As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    That buff lucky is curated, it's not the full pool. Notably absent are both of Onion's ultras, for instance. There are a few good items in there, but an awful lot of "meh."

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Did the buff lucky draw because 25 myth for a chance at Tidal Knuckles

Got Kiros BSB and Ward SSB

ssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Repeating my Tiamat kill was proving to be a PITA, so I retooled it a bit. I still killed it, but I'm getting slower. OTOH, while the kill had perfect Absorb Magic/Strength luck, Squall didn't W-cast his BSB2 command 2 once, so I'm wondering if it's a below average run? Definitely not a consistent sub-30s, even if it's theoretically possible. Squall is even carrying Bartz's RM2 for the extra W-cast chance, since his C2s were capping anyway.

Also re-ordering my team so Raijin is last and I can input everyone's commands with instant cast more easily.

New Tiamat squad:
    Rinoa Chain Blizzaga/Faith (Chain) DMT (LMR)
    Squall SSS/<nothing> (BSB2) W-cast (LM1, 2)
    Ramza Wrath/Entrust (Throw Stones) Ace Striker (LMR)
    Shelke Wrath/Entrust (No SB) Battleforged (LM1, 2)
    Raijin <nothing> (SSB) MM
    Wendigo/Raider

I just want to easily farm up a bunch of Wind Magicite and power level them. Blargh.

Maybe swap the W-cast RM for Thundergod, that would help even more wouldnt it?

In a normal run, yes. Every turn is instant in this setup, so I can't go faster than that.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    2/11, one disco - Vivi BSB2, Rapha USB (dupe). The dupe was disappointing, but something good for Vivi ain't bad.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I really just shouldn't have done any pulls outside of the Realms On Parade.

I got nothing I actually give a crap about. Just a complete waste of mythril.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    My fest banner pulls ultimately were more helpful than my realms on Parade pulls.

My 33-pulls were utter garbage though. I'd return the free pull if I could.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Some strange compulsion urged me to try for the draw... pulled Rapha and Rydia USBs.... very pleased.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Decided to go for it, sure.
    2/11
    Cait Sith's Blue Megaphone BSB, +atk/def/critfix someone who can Warrior's Hymn? I can do something with that, I feel.
    Gogo (VI)'s BSB. I now have both of the Gogos' mimic BSB. If only mimic did dickall in this game.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Was so angry after that dumb pull that I honed all the earth shit and sub-30ed ixion with edge and bartz. 28.28.

So 6/6 sub-30s. The frustrating thing is that the pulls I bought never got me anything that helped, all the stuff for every sub-30 was free except Edge ssb from the select draw.

Given how much money I’ve spent on 11 pulls that’s pretty alarming.

Not to be a dick, but if you have Sub 30 on all 6 4* Magicite, that may be the reason you aren’t pulling many game changing relics, you are already very stacked and can literally only pull marginal improvement.

If you are buying into hype and pulling for specific relics, yeah, that is the path to the darkside of disappointment.

I mean, I pulled the stuff for 3 of them in the pre-festival lead up, was not at all capable before. And getting those let me get magicite to unlock the other 2 I didn’t have. I did get good items too, but just never off gems. Just piles of useless 5* dupes there.

And my Tiamat kill which is what I spent gems on is entirely unrepeatable, it relied on nearly perfect rng and ive never got closer than 35s again.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Okay, healing lucky is definitely my best bet of what's left. C'mon USBs.

2/11 both disco!

Penelo USB (dupe) which is borderline cruel :p
    Aerith USB

Which is one of the items on the list which may see occasional use (and a huge step up from my aerith bsb1 Medica)! Second healing USB.

Can't complain about that.

I presume given I've already got two Tyro USB2 armors, Faris' USB armor, and Penelo's USB armor, no point in holding onto a second of hers and I should combine them.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I'm coming out of the fest haze and getting back into the magicite grind again. I beat Kraken for the first time last night by the skin of my teeth.

The core of my team is:
    Kain CSB/BSB, lifesiphon / lightning dive, +DMG vs weakness
    Orlandeau OSB, lifesiphon / hailstorm, ace striker
    Shelke entrust bot

The two supports are:
    Y'shtola BSB, curada / shellga, MM
    OK BSB, affliction break / protectga, DMT

The scheme is to get the Kain Chain Pain Train (tm) up and running and entrust into Orlandeau so he can spam OSB many many times. All damage goes into the body - I never killed the tentacles. It works! Sorta. By the end everyone by Y'sh and TGC were down.

