As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I probably just waifu chase too much. Rydia IV drained more than I arguably should have for something which I've bitched about not actually using much.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Marche USB and Ramza LMR off my pull and then I 100gemmed a TGC OSB!

I'm done with this one, TGC USB will come some other time. Think I'll slap shadow dragon around a bit later to try these out.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    JragghenmercurialchemisterElderlycrawfishGnome-InterruptusGnizmoRiusFrySpectrumsilence1186ArdorDarklyre
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    There's nothing I can do with this giant pile of Enkidus I am accumulating, is there. I mean apart from wish a few of them were Fenrirs and Wing Raptors...

• IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    Well this arrived with an odd lack of buzz. I saved over 350 Mythril for this event. First draw and turns out I am already done:
    9hzc0q8lpfi2.jpg
    While I could retry for the Burlgar Sword, I have so many dupes on this banner now, it's not really worth it.

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
    MaytagElderlycrawfishNarbusGnome-InterruptusRiusFryArdormercurialchemisterJragghenDarklyreAegisStilts
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I knew about the attack boost and doublecast, but the 100% on cast, AND 100% crit EX mode is completely ridiculous. Is it because they couldn't decide whether to give him enholy or endark, so they just gave a buff that would effectively do both?

And his dive is innnnnfiniiite haaaaaaste!

Does the atk buff stack with other 50% buffs?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Should still have 10 pulls for Banner 3 and 5 on the Fest, give or take however much free mythril we actually get, but I would have liked at least some kind of Ramza relic :(
    ...are you the guy everyone is talking about with people who got a lot of Mythril out of Renewal and it's still distorting things? ;P

I'm budgeted to 2 pulls on Banner 5 and that basically bottoms me out for Mythril.

I had 670 mythril going into this from Renewal, yes.

I really think this is the reason daily missions didn't come back. They probably weren't thinking ahead when they did renewals since it was the only event global did, and then someone found out they GAVE OUT HOW MUCH MYTHRIL? damage control. Etc.

Great for people who got more than 30 mythril from renewals.

At least I got accessories out of it.

That's even worse, that's negative mythril.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    TGCid USB does the following

Entry is auto crit and gives him 100% crit chance for the duration of his EX mode

Gives him ATK+50% that stacks with other ATK buffs including shout

Grants ability double for Knight and Darkness school (uses 2 hones for a guaranteed double cast)

It's pretty broken yeah

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    But can he break the damage cap? No? Awww. Too bad so sad. G'way Cid. No one wants you or your stupid USB...

(Still salty.)

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

is guardbringer the go-to knight ability to hone for tgcid? or would it now be assault sabre?

ass sabre is less conditional and lets you lifesiphon

Darklyre
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You need four well honed copies of assault saber to do the new torment so get honing.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Beasteh wrote: »

wait why couldn't you lifesiphon with guardbringer?

guardbringer requires a high DEF value to reach the 4 hit threshold, a value you generally can't reach unless you have insane reforged heavy armor, protect and wall

cursedkingNarbusDarklyre
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    cursedking wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »

wait why couldn't you lifesiphon with guardbringer?

My Beatrix - Lvl 99, full LD - needs wall, protect, and the +def from Divine Cross to get full hits out of Guardbringer

Narbus on
    GnizmoJragghen
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Marche and CID are going to DESTROY shadow dragon

we should be getting dark/holy 4* magicites soon (tm)

I have a fully dived kitted out Raines + Cid

its going to be a bloodbath

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Should still have 10 pulls for Banner 3 and 5 on the Fest, give or take however much free mythril we actually get, but I would have liked at least some kind of Ramza relic :(
    ...are you the guy everyone is talking about with people who got a lot of Mythril out of Renewal and it's still distorting things? ;P

I'm budgeted to 2 pulls on Banner 5 and that basically bottoms me out for Mythril.

I really think this is the reason daily missions didn't come back. They probably weren't thinking ahead when they did renewals since it was the only event global did, and then someone found out they GAVE OUT HOW MUCH MYTHRIL? damage control. Etc.

Like, compared to the effectively Neverending bonus that is daily missions? Because otherwise I'm not sure what you mean.

