Options

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    cursedking wrote: »
    I love that you got so many good draws along with a million yuffie lmrs

I was a little bummed on that third pull, let me tell ya.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I went and pulled everything except Terra glint and Yuffie BSB2, took 7 pulls (2 with mythril)

Neither of those relics are necessary (Terra has better things to do with her gauge and I can pick up Yuffies on a select)

14 second Maliris now Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Typed up asking for advice on where/how to pull, talked myself into another go because this definitely has the best odds of something useful.

Second 1/11 5*. Fuck off, game.

Yuffie Glint. Another good item, but just disappointing to toss 100 mythril into this banner and get 2 5* for it.

How's this ability boost thing work again?

Jragghen on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    OH WHY NOT
    2nd pull
    2/11: Fire Chain, Terra LMR

Banner 5 100% saved this fest for me.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    A duck! wrote: »
    1/11 - Yuffie LMR
    2/11 - Yuffie LMR, Yuffie Ultra
    2/11 - Yuffie LMR, Tidus LMR
    2/11 - Tidus BSB, Yuffie...ASB!

Fuck yeah, complete Yuffie other than the Glint. Tidus chain continues to escape me, but I'll have to deal.

Can I trade you

I have a lot of extra Tidus chains

still technically have one leftover after I took the first one to 6++

<-- dead inside

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Fuck it, victory lap pull.

1/11 - Yuffie AOSB

I don't know what's more disgusting, these pulls, or the fact that this banner is still almost worth more pulls after four major hits. Two good chains, Yuffie glint, Terra LMR, and a few passable consolation prizes.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Well, 12 mythril left. By the time they go away, I can either do both luckies if they're curated, one and the realm lucky because I'm stupid, the last 5 realms on parade draws with any of the above, or roll the dice on a second 33 draw.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Ninja Ability Boost: R1/2/3/4/5 -> Ninja Damage +5/10/15/20/30%

Oh. That uh... That's better than I thought. Not sure it warrants a dive by itself (well, with her burst I guess) when I've already got Edge and Shadow dived (with BSB+LMR+USB0, and BSB+USB, respectively), and she can't compete with either one of them without a dive :/

• Options
    If all you have is her glint? Yeah I'd shy away from diving her unless you really have to sub 30 Maliris and Ixion

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    If all you have is her glint? Yeah I'd shy away from diving her unless you really have to sub 30 Maliris and Ixion

Well, I have her imperil water burst, too, which isn't bad, but doesn't really adjust the equation any. So she'd definitely be better for helping on Maliris than Shadow, but only as a second ninja to Edge, which would take a SERIOUS dark/ice orb investment first.

Ixion is the only 4* I've already got sub-30, though, so no need there :p

I guess the one other thing is the increased +ninja damage makes her the piercing magic ninja of choice, as the boost can replace a +element gear, effectively.

Also I just realized I've been typing Maliris as Marilis all this time.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I mean if they can't bother to spell it right why should you.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Galaxy Brain spelling is Kary

• Options
    CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    2nd pull

3/11 Disco all Yuffie USB

god that was a kick in the nuts

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Two banner 5 pulls, 100 gem, and the second 33, ‘cause I’m a sucker.

5/11, 2/11, rainbow, and 5/33.
    5/11: double Tidus glove dupes, double yuffie BSB dupes. Ugh. And Terra Glint. Ok...
    2/11: Terra ASB, Tidus glove dupe. Already have Terra USB... now we’re talkin’.
    Rainbow: Terra BSB. Hey now!
    5/33: Sarah BSB, Terra OSB, and HOLD ON WAIT A MINUTE I got the one OSB I really wanted in the whole damn game.

And now Terra will not make her enemies run before her screaming in terror. For she shall burn the whole world to ash. I come for you, Isgebind. And there is nowhere for you to flee.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKMLQ_RgJ4A

I didn't know he even played FF I. We should obviously ask @Fry for more information.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    The one plus for yuffie's dive is that yuffie is in a trash bucket. Onion is the only other character worth diving in brv/wis.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Pulled twice, first pull was 1/11 Terra glint feels bad.

