As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

1568101199

Posts

  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    I just Legend Dove Alphinaud and attempted Midgardsormr.

    I am now thoroughly convinced that his LM2 does not actually allow him to Dualcast.

    I actually just did the same and had the same experience. That CMD1 does NOT want to dualcast.

    Also didn't reduce my time, so not the best choice :/ well, new tool for ice since cmd2 -> infinite potential dualcast Valigarmanda.

    The damage drop from going into the ether instead of using a different relevant spell is pretty large, especially god forbid if Wind is resisted.

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    I just Legend Dove Alphinaud and attempted Midgardsormr.

    I am now thoroughly convinced that his LM2 does not actually allow him to Dualcast.

    I actually just did the same and had the same experience. That CMD1 does NOT want to dualcast.

    Also didn't reduce my time, so not the best choice :/ well, new tool for ice since cmd2 -> infinite potential dualcast Valigarmanda.

    The damage drop from going into the ether instead of using a different relevant spell is pretty large, especially god forbid if Wind is resisted.

    Considering my ice currently consists exclusively of Edea, it's still a bonus.

    But realistically, not the best dive choice.

  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Kingdom Hearts is light. Remember.

    when is that banner happening? I tried to look in app for the announcement but it's gone now

    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Kingdom Hearts is light. Remember.

    when is that banner happening? I tried to look in app for the announcement but it's gone now

    Should be the 22nd I think

  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    We're going into this blind same as JP

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    We may or may not have some info after Thursday's maintainance.

    But I can petty confidently guess that we're gonna see Sora be an Enholy-focused character with 5* Knight, plus Black and White magic access, and Riku be an Endark-focused character with 5* Dark, plus Black and White access.

    Biggest question I have is whether or not the Japanese version will have Riku get access to Heavy Combat.

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    iOS update = drop rates. Hopefully they put them in for android too even though they aren't required to. I wonder if they will do per relic or per rarity.

    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀
    
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Sora will probably get white and black magic access, but it won't be at 5*, just like Noctis (who doesn't even get white because POTIONS).

    I suspect they will both be 5* Combat, maybe some Celerity access, but also probably not at 5*. I could see Sora getting 5* Shooter because of his various forms and special weapons throughout the KH series.

    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    The only reason I'm assuming we'll get it on the 22nd is because that's when we're also due to get that Kingdom Key, which I imagine will have KH synergy, and a Soul Break for Sora.

    And it'd be super weird but not out of the question I guess to get an item for a currently nonexistent character, with currently nonexistent synergy, and a weapon type that literally no one else can currently use.

    Javen on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    iOS update = drop rates. Hopefully they put them in for android too even though they aren't required to. I wonder if they will do per relic or per rarity.

    drop rates of what? can you elaborate a bit on this?

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sure, the iOS app store has a new provision where all new games or existing games that do an update are required to list drop rates on loot boxes.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/21/16805674/apple-loot-box-app-store-games-odds-probability-disclosure First link I found about it but if you search the terms and conditions you can find it.

    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀
    
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    iOS update = drop rates. Hopefully they put them in for android too even though they aren't required to. I wonder if they will do per relic or per rarity.

    drop rates of what? can you elaborate a bit on this?
    Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase.

    This update mirrors regulations in China that require games with randomized elements disclose the odds that control the “random” loot drops. You’ll have a better idea of how likely you are to get a certain class of item, for instance, or be able to better estimate how many boxes you’d need to open to get a certain card in games like Hearthstone if those items are sold through iOS.
    Polygon

  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Oh snap, I didn't know that! That's pretty awesome, I remember people were clamoring for that back when they passed that law in JP

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I feel like the Kingdom Key is just gonna be a no-SB piece of synergy equipment for aiding in completion of whatever Cid Mission the event has.

    Or perhaps it'll be a shared soul break. Perhaps Aero (KH), which gives everyone Protect.

  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I feel like the Kingdom Key is just gonna be a no-SB piece of synergy equipment for aiding in completion of whatever Cid Mission the event has.

    Or perhaps it'll be a shared soul break. Perhaps Aero (KH), which gives everyone Protect.

    I was guessin it'd be a shared SB with synergy, ala the free Engine Blade they gave out when they debuted Noctis and FFXV synergy.

  • mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Hold on a minute.

    Are you telling me that Square/Squaresoft/SquareEnix, in two of their games, named two different characters "Rikku" and "Riku"?!?!?!?!?

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Hold on a minute.

    Are you telling me that Square/Squaresoft/SquareEnix, in two of their games, named two different characters "Rikku" and "Riku"?!?!?!?!?

