Options

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Before the ninja update, Yuffie was purely CM-only - now, she's a walking firehose. Every one of her recent SBs involves spamming water with a side bonus, and oftentimes that bonus is simply moar water.

RIP my dark orbs.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    ok,

today I have to finish up the V event and probably do the actual anniversary battles or maybe do the CT.

I've been putting it off for too long.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Before the ninja update, Yuffie was purely CM-only - now, she's a walking firehose. Every one of her recent SBs involves spamming water with a side bonus, and oftentimes that bonus is simply moar water.

RIP my dark orbs.

What's CM? There are still some acronyms that trip me up.

I've got a couple of OSBs, but I haven't built any of those characters yet. BSBs are working just fine for the content I'm doing. I'm sure if want to graduate to higher stuff that I'll need to start building USB and OSB people.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Cid Mission -usually some extra bonus for beating a level only with characters from its original game.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    100 Gem: Terra LMR

3/11 two discos:
    Terra LMR (dupe)
    Yuffie USB
    Terra AOSB

Well crap, that was awesome. Better do it again!

3/11 two discos...
    Terra Glint
    Tidus Chain dupe
    Yuffie AOSB

Man those were some amazing pulls.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    ok,

done with V, the MP was a PITA. now time for CT I think.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I will never not be able to see the CT acronym and think Chrono Trigger instead of Crystal Tower.

With FFBE possibly getting a Chrono Trigger collab in June, I would do embarrassing things for a Chrono Trigger collab along the same lines as KH.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I pulled on this most recent festival banner, ended up with Tidus Chain SSB 6* Sword. This game really wants me to play Tidus, I guess. Not sure how i can make the water chain work, i dont think i have anyone else who specializes in that element.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I pulled on this most recent festival banner, ended up with Tidus Chain SSB 6* Sword. This game really wants me to play Tidus, I guess. Not sure how i can make the water chain work, i dont think i have anyone else who specializes in that element.

If you Legend Dive Shadow, Edge, or Yuffie, they can do massive damage with the Ninja Blink Combo of Reflecting Pool and Raging Waters. Once the chain goes up, they can do lots of damage without any elemental aura. Any of them do well, though Shadow has some versatility advantage if none of them have relics, as his LM2 is +Ninja instead of +Water. OTOH, Edge and Yuffie have some amazing relics (shadow has good ones, but Shadow Fang can't measure up to Eblan Doppelgänger.)

Enlong on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I just did a whimsy 5 Mythril pull and got Yuffie's Glint to go with her USB/AOSB

They must really want me to keep playing, lol

• Options

There's an FFX event coming up in the next maintenance data drop. Banner 1 features relics for Tidus, Rikku, Paine and Lulu, all of whom can trigger the water chain effect. There's a few relics for Yuna on it as well. If you're looking for water stuff, it's a good option to consider because Tidus is arguably a top contender in his element.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

If you Legend Dive Shadow, Edge, or Yuffie, they can do massive damage with the Ninja Blink Combo of Reflecting Pool and Raging Waters. Once the chain goes up, they can do lots of damage without any elemental aura. Any of them do well, though Shadow has some versatility advantage if none of them have relics, as his LM2 is +Ninja instead of +Water. OTOH, Edge and Yuffie have some amazing relics (shadow has good ones, but Shadow Fang can't measure up to Eblan Doppelgänger.)

So it's worth using a ninja even without a relic?

Steam
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

So it's worth using a ninja even without a relic?

A couple of the ninja's have moderate doublecast as their LM2, which makes them good for DPS, provided you have the ninja abilities for them to use.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    The Ninja skills, much like the recently released Heavy Combat skills, write the check themselves.

You use Reflections/Shifting Sands to build two stacks of physical blink, and then use the 2nd skill (Raging Waters/Shadow Embodied/Desert Mirage) to deal 3/5/7 hits based on the number of blinks you have stacked.

Edge, Shadow and Yuffie are all capable of doublecasting ninja skills out of their Legend Dive, so they can do big burst damage. Other Ninjas (Lion, Kelger, Fujin) can't doublecast, but can still use those skills in the same way, it's just less than ideal damage. Literally the difference between something like 70k damage and 140k damage in one shot.

• Options
    I've basically crafted no 5* abilities. I only really crafted full break and the ones needed for Cid Quests. I should have a decent stockpile to make and hone abilities once i decide how i want to build

Steam
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    vs 4* Savage Marilith, my Edge hits for 7x9999 with Raging Waters once the chain gets to maximum, without using any SBs. And 35% of the time he gets to do it a second time that turn. It's really silly.

