Options

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Ugh. So my old Marilis team with my new stuff does too much damage and goes to Weak phase too quickly and just dies to Savage Firaga spam.

So I revamped it with Shelke in for Paine, and with Yuffie AOSB as a finisher my time is now in the ~22-25s range, which is a nice improvement. I killed it 6 times in a row for the week yesterday, no muss no fuss.

Today I thought I'd farm more Fire crystals, and I've spent hours plural trying to kill it, and I just can't do it again. Same team as last night. Could there be something wrong with me? The kill was fine yesterday, and now everything is going wrong, always, and I can't figure out the difference.

You’re probably doing the fight too well. Whenever I had too much damage I would die to the forced savage firagas. My 20.16s clear was terrifying, my 28s clears are an easy stroll. Marilith definiatly does not appreciate being killed fast unlike most magicite bosses.

Yeah, I wouldn't try speeding it up unless you're using Bismarck and have an instant cast healer SB (preferably with mblink or Last Stand). Most characters can't survive two Savage Firagas even with full HP unless they're legend dived - Maliris throws out three just to be a dick.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Fork tower done, immediately gobbled up the motes to Zack/Yuffie/Rinoa.

Minotaur actually got pretty hairy with his long strings of consecutive attacks, Last Stand is suggested in case of bad RNG. The “holy” cast at the end actually had me worried for a moment before I remembered what happens.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Has anyone used Luneth USB, Zack USB, Bartz USB+enwind, and Cloud USB+enwind without dedicated entrust support, enough to compare them? Especially Luneth and Zack. I'm trying to plot an attack on Midgardsormr - preferably one that will eventually be sub-30 - without chain and with new SBs (Luneth & Zack USBs and Bartz en-wind - hoping we get a gem selection draw so I can pick up Cloud's BSB2).

Any thoughts on Luneth and Zack dives? Also considering Riku (ASB, USB, LMR) and Sora (ASB, BSB, LMR, Fire Glint).

Daffydd on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I only have Bartz USB and Cloud USB/BSB2. They are pretty effective together at driving up the chain, but without the chain sub 30 will be tough I think.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I recommend using the first fork tower fight to build meter for the later two. It can be tough in the third.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Was the point of that survey solely informative? All we got from it was the results?

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Oy, the poll results. I'd have to think twice on pulling from any banner made from the poll.
    SSBs: 4/5 dupes (don't have Noctis's)
    BSBs: 3/5 dupes (don't have Cloud 2 or Tidus 2)
    OSBs: 2/5 dupes (have Lightning and Orlandeau)
    USBs: 3/5 dupes (don't have Orlandeau or Onion pUSB)
    CSBs: 2/5 dupes (have Rinoa and Tidus, my only two)
    Total: 14/25 dupes.

Edit: Unless it's a selection draw. A man can dream.

Daffydd on
  • Options
    Daffydd wrote: »
    Has anyone used Luneth USB, Zack USB, Bartz USB+enwind, and Cloud USB+enwind without dedicated entrust support, enough to compare them? Especially Luneth and Zack. I'm trying to plot an attack on Midgardsormr - preferably one that will eventually be sub-30 - without chain and with new SBs (Luneth & Zack USBs and Bartz en-wind - hoping we get a gem selection draw so I can pick up Cloud's BSB2).

Any thoughts on Luneth and Zack dives? Also considering Riku (ASB, USB, LMR) and Sora (ASB, BSB, LMR, Fire Glint).

Oh hey, looks like we're in roughly the same position for wind!

Cloud USB is a definite requirement for your team just because of how ridiculous it is. Zack is probably a no-go unless you're going all-in on the "In Cloud We Entrust" strategy, where his imperil could help. If you've got Snowspell Strike honed to R3 then Bartz USB is excellent. Personally I'd roll with Cloud/Luneth/Zack for now.

I haven't tried Luneth's USB yet, but I'm 90% sure I'm going to dive him with all the stuff the fest gave me. I have Zack's CSB/BSB combo, but I'm not sure if he's worth diving alongside Luneth since their dives are practically (if not actually) identical, though IC3 is definitely nice for powering out the chain.

