As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Looking ahead at the Anniversary, the 15 3-pulls for realm stuff has a lot of potential for dupes/trash, and nothing new on them.

Assuming we get the string of 3-draws, I am looking at it as a block of guaranteed 15 relics for 75 mythril, with possibility for more. Even if 80% of the items I receive are useless junk, statistically I should get 2 or 3 items that are powerful or are otherwise things I'm happy about, which is a good value IMO. I like getting a big variety of stuff on the cheap, and then using targeted pulls to fill in.
    Javen wrote: »
    If Cloud's LM2 doesn't have a chance at doublecasting his BSB3 commands, it seems rather useless in practice, but we'll see I supppose

IMO the main value of Cloud BSB3 is getting a dark aura to combine with his USB, there are very few burst commands I bother with any more and I'm not expecting this one to be an exception.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Looking ahead at the Anniversary, the 15 3-pulls for realm stuff has a lot of potential for dupes/trash, and nothing new on them.

Assuming we get the string of 3-draws, I am looking at it as a block of guaranteed 15 relics for 75 mythril, with possibility for more. Even if 80% of the items I receive are useless junk, statistically I should get 2 or 3 items that are powerful or are otherwise things I'm happy about, which is a good value IMO. I like getting a big variety of stuff on the cheap, and then using targeted pulls to fill in.
    If Cloud's LM2 doesn't have a chance at doublecasting his BSB3 commands, it seems rather useless in practice, but we'll see I supppose

IMO the main value of Cloud BSB3 is getting a dark aura to combine with his USB, there are very few burst commands I bother with any more and I'm not expecting this one to be an exception.

Cloud LM2 not doublecasting his burst commands (assuming they're Heavy Combat typed) is not that bad. None of the current crop of Heavy Combat users have a means to doublecast either, so Cloud's not a special snowflake there.

However, his Cmd2 giving him 2 combo points for Heavy Combat means with his USB active, you can pull out an 8-hit overflow Evil Swing and then throw out some Omega Drives for continued uncapped damage.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

edited February 2018
    Hmm, hopefully at least one of Sora/Riku has "+30% Keyblade damage" as their RM99.

eta: google translate of the KH event details page is a treasure

Fry on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I’ll probably pull here because the banner seems decent, kingdom hearts was fun when I was a kid, and I don’t really like the fest banners very much so not that tempted. And if I got super lucky with sora I wouldn’t need the ice/lit fest banner that I’m looking at the hardest anyway.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Hello there my little bundles of milksop rabble

Just pulled on the godlandeau banner, gaffgarion/11

Carry on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I feel good about the KH banner. Any Sora relic could probably be used to do some real work, considering how good his Legend Dive is. Gonna have to see what Riku's Dive is, though.

I feel like the biggest booby prize is Cloud's BSB3.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I feel good about the KH banner. Any Sora relic could probably be used to do some real work, considering how good his Legend Dive is. Gonna have to see what Riku's Dive is, though.

I feel like the biggest booby prize is Cloud's BSB3.

Yeah, the lack of SSBs and the fact that Sora can put in work with any relic plus an LM of choice (even the GSBs give him an easy way to boost SPB damage) means the average banner quality isn't bad.

Riku's AOSB BSB are pretty average, and I'd argue that they're the consolation prizes. Cloud BSB3 gets a lot more useful once we get the dark element Heavy Combat skills.

The booby prize is Cloud's new LMR. 35% chance to gain quickcast 1 on dark element skills is trash. Doublecasts are infinitely better to equip, starting with QC or IC3 is also preferable to a chance to trigger a minor speed buff, and Cloud's BSB3 CMD1 gives him QC3, 100% of the time. It just requires you to have the BSB3 active.

I forgot that LMR. Yeah, that's the booby prize.

Enlong wrote: »
    I forgot that LMR. Yeah, that's the booby prize.

Same, it was so bad my mind blanked it out.

I just don't see the point of that LMR's existence. Cloud has no dark damage aside from his USB, BSB3, or Heavy Combat. The LMR does nothing for the USB, you wouldn't use Heavy Combat without en-dark, and the only thing that lets him have both en-dark and Heavy Combat abilities is his BSB3, which already has a better version built in.

Unless they buff Cloud to have 5* Darkness access it's a glorified +10 ATK.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I don't really understand cloud having dark damage, he didn't seem like the villain of that game.
    Counterpoint: Cloud is all things to all people.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

In KH it makes some sense. His Sephiroth issues translate into problems with internal Dark in KH games.

edited February 2018
    Fighting Cloud in Hercules' Coliseum is one of my strongest memories of Kingdom Hearts (and then in KH2, you fight him in...Hollow Bastion, I think?), so I am super pumped for both his wardrobe record and the BSB3.

