As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    *sits here, twiddling thumbs, waiting for the day they implement 6* Dark Matter*

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    DarklyreA duck!NarbusEl Fantastico
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Aegis wrote: »
    *sits here, twiddling thumbs, waiting for the day they implement 6* Dark Matter*

Honestly, even if they did, I wouldn't be able to use it based on how expensive it'd be. My gil income has dried up in a major way when they stopped orbfests, and completely decoupled it from farming xp and/or orbs.

EDIT: 18 million gil to reforge a current 8* item, if anyone was wondering

Javen on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Gil Greenwood is there if you ever need to turn a bunch of stamina into more Gil than you need.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Question - is it worth keeping Alma's USB staves separate? It IS a holy boosting 6* weapon, but my main holy magic user is Raines, who runs off of MAG. If I had Rem's good stuff it'd be a no-brainer, since I also have Lenna's USB armor.

Enlong wrote: »
    Gil Greenwood is there if you ever need to turn a bunch of stamina into more Gil than you need.

Unfortunately the gil isn't even THAT great, considering how expensive even regular upkeep tasks, like converting greater orbs to major orbs can be

Stamina is also the main limiter there.

assuming 1 magic vase per stage, which is extremely generous, you're looking at about 350-400k, for 80 stamina. So it'd take...roughly 3600 stamina to earn enough to pay for 1 6* dark matter reforge, if and when that comes out.

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    With TGCid's Legend Dive here, I finally decided to tilt at the 4* magicite.

Kraken went down in 27 seconds. Given a team of Lightning (USB/BSB2) and TGCid (OSB) on DPS, Ysh'tola (BSB) on healing, and OKnight (pUSB) and Shelke (does it matter) on entrusting, with everyone fully Legend Dived, the big blue squid didn't really have a chance.

Gonna farm up on this one for a bit before I move on. My water team is still a little anemic, particularly with that fuckin bullshit 1/11 Gogo BSB the water banner gave me, so Marilis is gonna have to wait just a bit.

Here's hoping the fest changes that around for me some.

Narbus on
    JragghenKnight_AegisMaytagElderlycrawfishDarklyremercurialchemisterGnome-InterruptusRiusSpectrum
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Why does it take eight minutes to do a 24 second Dark Dragon run on my phone? This is really absurd in light of how fast DFFOO loads and plays, at 60 FPS.

BeastehGnizmo
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Animations. Maybe just auto attack it to death?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Dffoo is just a totally different kind of game

Better? Debatable but it's certainly way less taxing on your time, looks and sounds better, and is easier to pick up/put down

FryRius
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    one of the biggest qol things I want is the ability to queue up actions while special moves are animating. That would be a huuuuuge time saver.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    RiusDarklyreGnome-InterruptusNarbus
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    How long until Anniversary banners?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    I think Anniversary's start date is March 23rd, and the Series Luckies (3-pulls with G5) ought to start on March 9th.

Am I crazy, or does everyone get Tyro’s USB3 for free with the anniversary? Or am I thinking of when we all got his USB2?

Usb2 was the thing.

38thDoeFryBeastehDarklyreNarbus
    Orlandeau is at 600 ATK without synergy. Good lord.

the man is a monster

i assume thats fully dived with every single sb, i'm at 590 missing his ssb

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »

This is my Lightning right now, 605 ATK without synergy.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Maliris, why are you such a RNG filled bullshit fight?

Randomly sometimes just takes 10-15s longer because of constant interrupts or randomly just fucking kills me because of being fractional points off meter for Rosa USB or something and she takes two turns to back to back Savage Firaga before I can do anything.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Randomly sometimes just takes 10-15s longer because of constant interrupts or randomly just fucking kills me because of being fractional points off meter for Rosa USB or something and she takes two turns to back to back Savage Firaga before I can doa nything.

This is me at the beginning of the fight. If her second and third random attacks target the same person, or she uses a physical ability on the front row, oops, guess I'm trying again.

Beasteh wrote: »
    the man is a monster

i assume thats fully dived with every single sb, i'm at 590 missing his ssb

No SSB here either. Turns out, that's with him using subpar gear. If I don't give him elemental boost gear he hits 625 ATK.

Wait, is that like, with weapon and armor and stuff?

My Orlandeau is 346 ATK naked

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm so happy I don't need any of the other four star magicite. They sound unfun.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Randomly sometimes just takes 10-15s longer because of constant interrupts or randomly just fucking kills me because of being fractional points off meter for Rosa USB or something and she takes two turns to back to back Savage Firaga before I can do anything.

Of course, consistency can sometimes be just as much of a pain. I can hardly accuse Tiamat as being RNG-heavy; she's quite reliable in doing party-wiping AOEs on nearly every turn.

Randomly sometimes just takes 10-15s longer because of constant interrupts or randomly just fucking kills me because of being fractional points off meter for Rosa USB or something and she takes two turns to back to back Savage Firaga before I can doa nything.