I didn't do any refreshes during renewal, if that's what you mean.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular

Like, compared to the effectively Neverending bonus that is daily missions? Because otherwise I'm not sure what you mean.

I didn't do any refreshes during renewal, if that's what you mean.

I think 38thDoe means it only costs Mithril for the extra equipment inventory.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    38thDoeGnome-Interruptus
    Was dumb and 100 gemmed the banner and got Ramza's BSB2. Which is a dupe. Also I have OKnight's Ninja Mode. :cry:

Didn't get either of Cid'd USB or LMR, or Ramza's LMR, but I've got way too many dupes now to pull again. Here's hoping they don't dick us over on however they rework the Anniversary banners.

• BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    One pull, 2/11: Orlandeau USB, Marche BSB. Not bad. Coming off a 1.5-year hiatus, so I don't have the hones nor the orbs to really exploit the doublecasting, but I think I'll cope somehow.

ElderlycrawfishRiusFrySpectrumArdormercurialchemisterJragghenDarklyre
  • DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    First 4* magicite defeated, Maliris down in 34 seconds. That's with poorly leveled 3* magicite (level 8 and level 6 +water bonuses), so there's some room for improvement in the deck, in addition to this only being my third try on Marilis and Shelke dying before finishing an Entrust cast (chained instant USB casts are nice). Ixion or Kraken will be next.

Tidus CSB/USB/LD, Edge SSB/BSB/LD, Penelo USB, Shelke LD/Entruster, Ramza Shout/LMR/Entruster

Is there some consensus on whether Tidus should CSB then USB, or vice versa?

A duck!RiusGnome-InterruptusSpectrumJragghenDarklyre
    Daffydd wrote: »
    First 4* magicite defeated, Maliris down in 34 seconds. That's with poorly leveled 3* magicite (level 8 and level 6 +water bonuses), so there's some room for improvement in the deck, in addition to this only being my third try on Marilis and Shelke dying before finishing an Entrust cast (chained instant USB casts are nice). Ixion or Kraken will be next.

Tidus CSB/USB/LD, Edge SSB/BSB/LD, Penelo USB, Shelke LD/Entruster, Ramza Shout/LMR/Entruster

Is there some consensus on whether Tidus should CSB then USB, or vice versa?

CSB then USB. Gotta build up that chain.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    For my Marilith runs, I have Tidus USB first so I can instant cast the Chain and still have two quickcasts left over; doing it in the other order, one of the quickcasts gets wasted (because it's doubling up on a turn with the instant cast). My chain gets built up plenty fast with my team, YMMV.

If you have his LMR to start with water aura, probably chain first.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Did an 11 pull since I don't have a ton of dupes. Got 4/11 with a disco. I go in expecting heartbreak because the only one I don't want is Alma's seriously questionable USB. Alma LMR, Orlandeau LMR, Ramza BSB2, and Marche USB! Well that's a pull alright. I have Marche's LMR as well already. Guess it is time to LD him now. Another fire resist shield is also not a bad thing to have at all. Everything but Alma's LMR was pretty awesome to pull honestly. Guess I will have to dive Marche now.

FryDarklyreElderlycrawfishA duck!Gnome-InterruptusSpectrum
    is marche a good character? I have his LMR and USB but nothing else. The usb seems neat?

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    yes, he's quite good. the USB basically gives thunder god mode to everyone in the front row whenever he attacks.

i finally bit the bullet and vaulted all my 30 atk accessories. i have 3 35 atk ones and the extra 10 attack in synergy for one character isn't worth having that many slots occupied.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Fry
    edited February 2018
    Someone called for it, so here it is:

FFT banner review:

