As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Yeah; I did the last set of Gem-only banners, but I ain't doing these. DFFOO has shown me how good it can be having regular, earnest support from the developer. Hell, even FFBE has a community rep now who posts on the subreddit all the time.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    So I’ve finally beaten all the 4* magicites! Expert only for earth and wind, but somehow got champion on Ixiom.

Edge has been crutch for most of my wins. I’ve also come to significantly appreciate Penelo USB. I also dove her fully since I haven’t done that for any healers yet. The increase in healing is noticeable and the random heals from dancing is sometimes helpful.

I think I will stick with beating water, fire and ice since those are easily repeated and I should be able to sub 30 kraken.

Edit: I don’t post here as often as most of you folks do, but I appreciate all of the discussion and advice! That’s mostly how I’ve been able to figure out the challenging parts of the game for sure.

Ardor on
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Does anyone have an up-to-date spreadsheet of legend dives? Mine hasn't been updated since the recent XIV event.

What info are you looking for specifically? I like this dude's Twitter for info about Legend Dives: https://twitter.com/onworld1

I had a Google Docs spreadsheet with all the characters listed, along with notes about their LM1 and LM2. Guess I'll have to update it manually!

Enlir's gigantic spreadsheet (Google sheet or Excel download) and MisterP's .pdf remain the gold standard of FFRK information sources. Both will tell you everything you want to know about legend dives - and everything else.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    Selner wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Dream Select is what, again?

Gem only banners

Hmmm.. I don't know that I really want to buy gems... but wouldn't mind supporting the game. How many gems are these Dream Banners usually, and do they contain anything super useful?

3000 gems, so around $30. The biggest prize will depend on what you've managed to pull, but Squall's BSB2 is one of the options and it's still crazy good, even in JP

That's probably too rich for me. Especially given all the free stuff we just got. And I've got 200 mithril to throw at things too. With a bunch of mithril that's within pretty easy reach too.

I'm probably not properly using the stuff I've got, no need to go add more stuff.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    You can go very, very far without spending a single dime on the game. If you're lucky, you can in fact do everything. In fact, all that gems normally do WRT increasing your power is to give you more chances to roll the dice, so it still comes down to luck anyway. I'd suggest just sticking with mythril, especially if the price makes you reconsider.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah, if you want to support the game, you can do the 100 gem pull every once and awhile if there's something you really want from the banner, but gem pouches are largely the trappiest of traps.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    100 Gems are pure nonsense and I don't do them any more.

Yeah, on average, they should give more relics, but if you can't roll for shit like me then just lean on the G5.

If you want to support the game at all to the smallest degree, just do a once/fest gem roll on a Dream select and literally buy a relic that you've wanted for awhile or need or something.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    If there's no dream select LMR banner, then I guess I'm saving money this fest. If there is, I'm banking on Tyro's being an option.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Last commands in to take down Tiamat, guaranteed it can't kill me as I just need that last hit to go in, health at full + stock + mblink in place.

Game crashes.

If you inexplicably hear someone cursing from halfway around the world, yo that's me

FFFFF--

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Last day for FFV banners.

My FFV stuff is kind of sparse, I could really use a Hastega SB, Kelgar's stuff is pretty good, and +Ice items.

Maybe one pull on banner 1? On the other hand, even if I got Xexat's stuff, it would definitely never be used outside FFV CMs, and Kelgar is outmatched by LD Yuffie.

• Options
    I did 100 gem pulls during year 2 of the game and I agree with the idea that they don’t make make sense now compared to 11 pulls with G5.

I did enjoy the small chance of getting something from each banner! However most of the 5* gear I did get I rarely used. My best was OK bsb on its debut, nothing else had been used much if at all.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    I did 100 gem pulls during year 2 of the game and I agree with the idea that they don’t make make sense now compared to 11 pulls with G5.

I did enjoy the small chance of getting something from each banner! However most of the 5* gear I did get I rarely used. My best was OK bsb on its debut, nothing else had been used much if at all.

I suppose that's true; the G5 on 11 pulls, plus the 'select a relic' banners have kind of changed the dynamic on the 100 gem pulls.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »

I suppose that's true; the G5 on 11 pulls, plus the 'select a relic' banners have kind of changed the dynamic on the 100 gem pulls.

I think one thing someone here said was, you can either have a small chance of getting something spread across 30 banners, or G5 a useful banner with stuff on it that you want. Now that we’re looking for specific relics like chains or USBS, it makes more sense to pull on stacked banners, even with the threat of tiny bee/11.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    The hard fork tower is significantly harder than the easy one. You'll probably have no trouble with the first floor on either side, but the second and third will be tough. Equivalent difficulties are 220 and 300, I think?

No harm in trying, though.

Haha, Hard mode was much too hard for me. I lack the DPS for the magic tower, as I could take out the front two but I couldn't do enough damage fast enough to the big guy. Oh well.
    And I appear to lack defense for the melee tower. I could just barely take down one knight before getting rolled.

So there's no chance I'd be able to even touch the 2nd lvls of either side.

I should probably start plugging in motes, and start looking at some strat guides.

• Options
    Last day for FFV banners.

My FFV stuff is kind of sparse, I could really use a Hastega SB, Kelgar's stuff is pretty good, and +Ice items.

Maybe one pull on banner 1? On the other hand, even if I got Xexat's stuff, it would definitely never be used outside FFV CMs, and Kelgar is outmatched by LD Yuffie.

