As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    100 gems: Ramza USB. Which is nice, I guess, since all I had for him was Shout, but he's still not replacing OK and his pUSB...

Edit: Wait, fuck, it's a 30/30 that stacks with EVERYTHING?

History's Truth also gives the party an instacast. Definitely not a tool to overlook.

IIRC, there's a couple people here that lean heavily on History's Truth to enable their sub30 3* runs.

Yes, I spam this and Aphmau USB for tons of instacast goodness

Gnizmo
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I assume those are mage teams running 2x 30%? I can't figure out how to get 50% + 2x 30% in there and running in a reasonable time frame for a phys team.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I was under the impression that ATK's soft-cap numbers are easier to reach than magic's, such that you don't need buffs as strong as 50% + 30% + 30% to do damage.

Enlong wrote: »
    I was under the impression that ATK's soft-cap numbers are easier to reach than magic's, such that you don't need buffs as strong as 50% + 30% + 30% to do damage.

Eeeeeeh someone might not, but I sure do still.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    You don't even need more than a 50% for a PHY team once you get 6* weapons and a character at 99 most of the time. You can also usually count on either Burst Mode or some innate +ATK from a USB to make up any shortfall, and that's not on the latter they were probably a Legend Dive candidate anyway.

Mage teams you usually want a couple 30s from somewhere and you're in decent shape. 3 of them primarily for people trying to hit 1200MAG or thereabouts for certain spells/burst modes.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Jragghen
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Ramza's USB is also a key component of smoothing out hybrid team buff requirements.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    GnizmoDarklyre
    You don't even need more than a 50% for a PHY team once you get 6* weapons and a character at 99 most of the time. You can also usually count on either Burst Mode or some innate +ATK from a USB to make up any shortfall, and that's not on the latter they were probably a Legend Dive candidate anyway.

Mage teams you usually want a couple 30s from somewhere and you're in decent shape. 3 of them primarily for people trying to hit 1200MAG or thereabouts for certain spells/burst modes.

Mm, I do not see results like that. I believe you, but as yet even with 6* (albeit not fully augmented) and a 99, I don't cap against anything worthwhile without a 50 and a 30. With synergy maybe, but that's never a guarantee, right.

I mean it's not a tragedy, since I just run Rikku with breakdances and USB, but I definitely need the buff.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    So I'm wondering what I should do with my extra level 80 copies of the 3* Magicite that give +Element. (Mom Bomb, Enlil, Enki, etc.) Bestow them on other Magicite for the +8 Element? or +10 Stat? Level them to 99 and bestow +10 Element? Eventually I'll want to bestow +15 Element or Stat, so they may end up getting overwritten down the line anway.

Feed them to your Lvl 99 4* magicites to boost their stats which will boost all the passives on any team they are equipped on.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    got into a 160 seymour raid last night with three TGCid ultras/assault sabers

it did...not take long

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i did a raid last night with holy chain, a crit damage up ramza and a shout ramza

150k per turn from 2 tgcid usbs

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I need to replay tactics. I don't remember fighting Seymour at all. And last time I saw him Lich was pretending to be a mild mannered merchant named Rich.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    The raid should have been the Black Knights, so Orlandeau could pretend to be a summoner with triple cast Aegis Strikes.

Fry
  • FryFry Registered User regular

Mm, I do not see results like that. I believe you, but as yet even with 6* (albeit not fully augmented) and a 99, I don't cap against anything worthwhile without a 50 and a 30. With synergy maybe, but that's never a guarantee, right.

I mean it's not a tragedy, since I just run Rikku with breakdances and USB, but I definitely need the buff.

I feel like there might be some misunderstanding here. We're not saying that it should only take one/two ATK buffs to see 9999 for all of your damage against hard content. The claim is that, if the ATK shown when you're building your party is higher than about 410, you're not getting much benefit out of having a third +30% ATK boost on top of a +50% and another +30%. Yes, you will still get a little extra damage, but it's probably not worth the meter unless you're getting some other benefit out of it.

If you can get to 475 on the stat screen, two +30% ATK buffs already gets you to the point of diminishing returns. That number is attainable for augmented 6* weapons on legend dived characters. Since most physical DPS characters can bring at least one +30% buff for themselves, either on an ability or on a USB, History's Truth might be all the party buff you need. That said, I still usually prefer Shout/Battle Cry for physical teams, since that works better with the ragtag assortments of non-legend dived, non-6* weapon characters I am usually using.

Gnome-InterruptusSpectrumdporowskiDarklyre
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

I feel like there might be some misunderstanding here. We're not saying that it should only take one/two ATK buffs to see 9999 for all of your damage against hard content. The claim is that, if the ATK shown when you're building your party is higher than about 410, you're not getting much benefit out of having a third +30% ATK boost on top of a +50% and another +30%. Yes, you will still get a little extra damage, but it's probably not worth the meter unless you're getting some other benefit out of it.