Banner 1: Feb 15
    Orlandu USB: 6* holy sword. Holy/dark damage at 100% crit chance, self 100% crit chance, EX Sword Saint (+50% ATK and Ability Double Knight/Darkness). It's pretty amazing: converts orbs into absurd amounts of holy/dark/earth damage.
    Alma USB: 6* holy MND staff. Party Haste + Protect + Shell + High Regen + Reraise + Status Blink. That's an awful lot of effects, but most of them could be covered by abilities and/or other SBs you're using anyway. I don't think this is especially exciting, but at least it is a source of Status Blink.
    Marche USB: Holy aura. Holy/non damage and EX Speed Combo (+30% ATK and Knight abilities grant Physical High Quickcast to front row). Ridiculous DPS in a physical holy party, also pretty darn good for a physical earth party, or any physical party where the element doesn't especially matter.
    Orlandu OSB: 6* holy sword. The best OSB, in addition to massive holy/lit damage it also grants Thunder God mode (triple cast speed). Still great!
    Alma BSB: Party Curaga + Magic Blink. Instant Curaja and medica commands. Great healer burst.
    Ramza BSB2: Holy aura. Party haste and +50% ATK. C1 is one of Ramza's best options for DPS at the moment, C2 is basically Wrath. Good buff, but overshadowed now by Onion's Ninja USB and a broadening cast of other options as time progresses (Quina USB, etc.). Will lose even more value when Hastega becomes an ability you can slot.
    Marche BSB: Holy/non damage and party +30% ATK/MND. C2 grants Sentinel. Not especially great, but occasionally you might have a use for the weird party buff.
    Orlandu BSB: Holy/dark damage and self ATK/DEF buff. Anything with an aura is probably better.
    Gaffgarion BSB: Dark sword. Dark aura.
    Orlandu LMR: Doublecast knight and darkness. Great!
    Alma LMR: 27% chance to add magic blink to single target heals. Great, especially if you are using her burst for Instant Curajas.
    Ramza LMR: Start with full ATB and Instant Cast 1. Great with BSB2/Shout to get Hastega running at 0.27s into the fight, or with USB to give everyone else Instant Cast to turn on Hastega/Wall/etc.
    Marche LMR: +25% Knight damage with sword. Pretty good.
    Alma SSB: Party 3000 HP stock and small holy resist (10%, stacks with itself). Technically it's a medica; in practice, you'd probably be better off with Magic Blink or a damage bubble or some other effect, even against 100% holy damage fights.

Banner 2: Feb 18
    Mustadio USB: 6* fire gun! Imperil fire. Fire/non damage, self Quick Machinist Attacks. If you get lucky, you can stack up a lot of fire weakness with this and Flame Offering. IMO not that great, but if you like Mustadio it'll let you use him decently in a variety of contexts.
    Meliadoul USB: 6* earth light armor! Imperil earth. Earth/holy damage and -50% MAG/DEF/RES. Great boost to your offense and defense in contexts where stat breaks work. Also, it's a very rare piece of earth boosting armor.
    Agrias USB: 6* holy sword. Holy aura. Holy/non damage, -50% ATK/MAG, and self +15% knight damage. Not as good at raw DPS as most knight ultras, but the debuff can make up for that in contexts where stat breaks work.
    Ramza USB: Party +30% ATK/MAG/DEF and Instant Cast 1. Good party buff.
    Mustadio BSB: Damage and -40% ATK/MAG. C1 grants Instant Machinist Attacks 1, C2 is Armor Breakdown. Meh.
    Meliadoul BSB: Earth/holy damage and -50% ATK/DEF. C1 is Power Breakdown, C2 is a small ATK/MAG break. Lets you carry gobs of ATK breaks all on one character, which is great for new players getting up to speed but not very useful for the hardest content.
    Agrias BSB: Holy sword. Imperil holy. C1 grants Sentinel.
    Montblanc BSB: Fire/ice/lit damage and party +30% MAG/DEF. C2 has an additional self MAG buff. It's a mage buff!
    Mustadio LMR: 35% chance to gain Quickcast 1 after Machinist attacks. My least favorite type of LMR in general, and it's a bad combo with what his USB and BSB want to be doing. :(
    Meliadoul LMR: Earth sword! +25% knight damage with sword. It's ok.
    Gaffgarion LMR: Trance: Quickcast. Not bad; Gaff's LM2 is terrible (chance to restore ability use after Dark attack).
    Montblanc LMR1: 35% chance to gain Quickcast 1 after black magic. Meh.
    Agrias LMR: 25% chance to dualcast Knight. Great!
    Ramza SSB2: Party 30% HP shield and +50% critical damage. Awful for general use; can be OK in conjunction with a party crit chance boost, or a character that gets 100% crit chance.