Second was 2/11 1 disco, yuffie USB BSB, so that was awesome. Out of myth

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    The one plus for yuffie's dive is that yuffie is in a trash bucket. Onion is the only other character worth diving in brv/wis.
    The problem there is that SPI/BRV is even worse. So with nothing to balance it out every WIS/BRV dive is essentially one fewer WIS/SPI you can do, and that's an excellent category.

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    The problem there is that SPI/BRV is even worse. So with nothing to balance it out every WIS/BRV dive is essentially one fewer WIS/SPI you can do, and that's an excellent category.

we are missing 100 spi motes from the first sephiroth event, you so you get one extra wis/brv dive anyway if you want to balance out that part of the chart. and marche and beatrix both have doublecast dives in spi/brv so you can make it work.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

we are missing 100 spi motes from the first sephiroth event, you so you get one extra wis/brv dive anyway if you want to balance out that part of the chart. and marche and beatrix both have doublecast dives in spi/brv so you can make it work.
    The 100 brave motes you would be counting on would then have to come magically from somewhere and we're not that imbalanced in that direction.

With rounding we're at 900/900/900/1000/900 for motes--or 1xx/1xx/1xx/2xx/1xx into 3rd rotation. The missing 100 spirit motes doesn't matter yet.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Had four dupes going into this - Tidus CSB, Krile CSB, Tidus LMR, Terra LMR. So far, my luck has been pretty good about avoiding dupes. I'm going hard on this banner for the waifu factor.

3/11 - Yuffie BSB2, Yuffie BSB2 (dupe), Tidus LMR (dupe). That's two dupes already, but I guess I could always use another +water armor.
    1/11 - Terra GSB. At least it's +fire MAG armor.
    2/11 - Krile LMR, Krile LMR (dupe). Another +fire MAG armor? Why not! Krile now has en-fire, which she sorely needs.
    1/11 - Terra BSB2. Terra's now my designated third mage for long fights, plus yet another +fire MAG armor.
    2/11, two discos (!) - Terra ASB, Yuffie USB2! Hell yeah, jackpot!

Somehow, I managed to avoid any dupes of preexisting equipment besides that one Tidus LMR, and the new stuff is all usable. My Terra is now packing her USB/ASB/BSB2/GSB, while Yuffie's got her USB/USB2/BSB/BSB2. Time to burn the world and then drown it!

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Spectrum wrote: »

The 100 brave motes you would be counting on would then have to come magically from somewhere and we're not that imbalanced in that direction.

With rounding we're at 900/900/900/1000/900 for motes--or 1xx/1xx/1xx/2xx/1xx into 3rd rotation. The missing 100 spirit motes doesn't matter yet.

yea, they're coming from brv/vit because it's a trash bucket with at all 1 viable dive.

i'd rather have 100 extra vit motes with nothing to spend them on and have another doublecast ninja than literally any other dive in brv/vit except shelke.

edit: unless i missed motes somewhere that i don't remember, i currently have 100 more wis than spirit, and have dived 5 spi/wis and 1 each of wis/brv and spi/brv which doesn't match your numbers. not sure what's different.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

I didn't know he even played FF I. We should obviously ask Fry for more information.

I don't think that's quite the correct memetic reference, though you're correct that FF1 certainly has its share of plot holes and spelling errors.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Isgebind cried yield. Mostly, just cried. A stacked Terra with 569 unbuffed magic roasts Isgebind like a potato in under 30. First try, right through, in 27:34. No chain, no Onion mUSB. Terra got the ice/paralyze resist accessory. That’s 3 sub-30... lightning is at 31 seconds.

Terra Meltdown / Sudden Thunder / USB, OSB / LD / 30% weakness
    Onion Smoldering Fire / Faith / BSB / MM
    Shelke Entruster DMT
    Ramza Entruster LMR
    Eiko USB / LD
    RW Unicorn

The one real trick that took me a S/L to get right is that you need to put off Onion BSB until after Sudden Thunder goes off. Also, turned out that it helps to cast Eiko’s USB before each landing... but that may just be obvious.

