As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Glory lies beyond the horizon

MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother?Registered User regular
edited April 2018 in Social Entropy++
y7STNVn.png
n4xDSJV.jpg

Keeping this pretty lightweight this time since I couldn't grab my dumb OP from before and it honestly isn't worth saving.

FATE/GRAND ORDER is a gacha-style mobile game from Aniplex based on the popular multimedia series about summoning dubiously historical figures to fight in a crazy anime proxy war.

hFG9tI4.png

FRIEND CODE SPREADSHEET

Maddoc on

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Hello BFL from whenever we hit page 100 of this thread

I wonder what gold servants you will have pulled in my future

We shall see

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I love how in this event the Servants are basically squatters.

Also Anne and Mary succumbed to the darkest temptation.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Friendly reminder to announce yourself loudly in this thread if you start playing this game and to post your friend code, so we can shower you with friend requests. :heartbeat:

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Room 801 was a treat.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Room 801 was a treat.

Room 801 was great, but I think 701 was my favorite.
    For whatever reason, watching Mash get really upset on Leonidas's behalf amused me a lot.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Just unlocked and finished Room 804. Need to use my command seals on that one because hoo boy three turn enemy NP charges and one of them likes to spam an AoE stun move.

Now to clean up the remaining missions. By the looks of it I need to go punch Vlad a lot for Male, Evil, and Berserker.

Edit: Yup. Charted it out and I have a clean path now.

x10 Vlad
    x1 Phantom
    x12 Stheno
    x6 Marie

That'll finish off my remaining missions.

Madican on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Just unlocked and finished Room 804. Need to use my command seals on that one because hoo boy three turn enemy NP charges and one of them likes to spam an AoE stun move.
    Amusingly, I brought out the classic dead time farm team for that and ran it over.

Lancelot+Kscope, Waver, Support Lancelot+Kscope

Lancelot NP -> triple crit Brave chain -> (dead turn due to stun in which I counter Stun with Waver's NP that he charged last turn) -> Lancelot NP (MHX is dead) -> triple crit (someone else is dead) -> cleanup turn

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    Highest room right now is 603. I'm on the verge of hitting 60 missions completed to unlock the Parking Lot. Feels like there's plenty of time to get this event done, which I really appreciate! I think I've popped maybe 2 or 3 apples just because I had time and wanted to keep playing.

Kintoki still has a spot on every team I make, golden boy just pukes damage. <3

• Options
    I honestly don't get why Kintoki is good. I've tried his NP on Supports and it just doesn't hit very hard. 65K-80K. Meanwhile Heracles is going ham on the target for upwards of 100K.

• Options
    I honestly don't get why Kintoki is good. I've tried his NP on Supports and it just doesn't hit very hard. 65K-80K. Meanwhile Heracles is going ham on the target for upwards of 100K.
    Kintoki has crazy NP gain and a much better Steroid (vs Herc's NP does decrease DEF of the target afterwards). Hercs hitting that hard are probably NP3 or 4 or something is my guess.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Got my first servant to 10/10/10 (David)

Now to farm endless pages for Waver and Tamamo

And QP

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Kintoki is probably the "purest" Berserker

Three Buster cards and a singel target Buster NP, and Animal Communication seriously helps fix Berserkers godawful NP gain so that he can actually use his NP

The only real advantage Heracles has, aside from being the king of the final bench slot clean up, is that as a 4* you're more likely to have a higher NP level but outside of CEs and support characters he has no way to fill his NP meter by himself

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    We're a little deep into the event now, but reddit put together a 'efficient run-through guide' for the event.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DZr4lpHw6FEmN7J3J4u-9mAgfx7CUgJVeYPbhsLwm9I/edit#gid=1420598340

Also, regarding the question from last thread about the availability of support servants, I wonder if there's some limit, or timing to how many people get to use a certain person's servant at once. I know that Vagrant Wind's Void Shiki with MLB Puppeteer doesn't come up all that often while I'm grinding the parking lot... Hey, @vagrant_winds just how many friend points a day are you pulling in from people running her? :lol:

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Kintoki is probably the "purest" Berserker

Three Buster cards and a singel target Buster NP, and Animal Communication seriously helps fix Berserkers godawful NP gain so that he can actually use his NP

The only real advantage Heracles has, aside from being the king of the final bench slot clean up, is that as a 4* you're more likely to have a higher NP level but outside of CEs and support characters he has no way to fill his NP meter by himself

Ehhh. I always pair Heracles with Waver anyway so NP gain isn't an issue. Plus Kintoki tends to get shit on by anything and everything while Heracles is popping survival cooldowns in between violent beatdowns.

