As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Aww bummer, the KH rewards are spaced over ten days

And it sounds like we might be getting TWO kingdom keys? They look pretty bad though.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    The KH banner, now that some details have been datamined, looks a lot nicer than I was expecting. Sora's USB makes him alt-Bartz, his BSB is a weaker but more versatile version of Squall's BSB2, and Riku's USB looks like a slightly different version of a chase USB.

I'd guess that there'll be a Glint (probably CT0 en-dark for Riku), Riku BSB (no idea what this would look like), and a Heavy Combat BSB for Cloud (C1/C2 acting as charge/release, or possibly some weird toggle like Yuna BSB). That still leaves four more banner slots, at least two of which would be LMRs (my guess is Sora gets either dualcast SPB or quickcast SPB, while Riku gets Init En-Dark or dualcast Darkness), and the last two would likely be SSBs for Sora/Riku.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Why is it Wisdom Motes and Black Orbs day? Grr.

Black Crystals. You'll thank me later (where later = in 6 months)
    Black Crystals 6 months later doesn't help me when I literally can't do all the hones I want to right now.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Sora USB
    Riku USB
    Riku UOSB
    Sora BSB
    Riku BSB
    Sora LMR
    Riku LMR
    Sora Flash Art
    Riku Flash Art
    Cloud BSB3
    Something for Squall?
    Something for Tyro?
    Sora SSB
    Riku SSB

It's just speculation, but looks about right, based on what we know?

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Sora:

LM dive grants him 3 LM :
    Begin Combat with En-Fire & Haste
    Begin Combat with En-Ice & Haste
    Begin Combat with En-Lightning & Haste

Meaning to say you can choose which element he's going to start the battle with.

Fenrir [AOSB "Ragnarok", +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning Overflow ranged physical attack

Lionheart [USB "Strike Raid", +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning ranged physical attacks, Critical = 50% & EX "Connected Hearts" to user

EX "Connected Hearts": ATK +30% & chases Fire, Ice or Lightning Spellblade abilities with 4 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks

Metal Chocobo [BSB "Ars Arcanum", +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning/NE physical attacks, ATK & DEF +30% to user, Burst Mode

Attack -> 2 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning/NE physical attacks, +1 Combo, maximum 3 stacks

Defend -> 4~7 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning/NE physical attacks, number of hits/multiplier/critical rate is dependent on Combo level

Jungle King [Glint "Valor Form", ATK +10] - 0CT En-Fire & En-Fire Stack

Three Wishes [Glint "Wisdom Form", ATK +10] - 0CT En-Ice & En-Ice Stack

Crabhammer [Glint "Master Form", ATK +10] - 0CT En-Lightning & En-Lightning Stack

Sora's Guise [LMR "Connected Hearts", +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Spellblade abilities

Riku:

Oblivion [AOSB "Dark Aura", +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Dark Overflow physical attacks

Way to the Dawn [USB "Dark Firaga", +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Dark, ATK +30% & MND -30% and Darkhand Scourge to user

Darkhand Scourge: After using Dark abilities, chases with 5 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks

Soul Eater [BSB "Dark Hand Chop", +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, Burst Mode

Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, 0.825s CT

Defend -> 3 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, Darkness Damage +15% for 3 turns

Riku's Gloves [Glint "Dark Hand", +10 ATK] - 0CT En-Dark & En-Dark Stack

Riku's Guise [LMR "Seeker of Darkness", +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Cloud:

Buster Sword [BSB "Sonic Rave", +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark/Wind physical attacks, En-Dark, Burst Mode

Attack -> 3 single-target Dark/Wind physical attacks, Quick Cast 3

Defend -> 3 single-target Dark/Wind physical attacks, +1 Heavy, maximum 2 stacks

Cloud's Guise (KH) [LMR "Light Seeking Warrior", +10 ATK] - After using Dark abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1

Beasteh on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So many keyblades! This banner might be a trap banner. Lots of redundant Flash Arts. The flavor of everything is outstanding, though.

