As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Here Lies [Love] and some really fuckin' rad couches

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Conveniently I seem to have found a relatively sane guy on Tinder, who I'd swiped right on earlier in the week and we've been chatting all day

However, he has some movie opinions which make me concerned it's all an elaborate catfishing attempt by @Rorshach Kringle

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Goose!PsykomaSolarZonugalKadithKetarASimPersonDesert LeviathanElvenshaeOghulkMunkus BeaverNeoTomaSnicketysnickRainfallTynnanJedocAngelinaHacksawDonovan PuppyfuckerchromdomwanderingSkeithThat Dave FellaSorcesarukunErin The RedMadEddyInfidelgodmodeDisruptedCapitalistbalerbowerRaijin Quickfoot
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It's a real shame that love had to die last thread...

At least it went out

With a bang

uypd6zfcwteu.png

XaquinPeenElvenshaeGrey GhostceresErin The Red
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Typically I make Sheri's favorite meal (filet and lobster tail, with red velvet cake for desert) but our new oven sets off the smoke detector whenever I try to use cast iron, so I dunno if that's a good idea

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Love is a farce, the only way forward now is bitter hatred and self-loathing.

Happy Valentines Day!

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    In my opinion, online dating can be quite emotionally tough

I tend to think that if you're not sure about opening a profile right now, maybe leave it

But then maybe not, you never know

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Conveniently I seem to have found a relatively sane guy on Tinder, who I'd swiped right on earlier in the week and we've been chatting all day

However, he has some movie opinions which make me concerned it's all an elaborate catfishing attempt by @Rorshach Kringle

6gxp8iwmvn9u.gif

6vjsgrerts6r.png

UsagigodmodeRaijin Quickfoot
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

However, he has some movie opinions which make me concerned it's all an elaborate catfishing attempt by Rorshach Kringle

You can't say that and not elaborate on those opinions

Elvenshaechromdom
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wish I could just.

Go meet people in person? At least they will see more of my personality more quickly, even if it is more draining.

Online dating is a nightmare. Why send messages to these random people I don't know just to fill their inbox even more than it already is on the off chance they also think I'm interesting enough to message back, then even if I do talk to them for a while I don't end up meeting because I tend to trail off and get self conscious bout continuing to talk to them.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

However, he has some movie opinions which make me concerned it's all an elaborate catfishing attempt by Rorshach Kringle

Comparing it to AJ is frankly all the elaboration I need

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Typically I make Sheri's favorite meal (filet and lobster tail, with red velvet cake for desert) but our new oven sets off the smoke detector whenever I try to use cast iron, so I dunno if that's a good idea

We have the smoke detector unplugged because we do a lot of cooking on cast iron and on a wok, so we’ll probably die in a fire together someday! Romance

Rorshach KringleNightDragonGoose!Donovan PuppyfuckerchromdomSkeithceresSorceErin The Redgodmode

rude!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

ZonugalKetar
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular

We have the smoke detector unplugged because we do a lot of cooking on cast iron and on a wok, so we’ll probably die in a fire together someday! Romance

I've thought of that, but the ceiling in which the smoke detector in question is located is, like, 20 feet tall, and our ladder doesn't go up that high

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hell, I was in a hurry this morning and missed a patch of stubble on my jaw

Dammit

rude!

Oh, sorry I just meant that you have very well-established taste, not that I don't want your movie opinions. You're easily the most interesting person on the forums to read on film.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Rorshach KringleDouglasDangerNeoToma
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular

I've thought of that, but the ceiling in which the smoke detector in question is located is, like, 20 feet tall, and our ladder doesn't go up that high

Ugh, that is the worst! Sorry :(

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    My brother got out it it. At least I'm getting a free meal out of the deal.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Ben Affleck is the best Batman in cinema

He has memorized all 6 original Star Wars films

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    ElvenshaeNeoTomaErin The Red
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Things look less hopeful than ever of ever having a relationship again, but I bought myself a pink alpaca plush, so I think it evens out.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852

what

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Magic PinkErin The Red
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I can't tell if that's a Ready Player One reference or

• PeenPeen Registered User regular

cacf53bc0f1458dc6c283d55d1e1e5ed.gif

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't support a Batman who watches movies other than documentaries

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    There's no absolute measure of what makes a good Batman in cinema, so it's as sound an argument as any

Straightzi wrote: »
    I don't support a Batman who watches movies other than zorro.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

OmnipotentBagelElvenshaeZonugalFremDonovan PuppyfuckerErin The Red
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I don't support a Batman who watches movies other than zorro.

