As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I: holy aura + OSB. Holy boost shield. Curaga medica + hastega.
    II: Instant magic blink + damage BSB.
    III: Wind aura + OSB. 6* wind spear! Instant Curaga medica + blink (nearly as good as the best healing USBs)
    IV: Holy aura + OSB. Curaga medica + magic blink.
    V: Water aura + OSB (OSB also hits three other elements).
    VI: ATK/MAG buff, I guess.
    VII: Dark aura + OSB. Dark boost bracer.
    VIII: Bio aura + OSB (magic). 6* bio whip. Curaga medica + magic blink.
    IX: Wind imperil + OSB.
    X: Water aura + OSB. 6* water boost sword!!! Curaga medica + HP stock.
    XI: Ice aura + OSB! 40% medica + last stand + Regen.
    XII: Fire imperil + OSB. Curaga medica + hastega.
    XIII: Lightning imperil + OSB.
    XIV: Fire aura + OSB (magic). 5* fire boost rod.
    XV: ugh, no
    T: Holy imperil + OSB. Curaga medica + magic blink.

Top picks in a vacuum:
    III (aura+OSB combo, 6* element boost weapon, fantastic medica)
    X (that water boost sword; also a passable medica)
    XI (good ice is hard to find, also the medica is reasonable)
    XIV (good magic fire)

Fry on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, in a vacuum, I'd probably say III, XI, or XIV.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    No not including the 33 draws. Just the normal banners.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Considering I(WOL OSB would be a more reliable finisher than his USB), III (Luneth OSB improves on Swordshower), VI (i like the opera scene), IX (Zidane BSB improves on Faris's SSB), X (Tidus OSB would be a reliable finisher, and Bartz can use the sword), XI (Ayame plays better with Rinoa than Squall does), XIII (Lightning OSB might be stronger than recasting her USB?), and XIV (Potato staff would empower Terra, and his BSB is amazing especially for the Chain).

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Present draws:
    https://imgur.com/lGfQSI1
    https://imgur.com/QRvV8nL

I'll probably choose Bartz stuff to get closer on completing him

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Well, it was a little rough, but Liquid Flame down in 43:02. Same basic team comp:

Yuffie Reflecting Pool R2/Raging Waters R2/USB2/BSB2 +20% Ninja RM
    Edge Water Veil R4/Phantasm R4/USB0 DMT
    Y'shtola Curada R3/Ultra Cure R3/BSB TGM
    Shelke Entrust/Wrath/Ace Striker
    Rikku Blue Deep R1/Sapphire Shot R1/USB MM

Yes, Rikku ran out of hones pretty early, but I still won, so w/e.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    I assume you mean Rikku.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    I assume you mean Rikku.

Spelling is hard, ok? Especially when you have two characters with almost identical names. At least I don't have to worry about spelling Cid wrong.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    I assume you mean Sid.

• Options
    I wish there was a Magicite that did Imperil Wind.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Woot! First completion on Kraken, at 28.83s! Yay Arcane Overstrikes! Definitely repeatable - I just need to tighten it up a bit more with some Glints to refresh Sora's en-lightning.

Team composition:
    Rikku - Tempest Strike, USB, DMT
    Ramza - Entrust/Draw Fire, BSB2, MM, LMR
    Sora - Thundering Quadstrike, USB/GSB/ASB, +30% Weakness, LMR/LM2
    Lightning - Lifesiphon/Thundering Quadstrike, +30% Sword DMG, USB/GSB/ASB, LMR/LM2
    Y'shtola - Curada, BSB, Gathering Storm, LM1/LM2

RW - Wall
    Magicite - Hydra

What got me stuck was trying to see who could fit in Marche's Sentinel RM to absorb the counters. I then remembered that Ramza's BSB2 has a Wrath command, so that saved me a slot that I could use for Draw Fire. It didn't block the Counter Water Cannons, but it did block the Counter Inks and that was all I needed. Yay!

Stop is still a S/L, but this is a massive improvement over my previous attempts.