If you can get to 475 on the stat screen, two +30% ATK buffs already gets you to the point of diminishing returns. That number is attainable for augmented 6* weapons on legend dived characters. Since most physical DPS characters can bring at least one +30% buff for themselves, either on an ability or on a USB, History's Truth might be all the party buff you need. That said, I still usually prefer Shout/Battle Cry for physical teams, since that works better with the ragtag assortments of non-legend dived, non-6* weapon characters I am usually using.
    Explicitly, the ATK softcap is 805ATK, above which you see diminishing returns on ATK->damage. (You still get some until you run into the buff cap but you are probably better off bringing another attacker instead at that point.)

That's reachable with 537ATK + a 50% or even slightly less if you have some ATK boosting Magicite.

Below the softcap, 1% ATK gives an additional ~1.8% damage. Above the softcap, 1% ATK gives an additional ~0.5% damage.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Gnome-Interruptus
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

To further pile on:

The problem of not capping against worthwhile content, is a problem of the enemies RES/DEF and not an issue with your ATK / MAG.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Darklyre
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    When nearing the MAG cap, how much MAG is worth losing for a +wind weapon/armor?

Edit:

More specifically, I'm comparing

908 MAG (post buffs) + Weapon/Armor

1056 MAG (post buffs) + Nothing

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    ~12% increase in your magic is ~20% increase in damage below the soft cap.

Apparently I just get wrecked anyways, so it doesn't super matter. Although now I'm unsure why Golem is doing so much damage through Protect and Wall.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Apparently I just get wrecked anyways, so it doesn't super matter. Although now I'm unsure why Golem is doing so much damage through Protect and Wall.

Are you taking big hits in general or on Savage earth shaker? Savage earth shaker ignores resistance so wall and shell won't help there. Also, are you fielding earth resist accessories?

Brody wrote: »

Are you taking big hits in general or on Savage earth shaker? Savage earth shaker ignores resistance so wall and shell won't help there. Also, are you fielding earth resist accessories?

Yeah, I have 4 resist accessories, all equipped.

That JS was a joke. Tactics has a thing where the fights are all AOE, but you just need to kill the main boss to win, so the target damage is pretty low. I wiped out Milleuda just setting up my buffs - Orlandeau didn't even get the chance to throw out his UCS-boosted Ass Sabres yet!

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

Explicitly, the ATK softcap is 805ATK, above which you see diminishing returns on ATK->damage. (You still get some until you run into the buff cap but you are probably better off bringing another attacker instead at that point.)

That's reachable with 537ATK + a 50% or even slightly less if you have some ATK boosting Magicite.

Below the softcap, 1% ATK gives an additional ~1.8% damage. Above the softcap, 1% ATK gives an additional ~0.5% damage.

Geez, it's that low? Most of my legend-dived physical DPS chars can break that with realm synergy

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Interrupt is the medal condition for the CM? That's a pain in the ass. Now I need to go look up very specific friend codes.

E: Noel's SSB, ST Auto-stun (+Instantcast 2)

fcoE
    5jGE
    SwDP
    WAXW
    cw2a

silence1186 on
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Interrupt is the medal condition for the CM? That's a pain in the ass. Now I need to go look up very specific friend codes.

fcoE
    5jGE
    SwDP
    WAXW
    cw2a

I'm just gonna hope Agrias' OSB weap procs a random interrupt, the chance always seems pretty high.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    I had Ramza dunk on the boss with good ol' Throw Stone for the medal condition.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    KyY3LcHuz_udz5gu4HraNEq7P35Fc5R8kpOjATFtcM0.jpg?w=681&s=6c2d8631352316588231fdae048a0090

DarklyreMaytagRius
    Maytag wrote: »

fcoE
    5jGE
    SwDP
    WAXW
    cw2a

I'm just gonna hope Agrias' OSB weap procs a random interrupt, the chance always seems pretty high.

It did for me! She was throwing out 30k Guardbringers like crazy, too.

I'm just gonna use, you know, Dismissal.

Leeks38thDoeJragghenStiltsBillmaan
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I had him sitting at magic pixel while killing everything else slowly with dismissal. It's a stupid medal condition. Also only one medal condition is annoying.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Woo. Farming Kraken and Marilith is frustrating, and I'm mostly full on sets of 4* Magicite for them, I can't put all the right pieces together to get Isgebind, Tiamat is pretty much "lol not in the lifetime," so continuing around the wheel I skipped to Midgardsormr.

And I actually got him! Just sort of ground him down with a rather conservative team, in 49.41s.