This is me at the beginning of the fight. If her second and third random attacks target the same person, or she uses a physical ability on the front row, oops, guess I'm trying again.

Are you using ProShellga and Wall? With all of those and TG mode/Curada on my healer I've always been able to handle the damage until the AOEs start.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

Are you using ProShellga and Wall? With all of those and TG mode/Curada on my healer I've always been able to handle the damage until the AOEs start.

I'm personally not using Protect, so bad RNG on Savage Flame Slash double or triple hitting a frontliner late in the fight can instantly kill them. =/

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Hmm, my ideal marilith team at the moment is Tidus/Edge/Shelke/OK/Eiko but with Edge carrying the ninja abilities I don’t know what to give Onion Knight. I guess I could make him a second Entrust bot. Does Wrath work with his ninja EX mode?

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I'm so happy I don't need any of the other four star magicite. They sound unfun.

If you've got a team that can beat them, they're okay.

For elements you're weak on? Ahahaha.

Narbus
    Javen wrote: »
    Hmm, my ideal marilith team at the moment is Tidus/Edge/Shelke/OK/Eiko but with Edge carrying the ninja abilities I don’t know what to give Onion Knight. I guess I could make him a second Entrust bot. Does Wrath work with his ninja EX mode?

Well, you're not hitting, so the atk override doesn't matter. But yeah, I do that.

If you're RIGHT on top of things, and get hit enough, I think you can wrath->entrust ->wrathwrathUSB without ninja mode dropping.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I missed all of TGCid's new toys, but eh I have his OSB/BSB and said I was gonna dive him so I did. Haste ic3 is still useful, especially his infinite haste dealy.

I should really invest more into legend diving. I have a fair amount of motes just collecting dust because I always hesitate to use them.... But what good are they to me if they just sit there? I've got about 500 spirit and Wis, and about 300 of the rest.

Lots of potential dives but I have a hard time justify ing a commit!

Who are your primary people? Spi/Wis has a TON of treasures.

Also Bra/Dex.

Looking at my spreadsheet to reply and I made up my mind and went no regerts with Alphinaud and Laguna to dive. We'll see how that goes.

I was debating doing either Marche or Agrias, as well as maybe Alma but then I realized I'm a little low on 4* motes so that'll have to wait for somewhere down the road.

DarklyreJragghen
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

No space for Protectga, and I don't know if I could get it up fast enough anyway, as Onion Knight, who would carry it, is casting his pUSB to start, so he's busy for the first ~5-8s of the fight. Not having his LMR is a bigger deal than I though.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Why does it take eight minutes to do a 24 second Dark Dragon run on my phone? This is really absurd in light of how fast DFFOO loads and plays, at 60 FPS.

This is really killing my interest in the game at the moment too. Especially with the way 4* magicites are structured, and how strictly you have to follow a script to beat them. It has just started to drain a lot of my fun out of the game. I am hoping it changes going forward, but the super strict team building is just bumming me out more than anything right now.

Beasteh38thDoe
    My sub 30 Tiamat team just rolls over dead if I don't get decent w cast lowen roar luck and a decent pattern at low HP (back to back savage twister is a guaranteed wipe)

In other news I tried out Orlandeau USB vs Garuda 220

Hailstorm > Sword Saint > Ass Saber spam had him doing 8k x 10, sometimes 15

JragghenDarklyreGnome-InterruptusElderlycrawfish
    24 second shadow dragon clear, thank god that’s easily farmable now

Could definitely sub-20 if I could ever get RAMZAS FUCKING LMR

SpectrumElderlycrawfish
    Loading for the game seems really bad lately, as well. Like, my phone goes to sleep between the time I hit enter battle and the time the battle loads. I have to tap it to keep the screen from blacking out.

GnizmoDarklyreFryNarbus
    There's a forced update this weekend which drops support for Android 4, so we might see speed up

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Yeah, you guys complaining about 8 minute shadow dragon fights, I just spent 4 minutes doing Alma's Cid Mission, which consisted of one turn of Alma melting Argus' smug face with Neo Bahamut.

SpectrumDarklyreJragghenShadowfire
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh hey it's that banner I was originally saving for. But I don't play this game anymore so oh well, kept mythril will keep longer.

34 second marilith, likely lots of room to improve. I was real sloppy on my entrusts, if I had been able to sneak in a Tidus USB I’d have had it

edited February 2018
    I wonder if I could replace Rinoa (Shiva) with Alphinaud (Deployment Tactics) on an attempted Tiamat team. Tiamat puts out a lot of AOE damage I could reflect, and it's 30% attack for Squall that he's not getting with my current setup of Just Ramza, but I wonder if that's worth dropping the extra damage provided by Rinoa's chain. Even with the Chain and Dullahan, it's not easy to cap hits with Lowen Roar.

edit:

Nope. Non-crits drop to 6000 damage. Not acceptable.

Enlong on
This discussion has been closed.