I have a few ideas on what to tweak and I'm hoping the hivemind can point me to what has the best chance of success before I spend hours banging my head against the wall:

1) Swap OK for Ramza w/ Battle Cry and secondary entrust bot. I tried this in earlier runs but found the damage just too high without protectga. It's possible my execution was just off though.
    2) Swap Y'shtola for a different healer. I have Penelo/Relm USBs which I've used on other magicites, and Sarah BSB which might be useful? But similar to point 1 I'm finding the incoming damage so high I think Y'sh is required (and I'm looking at swapping affliction break for a cure spell on OK and juggling debuff resists on equipment)
    3) Prioritize the tentacles first to reduce damage. I'm not sure about this one. They seem to have a lot of HP so it seems like this will just lead to a longer and deadlier fight.
    4) Swap in Prompto with USB/BSB for Shelke. This can run the chain a lot higher and make the TGC OSBs more powerful even though there's less of them. Can maybe also include a break which might enable me to swap in Ramza for OK without dying.
    Note: I do not have Lightning's USB so that's not an option.

Thoughts? I definitely feel like I have the tools to do this, just not sure how to deploy them.

• Options
    Don't hit the tentacles unless you're trying to avoid a counter, or doing AoE.

Don't bother with breaks.

What other lightning options do you have?

OK should bring chain thundaja to build the chain (bonus if he's legend dived) instead of affliction break.

Prompto would be a definite option if his SBs weren't random target, or if there was only one target, but as-is, I don't think the ROI is there. It'd really build the chain, though (particularly with 6 hit mechanist abilities).

• Options
    Some folks give Shelke one of the "draw physical and magic attacks" RMs, and the Major Water resist accessory, to cut down on the counterattack bullshit.

• Options
    Made the decision to do the other realms on parade, too. Only one for now - 1/3 snow SSB. So I've got both his SSBs now. Eh, could be worse.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hmm. Been farming Tiamat a bit. I'm sure now that I'm saying so I won't be able to repeat it, but I think I have a stable kill? Somewhere in the 31-35s range. I think getting 4 copies of every Wind Magicite should be my priority, and then start tweaking to see if I can get sub-30s. Who knows, maybe I'll get ridiculous W-cast luck and get one by accident.

I'm able to survive the initial Twister with just a 90+ Krysta with Wind Resist and everyone wearing Wind Resist accessories and gearing for RES with their armor, but it's CLOSE. Like mandatory 4* dive on everyone, at least. If I get Krysta to 99 and Inherit a level 65 Krysta onto it, it should be a bit safer.

• Options
    rattletrap wrote: »
    I'm coming out of the fest haze and getting back into the magicite grind again. I beat Kraken for the first time last night by the skin of my teeth.

The core of my team is:
    Kain CSB/BSB, lifesiphon / lightning dive, +DMG vs weakness
    Orlandeau OSB, lifesiphon / hailstorm, ace striker
    Shelke entrust bot

The two supports are:
    Y'shtola BSB, curada / shellga, MM
    OK BSB, affliction break / protectga, DMT

The scheme is to get the Kain Chain Pain Train (tm) up and running and entrust into Orlandeau so he can spam OSB many many times. All damage goes into the body - I never killed the tentacles. It works! Sorta. By the end everyone by Y'sh and TGC were down.

I have a few ideas on what to tweak and I'm hoping the hivemind can point me to what has the best chance of success before I spend hours banging my head against the wall:

1) Swap OK for Ramza w/ Battle Cry and secondary entrust bot. I tried this in earlier runs but found the damage just too high without protectga. It's possible my execution was just off though.
    2) Swap Y'shtola for a different healer. I have Penelo/Relm USBs which I've used on other magicites, and Sarah BSB which might be useful? But similar to point 1 I'm finding the incoming damage so high I think Y'sh is required (and I'm looking at swapping affliction break for a cure spell on OK and juggling debuff resists on equipment)
    3) Prioritize the tentacles first to reduce damage. I'm not sure about this one. They seem to have a lot of HP so it seems like this will just lead to a longer and deadlier fight.
    4) Swap in Prompto with USB/BSB for Shelke. This can run the chain a lot higher and make the TGC OSBs more powerful even though there's less of them. Can maybe also include a break which might enable me to swap in Ramza for OK without dying.
    Note: I do not have Lightning's USB so that's not an option.

