As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    the man is a monster

i assume thats fully dived with every single sb, i'm at 590 missing his ssb

No SSB here either. Turns out, that's with him using subpar gear. If I don't give him elemental boost gear he hits 625 ATK.

Make that 645, he hasn't mastered his USB or LMR yet!

Gnizmo
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Wiping in the first 10s of Marilith is annoying. Wiping at 45s after 15 minutes of real life time is infuriating.

E: I am GAINING stamina it's taking me so long to kill Marilith. Okay, time to quit for tonight. Repeated failures just make me think I'll fail at everything I do, given how bad I am at this game. Need a break from despair.

silence1186 on
    JragghenSpectrum
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    The worst part of Marilith is the random execution errors that can creep in because you didn't recognize in time the deviation from the script because she interrupted someone who was doing a Wall refresh or something.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    silence1186Gnome-Interruptus
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I somehow managed to beat Marilith, sub 1 minute, with edge never dualcasting a ninja ability (after I was out, some cmd1 did) AND she car 3 Savage firagas in a row.

What a weird run.

mercurialchemister
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Just found out I had the magic blink + curaga SSB for Ovelia AFTER breaking her so I could level her to 99. (I'm leveling a healer to 99 in every realm)

Luck is with the foolish alright.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Ugh. Half the time Kraken is just fuckin impossible, the other half he just falls over after 25 seconds. 4* are just so very unfun.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    After I watched that video of the Japanese guy killling ixion in 8 seconds I decided to just wait for some more creep.

Suiting me pretty well so far.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    JragghenDarklyre
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Not sure what kind of creep would get me a Tiamat kill. Adding another DPS, even a supremely powerful one, would probably see me dead at 13 seconds from lack of healing.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Enlong wrote: »
    Not sure what kind of creep would get me a Tiamat kill. Adding another DPS, even a supremely powerful one, would probably see me dead at 13 seconds from lack of healing.

Most of the super low-timed kills I see involve Squalls UOSSB to power through very weak phase quickly, and Snowspell spam with auto enIce, and lucky doublecasts

Javen on
    Realized I finished my first legend dive rotation now that I got TGCid's dive.

And also we've got enough BRA that I can do a Knight and finish my second (minus only having done a half dive for my third mage/healer), aside from dex/vit.

Marche actually might make sense given I've got his BSB now (and his LMR), but that would make FOUR dualcast knights (Beatrix LM2, TGCid LMR, Agrias LMR), three of which are FFT, and three FFT dives which seems... excessive. But all other knights suck.

Or I could go "fuck it" and dive another speedy person like Zidane with his USB.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Marche BSB is...not especially great. I wouldn't dive him just for that. Ultra or nothin', IMO.

NarbusDarklyreBeastehDaffydd
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I’m pretty stoked for the 22nd. Dungeon revamp rewards and KH collaboration rewards the same day. Our mailboxes are gonna be really full

FryJragghenNarbusBeasteh
    PSA for when new torments arrive: because you get rewards even with a loss, if you can get a boss to 50% health, then if you petrify one character, that fills the medals for "at least one person not KO'd" and it's possible to Master without winning.

NarbusGnome-InterruptusDarklyreRiusBrody
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Got my Marilith farming finished for the time being. 4 Marilith, 4 Bomb King, 2 Firemane. None of it is leveled at all, though, so that'll take a while.

My best time was 46:60, but with interrupt RNG being what it is 50 is still more typical.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Jragghen
    Been sitting on these motes for awhile. Still haven't seen anything that really calls to me that would change this plan, so pulled the trigger on:

kxUBMJbl.png

If I ever bothered/cared for Edge/Shadow I still technically have 1 dive open on this rotation though it's looking more and more like I might go back to even split instead of 4/0/0/2/2/2 as I was intending (if I get Yuffie or give up and dive OK).

And so with that and a little bit of RNG...

eTfffhKl.png

A little bit of wonky strat to have Locke self-Lifesiphon turn 1 and have Shelke boink him with a normal attack on turn 2 to get his Trance out from the first Savage Blizzaga.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    JragghenDarklyre
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I do not like you, counter-curaja. I do not.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Yeah, Bahamut was awful. The hardest Torment by far, in my opinion. At least relative to what relics I had at the time.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Knight_SpectrumRius
    edited February 2018
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Yeah, Bahamut was awful. The hardest Torment by far, in my opinion. At least relative to what relics I had at the time.

I just have BARELY not enough juice to do it on 300. Pixels. TGCid was definitely my weak spot though, so I think I can improve. His OSB was only hitting for ~50k, which won't do it. Another copy of Raging Storm or enough orbs to R3 it would probably have put me over, as would OK hitting harder or having a damaging SB.

Edit: Aha! I had Luneth's BSB. MVP there, also RW a reflecting shield.

dporowski on
    I'm waiting for IV to roll back around now that I have PCecil's USB. That should hopefully be enough to do the 200 CM.

Wyvern wrote: »
    IIRC, I'm pretty sure that one was another case of the Torment being there for awhile right before Cloud USB was pushed back.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Darklyre
    Ugh, Kraken should NOT be this goddamned hard. I'm seeing far more AOEs than from Maliris.

For the sake of showing off Orlandeau's new tech, tomorrow's MP is Seymour Natus.