Overall thoughts, future banners, etc.
    Orlandu USB/OSB and Marche USB are all great damage options; Alma BSB is a great healer burst, though you probably have other healer bursts/ultras that are as good or better. Ramza BSB2+LMR is still pretty good for now, but over the next few months the set of alternatives is going to expand greatly, so I would not chase especially hard (unless you love Ramza, of course).

Banner 2 is not especially exciting, though it does have a fire gun, an earth armor, and an earth sword, which are all pretty rare things, so could be worth considering for that purpose.

If you are a fan of Kingdom Hearts, next week's banner(s?) could be amazing. We don't know exactly what's going to be on it, or what the effects will be, but the power level could be pretty high if it's set to what JP currently has going on. What a time to be alive!

Upcoming banners and other events:
    T (you are here)
    Kingdom Hearts (Sora OSB, Riku AOSB, Cloud BSB3, who knows what else?!)
    VIII (Rinoa/Irvine/Fujin/Zell USB; Squall/Laguna/Selphie USB, Squall OSB)
    IX (Beatrix/Freya/Quina/Zidane USB; Kuja/Vivi/Garnet USB, Kuja OSB)
    V (Dorgann/Xezat/Kelger/Galuf USB; Krile/Exdeath USB, Bartz/Krile OSB)
    XII (Vayne/Larsa/Reks/Ashe USB; Gabranth/Vaan OSB, Gabranth/Vaan USB)
    II (Maria/Guy/Emperor USB, Minwu USB2; Josef/Firion/Gordon USB, Maria OSB)
    X (Tidus UOSB, Yuna USB1/2, Rikku USB2; Seymour/Jecht/Paine USB, Seymour Chain)
    I (Garland/Sara/Master/Matoya/WoL USBs, Garland OSB, Garland/WoL Chains, new character Thief)
    XIII (Raines/Nabaat/Hope USB, Vanille USB2; Fang/Snow USB, Fang/Raines OSB)
    III (Arc/Ingus/Aria USB, Onion Ninja USB)
    Type-0 (King USB, Cinque USB, Rem USB, Rem OSB; Nine USB, Machina OSB, Queen OSB, Queen USB)
    VI (Locke UOSB, Locke USB2, Celes USB, Edgar USB; Leo USB, Locke Chain, Terra USB, Relm USB)
    I (WoL UOSB, WoL USB2, WoL Chain, Garland USB)
    IV (Pecil UOSB, Pecil USB2, Decil UOSB, Decil USB; Barbariccia USB, Palom USB, Porom USB, Pecil USB1)
    Dissidia (Garland/CoD/Jecht/Gabranth USBs; Vaan/Shantotto/Luneth USBs, Ace OSB)
    VIII (Laguna Chain, Squall USB2, Seifer USB2, Ultimecia OSB; Laguna/Rinoa/Fujin/Selphie USBs)

Alternate opinions:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/7wvqww/relic_discussion_trapped_by_the_past_harsh_words/

Fry on
    edited February 2018
    is marche a good character? I have his LMR and USB but nothing else. The usb seems neat?

Marche USB is immediate legend dive, unless you hate him as a character or have those motes earmarked for someone else

Fry on
    Darklyre
  • DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    I just realized: when Lightning's OSB was released, it was dismissed as trash because its initial use only does 11.25x, and it increases by .75x per use, meaning it takes three uses to reach the standard 12x. But in combination with her USB and multiple entrusters, it's great as primary DPS for magicite because you'll get multiple 13.5x uses over the course of a fight, especially for 4* magicite.

FryWyvernDarklyreAegisGnizmoGnome-InterruptusBeasteh
  • mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Legend Dive Orlandeau with just OSB? Plenty of the relevant motes but I suppose I should wait until after next fest to see who to dive and who not to...

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I have TGCid OSB and BSB, I'm likely not pulling for his USB since I'd only have enough mythril for one pull and would rather save for next month. I'm super tempted to LD him, what are the thoughts here about diving him? I guess I haven't read much, so figured I'd ask for advice!

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    With just OSB, it's a thought: perma-haste and instant cast allows you to get the first cast off right at the start of the fight and get TGCid mode up and running. Bring powerchain and all future casts will also avoid the long cast time.