Thoughts? I definitely feel like I have the tools to do this, just not sure how to deploy them.

I did better against Kraken by taking out Orlandeau and putting in Sora, so you might have better luck using a DPS with en-lightning with a relevant lightning ability. Another possibility is try using Orlandeau's TG mode to speedcast Thundering Quadstrike.

If you have it, put Marche's L99 RM on Shelke, and you can avoid the need for Affliction Break. Another possibility is to bring Ramza with his BSB2, then put Entrust/Draw Fire on him. You can then start off with Draw Fire to pull the Counter Inks, then use his C2 to build meter fo Entrust.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Support Lucky!

2/11

Sazh BSB
    Matoya SSB (my first dupe! :( )

Not really a super useful thing... My first gun relic. I can combine the two dupes, right? No reason no have two of them.

Ayame did master her BSB, and is now rocking her USB katana. Her BSB damage is kinda of nutty, especially if Shelke goes first.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Pulled on the support lucky as well:

Ramza’s BSB(2?)
    Vivis BSB

I’m already using Ramza, so instantly makes my A team better. How much better remains to be seen.

Looks like I’m coming out of the festival with 50 mithril. Not bad

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options

Ramza’s BSB(2?)
    Vivis BSB

I’m already using Ramza, so instantly makes my A team better. How much better remains to be seen.

There's another Lucky draw Tuesday.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I wish I didn't need to make a second copy of Earthbringer to make Ingus and Dorgann work as an Earth team. I mean, it's not like I'm exactly lacking for physical Earth dudes (what with Gladio BSB, Bartz BSBE, and Shadow), but it would be nice to try and pair Ingus's Enearth and Earth Radiant Shield BSBs with Dorgann's Imperil Earth+ATK/DEF buff.

I suppose that just comes down to orbs, really. It'll happen one day, but I think I'll probably make the Heavy skills before I do that.

• Options
    So I combined my takeaways from my two different Tiamat clears, and voila! Sub-30s!

So psyched right now. Details to follow, but Dirt Snake better watch its back, as I'm coming for it!

• Options

Ramza’s BSB(2?)
    Vivis BSB

If it's Iga blade, that's how BSB1, and it's okay. It'll be useful for fights you want to bring a dispel but can't for it in.

Vivi's BSB on this banner is solid, though.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Thanks for the Kraken advice yesterday everyone. I think I've figured out how to make things more farmable. The most helpful thing was something I should have figured out my damn self, which is "don't lifesiphon off the body". That alone reduced the incoming damage a bunch and got me a kill with only OK down.

On another topic I took Terra AOSB/USB and Krile fire chain (with Braska to build the chain) to Omniscient in the forked tower and hooooo boy that damage. Does he have low resistance? Because I capped all AOSB strikes and he's not even fire weak.

• Options
    Promised details following presently.

So my initial clear was promising time wise, but inconsistent in execution:
    Shelke Wrath/Entrust (No SB) Ace Striker (LM1, 2)
    Onion Knight Chain Blizzaga/Entrust (No SB) Battleforged (LM1, 2)
    Raijin Magic Break/<nothing> (SSB) DMT
    Rinoa Chain Blizzaga/Tritoch (Chain) MM (LMR)
    Squall Snowspell Strike/<nothing> (BSB2) +DMG (LM1, 2)
    Wendigo/Fabula Raider

I kept flubbing inputs, so I couldn't get a good read on if it was viable, but I suspected the damage wouldn't be there. Watching a few videos, I saw a better way to order my party for ease of input. Also since Lowen Roar was capping, I thought I'd see if triple casting could improve things. Finally I wanted to see if Ramza with his LMR could speed things up with turn 0 RW Hastega.

My second setup was consistent in execution, but the time was getting slower, not faster:
    Rinoa Chain Blizzaga/Faith (Chain) DMT (LMR)
    Ramza Wrath/Entrust (Throw Stones) Ace Striker (LMR)
    Raijin <nothing> (SSB) MM
    Wendigo/Raider

Changing the party order was a huge help in not screwing up. Switching to triple cast on Squall lowered the initial damage quite a bit, but getting triple Draw and Junction meant I could Lower Roar a turn sooner, got more frequent W-casts, and the rare triple-cast Lower Roar is a thing of beauty. There wasn't enough damage, still, and too much SB meter (Ramza often got the finishing blow on Tiamat with Throw Stones, which is ridiculous).

