As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Now entering the fourth year of Keeping Records!

1939495969799»

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I have Zidane's SSB, BSB1, and OSB and he's still never managed to distinguish himself in either earth magicite. Although to be fair I never dove him.

He does have a very good trance mode. If I had en-wind for him I'd dive him for sure, because he's basically got Vaan's EX mode but with aura and the possibility of doublecast.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Less than ten non-core characters under level 80, and three full pages of 99s. I've done a lot of leveling this fest.

Over 90 characters at 99, 50 non-cores under 80, and over 450 majors-worth of growth eggs. I could level a couple of complete teams to 99 from level 1 with just eggs - which is actually my plan for Type-0 (and XI and XV, to a lesser extent), since I've got nothing for that realm whatsoever. There comes a point where the only reason for running the EXP dungeon is that this game is ridiculously stingy with arcanite, and magicite requires way too much EXP to push to 99.

I've made Lightning a permanent fixture of my leveling and daily parties, with LM2 (IC3+Haste) and One Against Many (RM that charges slowly but hits all harder than Zealot) she clears each round in a single action.

Daffydd on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Welp, I just went and tried a different team (Alphinaud, Fujin, and Shadow, Featuring Divine Portrait, two types of Tiamat, and Godwall) against Midgardsormr, and took him down in 45s, without any Imperil Wind. And i could make it halfway reliable with an R4 Raging Storm.

So I suppose that swings the scale away from Zidane, as it turns out I don't need his flavor of Imperil Wind after all.

So I guess I'll go with XI and Ayame? The only other stuff that tempts me is Balthier (I have his LMR for Dualcast and have been wanting something to make that useable), and Papalymo (his BSB is still very strong, it has +Fire, and he has Dualcast). But when I compare my Fire options to my Ice options, the latter is obviously lacking. I have Squall BSB2/USB, and Rinoa CSB, but that's about it. Sora can't run with the big boys with just his Glint, and Lulu's SSB won't cut it on its own. Ayame would be very strong, I think.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I have Zidane's SSB, BSB1, and OSB and he's still never managed to distinguish himself in either earth magicite. Although to be fair I never dove him.

He does have a very good trance mode. If I had en-wind for him I'd dive him for sure, because he's basically got Vaan's EX mode but with aura and the possibility of doublecast.

I was tinkering with different Midgardsormr builds and legend dived a couple characters (I have that luxury since I tend to be stingy with 5* motes) and Zidane was one of them with en-Wind SSB, OSB, and LMR. Jesus, what a beast that guy is in trance mode. Instant cast, double cast Dash and Slash is insane. Singlehandedly put me sub 30.

• Options
    Aww, stop trying to tempt me elsewhere.

Well, I don't have his LMR, so I think I can sleep on him for the moment.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Out of curiosity, anyone do Yuna's LD? Wondering how viable her USB2 actually is for damage, if you have the hones.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, anyone do Yuna's LD? Wondering how viable her USB2 actually is for damage, if you have the hones.

Yuna's LD is really bad. The only thing in the legend sphere that has to do with DPS is the LM2, and that's a very minor increase. Adding 25% of your base MND to your MAG is not much at all, and my understanding is that that increase also doesn't get scaled by MAG buffs. So you're getting a flat +75 MAG, maybe +100 MAG. Meh.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    If DeNa could redesign Summons, they'd probably make the Summon replace the caster (or the party?) for X rounds and have new Commands and Abilities

I think I just invented a new SB type

That's actually what's infuriating about this, is you'd see that as a new relic class for summoners instead of a new ability for them

Rius on
  • Options
    6* Summon, Lakshmi. For [N] turns, replace the caster with Lakshmi, and replace Attack with Vrill (instant Curaga) and Defend with Alluring Arm (Medica).

6* Summon, Ramewl. For [N] turns, replace the caster with Ramewl. Replace Attack with Heaven's Wrath (3-5-hit Thunder attack, based on MAG stat), replace Defend with Charge (2-hit Thunder attack, MAG/RES dark bargain).

Yeah, id be into that.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    They could go the XIII route, and have summons replace everyone else in the party.

(seriously, what were you thinking there, SQEX?)

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Made my anniversary pulls: first one went 2/11, with two five-stars: Yuffie’s materia armor and Terra’s materia armor. I looked at my mythril pile and then at all the easy-to-grind mythril out there, and took a second pull.

2/11. Both six-stars.

Two Conformers.

If that’s not RNGesus telling me to start running a damned ninja, who am I to argue?

Saved up more mythril, and pulled on the half-price banner. Got Cait Sith’s BSB (Lucky Girl) and Porom’s BSB (Healing Wind).

Just need to grind Yuffie up so her break just keeps kicking butt and set it as my RW.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Made my anniversary pulls: first one went 2/11, with two five-stars: Yuffie’s materia armor and Terra’s materia armor. I looked at my mythril pile and then at all the easy-to-grind mythril out there, and took a second pull.

2/11. Both six-stars.

Two Conformers.

If that’s not RNGesus telling me to start running a damned ninja, who am I to argue?

Saved up more mythril, and pulled on the half-price banner. Got Cait Sith’s BSB (Lucky Girl) and Porom’s BSB (Healing Wind).

Just need to grind Yuffie up so her break just keeps kicking butt and set it as my RW.

Cait Sith BSB is a great pull. His skill set is amazingly useful.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Many thanks to Rius for all his hard work. I hope to live up to his standards in carrying the torch:

A new thread!

Thanks @A duck!

This discussion has been closed.