As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Everyone should pull so you can have zero mythril like me. It is very soothing to not have to make descions on banners.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    eh, screw it. Now that the 4* Magicites are done and I have Hyper Mighty Grimoire, I don't need to worry overmuch about where my mythril is going for a little while. I'll chuck some myth at this banner.

!!!!!

5/11, 2 discoes!

Rosa SSB
    Ovelia SSB dupe (does the Rosa SSB count as a dupe? It's basically identical to this one)
    Lenna BSB
    Yuna USB dupe
    Aerith USB

Hrm. Well, this was a gamble anyway. I could maybe see myself using Lenna's BSB on Igsebind? I feel like the instant-cast on Relm's USB helps out more, though. Having a Grace effect on the instacuraja is neat.

Aerith's USB is objectively a great soul break. It's just that Relm kinda outclasses it, especially as I don't see myself using something like this first turn to get Shell.

The Mblink SSBs are something. Not a patch on Arc's instablink Curaga, but that's hardly a fair comparison, I suppose.

Not the best pull, despite the raw numbers, but it's some neat Cid Mission fare, and a change of pace I can try out. Both Ovelia and Rosa could be interesting with Entrust support, to get thier SSBs and BSBs going at the same time.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Aerith’s usb was really good on dirt snek, didn’t need first turn shell and saved a slot on onion for more pew which helped sub-30 a lot more consistently.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Hmm.

That idea has potential. What kinda pew pew did he roll with? I imagine either Meltdown or Raging Storm?

Also, looking at Aerith's legend dive. 35% chance to medica after casting White magic is a nice-sounding one. Dualcast White is probably still a lot stronger, but it certainly sounds better than Lenna's dive.

Enlong on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Wow, I have a downright impressive number of dupes on this healing lucky. Nah bro

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FF12-1 100 gems: 3* blah

Data for posterity:
    3? misses in a row

27?/229 lifetime

8?/69 this batch

9/65 last batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe).

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I have 20/36 dupes on this banner and I'm still considering it due to the sheer number of USBs.

Halp.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Mine was powerchain and ripping blast, so he was ready to fire off near instant ripping blasts once the chain is up. If you’re doing it mage or non-chain style meltdown and raging storm are both good.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Mine was powerchain and ripping blast, so he was ready to fire off near instant ripping blasts once the chain is up. If you’re doing it mage or non-chain style meltdown and raging storm are both good.

Perhaps I could give both my Raging Storms to Onion, and have Fujin instead Wrath up her BSB and/or OSB.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I don’t regret not pulling for god wall but man does it make torment 200 cms a lot more doable if you have an in realm burst.

Ez ff8 cm

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Alt lucky healer pull, 2/11: Selphie BSB, Aphmau USB

Good pull, no dupes!

Not sure if I should pull for main. I'm 13/36 on the banner. Could go either way. On the other hand, half price...

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I just 100-gemmed a dupe Larsa BSB

Okay, I guess?

Anyway, I still can't figure out which present to pick. I figure my best options are:
    FF3 for Luneth BSB and OSB. I don't really have many physical Wind options, so that could be nice. Not sure if Luneth BSB is worth taking when I have a native Cloud USB Chain.
    FF10 for Tidus BSB1 and OSB. This would give me every relic for Tidus except his BSB2, meaning his attack would be NUTS. My water team is already pretty powerful, though, so it may not be worth it.
    FF12 for Balthier BSB and Larsa SSB. I am sorely lacking in decent fire options and FF12 gear.
    FF14 for Papalymo OSB and Y'shtola SSB. This would mostly be to finally get Aetherial Pulse, completing my collection of Y'sh relics except for her USB (but who cares about that).

Thoughts?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Luneth BSB/OSB is a pretty decent combo, because the burst enWinds and has a cmd2 self buff trade-off. Not world breaking, but still. The healing item is pretty good, too, and all the equipment is +element.

Tidus BSB1 is kinda out of date, I think? If you're already water strong, I'd pass.

Balthier BSB is his BSB1, I think, which isn't too good -if it's his second, it's more useful.

If you've got wall and asylum, you'll probably never going to use aetherial pulse. The OSB/BSB combo is great, though, if you're fire lacking. But you seem to not be mentioning the BSB? it's the best one from this trio.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I already have Papalymo BSB.

The Balthier BSB is BSB2.