Returned to the first setup, but tweaked it with improvements from the second setup, to get:
    Rinoa Chain Blizzaga/Tritoch (Chain) DMT (LMR)
    Onion Knight Chain Blizzaga/Entrust (No SB) Ace Striker (LM1, 2)
    Raijin Lifesiphon/<nothing> (SSB) MM
    RW Fabula Raider
    Main magicite Lvl 99 Wendigo with Ice Boost 8 inherited onto it
    Sub magicite were Lvl 80 Dullahan and Isgebind, Lvl 90 Kyrsta, and Lvl 99 Darkmare.
    I have since leveled Krysta to 99 and inherited Wind Resist 7 onto it, which makes surviving the initial Twister not quite so close.

Having highly leveled Magicite definitely provided the boost I needed to get over the finish line. This has proved true on my clears of all the bosses. Everyone is wearing Wind resist accessories; Rinoa has the Major Wind Resist as her HP is the lowest. Squall is geared for ATK and has my only +Ice armor. Rinoa and Onion Knight are geared for MAG. Raijin and Shelke are geared for RES to survive the initial Twister, though this is mainly important for Raijin, who barely survives even with his 4* Record Dive.

Shelke goes RW, Wrath twice, then Entrust Raijin. Then alternate Wrath/Entrust to Raijin. She can usually squeeze an extra Wrath in during Absorb Magic/Strength. Requires a bit of judgement.
    Onion Knight goes Chain Blizzaga x2, Entrust to Raijin. Then summon Magicite, refresh RW, and back to alternating Chain Blizzaga x2, Entrust to Raijin. When Raijin is full on SB meter at the end, just Chain Blizzaga. I've considered popping his mUSB, but haven't found good timing to do so.
    Raijin Lifesiphons once, then pops his SSB with Quickcast from the chain. After that he refreshes his SSB every time Last Stand pops. Sometimes it's better to hold everyone's action if he's going to pop his SSB so everyone gets a new Instantcast as well, otherwise it will probably go to waste with the timing.
    Rinoa puts up the Chain, then Chain Blizzaga. Refresh the Chain around ~16s, resume Chain Blizzaga, and finish with Tritoch casts. She can fire off a third Chain just for the damage towards the end of the fight.
    Squal does SSS x3, then his BSB2, then Draw and Junction three stacks, then Lower Roar spam. After his BSB2 drops, refresh his BSB2, then finish with SSS spam if necessary.

On my killing run Squall didn't W-cast Draw and Junction once, so I was kind of worried, but then turned around and triple cast Lower Roar. 210,000 damage all at once. It was *chef's kiss* a thing of beauty.

I'll resume farming tomorrow after the new Weekly Quest goes live. I don't think I'm concerned with repeating the sub-30s, just with reliably killing the boss every time I load the fight, which looks like it's predicated on not getting bad Absorb Magic and especially Absorb Strength. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hmm.

Pecil with BSB1 and OSB? Or Ceodore with USB?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hmm.

Pecil with BSB1 and OSB? Or Ceodore with USB?

For damage? Against what kind of boss?

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Okay, Tiamat run works even if I take a late Absorb Magic or Strength on the wrong target. I still probably need to reset if the first ones hit but that's not too bad.

Still testing whether doing a faster Entrust to Squall to start BSB2 early is better. I -think- it might be, depending on doublecasts, as it opens the possibility of not needing the final AOSB for the kill shot. The run I was testing that I did take a middle run Absorb Magic, which drastically cuts down Ysayle's damage, so it's hard to say.

Got my best time to:
    xjVkYVWl.png

Barring some miraculous doublecasting, a party rearrangement, and/or some marginal Magicite refinement to get the 'perfect' inherited skills on, that's about as good as I can do.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Datamined announcement for a Wallpaper Creator website. Interesting thing, apparently there's a chance after each wallpaper created that you'll be able to win some Mythril for your account. Why couldn't they just give the mythril to everybody like usual :/

Fry on
  • Options
    Ugh, having so much trouble with Kraken for some reason. Glints feel like a trap.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Ugh, having so much trouble with Kraken for some reason. Glints feel like a trap.
    Aura glints are a trap unless you were doing single stack early to then spam 5* abilities (for example->6* ability for meter a couple times->Glint->5* ability now under infusion). The others are fine.