Fry on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I've basically crafted no 5* abilities. I only really crafted full break and the ones needed for Cid Quests. I should have a decent stockpile to make and hone abilities once i decide how i want to build

This is the best way to play really.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yea, but also sometimes you just wanna make a 2nd ripping blast because it would be fun for onion to doublecast it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Earth snake farming done finally, best time 22.17

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I think this water chain is faster.

I probably would have a better feeling if I didn't cast 3 Raging Waters with 0 blinks up because I am the most intelligent person in the world.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Wow, that's a squeaky-clean Isgebind sub-30. My record is 24:77, and I even had some runs where I recovered from multiple paralysis. Kitted-out Terra is a war crime, and I don't even have her USB! (Although I do have Onion Sage USB which helps in the cast speed department.)

Ice seems like a decent crystal type to farm, since Snowspell Strike and eventually Vortex are pretty high-priority hones and it might be nice to R4 Valigarmanda someday.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    tzsnKED.jpg

It's faster (+8.3 second improvement!).

First sub-30 4* Magicite, although to be fair, I've only killed 2 different 4* Magicites. Also the first 4* Magicite I've killed solo-healing, which answers the question as to whether Penelo BSB is capable of solo healing a Magicite: yes, Last Stand will carry you. It helps if you only have to cast it twice, and it doubly helps if Marilith doesn't ever cast Savage Flash Slash due to killing her too fast.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I made terrible decisions, not hyperbolic this time. Like, I actually didn't think this through.

I decided to go hard on banner 5.

After 9 pulls it BARELY worked out.

4x(!!!) Krile Chain, the one I didn't want
    1x Krile Materia
    2x Terra AOSB(Fine I guess.)
    1x Terra Glint
    1x Terra LMR
    3x Yuffie Glint
    2x Yuffie LMR
    1x Yuffie USB
    1x Yuffie BSB
    1x Yuffie AOSB(All the Yuffie stuff came in the first 3 pulls, you'll see why this is bad.)
    5X Tidus BSB(Dupe)
    1x Tidus LMR
    1x Tidus Chain(On the VERY LAST PULL)

Out of ALL of that, here is what I wanted

Tidus Chain
    Yuffie USB
    Terra BSB2
    Krile Fire chain(in case of BSB2 for Terra)

My top want was probably Terra's BSB2, since I have been sitting on Terra's OSB for literal years, with Water chain and Yuffie's USB a close second.

Well at least Yuffie's a golden god I guess!

But that's not the mistake

The mistake is, I should have made literally zero pulls on this banner.

Because I am completely out of resources for leveling any more characters. So I got relics for characters that the highest level is 80(Tidus) and Yuffie was only 50.

WHOOPS!

Future proofing I guess?

• Options
    I feel like I've asked this before, but: does Tyro's LM2 (extends the duration of buffs he casts) apply to the short-lived buff that the user of Mage's Hymn or Warrior's Hymn gets which makes the next use of the song apply a stronger buff?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Some lunatic on reddit solo'd Kraken.

With Ovelia.

• Options
    I'm the 1 Actions Taken medal after 44:04.73.

Characters
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

With Ovelia.

What

Why

That is as insane as it is impressive.

• Options

With Ovelia.

What

Why

The why is because he accidentally did this for the last bits of Kraken's health during an ordinary run. Kraken killed everyone but Ovelia, and he decided to run with it until she actually won.

This is the same concept driven to a ridiculous degree.

BRB, legend diving Relm for her version of Ovelia's elemental defense LM.

• Options
    I feel like I've asked this before, but: does Tyro's LM2 (extends the duration of buffs he casts) apply to the short-lived buff that the user of Mage's Hymn or Warrior's Hymn gets which makes the next use of the song apply a stronger buff?

It extends the buff length, but not the 10s refresh requirement, so it only helps on the last cast.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

It extends the buff length, but not the 10s refresh requirement, so it only helps on the last cast.

So it doesn't extend the self-buff that acts as the counter for the song stacks? That's a bummer.

• Options

With Ovelia.

What

Why

First Ramza, then Orlandeau, then Marche, now Ovelia.

Tactics too stronk.

• Options
    I wonder if Sephiroth has any business trying to roll with a Fire Chain team using Warring Flame and his OSB. probably not.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    So I got Cloud's USB. He can carry me through things now, right? How do I get him to put me on his back and destroy worlds?

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Ugh. So my old Marilis team with my new stuff does too much damage and goes to Weak phase too quickly and just dies to Savage Firaga spam.

