As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Here Lies [Love] and some really fuckin' rad couches

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Repopulate it with your words

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I asked someone I matched with today if they could carry me out of Platinum in Overwatch.

I think they might?

I'm not sure I'm doing it right, but I'm getting results.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    Do I need to pull out Bearby, my 35 year old koala Shirt Tales pillow just to shame you for being wrong, Saru? Cause he's the

a38d4cd533ace610417ef4ebb6973990.jpg
    (stock photo)
    Look at this fucking asshole.

I hate him.

• Options
    Okay so I am definitely into the “can’t sleep” portion of being sad.

But actual bad feelings seem to have tapered off.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My sister is claiming that her rib has relocated itself in her neck
    problem is she's so high on painkillers that I can't tell if this is an accurate reporting of an insane sounding medical problem or an inaccurate reporting of a more normal sounding medical problem.

I think she's getting an x-ray today, hopefully that will clear things up one way or another.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    problem is she's so high on painkillers that I can't tell if this is an accurate reporting of an insane sounding medical problem or an inaccurate reporting of a more normal sounding medical problem.

I think she's getting an x-ray today, hopefully that will clear things up one way or another.

I hope she's okay, whatever has happened to her.

• Options
    I can guarantee it will be something bizarre that only ever happens to 0.001% of the population.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    She’s sounding a lot like my sister...

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I got a solid 14 hours of sleep today and it was great.

I didn't even know it was World Sleep Day!

Happy World Sleep Day, everyone.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

are there ribs in your neck?

• Options
    no, so I think having one there points to a problem.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Collarbone?

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    collarbone ain't a rib

could be a cervical rib, but those are congenital

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Collarbone?

Excuse me, Gvz, but I think I know my ribs from my collarbone.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need some peace and quiet so I can determine whether this thing here is my ass or a hole in the ground.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    being sick sucks, weird dreams...

Also I am kinda trying to figure things to do with myself to pass the time til I hear back from ood but keep coming up blank. it's making me very anxious and I hate it. I tired posting about it in the job thread since talking about it helps make me less nervous, but since I'm not a regular in there my posts kinda got lost in the shuffle.

I suppose I could focus on losing weight and being active again... but blech.

Also I could try to date I guess but I am kinda boring, I just never do anything.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    sarukun wrote: »
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Collarbone?

Excuse me, Gvz, but I think I know my ribs from my collarbone.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need some peace and quiet so I can determine whether this thing here is my ass or a hole in the ground.

Why not both

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I can guarantee it will be something bizarre that only ever happens to 0.001% of the population.

Ok so, update:
    - her rib cartilage got dislodged? Or damaged? and left one of her upper ribs free to shift around and poke into her upper spine
    - unclear if actually neck or just upper back but if it's very top rib could well be neck
    - apparently this is not an unknown thing but usually only happens with the lower ribs, as anticipated she just had to be different.

So, not a Valium induced fever dream, just Valium inhibited anatomical description.

Myself I've torn a lower intercostal muscle from coughing so as a family we're clearly going to town on the whole ribcage. I'm going to see if I can tape it up or something.

tynic on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    How are they even gonna deal with that, do they just bolt her rib back into place or something?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I got a solid 14 hours of sleep today and it was great.

I didn't even know it was World Sleep Day!

Happy World Sleep Day, everyone.

Oh a day just for me, how nice.

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    How are they even gonna deal with that, do they just bolt her rib back into place or something?

Well they try to avoid surgery but yeah, basically. They kind of massage it back where it should be, tape up the muscles to hold it in as much as possible, tell her to try not to move to much till it fixes itself. Nobody seems to know how long it will take to heal.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    So she's been banned from sneezing then.

• Options
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I hope she's not a violent sneezer. That led to one of the worst pains I can remember after an operation.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I hope she's not a violent sneezer. That led to one of the worst pains I can remember after an operation.

I tell you what, though - those surgeons did a fucking brilliant job re-attaching your face for the second time. First the angry gibbon tore it off, then you sneezed it off, and there's no way anyone on Earth would ever be able to tell it's been sewn back on, TWICE. Not even a single solitary tiny scar.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Wow, that's a very unique injury! I hope their recovery goes well!

Broken ribs are awful, I've broken ribs twice from asthma fits
    8-)

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Ok so, update:
    - her rib cartilage got dislodged? Or damaged? and left one of her upper ribs free to shift around and poke into her upper spine
    - unclear if actually neck or just upper back but if it's very top rib could well be neck
    - apparently this is not an unknown thing but usually only happens with the lower ribs, as anticipated she just had to be different.

So, not a Valium induced fever dream, just Valium inhibited anatomical description.

Myself I've torn a lower intercostal muscle from coughing so as a family we're clearly going to town on the whole ribcage. I'm going to see if I can tape it up or something.

This has been a wild ride.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Hope she recovers quickly!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Juggernut’s time to shine!

444divyw9f9d.png

• Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Person messages me yesterday afternoon on OKC, I start conversing with her and a span of time passes since I last message something (assuming she's wrapping up/leaving work), nap for about an hour or so after that and then discover she deactivated the account. A shame since her bio indicated complementary interests.

But also made me think why she even bothered contacting me? Le sigh online dating sites...

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    Aw man. Little dude at this coffee shop just got shot down by the girl he asked to prom.

Mad love, Little Dude.

Mad love.

• Options
    GO TO PROM WITH HIM.

• Options
    If he wasn't in Middle and/or highschool I would.

Little Dude's gotta learn to fly with his own wings on this one.

• Options
    GO TO PROM WITH...

me?

• Options
    Show me the limo and the corsage first and then we'll talk

• Options
    edited March 2018
    The limo will be my bed, and the corsage will be cake donuts and the actual prom part will just be us laying in bed, eating cake donuts and watching Full Metal Alchemist.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    The limo will be my bed, and the corsage will be cake donuts and the actual prom part will just be us laying in bed, eating cake donuts and watching Full Metal Alchemist.

Those are literally the best possible combination of words you could've said pick me up at now

• Options
    I will not be wearing pants

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    juggernaut + chico rn:

tumblr_m9rc9ion6y1rucc9wo4_500.gif

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Jesus, I wish somebody would sweep me off my feet like that.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    How are normal people supposed to compete with romance like that

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.