Options

DC Comics! New Heroes! New Justice League! Old Watchmen! Aquaman Movie!

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind a film Joker that has so much prosthetics that he looks like an animatronic.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Just give me a fully animatronic Joker, honestly

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2018
    that joker looks more like the monster half of two-face become just one whole monster guy
    also he's got goblin ears

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    He looks like a Nosferatu but honestly that sounds more interesting than the Joker usually is so let's just go with it

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    On the topic of Batman stuff to put on a shelf:

sf2OVSv.jpgUuIPe14.jpg
    CBR.com wrote:
    Gerard Way’s own brand of imaginative comic book storytelling is soon headed toward your display shelf. Ahead of this weekend’s New York Toy Fair, DC Collectibles has unveiled a sneak peek of its 2018 lineup, which includes two new entries in its Batman: Black and White line, based on artwork by the curator of Young Animal.

The statues of Batman and Joker are based on illustrations revealed by Way on Twitter in 2013. The designs are titled “Kingdom of the Mad,” a Batman story that was approved by DC Entertainment for release through Vertigo but unfortunately never saw the light of day.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Thems some Gerard Way as hell designs

I dig them but they are absolutelt a product of their maker

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Gerard Way makes good comics and it's weird that he hasn't written anything for DC proper. Not even a short story for an anthology or anything.

Since Scott Snyder and Grant Morrison (and Tynion and Williamson) killed it with Wild Hunt, give me a Tomasi/Way Superman story

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Gerard Way makes good comics and it's weird that he hasn't written anything for DC proper. Not even a short story for an anthology or anything.

Since Scott Snyder and Grant Morrison (and Tynion and Williamson) killed it with Wild Hunt, give me a Tomasi/Way Superman story
    I would LOVE a Gerard Way Superman book

Honestly I think a Way Constantine story would be fun as hell, and my ideal pitch for him

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    8b9i6lsokza7.jpg

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    My Chemical Batman

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    My ACE Chemical Romance

• Options
    The character designs and some snippets for explanation as to what is going on can be found here

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    New art for the DC Zoom stuff.

ns4mqsqcpevm.png
    sxg8x89hr5z7.png
    stj17lhl2o9l.png
    f8mfbxxy11gu.png

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    That Bruce looks straight from Gotham (tv show)

• Options
    I am all in on Superman Smashes the Klan

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Marvel: What if Cap was secretly a Nazi?

DC: What if Superman openly faught against the Klan?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Old Marvel had that. But old marvel is gone.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Technically, Superman is openly fighting the Klan again

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    For those unfamiliar with the original story of Superman vs the Klan:

https://www.cbr.com/superman-vs-the-kkk-new-book-sorts-fact-from-fiction/

had a link to the original 1946 radio play. Sadly the link no longer works, but still a good read.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Superman Smashes the Klan won't be the only politically conscious DC Zoom OGN, as Super Sons is going to focus on severe climate change displacing people and an influx of refugees across the US.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass too, it seems.
    “It’s a book about justice for teenagers, about thinking about right and wrong and trying to figure about right or wrong. It’s a book about activism. I do have the word intersectionality in there; I’m feeling really good about that. I’m sure I’ll get some tweets about that, also the word ‘systematic’, I’m hoping we get to keep it in there.”

She also says it is "heavily" about drag queens.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    hmmmm that gives me pause. that's a fucking delicate balancing act to pull off.

drag can get super problematic with regard to either gay or trans issues if tipped too poorly on either side

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

drag can get super problematic with regard to either gay or trans issues if tipped too poorly on either side

Yeah I am a bit worried about the drag element, but Tamaki's work has been pretty well received when it comes to handling sensitive subjects (her handling of PTSD in Hulk comes to mind) so I bet she will at least do the appropriate research and try to do it correctly

Whether she succeeds....Yeah, I don't know

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

But by default, drag is neither. Drag is just cross-dressing for fun.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Yeah I am a bit worried about the drag element, but Tamaki's work has been pretty well received when it comes to handling sensitive subjects (her handling of PTSD in Hulk comes to mind) so I bet she will at least do the appropriate research and try to do it correctly

Having She-Hulk lose control of her powers was a terrible idea, though.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Some ideas can be good on paper but there's a history of fucking things up. Eg, Batgirl's crossdressing/trans villain and the woeful Greenteam/whatever that Occupy Wallstreet comic was.

I'm all in on a team of the super rich or Occupy. But the execution was poor.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Yeah but that wasn't her, she took that and made the best of it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Having She-Hulk be wounded wasn't her, but my impression of the comic as solicited was everything else was her.

• Options

Having She-Hulk be wounded wasn't her, but my impression of the comic as solicited was everything else was her.
    No, Bendis introduced Jen's new power set and look in Civil War 2 first

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    To be fair, Civil War 2 utterly disgusted me to the point of making me appreciate Civil War somewhat, so my bad on that one.

• Options
    Okay yeah DC is going all-in on their All-ages books being socially aware as fuck
    With a 15-year-old Wonder Woman on Paradise Island who sees drowning refugees and disobeys her mother Hippolyta to rescue them. She becomes caught up in their struggle, becoming a refugee herself. Washing up on a foreign shore, she is met by two UN workers — one called Steve and another called Trevor. While trying to help her find her way home, she uncovers a smuggler and trafficking ring.

I am way into this

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I believe the children are our future

• Options
    edited February 2018
    DC May Solicits are out

Tynion is leaving Detective Comics, Batgirl and the Birds of Prey is ending and Benjamin Percy is taking over Nightwing

Oh and The New Challengers is finally coming out

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Paging all the other weirdos who love Final Crisis

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I already have the absolute version but yes getting this

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I think I'm missing a few issues, and I've wanted to get a nice hardcover of it eventually

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I already have the TPBs of the stories I want, but nevertheless I agree with the "Holy Shit" statement.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Wait
    Christos Gage is writing another deadshot mini? Man blank would have loved that if he was still alive

• Options
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Wait
    Christos Gage is writing another deadshot mini? Man blank would have loved that if he was still alive
    Hello, my ghost has been summoned to tell you ya got played, he's writing a mini set in the Telltale Batman Universe featuring Deadshot

With that I return to my eternal slumber

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Paging all the other weirdos who love Final Crisis

that Geoff Johns content though... :?

This discussion has been closed.