Sora looks like he will fit right in alongside Bartz and Squall as a top tier spellblade

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I am guessing cloud commands are heavy combat and therefore can't double? Is that better than BSB 2?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Sora looks like he will fit right in alongside Bartz and Squall as a top tier spellblade

I suddenly wish I had more mythril for this

IKknkhU.gif
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    So many keyblades! This banner might be a trap banner. Lots of redundant Flash Arts. The flavor of everything is outstanding, though.

I partially agree with this statement. The trap banner part. While it guarantees that Sora will have +70 ATK if you obtain and master all of his relics (a really good start to a brand new character considering most fresh new characters only get 2-3 relics on their introductory banner - sorry Angeal) it also means that pulling multiple times and getting any kind of dupe gives you a really solid 6/7/8* relic with about 6 months of powercreep behind it. Those stats are going to be bonkers.

Now if only 75% of the banner wasn't entirely made up of keyblades. :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    8/14 relics usable by only 3 characters sounds good!

Japan is getting first pull half off, will be hilarious to see what happens here.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

if we don't get the first pull half off there will be blood

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Man, I wasn't going to pull but that Cloud BSB and Sora's LMs are too freaking good. Gotta get a Bartz + Sora team together.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I would love half-off first pull, because then I could actually pull twice.

Not sure how I feel about Sora's LM setup. Locking Dualcast to an LMR is always a tricky business. It does make Ars Arcanum better than I expected, but it will also need one of his Glints to really do well, since none of his other SBs do enelement.

Dark Aura as a 3-OSB Arcane is weird to me. I would've expected it to be one of the 20-hit-then-Overflow types, considering its usual animation in the KH games.

Seems weird to be upset about 25 mythril but not care about 365.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited February 2018
    38thDoe wrote: »

Oh, they're not getting any gems for this from me, not unless something changes wrt daily missions, at the very least. Like, I haven't said much about that decision lately, but what's there to say, really? The choice has been made and it's on them to change the situation. If not, the not-paying continues.

Enlong on
    38thDoe wrote: »

what makes you think i don't care about us not getting daily missions

don't put words into my mouth please

Sorry, wasn't a personal attack. You said there would be blood, making me think you are talking about the general playerbase. Who really didn't do anything substantial for missing daily missions. It does seem odd that 25 mythril would cause an issue where 365 wouldn't. Not a personal attack. I'm also not suggesting what other people should or shouldn't be feeling. Again, apologies if offense was taken, it was not meant.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

its all good

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Three LMs in Sora's dive is very unexpected. All three of his Glints seem bad/trappy (edit: but I guess they save you on legend motes?), but the LMR is pretty great considering the dive LMs. Still need to see the numbers on the bursts and ultras to make a call there.

I'm surprised there's nothing for Squall on the banner.

Fry on
    edited February 2018
    one thing i'm surprised nobody has brought up: not everyone had the foresight to keep their ffv spellblade motes for 2+ years to give to sora

i personally won't be able to give him snowspell strike until we next get spellblade motes

Beasteh on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Wish list for tomorrow;

1) Daily missions!
    2) Double normal event rate until we're caught up with JP!
    3) More daily missions!

Sora's Glints actually seem really good when combined with his Legend Dive.

Well, possibly. If you use a Glint that allows for Aura stacking when you already have an elemental aura, does the ability to stack trigger before the Glint's aura activates? If so, then Sora could stack 3 levels of one enelement aura on one soul break bar, then go to town with a Spellblade.

If you're gonna wish, wish big I guess

Catching up with JP would be good, but I wonder if people would really like it in the long run? That 6 months of being able to meticulously plan mythril spends is a big deal

I wouldn't like double events. Getting one event done in a week is enough for me most weeks.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Enlong wrote: »

Well, possibly. If you use a Glint that allows for Aura stacking when you already have an elemental aura, does the ability to stack trigger before the Glint's aura activates? If so, then Sora could stack 3 levels of one enelement aura on one soul break bar, then go to town with a Spellblade.

IIRC, the aura stacking effect comes after, so you would have to use the Glint twice in order to see any benefit if the LM aura is already running. If you can jump straight to Aura 2 with one Glint use, that makes it a bit better, cranking your spellblades up from 150% to 180% is probably worth one instant turn.

Fry on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I wouldn't like double events. Getting one event done in a week is enough for me most weeks.