The question is: would Balthier BSB2 + OSB be better if I don't have a fire chain, or would Papalymo BSB + OSB be better?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    III is rather nice for +element everything.
    X has Tidus' 6* +water sword, which is rather nice. However, if you already have his USB, then that means you also have his 6* +water blitzball that works better with Sharpshooter skills.
    XII is rather meh - Balthier's BSB1 is pretty terrible, and his BSB2 is like Squall's buildup without the payoff. Larsa's SSB is a hastega medica, which has issues of its own.
    XIV is nice for Potato BSB. I did actually use Aetherial Pulse on a regular basis - I hate having to carry ProShell, so sometimes I'll use DMT/MM for OK USB and Aetherial Pulse, then RW Wall. Of course, now that GodWall exists, Aetherial Pulse is only really useful for magicites or other places where your RW is limited.

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    I already have Papalymo BSB.

The Balthier BSB is BSB2.

The question is: would Balthier BSB2 + OSB be better if I don't have a fire chain, or would Papalymo BSB + OSB be better?

I could also use the answer to this question, but with a chain.

I mean, I'm probably going to wind up picking Ayame anyway, but still.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I just 100-gemmed a dupe Larsa BSB

Okay, I guess?

Anyway, I still can't figure out which present to pick. I figure my best options are:
    FF3 for Luneth BSB and OSB. I don't really have many physical Wind options, so that could be nice. Not sure if Luneth BSB is worth taking when I have a native Cloud USB Chain.
    FF10 for Tidus BSB1 and OSB. This would give me every relic for Tidus except his BSB2, meaning his attack would be NUTS. My water team is already pretty powerful, though, so it may not be worth it.
    FF12 for Balthier BSB and Larsa SSB. I am sorely lacking in decent fire options and FF12 gear.
    FF14 for Papalymo OSB and Y'shtola SSB. This would mostly be to finally get Aetherial Pulse, completing my collection of Y'sh relics except for her USB (but who cares about that).

Thoughts?

Even if your water team is great, would it get better with a 6* Water sword? Take X.
    Would your physical wind team go over the top with a couple Wind weapons? Take III.
    Unless you badly need the medica, skip XII.
    XIV is so-so unless Potato's a core part of your fire team and the OSB would get you under a sub30 or something.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I used Balthier BSB2/OSB/ld on my 3* Magicite team and it was fine. Layering on imperils made up a bit for the lack of EnFire, and good for building up to OSB blasts.

But with fire chain, even better. Chain plus imperils plus w-cast machinist to drive up the hit count on the chain is great.

• Options
    Legend dive? Or his LMR? The LMR is the one with dualcast. But if you were using his dive for chance-to-imperil on top of everything, more power to ya. That is tempting, I must admit.

• Options
    Whoops, yeah I have his lmr and legend dive, I forgot which one was which.

Anyway main lucky pull, 2/11: Relm SSB, Yuna USB

No dupes! Yuna USB seems like a nice tool to have.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Yuna USB is so, so good for multiplayer. I wouldn't pull specifically to try to get it, but if you have it, do yourself a favor and bring it to multiplayer.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I had fun with Luneth ASB in the new multiplayer.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    2/11 Rosa and Ovelia USB! Probably my best pull this fest, a healer usb for every occasion now.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I am really tempted by this XII banner, because Ashe, but if I'm serious about trying for Ashe stuff (and I am) then I should really wait until the next fest instead, since she gets a focus on banner 5. Vayne USB is also great, but there are always other dark options out there, and there are a few more dupes than I like to see.

The main argument in favor of pulling is probably that I don't have any kind of boostga or hastega whatsoever in XII, which could one day be a big problem for the torment, and there are at least some Reks hastegas here. But if I'm gonna let torment nonsense bait me into bad pulls it should probably be on II instead.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I am really tempted by this XII banner, because Ashe, but if I'm serious about trying for Ashe stuff (and I am) then I should really wait until the next fest instead, since she gets a focus on banner 5. Vayne USB is also great, but there are always other dark options out there, and there are a few more dupes than I like to see.

The main argument in favor of pulling is probably that I don't have any kind of boostga or hastega whatsoever in XII, which could one day be a big problem for the torment, and there are at least some Reks hastegas here. But if I'm gonna let torment nonsense bait me into bad pulls it should probably be on II instead.
    If you don't have all of your 'lower' relics accounted for from the library, if you're absolutely desperate you should be able to take Larsa's SSB.

I actually use the silly thing from time to time in multiplayer, especially in fights like Emperor. Wrathable Haste+Medica is not a common niche.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    NEW WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY EVENT HAPPENING IN JAPAN! This is not a drill!

Bit of a shame about Lann and Reynn's new stuff (they keep trying to make the reliant-on-Bubble thing happen for various characters. It's not going to happen. Neither is "chase every 2nd ability".), but Enna Kros and Tama look to be pretty darn good. And they're on a pretty nice banner, as well.