• Options
    Jeez, I can't believe how greedy I'm feeling right now. I got almost everything I wanted on this banner, and yet I'm still side-eyeing Yuffie's Glint because of how much better it would make her off-element. But then maybe that's a silly thing to care about when I don't have chains for the physical ninja elements anyway.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Somehow, I managed to avoid any dupes of preexisting equipment besides that one Tidus LMR
    So. Much. Hate.

(congrats)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    1/11 Yuffie LMR
    2/11 Yuffie LMR :( Terra ASB Was hoping for a little bit more out of that but I have Terra's USB so this is at least a pickup.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Welp, did the second 33 pull for mega regret and sorrow

5/11: dupe seifer SSB garbage, dupe Orlandeau BSB, dupe Iris BSB, dupe Squall bsb2, Edward USB

That was an even bigger waste than the first 33 pull. Oh well, serves me right.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Edward USB seems like a strong prize. Pair it with Mage's Hymn, and he can greatly buff a Mage team's damage all on his own. Then pair that with Mana's Paean, Full Break, Entrust, Affliction Break, Enveloping Etude, Angelsong, or Allegro Con Moto, depending on the fight.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Edward USB seems like a strong prize. Pair it with Mage's Hymn, and he can greatly buff a Mage team's damage all on his own. Then pair that with Mana's Paean, Full Break, Entrust, Affliction Break, Enveloping Etude, Angelsong, or Allegro Con Moto, depending on the fight.
    The best use case seems ACM+Mage's Hymn but I'm not sure if I'm sold on that use of a character slot.

Comparison's sake, would you ever really want to field him over OK BSB/mUSB just Wrath/Entrusting? Maybe if all you have is Mages who don't have self-buffs but do have good meter gen...but that style of mage I feel tends to already get fastcast to compensate.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Probably not but not everyone has the best mage buff in the game.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Hmm. Should I dive Terra with just her OSB and AOSB (ok, also magitek missle, but let's all be serious)? No enFire is giving me some second thoughts...

• Options
    edited April 2018
    The best use case seems ACM+Mage's Hymn but I'm not sure if I'm sold on that use of a character slot.

Comparison's sake, would you ever really want to field him over OK BSB/mUSB just Wrath/Entrusting? Maybe if all you have is Mages who don't have self-buffs but do have good meter gen...but that style of mage I feel tends to already get fastcast to compensate.

Perhaps I wouldn't field him over Sage USB, but that's just because Sage USB adds one extra turn of fastcast over Hero's Rime. Otherwise they're pretty comparable. Especially if you're going for Entrust (and Edward can also do that), as then Onion isn't getting any benefit from his EX Mode.

I would absolutely field Edward USB over Onion BSB for a Mage team if both would be Entrusting, as it grants 2 turns of fast magic.

Enlong on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular

My Isgebind team uses Tyro with ACM/Mage's Hymn and no Entrusters, and RWs Raider as the second faithga. It absolutely works.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    anyone have a link to the test of knowledge answers? reddit deletes stuff way too quickly and I can't find it there.

• Options
    I think I am just skipping those. No mythril and the accessories aren't new or useful.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    orbs though?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    anyone have a link to the test of knowledge answers? reddit deletes stuff way too quickly and I can't find it there.

Reddit link for answers: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/867ouq/a_quiz_of_knowledge_cheat_sheets/

And I did a Stage 5 pull this morning, had one of my 4 year olds push the button this time.

2/11. disco.

Yuffie AOSB.
    Terra Glint.

My first Arcane, woo. Yuffie looks like a nice character to have around, so I'll probably start building her up. Thief/Ninja/Dancer/Sharpshooter, fun.
    The name of the SB does crack me up. Freewheeling Bloodfest. That sounds painful... but in a fun way?

• Options
    I'm doing them because hey! Trivia questions! That's fun.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Beat Tiamat! No champion, but at least he is out of the way for now. 70s clear time. I wanted to see if I can clear them all. 4/6 now, hopefully the rest will follow this month!

This discussion has been closed.