As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Comics! New Heroes! New Justice League! Old Watchmen! Aquaman Movie!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Your story doesn't add up, Keith. You commented on this discussion yesterday, which means that you were already reminded that The Unwritten exists - and yet you claim to only remember about it just now. Doesn't add up. Whom are you covering for? Where's the briefcase with the money?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Bendis has announced the first two new creator owned Jinxworld books at DC

6v8y1z2mntva.jpg

Pearl, with Michael Gaydos, about a tattoo artist for the Yakuza who falls in love with a member of a rival clan
    fexsnf2bqaim.jpg

Cover, with David Mack, about a comic artist recruited by the CIA, roughly adapted from Jack Kirby's real-life experiences.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Big nnnnnooooo thanks on Pearl

I was cringing just reading that premise

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Bendis really should have made Pearl when he was still at Marvel, Cebulski could have helped him make sure it was super authentic

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    How can that much shade burn that hard?

• Options
    Tynion gave a couple of hints towards his post Detective books

He was asked about his dream book and said it would be Teen Titans with the Connor/Cassie/Bart crew, and when asked what pre-existing characters he felt were underdeveloped he said the supporting cast of his next unannounced book.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Tynion gave a couple of hints towards his post Detective books

He was asked about his dream book and said it would be Teen Titans with the Connor/Cassie/Bart crew, and when asked what pre-existing characters he felt were underdeveloped he said the supporting cast of his next unannounced book.

MY RUMORS COME TRUE

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    My sources tell me Channing Tatum has jumped from his continuously delayed Gambit movie to star in theBooster Gold movie "Thank You, Green Lantern", written and directed by Lord & Miller

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    But Keith, that'll ruin my plans for a Booster Gold & Blue Beetle film starring James Van Der Beek and Mark-Paul Gosselaar.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    But Keith, that'll ruin my plans for a Booster Gold & Blue Beetle film starring James Van Der Beek and Mark-Paul Gosselaar.

Setting: New York City, at an original cast performance of Hamilton

Leslie Odom Jr: "And the world's gonna know your name. What's your name, man?"
    Booster Gold: (echoing from the back row) "Booster Gold."
    Odom Jr: (yelling, confused) "What?"
    Gold: "I said my name is Booster Gold"
    Lin-Manuel Miranda: "Hey man, we're trying to put on a show here"
    Gold: "My bad! Sorry!"
    *Booster flies out of the theater *
    Miranda: "Oh, shit"
    *pause*
    Miranda: "That was Green Lantern!"

End scene

• Options
    Why

Why do you hurt me like this

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Green Lantern makes no appearance in the film, and there are no mentions of GL outside of when people say "Thank you, Green Lantern!" to Booster.

Post Credits Scene 1:
    from a scene shortly earlier in the film, a civilian says "Thank you, Green Lantern!" and Booster yells "MY NAME IS BOOSTER GOLD" before flying off

rewind

zoom out to the crowd

a man in the shadows with glowing eyes is revealed to have been following Booster and psychically manipulating people into seeing him as Green Lantern

slow pan-up of the man
    pan-up reveals a high-tech gold watch

Man: *tapping a button on the watch* "L-Ron."
    L-Ron: *in an AI assistance voice* "What can I do for you, Mr. Lord?"

camera still panning up
    he pulls out a handkerchief
    he wipes off the blood coming out of his nose

Maxwell Lord: "Get me Ted Kord on the phone.
    L-Ron: "Of course, Mr. Lord. Calling Ted Kord"

*cut back to credits*

Post Credits Scene 2:
    Booster is walking down a street and sees a dog chasing a squirrel up a tree.

Booster: "Hey mutt, why don't you leave him alone?"

The dog growls and lunges at Booster, but lets out a yelp before reaching him. The camera turns to see the squirrel attacked the dog to save Booster. The dog runs off.

Suddenly, a bright green beam falls out of the sky.

Ring: "Ch'p of Earth, you have the ability to overcome great fear."

the squirrel puts on the ring

Ring: "Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps."

Ch'p: *looking at Booster* "Thanks for the help, Green Lantern!"

Ch'p flies off into space

*cut to black*

• Options
    In the second film (Booster Gold: Vol. 1), Ted Kord is played by William Jackson Harper

• Options
    Who pays Skeets, and also is it a voiced CG character or a person in a foam suit?

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    James Earl Jones

Evil skeets is Bruce Campbell

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    OK, so "person in a foam suit", then.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    w2bkf34wd1k01.jpg

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    some kind of swerve is coming, right?

He dies in the first five minutes?

Theres Invincible style hyper violence?

Like that simply looks too... nice, to be a DC movie

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    The costume is perfect but holy heck that hair does not work for Zachary Levi.

• Options
    Also, I'm really surprised at that lightning bolt?? I'd expect it to be CG stuff but that's actually impressive looking. The whole costume, actually, looks really good for a leaked set picture.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Can..can I not buy comics in Comixology anymore? Its been a few months but it seems like theres no way to buy any comics anymore?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    You can't do in-app purchases on iOS because Apple charges a cut and Comixology didn't wanna pay, so you gotta buy them from the site and then sync to your device
    On Android stuff, yeah, you should still be able to do it in the app

• Options
    Thats dumb. Ok I'm reading Rebirth as suggested. I am...a little confused?
    So Wally got trapped in the speedforce at some point, but it was after Flashpoint right? He mentions the letter he gave Bruce at the end of that

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Ok, that last post? That was on me, a few pages later they explained it. Ok sure. I'm rolling with it. But the ending? The fucking ending of Rebirth
    Did Batman just pull out the fucking Comedian's pin from Watchman? And the watch that Doctor Manhattan rebuilds on Mars was Wally's? The fuck

Bucketman on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Doomsday Clock (currently ongoing)is the book where all that culminates, but there are throughlines from rebirth to now.

• Options
    So far Milk Wars is like DC said "What if we did a Nextwave"

Someone might have already said that in this thread but yeah.

• Options
    some kind of swerve is coming, right?

He dies in the first five minutes?

Theres Invincible style hyper violence?

Like that simply looks too... nice, to be a DC movie
    Wait until they put the color filter on.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Tom King hinted on Twitter that there's a reason Booster Gold is suddenly popping up in books like Action Comics and Batman after being gone for years and that they have a secret plan for him

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Next DC event: Boosterpoint

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Everything they've filmed so far for shazam is part of a flashback to the good old days before we cut to present and Billy Batson is a heroin addict living under a bridge

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    so I had a dream that they were making a new Superman movie

and the trailer was just The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts while he flew around being heroic and reassuring

maybe that's what Shazam will be

that'd be nice

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Everything they've filmed so far for shazam is part of a flashback to the good old days before we cut to present and Billy Batson is a heroin addict living under a bridge
    You said it, and by doing so you made it real.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    In fact, it'll be revealed that "Captain Marvel" never even existed, and "Shazam" is the street name of the drug that Billy's hooked on. Everything else is just a hallucination.

Whoa, sorry folks, can't stay and chat, I've got a script to sell to WB.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Shaman is a kids tv show like power rangers. And when Billy gets his powers he models himself after that.

Something meta. More Vertigo than DC.

• Options
    Tom King hinted on Twitter that there's a reason Booster Gold is suddenly popping up in books like Action Comics and Batman after being gone for years and that they have a secret plan for him

Channing Tatum

• Options
    Keith wrote: »

Channing Tatum
    stop it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Booster was the only pre-Flashpoint character to appear in the New 52 (pre-Rebirth) along with the N52 version

Apparently he blew up and became Waverider, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a big part of the Rebirth "mystery"

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.