As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Rinoa SSB En-Earth and OSB do not appear to be enough to kill Hyrda... even with two healers. That might be a facet of the RNG giving me too many Savage Thundaga's back to back, but I made it to 50+ seconds...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    That's one really dumb thing about Magicites; the difficulty increases relative to time elapsed, as opposed to as the boss' health goes down. The idea that there's rewards you can get for a sub 1:30 clear and sub 2:00 clear are absurd, unless you're running 4 healers and damage reflect.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Do not bother God when she's having her coffee.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Il91vWq1s

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Ahh yes, the classic, yet somehow as yet underrepresented Coffee aura

(is she dropping marshmallows in her coffee to summon meteors? Marshmeteors? Meteomallows?)

• Options
    Rius wrote: »

(is she dropping marshmallows in her coffee to summon meteors? Marshmeteors? Meteomallows?)

I do believe it's sugar cubes.

...sweeteors.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    So I can pull on one of these. My choices are probably squall bsb2, Maria osb, or shadow lmr. I have squall’s lmr, maria bsb, and shadow’s usb and I can’t decide which of those will be most useful. I technically sub-30ed Tiamat but it required a lot of luck so that could help. I haven’t figured out ixion yet, and my physical dark team is strong, but I’m not sure if it’s strong enough to sub-30 the holy magicite without a chain.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Rinoa SSB En-Earth and OSB do not appear to be enough to kill Hyrda... even with two healers. That might be a facet of the RNG giving me too many Savage Thundaga's back to back, but I made it to 50+ seconds...
    Usually a 100k OSB is fine for clearing 3* magicite if you set it up properly. Did you give Rinoa Gathering Storm? Who are your healers?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Usually a 100k OSB is fine for clearing 3* magicite if you set it up properly. Did you give Rinoa Gathering Storm? Who are your healers?

Rinoa Chain Stonega R2/Stonega R5/SSB+OSB/ +20% BLM (3* dived, missing Wis motes for her 4*)
    Y'sthola Curada R3/X/BSB/TGM
    Selphie Curaja R5/X/BSB/MM
    Shelke Wrath/Entrust/Ace Striker
    Rikku USB/DMT

It gives me 2 30% buffs, which leaves the OSB at ~80k

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Have you made or hones Meltdown?

• Options
    R2 Meltdown.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Tyro's level 99 RM is +30% weakness damage, it is my go-to RM for mages (assuming I'm not using Devotion).

IIRC Rinoa's SSB armor boosts earth damage, so you probably want to equip that if you aren't already

Fry on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular

So I'm bad at identifying characters. Who is that in the video?

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

Rinoa Chain Stonega R2/Stonega R5/SSB+OSB/ +20% BLM (3* dived, missing Wis motes for her 4*)
    Rikku USB/DMT

Can you fit a Faith in there? When I was doing Mage OSBs in 3* you need another layer of buffs somewhere.

My Golem team is still set as:
    Y'shtola - Curada - Wall - MM
    Mog - Curaja/Faith - BSB - DMT
    Fujin - Raging Storm/Meltdown - OSB - LMR/LM2 - TGC
    Entrust 1 - Ace Striker
    Entrust 2 - Battleforged
    RW: Raider

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Selner wrote: »

Character from the World of Final Fantasy crossover event. She gets an enCoffee BSB.

No, seriously.

• Options
    Narbus wrote: »
    Selner wrote: »

Character from the World of Final Fantasy crossover event. She gets an enCoffee BSB.

No, seriously.

Global when? I need to start preparing my bank account.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Roughly 6 months (we got the first one a bit late, if I remember correctly), if we do get it.

We got the previous WOFF event, but this one apparently gets some references to the mobile game spinoff (the event title is "the infinite worlds of Valgallan", which is a thing from Meli-Melo) and there's some precedent for us having trouble getting stuff that is based on Japan-only mobile game content (Morrow and Meia come to mind). Which would be a shame, since the characters added with the event are both from the base game.

The character in question is Enna Kros, who starts up the plot of WOFF by telling Lann and Reynn who they really are (on what initially appears to be a routine day at the coffee shop where they work) and telling them how to go to the world of Grymoire. She's god, or so she says when asked.