OSB/BSB, same deal except slightly less useful due to long casts on the CMDs makes it slightly less appealing since you don't get TGCid mode ala how you do with OSB, but since you've got TGCid mode, thsoe command lengths aren't the same negative ANYWAY.

I dove him with BSB/LMR, since dualcast definitely helps mitigate a lot of that. However, I also had enough VIT/DEX to dive four people just sitting around because I have a dearth of good options in that category.

I think it's worthwhile with other of those cases.

Jragghen on
  • mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    General consensus seems to be that if you have USB, it's a no-brainer. Full stop. (Assuming you can hone abilities to make use of double.)

But his OSB is also very powerful, still considered to be the very best OSB available due to 2 elements and higher multiplier. The haste + IC3 LM make it much easier to pop his first OSB after which everything is 3x cast speed.

Plus, with spellblade 5, darkness 5, knight 5 and samurai 5, he can hit every single element any way you want. Lack of en-element will reduce his potential damage output but he's strong against holy/lightning weak enemies and probably passable against anything that's not null to those 2 elements.

So he's kind of the opposite of Tidus LD IMO. Tidus is freaking incredible against anything water-weak but much less useful everywhere else. TGC is good against everything but not Tidus-level against any single element.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I'll just wait for TGCid USB2, when he gets a 15-hit USB that gives him a 50% critfix/cr.dmg/ATK buff, and lets him chase holy/darkness attacks with a 6-hit follow-up.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Well at that point, you should just save up for Reynn's USB3, which will allow you to reset your account and re-roll all your mythril for better items.

Maytag38thDoeJragghenjmcdonaldEl FantasticoGnome-InterruptusBeastehBrodyDaffydd
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Did 5 pulls, the max I allotted for Orlandeau. Already had four dupes, but goddamnit it's Orlandeau.

100 gem - nada.
    3/11 - Ramza BSB2, Marche BSB, Gaffgarion BSB. No dupes, but not what I wanted.
    5/11, three discos - Marche USB (dupe), Marche LMR (dupe), Marche BSB (dupe), Alma USB, Orlandeau USB!
    3/11 - there Gaffgarion BSBs. WTF.
    3/11, one disco - Orlandeau USB (dupe), Marche BSB (dupe), Ramza LMR!
    2/11, one disco - Alma USB (dupe), Orlandeau LMR!

Old Man Cid nearly complete (just missing his SSB), Ramza has an upgrade and a BSB for Torments, and I now have an 8* Burglar sword!

RiusMaytagElderlycrawfishNarbusGnizmoJragghenAegisFryKnight_Ardorsilence1186Gnome-InterruptusBeastehSpectrum
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I missed all of TGCid's new toys, but eh I have his OSB/BSB and said I was gonna dive him so I did. Haste ic3 is still useful, especially his infinite haste dealy.

I should really invest more into legend diving. I have a fair amount of motes just collecting dust because I always hesitate to use them.... But what good are they to me if they just sit there? I've got about 500 spirit and Wis, and about 300 of the rest.

Lots of potential dives but I have a hard time justify ing a commit!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I haven't been playing a lot aside from the weekly events, and haven't been rolling a lot. But I do love me some FFT. Ended up with Marshe BSB and 2x USB. Already had his LMR.

So I guess he takes Ceodore's spot on my Holy team!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    DarklyreElderlycrawfishNarbusGnizmoFryGnome-InterruptusSpectrum
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

Marche USB is immediate legend dive, unless you hate him as a character or have those motes earmarked for someone else

Literally the only reason I haven't dived him yet is because I am so starved for Bravery motes. He is definitely on the list. I have just those two relics as well, and I can't wait to see how stupid it gets with him there. I am anticipating super stupid.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I missed all of TGCid's new toys, but eh I have his OSB/BSB and said I was gonna dive him so I did. Haste ic3 is still useful, especially his infinite haste dealy.

I should really invest more into legend diving. I have a fair amount of motes just collecting dust because I always hesitate to use them.... But what good are they to me if they just sit there? I've got about 500 spirit and Wis, and about 300 of the rest.

Lots of potential dives but I have a hard time justify ing a commit!

Who are your primary people? Spi/Wis has a TON of treasures.

Also Bra/Dex.

Gnome-Interruptus
This discussion has been closed.