    Yup, and you get the idea that that's why Rikku's name is never spoken in KHII when she shows up. Even better; another major character is a dude named "Terra".

    Though that one can be excused a little bit because Miss Branford is named "Tina" in Japan. Still though, it's an international franchise.

    Enlong on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The two games also came out within, like 6 months of each other, at the most

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    When Nomura has a name theme in mind for his characters, he doesn't stop for anything.

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm just glad it didn't happen more often. I mean, its fantasy, so it shouldn't be that hard to avoid recurring names, but its hard enough with just Cid and the obligatory B&W.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I wish there was a Cid who focused on healing magic, so that I could make a viable Cid-only team in this game.

  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I may have 14 hones of Assault Sabre across two abilities now.

    ...I'd like another 50, thanks.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    I may have 14 hones of Assault Sabre across two abilities now.

    ...I'd like another 50, thanks.

    well we should be getting a fuckton of orbs in about 36 hours

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    It's still worth it to hang on to Guardbringer, right?

  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Let's take the old man for a spin.

    Previous Shadow Dragon best time: 40.75s
    New Shadow Dragon time on first attempt with Cid USB: 23.15

    I could probably refine this by maybe ditching Cid Raines of all people because he spent 15 of those 23 seconds wrath spamming to get his BSB online, and thus contributing no damage, when maybe Marche could have Guardbringer spammed into USB instead.

    Cid's USB is silly. Every turn was 7000x10 Assault Sabres.

    Edit: Huh, this leaves Mist Dragon as the only 3* Magicite that I do not have a sub-30s clear for (32.60 seconds). Power creep ho!

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    It's still worth it to hang on to Guardbringer, right?

    It gets buffed, so yeah probably

  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    It's still worth it to hang on to Guardbringer, right?

    It's getting buffed to a max of 5 hits whenever the next ability update shows up (it should also have the buff to ninja skills). If you can get enough +def, it'll do more damage than Assualt Sabre, assuming you aren't capping etc etc.

  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I think this guy is literally RNGesus:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFInblqHJHs

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Announcements datamined for the KH event. We're getting Heavy Combat early. Sora and Riku both get USBs, and they both have chase/followup attacks so they're probably both good. Sounds like Sora's burst is Squall BSB2 style?

    Sora is fire/ice/lit elemental, Riku is dark elemental.

    Fry on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Announcements datamined for the KH event. We're getting Heavy Combat early. Sora and Riku both get USBs, and they both have chase/followup attacks so they're probably both good. Sounds like Sora's burst is Squall BSB2 style?

    Sora is fire/ice/lit elemental, Riku is dark elemental.
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Is it Thursday yet?

    My hype levels just went up.

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I was not expecting Sora to be Fire/Ice/Lightning. I was so sure he'd be Holy focused all the way.

  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Beat the life springs without any real team crafting, 8 times + 38190 damage.

    That was kinda fun. Don't feel like doing it again, though

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hm. Archeoaevis ramps up real quick after a few deaths.

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Aw, I'm not sure how I managed to miscalculate it earlier, but it looks like the maximum myth I can have before the KH event goes away is like 91 or something. 96 if I rush out 20 magicite clears in the few days of March where the event exists. So only 1 pull can be done.

  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I'm not quite putting it off to the last minute, but I'm starting to tackle the Crystal Tower stuff and Atlas proved to be as big a pain in the ass as I expected given chatter upthread. But then I remembered how broken good Sarah BSB is, especially after rereading the boss data. I put everyone in the back row, used her BSB between his turn 5 and 6, then spammed C1 to build meter so I could use it again between turns 13 and 14. He didn't get to his third cycle.

  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Why is it Wisdom Motes and Black Orbs day? Grr.

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I'm not quite putting it off to the last minute, but I'm starting to tackle the Crystal Tower stuff and Atlas proved to be as big a pain in the ass as I expected given chatter upthread. But then I remembered how broken good Sarah BSB is, especially after rereading the boss data. I put everyone in the back row, used her BSB between his turn 5 and 6, then spammed C1 to build meter so I could use it again between turns 13 and 14. He didn't get to his third cycle.

    Sarah has the most under rated BSB in the game in my experience. I love the tricks you can pull with it so much.

  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    OK/Raines/Alphinaud/Fujin/Y'shtola just blitzed Archaeoaevis to pieces with their BSBs.

    Smacked it down 8 times plus some damage, but completely forgot to use my abilities...or my third SB bar on most of my characters...or to refresh ProShellga... Could've done better, but eh, why bother.

  • mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Why is it Wisdom Motes and Black Orbs day? Grr.

    Black Crystals. You'll thank me later (where later = in 6 months)

This discussion has been closed.