I wouldn't do a Glint over a relevant USB but if it's an old BSB that is only giving aura, I might.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Aura glints are a trap unless you were doing single stack early to then spam 5* abilities (for example->6* ability for meter a couple times->Glint->5* ability now under infusion). The others are fine.

I wouldn't do a Glint over a relevant USB but if it's an old BSB that is only giving aura, I might.

Well, the idea I'm trying is Glint>5* ability spam>Arcane finisher, but it feels like without a USB in there you lose out on damage due to the lack of quickcast.

• Options

Well, the idea I'm trying is Glint>5* ability spam>Arcane finisher, but it feels like without a USB in there you lose out on damage due to the lack of quickcast.
    TBF, not all USBs have quickcast. And yes, in this situation, consider TGC RM on them or seeing if you can make the party work with some kind of external granted quickcast (ACM if using mages?)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Midgardsormr: 27.43s
    Ixion: 26.37s
    Kraken: 26.69s
    Maliris: 23.13s
    Isgebind: 29.83s

*record scratch*

Tiamat: 37.15s

>:O

• Options
    edited April 2018

TBF, not all USBs have quickcast. And yes, in this situation, consider TGC RM on them or seeing if you can make the party work with some kind of external granted quickcast (ACM if using mages?)

True, but I'm kinda stuck because my Kraken DPS consists of Sora and Lightning. Both are packing GSB/USB/ASB setups, but I've only got one Entruster to fuel them both.

With Sora, init en-lightning means I can usually go USB>Quadstrike spam, but the aura runs out before the ASB unless I Glint - but then the loss of a turn means I didn't save much time. Lightning's got the opposite problem - she can get into her USB quickly due to Haste + IC3, but without the Glint her ASB is pretty anemic (around 160k).

Darklyre on
  • Options
    I need to try out some of these new toys. Anyone got advice for Kain USB? Just USB to lightning dive spam?

I suppose I could pick up his osb from the gem banner...

• Options

True, but I'm kinda stuck because my Kraken DPS consists of Sora and Lightning. Both are packing GSB/USB/ASB setups, but I've only got one Entruster to fuel them both.

With Sora, init en-lightning means I can usually go USB>Quadstrike spam, but the aura runs out before the ASB unless I Glint - but then the loss of a turn means I didn't save much time. Lightning's got the opposite problem - she can get into her USB quickly due to Haste + IC3, but without the Glint her ASB is pretty anemic (around 160k).
    You need an extra 125 points or so if you get hit twice to get enough meter during the 15s window to ASB. (5 attacks + cast one more during window and you should get just under). Either a half bar Entrust to both during and/or maybe starting with some extra in the tank above 1 bar before hitting the USB.

I need to try out some of these new toys. Anyone got advice for Kain USB? Just USB to lightning dive spam?

I suppose I could pick up his osb from the gem banner...

You need to be a honelord, but yeah USB to Cyclone Bolt to Lightning Dive. AFAIK, USB makes the jumps instacast but does not itself get rid of jump delay. (This is why Dragoons are kind of stupid. The higher potency on their abilities doesn't always trade well with having to carry 2 abilities.) Good luck getting that first bar on him. A half bar entrust isn't unwelcome.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Ah, hones, my nemesis.

• Options
    I don't remember a lot of discussion about Boundless Ozma. Did no one tackle it? Was it so easy it wasn't worth mentioning? I just did a proof of concept run and I made it to the end of phase 5, but ran out of time and died to its enrage. Afterwards I noticed I had used optimize to initially fill in my gear, but neglected to change the RMs on my DPS to something +30% damage. Oops. That's embarrassing.

I think after everything my Present Draw will be the FFX set.

Leaning very strongly towards taking Raines OSB for my OSB select, though an argument exists for a few others:
    Onion Knight (everything else), Krile (BSB, Chain), Terra (USB), Locke (USB, LMR), Squall (Tiamat), Lightning (USB), Papa (BSB, LD), Gladio (BSB, +Fire Sword)

Still undecided on LMR choice. Looking at:
    Edge (USB0), Terra (USB), Celes (Indom Blade), Squall (Tiamat), Fujin (OSB), Aphmau (USB), Lightning (USB), Ovelia (USB)

Of those, Edge and Aphmau get used the most by far.

• Options
    *shakes head* I don't want to know how many times this guy S/L'd to get perfect RNG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZSludItRLo

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    *shakes head* I don't want to know how many times this guy S/L'd to get perfect RNG.

I think he/she said about 1000 over many many hours.

This discussion has been closed.