Enlong on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular

Rikku USB/DMT

Move Thunder God Mode to Rinoa. Put Mana's Paean on Rikku (or Faith on Selphie, but not both). Give Y'shtola Battleforged and give her a copy of Wrath dor her empty slot (R2 might be fine). Maybe swap Curada and Curaja. Try to give Rinoa Meltdown, Titan, or both if you can.

The biggest problem, though, is that neither of your buffers is Support 5. I always had double entrusts for these setups.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Roughly 6 months (we got the first one a bit late, if I remember correctly), if we do get it.

We got the previous WOFF event, but this one apparently gets some references to the mobile game spinoff (the event title is "the infinite worlds of Valgallan", which is a thing from Meli-Melo) and there's some precedent for us having trouble getting stuff that is based on Japan-only mobile game content (Morrow and Meia come to mind). Which would be a shame, since the characters added with the event are both from the base game.

The character in question is Enna Kros, who starts up the plot of WOFF by telling Lann and Reynn who they really are (on what initially appears to be a routine day at the coffee shop where they work) and telling them how to go to the world of Grymoire. She's god, or so she says when asked.

I was not aware of the existence of WOFF. I think I'd see some of the chibi stuff on youtube or somewhere else, but didn't realize it was an actual game.

• Options
    Yup. It's a PS4 title.

• Options
    Bleh, I caved and did the pull for squall. I want that stupid bsb2 and idgaf. 1/11 Scott super which was a fitting cap on this shit ass awful fest.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I've been digging to no avail; does anyone have a list of what items in the dream select have +element? Of the LMRs, and BSBs, since the OSB list is available.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Was so angry after that dumb pull that I honed all the earth shit and sub-30ed ixion with edge and bartz. 28.28.

So 6/6 sub-30s. The frustrating thing is that the pulls I bought never got me anything that helped, all the stuff for every sub-30 was free except Edge ssb from the select draw.

Given how much money I’ve spent on 11 pulls that’s pretty alarming.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Might be something to remember when the option of spending money comes up.

Regardless, congrats on the Ixion kill. I find myself wondering how you got enough damage goin with those two.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    My kingdom for some +ice equipment.

Good grief, I have like a billion holy swords but only 1 piece of ice gear.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular

This is why I pulled 3 times on the ice/lightning banner. I have 10 different non-rs lightning boost weaps now, of which 3 are triple combined so that's 14.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options

Same.

...and my one piece of +Ice gear is Lulu's SSB doll.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Regardless, congrats on the Ixion kill. I find myself wondering how you got enough damage goin with those two.

Earth ninja does a silly amount of damage. I assume there's a Bartz USB in there, which also does a silly amount of damage. And Ixion has significantly less HP than the other 4* magicites, presumably to help make up for the bullshit dispels.

• Options
    Bartz bsb + usb and edge doing damage around the edges. Mostly bartz though.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

<-- 0 pieces of +earth equipment

<-- pulled on V banner solely for +earth equipment and got one more piece of +ice

<-- is sad

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I use the 4* earth robe from the story dungeons in my sub-30 Hydra and Ixion kills.

(I also have a heavy armor and a light armor, nyuk nyuk nyuk)

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering if I should use my LMR and OSB selects ALSO for Squall, just to improve the consistency of my Tiamat kill. It requires a surprisingly large amount of concentration, more than any of my other kills, because if you miss if Guts went off, or refresh Guts early, you will wipe, 100%.

For the LMR, since Tyro isn't an option, and there don't appear to be many +element pieces available to choose. Initial EnIce would buff his first three SSS by quite a bit, and he might cap on his initial BSB2 entry.

For the OSB, I'm more reluctant, since there's a lot of good +element items. Right now I'm thinking Gladio OSB (+fire sword), Vayne OSB (+dark ATK/MAG sword), or Raines OSB (+dark glove, plus I would probably use it sometimes).

• Options
    I think I might be able to scrape up enough mythril for the stat buff lucky banner before it ends, but I still can't decide if it's worth it.