That said, if we do get this event one day, and Lann gets the ability buffs to match his supposed Fire focus, I might take a glance at his legend dive. He gets dualcast Fire, and I have his Enfire BSB.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Decided I wanted a shot at one of the ultras for half price. 1/11 dupe Yuna super. Press f to pay respects to my last 25 mythril. This fest has been pretty terrible for me outside of shantotto’s chain on my first 33 draw.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    decided to do 1 pull on xii instead of the dream selects

vayne usb, larsa usb, ashe usb, vayne lmr, larsa lmr

uhhh hmm ok sure

• Options
    During this fest I pulled 10 times for 2 6*s so.... I hate you

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

If you wait until next fest, we should be getting 5* Hastega as an ability, so I would consider not chasing banners you don't feel strongly about just to find a hastega.

• Options
    Ah what the hell, who cares about having 20/36 dupes. Healer banner ahoy!

2/11 - Arc SSB (dupe), Aerith BSB1. Nothing crazy, but a +holy robe isn't the worst dupe to have and Aerith can now heal in extended fights. Acceptable!

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Someone explain to me that this banner is bad for me since I already have Asylum, Lifecrystal, Divine Portrait, and Word of Kindness.

hear me out

always pull on lucky banners

Nope. When you're 15/36 on dupes, 4/11 on USBs (Minwu, Selphie, Eiko and Penelo), only 11/35 wanted items, and only 11, 15 and type-0 have no medica coverage, pulling on this banner would be a fool's errand.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    100 gem
    Vayne BSB, second straight 100 gem 5*, this one isn't going to be immediately followed with a dupe from an 11 pull though.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Present Draw decisions:
    V, Because I have nothing for Bartz except his LMR, but I already farmed all the 4* fire magicite I need.
    XI: Ice damage is nice damage, but I already have Ayame's BSB. Prishe's SSB is pretty solid, but I have nothing else for her
    XIV: no dupes, Ysh'tola is my best healer, and Papa's BSB has aged really well. My current fire damage is sort of all over the place. I got Krille's Chain in the fest, and Terra's AOSB to pair with her OSB, but no enFire. I have Vivi's enfire BSB1, but that's it. Then some random fire physical, but mixed teams can be a pain to run. So having the whole package in one character could be nice, but Terra's prolly just getting LD'd so ugh. Ugh.
    XV: no dupes, I have Noct's SSB and LMR, so I guess?

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Not hurting for healers, but decided to do the lucky.

3/11 with a disco.
    Rosa SSB, wrathable curada and Mblink is nice.
    Aeirth BSB2 (I athink), Atk/res/regen on cmd 2 is interesting.
    Aphmau USB, that looks very handy.

No dupes, and everything looks like it could be useful. Very happy I decided to pull.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Aphmau USB is fantastic

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Healer Lucky:

1/11, Selphie SSB.

I have Larsa's BSB, which seems better. But nice to have another healer thing.

And I guess I need to make my decision on which Gifts to take. Any suggestions? I don't think I have any dupes, as my relic list is still pretty small.
    I was considering taking the Celes ones, as I've got another of her Relics.

Speaking of relic pulls, I'm somewhat tempted to pull on the current Vayne/Larsa banner. I've got Vayne's gloves and Larsa's raiment (lifecrystal), so it might be nice to get some stuff for those two.

I'm almost back up to 200 mithril after clearing most of the new Event stages.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    During this fest I pulled 10 times for 2 6*s so.... I hate you
    Is that counting the 33 pull(s)?

I pulled 10 regular times for 7 6*s, of which 5 were dupes. Not sure if that's worse or better.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Selner wrote: »
    And I guess I need to make my decision on which Gifts to take. Any suggestions? I don't think I have any dupes, as my relic list is still pretty small.
    I was considering taking the Celes ones, as I've got another of her Relics.

I'd recommend XI. Ayame with her BSB is one of the best sources of ice damage in the game, second only to Squall with his BSB2, but that's not really fair because Squall is an icy god. Ayame has access to Hailstorm, which is a big damage boost, so you can run her even in a magic team and she's fully self-sufficient

• Options
    If I have Squall with BSB2 and USB, but no OSB, is Ayame's BSB/OSB Combo worth picking up?

I'm thinking particularly about her impressive self-buff ability, compared to Squall. She'd allow an Ice Chain team to focus entirely on Mage buffs for Rinoa, and have her actually do decent damage.

This discussion has been closed.