• Options
    Going back and filling in my spreadsheet.

I actually have a surprising number of 6* abilities I can hone without worrying - I have enough crystals to cover all my current and future desires for everything except things that use Power or Fire.

Although I suppose I should go back and re-add any future 6* ones. I think the last time I did was around the time Vortex's name was announced.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Gem draws are up.

No tyro lmr in the legend materia selection, it seems. (JP had it, but also it was released earlier for them and apparently after the cutoff for us).

Also a couple more quiz levels.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Gem draws are up.

No tyro lmr in the legend materia selection, it seems. (JP had it, but also it was released earlier for them and apparently after the cutoff for us).

Also a couple more quiz levels.

Apparently the cutoff is November 4th. Which feels like ages ago.

e: Yeah, no Ramza or TGCid LMR, either.

So now I just get to have TGCid OSB and Squall BSB2 sitting there taunting me. Ah well!

Jragghen on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I had allocated some gems to treat myself.

Burst gem banner, 3/11: Zidane LMR, Larsa SSB (dupe), Kain USB!

Well, ok then!

I grabbed Ayame's BSB for the select. Guess I really didn't need it but I've got her SSB and OSB and I just want a doublecast samurai to shred things with ice power.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Dammit. Squall BSB2 is on the burst dream banner. Now I have to decide whether to spend money.

• Options
    Oh dear, I know nothing about XI, XIII, or XV. And I've never played XII past the Mandragoras fight. This quiz is going to be haaaard.

• Options
    Well, sent my honest feedback that I'd probably have become a paying customer again but can't justify it because lack of daily missions means game balance will eventually squeeze us out. Screaming into the void, but whatever.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Just auto attack through it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    LMR pull: Zell USB, Golbez SSB

Selected Ovelia

BSB pull: Basch USB, Kain SSB dupe

Selected Snow for +ice light armor that Sora can use

OSB pull: TGCid USB dupe, Minwu USB, Alma LMR dupe

Selected Rinoa

Beasteh on
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

I know all is lost and the rewards aren't worth it and there's nothing worth doing in the game anymore all that jazz.

But I kinda actually like answering trivia questions.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I’m tempted to pull for squall’s bsb2 even though I really don’t need it I guess because I have sora’s worse but still decent tech.

Also deuce bsb or tgcid osb. But I don’t know, we will see.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018

I know all is lost and the rewards aren't worth it and there's nothing worth doing in the game anymore all that jazz.

On second thought, Yeah I should apologize. I probably should delete the game. I don't really enjoy it that much and I am negative about how crappy they treat us, how they exploit us, and how apple only pretends to care. I guess I hang out in here for the sense of community but I don't want to annoy everyone. I'll take a break from the thread for a bit.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    No Tyro LMR selectable. No fucks given. No pulls.

Though now I wonder if I'll ever be able to get it for him. :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    November as the cutoff for a $30 pull in April that also includes SSBs is fucking dumb as hell

That's all I have to say about that

• Options

On second thought, Yeah I should apologize. I probably should delete the game. I don't really enjoy it that much and I am negative about how crappy they treat us, how they exploit us, and how apple only pretends to care. I guess I hang out in here for the sense of community but I don't want to annoy everyone. I'll take a break from the thread for a bit.

I'm sorry if I was too flippant. Every one of those grievances you mentioned in this post entirely right, and it's not right for me to make you feel like you're an annoyance for saying it.

• Options

I'm sorry if I was too flippant. Every one of those grievances you mentioned in this post entirely right, and it's not right for me to make you feel like you're an annoyance for saying it.

As much as this is just a mobile, a number of us have put a lot of time into playing it, so it makes sense we would be passionate about the state of the game.

• Options
    Every unique SB+ is 3* record dived. Whee!

• Options
    Hmm...hard choices. Just gotta write this down so I can figure out what I want.