If the lists match up with the JP draw, I've got about 11/45. I've got none of the usbs though so there's that.

I'm trying to avoid doing the paid OSB and lmr draws as well, but it can be pretty easy to talk myself into a pull, it seems.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Was so angry after that dumb pull that I honed all the earth shit and sub-30ed ixion with edge and bartz. 28.28.

So 6/6 sub-30s. The frustrating thing is that the pulls I bought never got me anything that helped, all the stuff for every sub-30 was free except Edge ssb from the select draw.

Given how much money I’ve spent on 11 pulls that’s pretty alarming.

Not to be a dick, but if you have Sub 30 on all 6 4* Magicite, that may be the reason you aren’t pulling many game changing relics, you are already very stacked and can literally only pull marginal improvement.

If you are buying into hype and pulling for specific relics, yeah, that is the path to the darkside of disappointment.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Repeating my Tiamat kill was proving to be a PITA, so I retooled it a bit. I still killed it, but I'm getting slower. OTOH, while the kill had perfect Absorb Magic/Strength luck, Squall didn't W-cast his BSB2 command 2 once, so I'm wondering if it's a below average run? Definitely not a consistent sub-30s, even if it's theoretically possible. Squall is even carrying Bartz's RM2 for the extra W-cast chance, since his C2s were capping anyway.

Also re-ordering my team so Raijin is last and I can input everyone's commands with instant cast more easily.

New Tiamat squad:
    Rinoa Chain Blizzaga/Faith (Chain) DMT (LMR)
    Squall SSS/<nothing> (BSB2) W-cast (LM1, 2)
    Ramza Wrath/Entrust (Throw Stones) Ace Striker (LMR)
    Shelke Wrath/Entrust (No SB) Battleforged (LM1, 2)
    Raijin <nothing> (SSB) MM
    Wendigo/Raider

I just want to easily farm up a bunch of Wind Magicite and power level them. Blargh.

• Options
    I'm wondering if I should use my LMR and OSB selects ALSO for Squall, just to improve the consistency of my Tiamat kill. It requires a surprisingly large amount of concentration, more than any of my other kills, because if you miss if Guts went off, or refresh Guts early, you will wipe, 100%.
    Yeah, it was pretty frustrating. I failed a couple runs this morning because of turn skipping to try and get people to use their instants before Raijin rebuffed but used up so much fucking time because of the UI disappearing constantly that I didn't get the rebuff in time and got splattered.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Repeating my Tiamat kill was proving to be a PITA, so I retooled it a bit. I still killed it, but I'm getting slower. OTOH, while the kill had perfect Absorb Magic/Strength luck, Squall didn't W-cast his BSB2 command 2 once, so I'm wondering if it's a below average run? Definitely not a consistent sub-30s, even if it's theoretically possible. Squall is even carrying Bartz's RM2 for the extra W-cast chance, since his C2s were capping anyway.

Also re-ordering my team so Raijin is last and I can input everyone's commands with instant cast more easily.

New Tiamat squad:
    Rinoa Chain Blizzaga/Faith (Chain) DMT (LMR)
    Squall SSS/<nothing> (BSB2) W-cast (LM1, 2)
    Ramza Wrath/Entrust (Throw Stones) Ace Striker (LMR)
    Shelke Wrath/Entrust (No SB) Battleforged (LM1, 2)
    Raijin <nothing> (SSB) MM
    Wendigo/Raider

I just want to easily farm up a bunch of Wind Magicite and power level them. Blargh.

Maybe swap the W-cast RM for Thundergod, that would help even more wouldnt it?

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    If my skim is accurate, 20/42 dupes on the stat buff draw, including 2/7 of the 6*. that's a skip, especially compared to the healer draw.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Lucky Buff Draw is up

Alt pull 4/11: Porom BSB, Vivi BSB2 (dupe), Curilla BSB, Curilla USB

I think the game wants me to use Curilla.

Not enough mythril in the main account, have a few days to decide if I want to chance it.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    What realms are the next DU?

I believe it's VIII, XIII-2, XV

This discussion has been closed.