debuff Resistance

Noble Phantasm: Gate of Skye A+
    50% Crit Damage Up All Allies, 3 Times/Ally, 5 Turns. (Probably what increases with higher NP numbers.)
    Dodge 1 Hit All Allies, 3 Turns.
    Nullify Instant Death 1 Time, 3 Turns.
    Damage Reduction 500-1500 (Overcharge)

Deck: QQAAB.
    Quick 4 Hits.
    Arts 3 Hits.
    Buster 4 Hits.
    Extra 5 Hits.

Skill 1: AoE Debuff Resist, Defense, & Crit Chance Down on Enemies.
    Skill 2: Targeted NP Gage Charge.
    Skill 3: Targeted Quick Up & Quick Card Crit Damage Up, 3 Turns.

We're gonna have to wait till someone has her as an actual servant to get full numbers.

The people who like NEET Princess have to be sad now. :(

• Options
    edited July 2018
    above lostbelt spoiler
    Sure, I'll pull for an Archetype Earth character.
    I really want to say that's absurd, there's no way to justify her.

But they already put in Void Shiki.

Edit:
    To clarify:
    The only reason the whole Solomon thing is even an issue after she shows up is that she's the walking incarnation of apathy.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Some Lostbelt spoilers for the post Lostbelt #2 cliffhanger, teasing Lostbelt #3. But you might be interested if you like other Nasuverse properties. No spoilers for Lostbelt #2 itself.
    A giant island appears before the party as they are floating in the sea in the year 2000, and a voice on the island calls out to them, stating:

zsjH2aK.jpg

My name is Sion
    Sion Eltnum Sokalis

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO EXPECTED A MELTY BLOOD CAMEO BEFORE A TSUKIHIME ONE!?!?!?!

Oh shit.
    I'm seriously considering stopping all spending of quartz on my JP account for a while.