• Options
    Finally able to spend my first Grails. Feelsgoodman

0yWN6d3h.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I ran out of Embers, so sad

She's definitely up for grail as soon as I can scrounge up enough embers though

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Amusingly, I brought out the classic dead time farm team for that and ran it over.

Lancelot NP -> triple crit Brave chain -> (dead turn due to stun in which I counter Stun with Waver's NP that he charged last turn) -> Lancelot NP (MHX is dead) -> triple crit (someone else is dead) -> cleanup turn

Guess I'm putting a scope back on my Lancelot.

edit- might as well ask, does Reverse Flow of Mana make him a better Berserker? I've finally gotten Heracles to fourth ascension but I haven't thrown Fous at him yet, compared to Lancelot who I've maxed out (NP as well, because I went full Ahab for Scathach).

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »

Guess I'm putting a scope back on my Lancelot.

edit- might as well ask, does Reverse Flow of Mana make him a better Berserker? I've finally gotten Heracles to fourth ascension but I haven't thrown Fous at him yet, compared to Lancelot who I've maxed out (NP as well, because I went full Ahab for Scathach).
    Soooooooort of. The crit damage is nice but you'll want a card shuffle to get a better chance that he has his stuff up if you're trying to crit Brave chain with him again after presumably using his NP on a full wave.

I don't think we'll get that skill for awhile, though?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Also, regarding the question from last thread about the availability of support servants, I wonder if there's some limit, or timing to how many people get to use a certain person's servant at once. I know that Vagrant Wind's Void Shiki with MLB Puppeteer doesn't come up all that often while I'm grinding the parking lot... Hey, @vagrant_winds just how many friend points a day are you pulling in from people running her? :lol:

About 5000 a day right now.

• Options
    I'm currently getting about 2,000 a day with my Level 80 Jack. Would probably be higher with a Level 90 but Embers. Gonna be in the Hand Mines after this event.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

At NP1 with level 10 skills and only using their own buffs, Kintoki hits for 64.5K while Herc hits for 51.5K. Here's a useful site.
    If you're using my Herc, it's because he's 10/10/10 and NP3. He's doing +50% the damage of an NP1 Herc, so I guess he'd hit 77K without external buffs or notable CE boosts.

The big differences lie in the details:
    10,655 ATK vs. 12,712 ATK
    +31% ATK vs. +50% ATK
    +8% Buster vs. +2% Buster
    +200 damage vs. +130 damage
    Reduces defence by 10% after hit vs. ignores defence

Really, though, the big difference is that Kintoki has a 30%-50% NP skill and his only defensive skill is healing for 1000-3000HP, while Herc has a dodge and Guts and a 3*Guts Bond CE. Also, Herc's +ATK lasts for three turns.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Kintoki with Halloween Princess or another good 50% NP booster is such a beast. I use him for very close to 100% of content on my chinese account (largely because I don't care about that account, so of course I'm going to berserker my way as much as possible).

The other side of this coin is that Herc is pretty much unanimously considered to be the best 4* servant in the game. The fact that he can even be compared to Kintoki in terms of damage output is completely ridiculous, because he's so much better at surviving. Especially once he gets his bond CE. I remember people being baffled as to why he's a 4* in this game, only to eventually realize that he might as well be a 5* who just happens to be easier to obtain.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Yeah, my Herc will be a FULLY OPERATIONAL BATTLESTATION in... 187,100BP. So, what, 715/40AP Ember, 262 runs, 37 days worth of AP? Assuming I don't do any event stuff, which isn't likely.
    I reckon I'll get that snowy castle before May, though.

I should probably toss a grail or two at Herc, but I'm kind of strapped for Embers right now.

• Options
    Yeah, my Herc hit bond level 9 during this event. Soon, soon...

As much as he deserves it, I'm probably not going to grail him. At the very least, my next three are already slated for Babbage.