The new Cloud LMR is certainly the booby prize - it's pretty bad in a vacuum. But if you are going to be using him for dark damage, either via Heavy Combat or SB spam, it at least does something. His combat and wind-related LMs do nothing in that scenario.

eta: btw, if you were wondering why Cloud is dark element, it's because in KH he is channeling a bit of Sephiroth:
    633px-Cloud_KHREC.png

Fry on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I've got blank MC3s for Sora and Riku ready to go, though I'm also assuming we're get them during the event.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    the quick cast LMRs are just really awful in general. they should be at least 2 casts of quickcast vs 3 for the LM2s. LMR wcast is 25% v 35% for LM2s.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Even quickcast LM2s are awful. I'd accept them as LM1 rank.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I've got blank MC3s for Sora and Riku ready to go, though I'm also assuming we're get them during the event.

Unless we get a character specific MC3, we'll probably have to wait for them to update Hall of Heroes.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Unless we get a character specific MC3, we'll probably have to wait for them to update Hall of Heroes.

True, but if I were them I'd include that in the maintenance happening tonight.

38thDoe wrote: »
    Even quickcast LM2s are awful. I'd accept them as LM1 rank.

Depends on the character, I think. I'd probably use Kefka's quickcast-3 Dark with his BSB2, which demands speed. Or to make his SSB buff perpetual.

New characters almost always get their MC3 unlocked in the Hall when the second half of their event starts. Assuming there isn't a second half to the KH event, Sora and Riku's MC3s should go up in the Hall when the event drops. Or the event might just give out their MC3s directly or in its redemption store.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Wait.

Alma's LM2 is 15% Dualcast White?

You mean I can have Y'Shtola/Vanille/Alma triplecast Curada? :o

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Larsa will join that club before too long, also.

15% is criminally low, but it's certainly possible. Healers with native LM2 doublecasts can do it at 35%, and others with a doublecast LMR (like Iris) get it at 25%.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Is a 15% extra dual-cast chance (with occasional triplecasts) better than the ~10% increased healing you'd be putting in LM1 since that's all healers ever seem to have otherwise?

Edit: You'd be going from 35% chance of dualcast to 44.75% chance of dualcast each turn (+ the small triplecast chance which I'm too lazy to calculate).

Aegis on
    Characters
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Wait.

You mean I can have Y'Shtola/Vanille/Alma triplecast Curada Shellga? :o

Fix'd

Rius wrote: »
    Wait.

You mean I can have Y'Shtola/Vanille/Alma triplecast Curada Shellga? :o

Fix'd

I physically cringed, thanks.

Characters
    Triplecast Faith, but she autotargets herself twice because she has the lowest MAG and therefore must need the spell more than anyone.

Triplecast Curada that "randomly" selects the same person every time please stop what are you doing spread the HP Stock out PLEASE

Characters
    How is Y'sh getting ww-cast chance?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Its so weird to me that this game runs worse on my phone than Opera Omnia does (which is flawless performance surprisingly).

Whenever I get back into it, gonna have to run it on an emulator again.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Her LM2 and Alma's RM2.

Characters
    Oh is that better than Devout's?

Oooooooh

RMs...

They don't go in the LM slots.

I am smrt

Characters
    Sorry, I'm probably being dense, but who has w-cast White RM?

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Devout

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Sorry, I'm probably being dense, but who has w-cast White RM?

Alma's RM2, Monastic Blessings, is small chance to w-cast white abilities.

Her LM2, Saints Reborn, is moderate chance to w-cast white abilities.

edited February 2018
    I usually put Gathering Storm or Mako Might on my healers, but if I need those to be elsewhere, then yeah, Devout's doublecast white RM is my go-to. Triplecast Curada/instant Curaja/medica command is spicy, let me you tell you
    Triplecast Curada that "randomly" selects the same person every time please stop what are you doing spread the HP Stock out PLEASE

Eh, if that happens, it means everyone was full HP anyway, so not that big a deal

Fry on
    I mean, half the reason I'm using Curada is because of the HP Stock, so it's incredibly depressing when it dualcasts onto the same person rather than spreading more HP Stock around.

Characters
    Hmmm...Sora with the USB+BSB+LMR and full LD. Toss on Gathering Storm or a doublecast SPB RM afterwards.

That's a ridiculous amount of damage.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Hmmm...Sora with the USB+BSB+LMR and full LD. Toss on Gathering Storm or a doublecast SPB RM afterwards.

That's a ridiculous amount of damage.

Yeah, it's gonna be awesome when I get that 3/11 with disco and all those items.

*nods convincingly*

This discussion has been closed.