Agreed, the last thing I'd want is an extended version of the Rebirth dungeons.

one thing i'm surprised nobody has brought up: not everyone had the foresight to keep their ffv spellblade motes for 2+ years to give to sora

i personally won't be able to give him snowspell strike until we next get spellblade motes

Should only need to wait one more month then for that. Didn't a bunch of empowered job motes get released with special boss fights during 3rd Anniversary?

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Just be like me and never spend any job motes.

Woo

aeNqQM9.jpg

I never spend job motes ever. Hurray!

Except I wasn't really intending to pull here even though those relics do look pretty good...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I hear tell that enelement stacking triggers before an aura goes up, when using a Glint of that type. So I'd say that Sora's Glints are really strong with his Legend Dive.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

IIRC, the aura stacking effect comes after, so you would have to use the Glint twice in order to see any benefit if the LM aura is already running. If you can jump straight to Aura 2 with one Glint use, that makes it a bit better, cranking your spellblades up from 150% to 180% is probably worth one instant turn.

I'm nearly positive that using a glint with an aura active causes it to jump to two stacks of the aura. That being said, it doesn't overwrite the duration of the first aura, so it will go back down to one when the original one expires.

Knight_ wrote: »
    Just be like me and never spend any job motes.

Woo

We got our first and only batch of spellblade motes on like, my 2nd day back from a year-long hiatus, so I had no idea what motes and record diving was all about, so I just used all of them on Tyro to get the 3% spellblade damage use, not realizing how rare they were.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I'll have the last two dungeon updates to grind through to get some mythril, we'll see what my count looks like then. I'm interested in pulling, but not convinced I will.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Considering how close we are to the third anniversary banners, I think I'm going to skip unless we get a half price pull.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Javen wrote: »
    If you're gonna wish, wish big I guess

Catching up with JP would be good, but I wonder if people would really like it in the long run? That 6 months of being able to meticulously plan mythril spends is a big deal

I guess? You can get pretty far by not pulling if you can't clear all reasonable content, which is pretty easy. Magicite isn't reasonable so no reason to rush it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I think the answer to whether people would like it or not is self-evident based off of this thread right now.

Sure, we don't know what's coming, but that's the fun. FFRK has been a lot of fun and we get foresight and it allows us to prepare. But we basically NEVER get anything unexpected. The unexpected can be fun, too!

Eh. No foresight + less mythril than JP because even if we caught up I wouldn't trust that we'd get Daily Missions would be a BAD combo.

As it is now we can only just do our best to budget responsibly.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I'm just going to pull for Sora and Cloud BSB3.

Looking ahead at the Anniversary, the 15 3-pulls for realm stuff has a lot of potential for dupes/trash, and nothing new on them. I'll maybe pull on realms where my dupe ratio is like, less than 20%, but otherwise, I can save mythril on that. There's two 33-pulls, one free, the second for 50 mythril. I'll need to evaluate that second 33-pull based entirely on my mythril stock at the time. There are also 3 gem-only banners, with a select-a-LMR/BSB/OSB depending on the banner - mythril does not apply here, so whether I pull or skip doesn't affect my reserves.

The 5 big banners at the end are largely wildcards. The new AOSBs and Glints are likely to be there, yes (though with 30th anniversary remixing the LCSBs out of the main banners, who knows!) and there's some other precious new toys like the Yuffie banner, but out of the five banners? I lucked out in getting what I want from some of the previous banners (Chicken Knife, OK PUSB/LMR). AOSBs/Glints will be nice, but not necessarily for content clearing since they're all limited in use for longer fights. The future on JP banners is evident - USB2/3s that give ridiculous buffs and come with high-hit/damage chase attacks as 5* Magicite fights are on the way. Those relics come on future banners, not in the Anniversary.

We're getting 6 months of powercreep ahead of time, and Sora, Riku and even Cloud's BSB3 are pointing at that. Sora covers two elements that Bartz can't either, so he'll be a huge help in my ability to clear those 4* Magicites.

If Cloud's LM2 doesn't have a chance at doublecasting his BSB3 commands, it seems rather useless in practice, but we'll see I supppose

This discussion has been closed.