Riku is definitely diveworthy - I've got all of his stuff and I haven't even gotten the chance to use his BSB/GSB yet, just because his USB/LMR/ASB are absolutely solid. Sora is also extremely good - the GSBs aren't super important for magicite, but his BSB+LMR combined with the init en-element from his legend dive turns him into fire/ice/lightning Squall with an ASB finisher.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Dream Select (at least one of them) is confirmed for Thursday night. I wonder if it will be three at once or if they will spread them out? I guess we'll find out tomorrow night at ~6pm PDT.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Daffydd wrote: »

I think it’s going to be pretty difficult to sub-30 on dirt snake there without trying to abuse cloud’s ultra. I wouldn’t bother with bartz enwind, just usb and SSS is all you need there.

Personally I use luneth dove with bsb/aosb, Zack with chain, bartz with usb and onion with usb to get my sub-30, and it’s not exactly got a lot of room to spare. Without the power of the chain it seems pretty difficult to get over that hump because wind just feels weaker than a lot of other elements at the high end until cloud has the quadstrike.

Luneth dive is decent, I took it because it lets him get enough meter to bsb and aosb before 30s. Zack’s is good if you’re trying to put the chain up quick but it’s in a very contested category you can’t get many dives in and his ultra probably isn’t worth it imo.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Suggestions for priority of MC3s? I've got every BSB+ to 99, all of the RM4s which I think are important, a healer for every realm, I THINK 5 people for every realm (I'll have to double check), so I'm kinda blanking on what to prioritize.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Suggestions for priority of MC3s? I've got every BSB+ to 99, all of the RM4s which I think are important, a healer for every realm, I THINK 5 people for every realm (I'll have to double check), so I'm kinda blanking on what to prioritize.

I have been just leveling whoever, since it’s mostly a side effect of magicite leveling at this point. I have so many mc3s that whenever I finish someone I’ll just go down my list and pick someone at random if I have to. Never know, they might become useful.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Dream Select is what, again?

• Options
    My Terra is sitting at 800 MAG with bravery synergy.

...I don't think I'll need that second faithga.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Gem only banners

• Options

Gem only banners

Ah, nothing to worry about, then.

• Options
    Does anyone have an up-to-date spreadsheet of legend dives? Mine hasn't been updated since the recent XIV event.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Ugh. So my old Marilis team with my new stuff does too much damage and goes to Weak phase too quickly and just dies to Savage Firaga spam.

So I revamped it with Shelke in for Paine, and with Yuffie AOSB as a finisher my time is now in the ~22-25s range, which is a nice improvement. I killed it 6 times in a row for the week yesterday, no muss no fuss.

Today I thought I'd farm more Fire crystals, and I've spent hours plural trying to kill it, and I just can't do it again. Same team as last night. Could there be something wrong with me? The kill was fine yesterday, and now everything is going wrong, always, and I can't figure out the difference.

You’re probably doing the fight too well. Whenever I had too much damage I would die to the forced savage firagas. My 20.16s clear was terrifying, my 28s clears are an easy stroll. Marilith definiatly does not appreciate being killed fast unlike most magicite bosses.

Yeah, going too fast, I'm not sure when to heal. With my old slow runs, I had all my Aphmau USBs timed to go off after the Savage Firagas. Now I'm finding with all the blink stacks and such on Yuffie, I can't see her health and know when it's time to pop one. Maybe a half dive for +healing for Aphmau? Her LM2 is god-awful.

Gem only banners

I'd like to kill Tiamat, so I'm probably going to buy Squall BSB2. Probably more useful with his Legend Dive than Ayame.
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Does anyone have an up-to-date spreadsheet of legend dives? Mine hasn't been updated since the recent XIV event.

What info are you looking for specifically? I like this dude's Twitter for info about Legend Dives: https://twitter.com/onworld1

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

What info are you looking for specifically? I like this dude's Twitter for info about Legend Dives: https://twitter.com/onworld1

I had a Google Docs spreadsheet with all the characters listed, along with notes about their LM1 and LM2. Guess I'll have to update it manually!