OSB
    Terra - I've got Terra's ASB, but the idea of Wrath-spamming her OSB during her USB/trance is appealing. I don't know if the damage on that beats Chain Firaga spamming with 25% doublecast (unless I go Entrust-crazy). Already LD'd, so it's usable.
    Tidus - I've got Tidus's CSB/USB so he'll never use the OSB, but it's a +water sword (it's essentially a Bartz weapon, and I've already got a stacked water team).

BSB
    Garnet 2 - It's a +lightning MAG weapon, which I'd love to have. Pretty versatile effects, too.
    Snow - It's a +ice ATK armor, and that's good enough for me.
    Deuce - ATK/MAG buff on a character with Bard 5, and an instant C1 for "oh shit" moments? That's pretty damned good.

LMR
    Squall - I've got his BSB2, OSB, and USB. Init en-ice would let him SSS into his BSB2. The problem is, Sora can also do that, and I don't really want to make a second Snowspell Strike (even if it's just at R2). Already LD'd, so this would fit right in.
    Fujin - She's got her SSB/BSB, so init en-wind would let her bring Stitch and then drop Raging Winds. Her LD is pretty bad, though.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Don't look at me. I don't deserve to live in the light. I had PROMISED myself not to get angry, no matter what happens.
    OSB Dream Select: 3/11, no Discos. Edea SSB (Imperil Dark), Rinoa LMR (dupe), Cid 7 LMR.
    Pick TBD

BSB Dream Select: 1/11, and it's a Disco. Agrias OSB (dupe).
    Pick Squall BSB2, natch.

LMR Dream Select: 3/11, one Disco. Lenna BSB2 (first medica for FF5!), Yda BSB (dupe), Alma USB
    Pick TBD

I mean, I wasn't expecting a lot, like a new usable USB on every pull, but seriously? Last pull kind of salvaged the pulls, but only kind of.

• Options
    OSB Dream
    3/11, one disco - Vincent BSB, Aerith BSB2, SEYMOUR CSB! Hell yes! Already worth it and I haven't even picked anything yet!

BSB Dream
    3/11, two discos - Emperor LMR, Alma USB (dupe, but 6* +holy staff), Selphie USB! I've already got Eiko dived, but this is still excellent!

LMR Dream
    3/11, no discos - Mustadio SSB (dupe), Gabranth SSB (dupe, but it lets me reforge), Desch SSB. Well, my luck had to end at some point.

Can't really complain about those pulls.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Re: autoing through the quizzes, two of the previous quizzes had 9/10 answers be X, so you could actually get an S grade that way. (I haven't looked at this round of quizzes yet)

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Re: autoing through the quizzes, two of the previous quizzes had 9/10 answers be X, so you could actually get an S grade that way. (I haven't looked at this round of quizzes yet)

Nah, one is alternating o/x the whole way, the other is split 70/30, I think.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Whelp, I said I was going to pay to kill Tiamat, and that is precisely what I did. 31.20 seconds. With a W-cast on either Draw and Junction, and Squall not having Absorb Strength on him the entire fight, I might be able to sub-30s this. Hooray all 6 killed. Now to farm a bunch of Wind magicite, and see if it improves my Dirt Snake time at all.

Reap the whirlwind:
    Shelke Wrath/Entrust (No SB) Ace Striker (LM1, 2)
    Onion Knight Chain Blizzaga/Entrust (No SB) Battleforged (LM1, 2)
    Raijin Magic Break/<nothing> (SSB) DMT
    Rinoa Chain Blizzaga/Tritoch (Chain) MM (LMR)
    Squall Snowspell Strike/<nothing> (BSB2) +DMG (LM1, 2)
    Wendigo/Fabula Raider

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Held onto one set of gems specifically to be able to pull on at least one of these. Long hard thought said do the smart, effective thing and take Tidus's LMR to try and avoid ever using his terrible BSB1. Also, physical water booster.

ujhN3pkl.pngQhOttWpl.png

*facepalm*

3/11 - Lion USB (dupe), Y'shtola BSB (dupe), Iris LMR + Tidus LMR

fucking hell game
    this is a totally wide open pool
    how the FUCK do you give me YET MORE FUCKING DUPES coupled with my personal bugaboo, a LMR for an otherwise relic-less character?