The Squad:
    Shelke Wrath/Entrust (No SB) Ace Striker (LM2)
    Edge Raging Storm/Gust (SSB) Battleforged, +40% Wind from gear
    Cloud Lifesiphon/Hailstorm (USB, BSB2) +DMG, +20% Wind from gear (LM1,2)
    Ramza Wrath/Phantasm (Shout, Chant) DMT
    Aphmau Curada/Shellga (USB) MM
    RW: Wall
    Magicite: Unicorn
    Everyone had Earth resist on

Shelke called instant Wall, then did Entrust bot things to Cloud, then to Aphmau, then back to Cloud, so Cloud could pump out instant SBs. Edge was doing max damage on Gust and Raging Storm with his +Wind equipment, but without a DMG RM. He is Record Dived, but not Legend Dived, for reference. He popped the first SSB trying to catch the first Phase 2 Tail, and then after that whenever anyone was slowed or their Guts popped. He was also the flex character for calling Magicite/Wall again. Ramza Shouted, then Wrathed into Chant, then Wrathed back into Shout, then back into Chant. Try to reapply SBs when Aphmau has given him Instant Cast 1. This is super inefficient and I wish I had the Wind Chain, but wadya gonna do? Aphmau put up Shellga, then spammed Curada aggressively to give everyone HP stock buffers. This way she could use her SB aggressively and pop it when the rest of the team needed to call in long cast SBs. The Hastega helped counteract Slows, and constant Medicas combated the boss's damage output nicely. Cloud was the only one really in danger, being in the front row without Protectga.

For a first kill it's not bad, but now I'm wondering if Edge is too much defense, and I should fit in Zack for Imperil or Onion Knight for ATK/MAG (plus he can Raging Storm/w-cast Meltdown). Edge ended the fight with three unused SB bars.

DarklyreSpectrumRius
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    1/11 - Alma LMR
    2/11 - Orlandeau BSB (dupe), Alma BSB
    4/11 (1 disco) - Orlandeau OSB (dupe), Marche BSB, Gaffgarion BSB2 (?), Alma SSB

These...could have gone better.
    Aegis wrote: »
    1/11 - Orlandeau OSB

:|

(I'm done, seriously.)

I will not pull again. I will not pull again. I will not pull again.

YwEJhpu.jpg

I pulled again :D

Characters
    silence1186ElderlycrawfishKnight_DarklyreNarbusStiltsAshtonDragonA duck!JragghenSpectrumGnome-InterruptusArdorRiusFrycursedkingBrodyLeeksIceBurner
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Stop I don’t want to pull here!

aeNqQM9.jpg
    NarbusJragghenSpectrumFryBrody
    Kingdom Hearts is light. Remember.

Stilts
    Oldman with 838 ATK with synergy.

Where we're going, we don't need Boostgas.

Characters
    JragghenDarklyre
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    I DON'T NEED TO PULL AGAIN. AAAAAAAH.

I just Legend Dove Alphinaud and attempted Midgardsormr.

I am now thoroughly convinced that his LM2 does not actually allow him to Dualcast.

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

I am now thoroughly convinced that his LM2 does not actually allow him to Dualcast.

Just give him Carbuncle. 100% chance to dualcast Carbuncle.

edited February 2018
    Midgardsormr iz dead! Skipped Tiamat on the wheel, because FUCK, and because I was eager to give Alphy's new toy a try on hard content.

The team is super in need of improvement (Alphinaud, Fujin, Arc, Krile, and Faris, with a weird setup involving Krile's SSB and Alphy's SSB for boosts, and Faris trying to juggle Imperil and Entrust), but they managed to get the job done. The result was over a minute, but I don't care much about getting Earth orbs from this fight just yet.

Wound up with 2 Midgardsormr magicites as a result. Ultra Abyssal Maw seems useful, if combined with Guy or Dorgann for Imperil Earth.

Trying to decide if Alphy is better off with his start-with-Enwind or his Summon-damage-boost LM. The latter means more damage, but the former means he can do damage right from the start of the fight, without Entrust support, by using Meltdown. It sure would be nice if Roar of the Wind Wyrm wasn't hot garbage on the first turn of battle, because otherwise I could use him that Rydia uses Titan to build meter.

Enlong on
    Aegissilence1186RiusSpectrumDarklyreGnome-Interruptus
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

I actually just did the same and had the same experience. That CMD1 does NOT want to dualcast.

Also didn't reduce my time, so not the best choice :/ well, new tool for ice since cmd2 -> infinite potential dualcast Valigarmanda.

Ran Midgardsormr again. He chain stunned Cloud right before finishing recasting Ultra Cross Slash, EX mode fell off, and the recast did 9999 x 5 instead of 25k x 5. Annoying! Happening a second time, later in the fight? Frustrating!

This discussion has been closed.