Notes:
    • Elements: Holy Weak, Resist ALL else
    • Status Effects: (Weak) 3 Target NAT low Petrify, (Counter BLK) ST NAT piercing magic NE+high sap, (Weak) ST NAT piercing magic NE+high sap
    • Buffs: Self Protect, (Counter PHY) Self Protect
    • Other Attacks: ST PHY, RT 2-hit NAT magic fire/lightning/ice/water
    • Accompanied by Mortibody (Holy Weak): AOE BLK fire/lightning/ice/water, WHT Cura on Seymour, (<50%) AOE NAT physical 2-hit+Dispel, Damage Seymour on lethal and recover HP

What to bring:
    • Wall, Shellga, Magic Breaks
    • Optional Stop for Mortibody to cut the damage down
    • Do NOT use a lot of AOE unless you are prepared to 100% Stop Lock Mortibody
    • Repeated Dispel if using physical
    • It might be a Tactics Knight party but this would also be a good opportunity to bring Rem and the other DPS WHMs out to play if you wanted

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I have 2 rank 4 ass sabers now

Prepare to get that ass slapped Seymour

DarklyreGnome-Interruptus
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    (Counter PHY) Self Protect

Not the most friendly they could have been to Orlandu. Also depending on the relative HP of the two targets and how the rest of your party chooses to behave, you could end up firing a lot of your Ability Doubles at the wrong target. Last time I think both targets actually had equal HP (lol) so it might not be a problem, but if it's lopsided like the fight usually is (and frankly ought to be) then there's gonna be gobs of wasted damage.

That said, I'm sure Orlandu will be fine

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So I'm wondering what I should do with my extra level 80 copies of the 3* Magicite that give +Element. (Mom Bomb, Enlil, Enki, etc.) Bestow them on other Magicite for the +8 Element? or +10 Stat? Level them to 99 and bestow +10 Element? Eventually I'll want to bestow +15 Element or Stat, so they may end up getting overwritten down the line anway.

I am so ready for this Multiplayer. WOL holy Chain and Raines or Echo. Let's go.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    So I realized I was being an idiot and could hit and run Atlas.

Brought agrias to holy imperil and tgcid to ultra him into the sun, easy peasy give me 40 motes for never “retreating” please

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    Fry
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Tgcid’s infinite haste and instant cast 3 lm is insane, it’s so helpful for getting wall up immediately

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    NarbusDarklyre
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Tgcid’s infinite haste and instant cast 3 lm is insane, it’s so helpful for getting wall up immediately

I've got TGCid, Lightning, and OKnight's LMR. I'm ready to go 2 seconds out of the gate.

There's videos of gimmick runs out there of something like Luneth/Zack/Noctis/Morrow/Cloud to really abuse that dive type. IIRC, it works up through Magicite 3* but doesn't have the power to make it through 4*.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    FFT-2 100 gems: it's probably a DISCO BALL HOLY SNIKES?! Mustadio USB (+Fire Gun). This is super similar to Locke's USB. Well I'm shutting up for a while.

Data for posterity:
    0 misses in a row

24/215 lifetime

5/55 this batch

9/65 last batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB.

FryStiltsSpectrumAegisDarklyreElderlycrawfishGnome-InterruptusRius
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    100 gem disco! Agrias USB! Dupe!

Dangit! Oh well, strong sword I guess.

FrySpectrumDarklyreGnome-InterruptusRius
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Don't Cult of Three out of boredom/pique, folks

Unless you pull Orlandeau USB, then go for it

My first Cid SB, lol

JavenAegisDarklyreElderlycrawfishsilence1186Knight_FrySpectrumStiltsGnizmoJragghen
    Multiplayer with @Frosteey @IceBurner and @Javen

https://youtu.be/03EU6MNepkU

He doesn't do anything. Like at all. Just whatever you do don't take Mortibody below 50% (ideally keep it Stopped anyway) and he just falls over.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    JragghenDarklyreGnome-Interruptus
    100-gem: Agrias LMR. Hey, nice!

A duck!JragghenGnizmosilence1186ArdorSpectrumElderlycrawfishFryRiusNarbus
    edited February 2018
    100 gems: Ramza USB. Which is nice, I guess, since all I had for him was Shout, but he's still not replacing OK and his pUSB...

Edit: Wait, fuck, it's a 30/30 that stacks with EVERYTHING?

dporowski on
    ElderlycrawfishSpectrumJragghenDarklyreFrymercurialchemisterRiusAegisNarbussilence1186Ardor
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    100 gems: Ramza USB. Which is nice, I guess, since all I had for him was Shout, but he's still not replacing OK and his pUSB...

History's Truth also gives the party an instacast. Definitely not a tool to overlook.

JragghenGnome-InterruptusRiusAegisNarbus
    dporowski wrote: »

History's Truth also gives the party an instacast. Definitely not a tool to overlook.

IIRC, there's a couple people here that lean heavily on History's Truth to enable their sub30 3* runs.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    JragghenAegis
    After beating Seymour's stupid non-Tactics face up with Marche/Beatrix/Orlandeau, I've come to the conclusion that I need a lot more ass sabres. R3 is definitely not enough.

What I need is a proper setup to get WOL's chain and USB going at the same time, so that he can get something out of his ass sabre.

This discussion has been closed.