I am going to tear my hair out. This fest is going out of its way to just make me not want to play.

---

Final 3rd Anniversary Summary:

Parade Relic Draws:
    XV/T/T0 - 1/3: Gladiolus BSB (dupe)
    XIV - 1/3: Minfilia LMR
    XIII - 1/3: Lightning LMR (dupe)
    XII - 1/3: Gabranth BSB
    XI - SKIP
    X - 1/3: Tidus CSB
    IX - 1/3: Amarant SSB
    VIII - 1/3: Raijin SSB
    VII - 1/3: Aerith BSB
    VI - 1/3: Terra LMR (dupe)
    V - 1/3: Krile SSB
    IV - 1/3: Rosa LMR
    III - 1/3: Arc BSB2
    II - 1/3: Maria SSB
    I - 1/3: Garland SSB2 (dupe)

Present Relic Draw:
    1/11 - Aranea BSB
    Selection - X - Tidus OSB, Tidus BSB1 (dupe), Yuna SSB

33 Pull:
    5/33 - Ingus CSB (dupe), Kain USB, Setzer USB, Locke OSB, Braska BSB
    4/33 - Noctis USB, Decil BSB, Lulu BSB (dupe), Tyro SSB

Banner 2
    1/11 - Kain LMR
    1/11 - Kain BSB
    3/11 - Squall ASB, Claire USB (dupe), Claire BSB2 (dupe)
    3/11 - Claire USB (second dupe), Kain BSB (dupe), Squall LMR
    1/11 - Rinoa BSB2 (dupe)
    1/11 - Squall BSB2

Banner 5
    3/11 - Tidus CSB (dupe), Terra BSB2 (dupe), Krile LMR
    2/11 - Terra ASB, Yuffie LMR
    1/11 - Terra GSB
    3/11 - Tidus CSB (2nd dupe), Tidus CSB (3rd dupe), Krile LMR (dupe)

LMR Dream Select
    3/11 - Lion USB (dupe), Y'shtola BSB (dupe), Iris LMR
    Selection - Tidus LMR

That middle of the Parade and the first 33 pull sort of salves things but holy shit did I barely get anything I really, really needed/wanted OR in one or two cases I did but then got buried under a pile of soulcrushing dupes.

50 Relics Total gained (15 6*)
    14 * 5 + 50 + 100 + 100 = 320 Mythril + 21000 Gems

11 Things that will actually see real use: Tidus CSB, Terra ASB, Squall BSB2, Squall ASB, Kain USB, Locke OSB, Raijin SSB, Kain LMR, Tidus OSB, Tidus LMR, Squall LMR
    4 Things that are good to have as insurance/CM stuff or may end up finding their way into a future clear: Aerith BSB, Krile LMR, Krile SSB, Aranea BSB
    35 Things that are basically useless or dupes: Fucking everything else (maybe a couple of other elemental boosters in here that I am too angry to care about right now)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Grabbed Tidus OSB, Deuce BSB, and Squall LMR.

The SB mastery grind awaits.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »

Aka 3 rounds of the 80 stam dungeon. Maybe 2 if you're really lucky.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    JP got a special 500 gem banner for their XMas/NYears fest (should be our summer fest) that had Squall's BSB2 as a pickable relic, and man this fest/everything else bummed me out on the game pretty hard, so I'm just gonna wait for that instead.

If we don't get it I'll buy myself ice cream instead.

Narbus on
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Darklyre wrote: »

Aka 3 rounds of the 80 stam dungeon. Maybe 2 if you're really lucky.

Six rounds for all the new stuff I picked up, but just upgrading and playing inventory management took four times as long. Also, I'm completely out of Rosettas, and I'm now at the point of cannibalizing reforged items I no longer use.

• Options
    Oh, i initially misread Aerith's USB. It grants stocked healing, not bubble. So it's a different niche than Relm's USB, and could even stack with it if need be.

This discussion has been closed.