The stuff on that banner is nice for containing a lot of +Element gear. I'm not likely to ever use Kelger, but the 1/11 Kelger LMR draw I wound up getting is still helping me out, by being a +Earth armour I can give to lots of characters.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I’ve gotten shadow’s usb, shantotto’s usb, onion pusb (dupe rip), quistis osb, fang osb, sephiroth usb, lenna usb, bartz enwater bsb, and some other less good items from 100 gem in the last year. It’s alright.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Just realized it took me until this fest to get two BSBs for any character, and now I've got two.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    So I have a level 99 Marilith and level 99 King Bomb now.

That's it, the 4* Fire Magicite only drops 2 Magicites apparently.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    So I have a level 99 Marilith and level 99 King Bomb now.

That's it, the 4* Fire Magicite only drops 2 Magicites apparently.

I've killed Fenrir 10+ times, only ever drops Fenrir.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    WOOOOO

Last stone, needing one last silver dragon to drop, and it drops!

Tiamat is done! All of them are done! I've got to level the three 4* wind Magicites from 80 to 99 but after that I'll have 1 of every Magicite to 99!*

*Except for farming to get the monthly mythrils, and inheritance fodder. So, uhh, not really done at all is guess.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Will the gem selection banner have Shout or Shout Harder?

I'm anticipating no.

Characters
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

I'm anticipating no.

The JP versions did not, no.

BUT! Shout was a selectable relic in the JP Library of Guidance game update, which we should be getting in just a few months.

• Options

I'm anticipating no.

BUT! Shout was a selectable relic in the JP Library of Guidance game update, which we should be getting in just a few months.

Was it?

I was trying to look that up, but the format was horrible for what relics were available and I gave up.

Characters
  • Options

I'm anticipating no.

Was it?

I was trying to look that up, but the format was horrible for what relics were available and I gave up.

Yeah, it's part of Volume 5 Selection Relic.

Here's the link again for anyone who wants to try parsing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/7l7c51/library_of_guidance_jp_megathread/

• Options
    wasn't there something to do with Daily Missions as part of the library of guidance? It might not do to count our Shouts before they're hatched, I think.

• Options
    wasn't there something to do with Daily Missions as part of the library of guidance? It might not do to count our Shouts before they're hatched, I think.

Daily Missions just got moved into their own "tome" inside of there, but fair point.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    I hate Tiamat and will be relieved when I've farmed all 12 magicite.

I also hate that I will have to stare at a >30s time for a few months at least, barring some unexpected banners/pulls.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Absolute last minute pull on Xexat's banner, looking for a variety of things, but mostly +Ice armor and +Earth weapons.

2/11, no Discos. Kelgar LMR (+Earth ATK Light Armor) and Xexat LMR (+Ice Bangle).

Two good LMRs with element boost armors. Yep. Checks out right.

Down to 50 mythril. Haven't been this low in a long time.

• Options
    Man I want to pull on b5 before it goes away but I think the only thing saving me is that I’m in such a bad place right now that if I pull and don’t get what I want I’ll spend money without even wanting to.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Fucking lol. I 100 gemmed a 5*. Thinking oh well I have mostly dupes on this banner, that’s unfortunate.

I got a dupe, but it wasn’t the one I was expecting.

Fujin’s bsb. I almost dropped my phone in confusion.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Healing banner is SSB+.

Which means its probably a dupe minefield.

But also 11/36 are USB.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I went ahead on the healing banner.

5/11, 2 disco: Minwu SSB (insta-curaga heal), Larsa SSB (curaga+haste heal), Larsa BSB (dupe), and both discos were Penelo USB!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    That is a very good pull.

Penelo is worth a half-dive. She's not a full heal with the cure even with that, but it's a LOT better.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    damn it I thought banner 5 was ending tomorrow. I had enough in the dungeon backlog + magicite monthly to get another pull
    oh well, more lucky draws i guess, or maybe a pull on the x33 banner
    whats the next big banner again?

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    dupe ovelia usb
    larsa bsb

ehhhhh

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    The healer lucky probably isn't worth it, since my healing situation is pretty solid, but it's a small pool with a few decent items and I have a hard time resisting luckies.

3/11: Minwu SSB, Y'shtola BSB, Penelo USB

Okay, nevermind, that was totally worth 25 mythril. Minwu SSB is a dupe in all but name since I have his USB, but Y'shtola BSB is both a big improvement in-realm and my first wrathable medica, and Penelo USB is of course among the better ones. I'm not sure how often it actually beats out Eiko and Minwu's USBs, but I'm certainly happy to have it.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Someone explain to me that this banner is bad for me since I already have Asylum, Lifecrystal, Divine Portrait, and Word of Kindness.

• Options
    Penelo’s usb is honestly incredible. It was one of my most underrated pulls at the time.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Someone explain to me that this banner is bad for me since I already have Asylum, Lifecrystal, Divine Portrait, and Word of Kindness.

hear me out

always pull on lucky banners

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

hear me out

always pull on lucky banners

I mean, I did skip the last DU lucky we got, but this is more curated.

I guess I'll decide when I get the myth.

BTW, that Larsa BSB is pretty nice. Astra is a desirable effect, it has an insta-curaja, and Larsa gets Dualcast White in his legend dive.

This discussion has been closed.