• Options
    Messed around with Tiamat some more. Should be able to single heal with entrust, which looks to chop off 10 seconds. Just ran out of steam on a run where Ayame didn't dualcast the entire fucking fight.

Still not seeing anything close to sub-30 though. Thinking swapping OK in for Rikku.

Protect is the one that basically does nothing on Tiamat, right?

• Options
    Messed around with Tiamat some more. Should be able to single heal with entrust, which looks to chop off 10 seconds. Just ran out of steam on a run where Ayame didn't dualcast the entire fucking fight.

Still not seeing anything close to sub-30 though. Thinking swapping OK in for Rikku.

Protect is the one that basically does nothing on Tiamat, right?

Nono, Shellga is the skippable one of the two.

Twister does low normal wind magic damage.
    Savage Twister does high piercing wind magic damage.
    Jet Fire does medium normal fire physical damage.
    Savage Jet Fire does high normal wind/fire physical damage.
    Silent Claw does normal physical damage.

With just Wall and Wind resist accessories Twister should be manageable. If you skip Protect Savage Jet Fire will destroy you.

• Options
    edited April 2018

Gem only banners

Well, no, it's a good time to send a "I used to give money to this game, and I'm still enjoying it and would like to buy into these banners, but I can't justify it when we're about 3 months behind on daily missions and only dropping further behind where the game balance should be" email.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    It's not like more mythril would have helped me pull what I wanted, anyway.

It would have been just 5 more Tidus Chain dupes.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    So Shelke on my Tiamat team and I can do a mid 30s, but there's a pretty high chance of catastrophic failure near the end. Switch her out for Rosa for extra healing/mblinking twisters, and it's closer to 50 seconds with moderate chance for failure.

My takeaway from this is that either way Tiamat suuuuccks and I want to finish this so badly and please stop dropping Sylphs.

• Options
    News from JP includes three new abilities:
    Quick Disaster (Celerity) - 0CT 3xST Wind/Lightning physical dmg
    Burn Ride (Thief) - 5xST Fire physical dmg, HP Absorb
    Storm Ride (Thief) - 5xST Wind physical dmg, HP Absorb

I'm very sad that they keep fuckin up the translations on abilities because Burn Ride and Storm Ride are amazing names. Prolly give us Firey Sneak and Breezy Sneak instead the butts.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Heat's Revenge and Breeze's Revenge, you mean

I'm still not over Flash -> Glint, the fuck. If this were run by the DFFOO team that would have been renamed already. Twice.

• Options
    Well, a Glint is still an event that is fast and brief.

Now, if it had been "gleam" or "glow"? That'd be weird.

I'm more annoyed by Leaping Rush and Ripping Blast. The first word should be the same.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Does Lightning have 6* Spellblade access in JP yet?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Has anyone who didn't start with access to the Snowspell Strike sphere ever gotten it later?

• Options
    Oompa-Loompa Doopity Dale / Fat Chocobo's got new items for sale

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Aegis wrote: »
    Does Lightning have 6* Spellblade access in JP yet?

No, and probably not going to get it. That new 6* Celerity ability right there is partially intended for her use.

edit to reply to below: True that the instant-cast 6* celerity ability doesn't get any benefit from lightning's High Quickcast cycle, but it'll probably still end up better DPS than Thundering Quadstrike. Also, I expect Lightning to get a new USB on the next XIII event, either with a chase or with a Brave mode, and either of those would absolutely love the new ability.

Fry on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    News from JP includes three new abilities:
    Quick Disaster (Celerity) - 0CT 3xST Wind/Lightning physical dmg
    Burn Ride (Thief) - 5xST Fire physical dmg, HP Absorb
    Storm Ride (Thief) - 5xST Wind physical dmg, HP Absorb

I'm very sad that they keep fuckin up the translations on abilities because Burn Ride and Storm Ride are amazing names. Prolly give us Firey Sneak and Breezy Sneak instead the butts.
    Ugh, why would they have made the lightning celerity ability's gimmick 0CT? Lightning USB doesn't give a shit about 0CT. And she, Luneth and Zack all have 0CT legend dives, so using it to build initial meter on them makes no sense either!