Zorro, arguably, was the last film Bruce Wayne could have seen without also being Batman.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    StraightziSolarbowenOmnipotentBagelZonugalCelloLabelHacksawSorceJoolanderErin The RedMadEddy
    in my canon, bruce wayne has never seen a movie since zorro

6vjsgrerts6r.png

OmnipotentBagelZonugalGrey GhostNechriahMadEddy
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't think there's a Zorro opera but I believe that there probably is in DC and that's what I'm gonna say they were watching

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    In a modern world, he'd have gone to see the Antonio Banderas Zorro, which is extra funny to think about

StraightziRorshach KringleElvenshaeDesert LeviathanZonugalGvzbgulDouglasDangerNeoTomaGrey GhostSnicketysnickNechriahHacksawDonovan PuppyfuckerJoolanderMadEddy

I actually really adore the idea of a Bruce Wayne who considers popular culture a huge waste of time

And then like eventually the Riddler figures it out and just does crimes that are all references to like, recent blockbuster movies and popular music and Bruce has to ask his various sidekicks for help

ElvenshaeSolarRorshach KringleMorivethZonugalDouglasDangerNeoTomaSnicketysnickNechriahDonovan PuppyfuckerJoolandergodmode
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

I actually really adore the idea of a Bruce Wayne who considers popular culture a huge waste of time

And then like eventually the Riddler figures it out and just does crimes that are all references to like, recent blockbuster movies and popular music and Bruce has to ask his various sidekicks for help

"Robin, this says something about steamed hams... What does that mean?"

ZonugalGvzbgulJansonNeoTomaSnicketysnickDonovan PuppyfuckerProlegomenaSorceJoolanderRozSCREECH OF THE FARGButler
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Johann Strauss wrote an operetta called The Bat which is what I think they were attending

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Solar wrote: »
    In a modern world, he'd have gone to see the Antonio Banderas Zorro, which is extra funny to think about

Such a great movie.

Also:
    ceres wrote: »
    My husband and I are doing a whole lot of nothing tonight. We don't get a lot of time for an evening with just the two of us together, I'm not going to spend it at an overcrowded restaurant with no parking and a restricted menu. We'll pick another time.

Must be a weird day for Catholics this year

Yes. No chocolates for you, today! And no nice dinner out, neither.

Elvenshae on
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I don't do Valentine's Day. I don't like being told what to do by massive impersonal marketing campaigns, and I don't like fighting my way through crowds. Even on the couple occasions when I've been in a relationship concurrent with a Valentine's Day, I've explained my position and we've agreed not to do the holiday. What I do instead is have a private romantic celebration one week before Valentine's Day. That way, my partner knows that I was thinking about them and planning ahead that much further, and it's actually possible to make restaurant reservations, and when actual Valentine's Day happens and people ask what we did we can just use the story from the week earlier instead. And then we can still spend actual Valentine's Day together, but with a strict "no fancy crap" policy, so it can just be a relaxing day where we watch movies and order a pizza, or if there's a work or personal emergency it's not actually catastrophic.

Anyway, I think it's a pretty good plan. But I've also broken up eventually with 100% of the people I've dated so far, so who the hell knows.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    edited February 2018
    Johann Strauss wrote an operetta called The Bat which is what I think they were attending

it's changed so many times that you can choose whatever you want. i always liked the version where they are taking bruce to see a zorro movie, because it adds an element that that night out was about him

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

OmnipotentBagelDesert LeviathanZonugalDouglasDangerGrey GhostUnbrokenEvaElvenshaeSorceJoolanderUsagiMadEddySCREECH OF THE FARG
    edited February 2018
    Moriveth wrote: »

"I need help with this Riddler puzzle Dick. There's something about some stiles and a ledger and someone named Gordon-Levitt - possibly related to Barbara?"

"Bruce, that's 10 Things I Hate About You."

"..."

"Right, fine, whatever. It's Taming of the Shrew, you know that one, right?"

Straightzi on
    Rorshach KringleMorivethZonugalSnicketysnickElvenshaeSorceJoolanderfurliongodmode
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Here Lies Love

yeah, sure, why not

Things not going well with your lady friend my man?

no not that, referencing the thread title and that time Tynic died with her gravestone written with "yeah sure why not"

Here Lies Love

yeah, sure, why not

Things not going well with your lady friend my man?

no not that, referencing the thread title and that time Tynic died with her gravestone written with "yeah sure why not"

In... in a game of some sort or...?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    we all know tynic will never die. she will just transplant her brain into a perfect immortal machine.

CelloJoolander
    Moriveth wrote: »

"I need help with this Riddler puzzle Dick. There's something about some stiles and a ledger and someone named Gordon-Levitt - possibly related to Barbara?"

"Bruce, that's 10 Things I Hate About You."

"..."

"Right, fine, whatever. It's Taming of the Shrew, you know that one, right?"

i need to workshop some ideas on this premise

it's a goldmine

6vjsgrerts6r.png

StraightziOmnipotentBagelZonugalEinzelCelloSnicketysnickElvenshae
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    we all know tynic will never die. she will just transplant her brain into a perfect immortal machine.

Her hair is the sentient being and it'll just find a new host. It is in this style that it has traversed the centuries.

TallahasseerielFremNightDragonElvenshaeMadEddy
This discussion has been closed.