• Options
    Jesus, room 801

That took me by surprise

• Options
    Meanwhile, I have Herc, but he's near the lowest priorities of leveling for me for my Berserkers. I realize he's effective, I just... don't care as much for him. Let me know when Archer Herc comes to Grand Order and I'd be way more interested.

I tend to use my Grail'd Nero or Cu as my last-man-standing instead. As long as you're not fighting Archers, Nero in the final slot still does great damage and is immortal.

• Options
    Heracles is my default choice for "This room has a bunch of different type enemies and/or I just want to smash my way through low-level content." I might give him two Grails in the future if I get him to NP5, he's currently NP3, and get his Bond CE because really at that point he's going to be just about on level with Cuserker in terms of survivability. He really shines during events though, where I have limited cost due to having to slot in different CE's and a 4* roided up Berserker is worth its weight in gold.

Spent the evening farming Stheno and Vlad. Just imagine that one gif of a bunch of clones scrolling by while someone is repeatedly punching them in the face and that's about it.

• Options
    I tend to run Arts or Arts/Buster comps, so Vlad works better for my purposes. Or Lancelot for farming.

Though interestingly enough, my second maxed Berserker will probably be my Tamacat. She's not quite as good as Lancelot in farming, but mine's NP5 and she was one of my first servants that carried me early. Plus, she's adorable.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    86/98 done now

As soon as I kill six more evil servants and clean up some other assorted missions I'll have my NP5 Shiki as well

804 was kind of a pain in the ass, but I barely managed it without a command seal
    Heracles is my default choice for "This room has a bunch of different type enemies and/or I just want to smash my way through low-level content." I might give him two Grails in the future if I get him to NP5, he's currently NP3, and get his Bond CE because really at that point he's going to be just about on level with Cuserker in terms of survivability. He really shines during events though, where I have limited cost due to having to slot in different CE's and a 4* roided up Berserker is worth its weight in gold.

Spent the evening farming Stheno and Vlad. Just imagine that one gif of a bunch of clones scrolling by while someone is repeatedly punching them in the face and that's about it.

Almost missed this, but Heracles' survivability is very different from Cu Alter's

Heracles needs to be the only servant left on the field, otherwise he'll just get killed repeatedly in a single turn

Maddoc on
  • Options
    86/98 done now

As soon as I kill six more evil servants and clean up some other assorted missions I'll have my NP5 Shiki as well

804 was kind of a pain in the ass, but I barely managed it without a command seal

Almost missed this, but Heracles' survivability is very different from Cu Alter's

Heracles needs to be the only servant left on the field, otherwise he'll just get killed repeatedly in a single turn

Heracles is plenty survivable in a regular party, but yes, he becomes something legendary when he is riding solo.
    Cu Alter definitely beats him in the survivability department under regular circumstances. Protection from Arrows was never fair skill, and even a toned down version of it is not at all reasonable on a 5* Berserker.

That's another situation where you just need to be fair, though. Cu Alter beats most servants in most departments.

• Options
    86/98 done now

Heracles is plenty survivable in a regular party, but yes, he becomes something legendary when he is riding solo.
    Cu Alter definitely beats him in the survivability department under regular circumstances. Protection from Arrows was never fair skill, and even a toned down version of it is not at all reasonable on a 5* Berserker.

That's another situation where you just need to be fair, though. Cu Alter beats most servants in most departments.

Cu Alter, Jeanne Alter, Merlin

Team "Never Say Die"

• Options
    Jeanne, Tamamo, Medea Lily

Team "Put Us Out of Our Misery, We Cannot Die"

• Options

I keep seeing variants of this popping up on the Reddit against the 6.6 million HP ghosts.

And I cannot fathom why anyone would actually do it.

• Options
    edited February 2018

urDKupp.jpg

Maddoc on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Does Shiki stay around after this event or is it a limited thing?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    As long as you pick up a second Shiki, all your Shikis are permanent

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Assassin Shiki is the event reward
    Saber Shiki is event-only gacha.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Clear Room 504 and Assassin Shiki joins as permanent.

• Options
    I made a pitstop. Void Shiki is lvl90 now.

(Which also got my Georgios to 65 and my Boudicia to 60/70 with a Strengthening quest to do after this event.)

• Options
    edited February 2018
    The Kara no Kyoukai movies just got added to crunchyroll

Go watch, friends

Butler For Life #1 on