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

Minotaur actually got pretty hairy with his long strings of consecutive attacks, Last Stand is suggested in case of bad RNG. The “holy” cast at the end actually had me worried for a moment before I remembered what happens.

Hah, I finally had time to do the Normal FT and this Hard stuff pops up.
    I did the melee side last night, and it was super, super easy. Like, I one-shot the dueling knights. The minotaur took a couple more hits, but I'm not sure he actually attacked. Sometimes I miss monster attacks because the monsters don't move. With all the flashing on the screen from the SBs, I sometimes miss the little flash the monsters do when they attack.

How hard is the Hard FT? The stamina is so low, I'll probably take a stab just for kicks. Maybe I can do the first or second levels.

And is the holy thing where he says "out of MP"? I was super confused by that, as there's no MP in RK. I'm guessing it was a Story-related thing?

Gem only banners

Hmmm.. I don't know that I really want to buy gems... but wouldn't mind supporting the game. How many gems are these Dream Banners usually, and do they contain anything super useful?

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Selner wrote: »

Gem only banners

Hmmm.. I don't know that I really want to buy gems... but wouldn't mind supporting the game. How many gems are these Dream Banners usually, and do they contain anything super useful?

3000 gems, so around $30. The biggest prize will depend on what you've managed to pull, but Squall's BSB2 is one of the options and it's still crazy good, even in JP

Narbus on
  • Options
    The hard fork tower is significantly harder than the easy one. You'll probably have no trouble with the first floor on either side, but the second and third will be tough. Equivalent difficulties are 220 and 300, I think?

No harm in trying, though.

• Options

I did the melee side last night, and it was super, super easy. Like, I one-shot the dueling knights. The minotaur took a couple more hits, but I'm not sure he actually attacked. Sometimes I miss monster attacks because the monsters don't move. With all the flashing on the screen from the SBs, I sometimes miss the little flash the monsters do when they attack.

How hard is the Hard FT? The stamina is so low, I'll probably take a stab just for kicks. Maybe I can do the first or second levels.

And is the holy thing where he says "out of MP"? I was super confused by that, as there's no MP in RK. I'm guessing it was a Story-related thing?

Gem only banners

The "out of MP" thing goes back to FFV.

Fork Tower was a place where the ultimate black and white magics (Flare and Holy) were sealed. The party had to split up and tackle both towers at once (lest the tower explode). One path only allowed magic to be used, and the other disallowed magic. Minotaur guards the Holy spell at the top of the tower of no-magic. When he's defeated, he's all "feel now the power of the ultimate White Magic!" and tries to cast Holy on your party. But since he's in the no-Magic tower, he has no MP (because why would he need it otherwise?) and the spell fails. FFRK is reproducing Minotaur's failure for the laughs.

Hilariously, you can actually make him properly cast Holy in FFV if you take the time to feed him an Ether.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Catching up, it's been a busy few days.

Banner 5:
    1/11 Krile CSB
    1/11 Terra BSB2

Basically the worst possible non-dupe 1/11s, CSB is of course welcome but there were so many wants on this banner, hurts to only have enough mythril for 2 pulls. Alas.

Went and chose Ayame's relics from Dream Selection, fully LD'd her, and got a 37s Tiamat for my troubles, a massive improvement from my previous 1m5s non-mastery kill.

Alt account:
    2/11 Terra AOSB, Terra LMR
    4/11 Yuffie GSB, Terra LMR (dupe), Yuffie LMR, Tidus BSB2 (dupe)
    1/11 Terra BSB2

Guess it's time to LD Terra and probably Yuffie as well...

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'll wait to see what the picks are on the dream selection banners, but at the moment it's a hard pass.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    It's unlikely to change.

I'm begrudgingly picking Tidus LMR now, since even that didn't come home on Banner 5.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Gem only banners

Trust me the game is well supported.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

This discussion has been closed.