So I revamped it with Shelke in for Paine, and with Yuffie AOSB as a finisher my time is now in the ~22-25s range, which is a nice improvement. I killed it 6 times in a row for the week yesterday, no muss no fuss.

Today I thought I'd farm more Fire crystals, and I've spent hours plural trying to kill it, and I just can't do it again. Same team as last night. Could there be something wrong with me? The kill was fine yesterday, and now everything is going wrong, always, and I can't figure out the difference.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Isegebind hurts, ow my face.

Why do both of the dragons throw out so much damage :/

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Dalantia wrote: »
    So I got Cloud's USB. He can carry me through things now, right? How do I get him to put me on his back and destroy worlds?

Step 1: Have Omega Drive. It's a very hard hitting Combat ability
    Step 2: Legend Dive him. It gives you dualcast Combat
    Step 3: Have some other people with things like hastega, protectga, shellga, healing to keep people alive/increase his attack/etc
    Step 4: Have him cast the USB and then use Omega Drive. Individual hits will probably/possibly break the damage cap, and it'll have a 35% dualcast chance.
    Optional: Have him equip Retaliate for his second ability, cast that, and have your other teammates attack him, which will cause him to counter by hitting the enemy, with up to 4 hits depending on the ability used (note: not everything counters).

As you get to higher end content, the "will break damage cap" becomes "may break damage cap" depending on other buffs.

The REAL wheel of death is Cloud+USB+BSB2 (which is enWind and the attacks are wind-element combat abilities) with the Wind chain because it also increases critical hit damage.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Yay, Marilith down in 29:58! Although it was more for pride than for practical farmability; it took a couple hours to get right even once, and there is very little leeway. But at least I can say I did it.

Yuffie (LD) - Raging Waters + Reflecting Pool - USB+AOSB - 30% Weakness, +40% water gear
    Rydia (LD) - Ogopogo - BSB2 + OSB - Mako Might, +20% water gear
    Onion Knight (LD) - Chain Waterga + Faith - BSB - 30% Water RM, +20% water gear
    Shelke (LD) - Wrath/Entrust - Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Eiko - Curada + Shellga - USB - Gathering Storm
    Magicite: Octomamm

The main takeaway here is that without a chain, ninjas are strong but not, like, insane. Yuffie was doing about 42k per Raging Waters, plus around 20k from the chase. AOSB hit for around 150k I think? Too bad I don't have a chain for even one of the physical ninja elements.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Dalantia wrote: »

Step 1: Have Omega Drive. It's a very hard hitting Combat ability
    Step 2: Legend Dive him. It gives you dualcast Combat
    Step 3: Have some other people with things like hastega, protectga, shellga, healing to keep people alive/increase his attack/etc
    Step 4: Have him cast the USB and then use Omega Drive. Individual hits will probably/possibly break the damage cap, and it'll have a 35% dualcast chance.
    Optional: Have him equip Retaliate for his second ability, cast that, and have your other teammates attack him, which will cause him to counter by hitting the enemy, with up to 4 hits depending on the ability used (note: not everything counters).

As you get to higher end content, the "will break damage cap" becomes "may break damage cap" depending on other buffs.

The REAL wheel of death is Cloud+USB+BSB2 (which is enWind and the attacks are wind-element combat abilities) with the Wind chain because it also increases critical hit damage.

Cloud USB needs either Zack Windchain or Ramza Chant to boost crit damage to make it really do some heavy lifting. Add in some Magicite with crit damage boost too.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah, its find something wind weak, or imperil wind, Zack Chain + Hailstorm + Cloud USB>Cloud BSB>Cloud USB, Cloud USB, Cloud USB
    The final Cloud USBs should hit around 99999x5 unless you are on magicite or something.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Ugh. So my old Marilis team with my new stuff does too much damage and goes to Weak phase too quickly and just dies to Savage Firaga spam.

So I revamped it with Shelke in for Paine, and with Yuffie AOSB as a finisher my time is now in the ~22-25s range, which is a nice improvement. I killed it 6 times in a row for the week yesterday, no muss no fuss.

Today I thought I'd farm more Fire crystals, and I've spent hours plural trying to kill it, and I just can't do it again. Same team as last night. Could there be something wrong with me? The kill was fine yesterday, and now everything is going wrong, always, and I can't figure out the difference.

You’re probably doing the fight too well. Whenever I had too much damage I would die to the forced savage firagas. My 20.16s clear was terrifying, my 28s clears are an easy stroll. Marilith definiatly does not appreciate being killed fast unlike most magicite bosses.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.