As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Here Lies [Love] and some really fuckin' rad couches

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    who am I kidding. I still have third edition (the older edition) twilight imperium and haven't gotten to play it still.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    In an extended conversation on whether or not either of us would make out with a ghost.

So I pose this question to the group now.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Elvenshae
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I mean, I say one thing, then am utterly unable to par down the 100+ boardgames and all the sewing equipment I have.

I’m pretty good at not buying more, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BADhRmu4Cw

sig.gif
    is the ghost hot? I mean temperature wise. most ghosts you hear about are cold.

Elvenshae
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yes, obviously

GustavZonugalElvenshae
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Depends on the ghost type I guess. An ethereal impression of a person yeah I guess if I've had a few drinks. Spectres or poltergeists like banshees or something more corporeal ehhhh.... that's probably a left swipe.

I would absolutely get it on with spectral mist though.

Juggernut on
    we talking a focused non-terminal repeating phantasm here?

I think we need to talk to the experts.

where are Timspork and tankhammer?

StasisElvenshae
    I will smooch any kind of ghost because hot damn we now have proof of life after death and I don't care if you are rotting without lips.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    If a ghost wants to smooch me then maybe that's their unfinished business and who am I to prevent them from moving on?

Juggernutgodmodewebguy20Grey GhostjgeisNightDragonElvenshae
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Do these ghost look like normal people or are we talking ghostbusters demon ghosts?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I'm always down for a haunted hookup.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Do I have to kiss the ghost via a medium, like Whoopi Goldberg?

Because if so, then yes.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    I would do it solely for the power of the one upping anecdote

For the rest of my life, every time someone told a story about getting ghosted by someone they went on one shitty Tinder date with

I'd be able to tell them about the time that I hooked up with a girl and she left her sweater at my place and when I went to return it I discovered that she had been dead for thirty years

Grey GhostElvenshaeSkeith
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Do I have to kiss the ghost via a medium, like Whoopi Goldberg?

Because if so, then yes.

Yes and no.

We only get john Edward from that show crossing over

Oh god that's where this ends up huh? On a date that goes well and we are smooching and the red ribbon around her neck gets undone and her head plops off.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Grey GhostDonovan PuppyfuckerVeldrinElvenshae
    edited April 2018
    Gustav wrote: »
    Oh god that's where this ends up huh? On a date that goes well and we are smooching and the red ribbon around her neck gets undone and her head plops off.

Oooh, do you default to red? I've got some databases to update.

Edit: For context, there are a lot of different versions of this folktale, and while there are always differences in different versions, one of the things I frequently see is that the color of the ribbon changes depending on the source. It's a very minor thing, but I find it really interesting.

For instance, I default to yellow. I have no idea why, since my first experience with the story was likely in the Alvin Schwartz book In A Dark, Dark Room (Alvin Schwartz, in case you didn't know, is also the author of those Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark books with the horrifying Stephen Gemmell art). In that version, the ribbon is green, and green is the color I most frequently encounter when other people reference the story. You also regularly see black and red, or versions with no color specified.

Straightzi on
    I've heard it both as red or yellow, but I think I heard it first with red.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Elvenshae

all the way off or only partial decapitation?

What am I working with here?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

all the way off or only partial decapitation?

What am I working with here?

Death becomes her was pretty formative for me as well

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    In my head that'd be a black ribbon

The sexiest ribbon

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    The updated millennial version is a mesh choker.

SolarEinzelRadiusElvenshaesarukun
    Honestly every time I see someone wearing a simple velvet choker, I wonder if it's an abstruse reference to that story

GustavDouglasDangerElvenshae
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I mean why not, too

It's a cool look

Solar on
    bowenDouglasDangerJoolanderElvenshae
    Solar wrote: »
    I mean why not, too

It's a cool look

I dig it.

It cannot be comfortable or practical.

webguy20
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It's not really about a ribbon 'round the neck or a velvet choker, but it was still the first thing which came to my mind

https://youtu.be/eR-B-StfDQk

XaquinElvenshaeLou29
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Same only I was thinking Dropkick Murphys

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

So I clicked on this

Apparently the guy who trimmed this hedges name is Tim Bushe

SorcegodmodeJansonGoose!NightDragonElvenshaeSkeithsarukun
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    At a certain point Minimalism really chives my potato. At its most extreme it is an expression of wealth in that if a need ever comes up, it can be simply purchased without worry. Being a less than wealthy person means I need to have crap even if I only use it once or twice a year.

(Not directed at anyone in this thread, just a sore spot for me.)

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I don't really see that angle on minimalism, myself

I'm just tired of moving boxes from one dwelling to the next and never unpacking them

And with digital purchases, libraries and streaming services, there isn't a need for lots of books and movies and games

Some of this is from my divorce, I guess? When I moved out, my ex asked what I wanted, and I said, some books, I guess? My PlayStation? And that was basically it

I had a house full of stuff, and I didn't need or want any of it

Some of that feeling was definitely about escaping a bad situation, but it was also a bit of a realization

DouglasDanger on
    LiiyaDonovan PuppyfuckerJanson
    So one of the groups of friends and I made plans to go out on Friday and do dinner and a movie.

Then they wanted to invite one of their friends (who has a g/f who I don't really care for one of the people because she's made some nasty comments to others and myself) and I just don't like hanging around with them.

So of course their response to me going "I don't want to have dinner with them, go on without me" was to freak out at me and say "fine we just won't hang out with anyone" because apparently the other group of friends didn't even want to do the movie.

I said "I really don't care what you do" and walked away and went home. I have surprisingly little patience for fuckheads at 30 I've noticed.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    At a certain point Minimalism really chives my potato. At its most extreme it is an expression of wealth in that if a need ever comes up, it can be simply purchased without worry. Being a less than wealthy person means I need to have crap even if I only use it once or twice a year.

(Not directed at anyone in this thread, just a sore spot for me.)

Whereas I just hate clutter.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I definitely see both angles on minimalism. Some of my clutter is due to growing up in a home where we never had x or y when I needed it, so I do like to save things ‘just in case’.

But it’s also true that libraries and digital storage eliminate a lot of our need for stuff regardless of one’s income level.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I still have feelings for my ex. I know the relationship is gone and I don't even want it back really but...I fucking miss her and it sucks and I feel like I'm that loser ex still pining for his ex years down the line

Oghulk wrote: »
    I still have feelings for my ex. I know the relationship is gone and I don't even want it back really but...I fucking miss her and it sucks and I feel like I'm that loser ex still pining for his ex years down the line

100% normal. It takes time and finding other ways to fulfill yourself. And eventually you meet someone and then you go "who? Oh Karen? Yeah whatever" and you're cured.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh man FUCK jetlag. Usually we are friends. Tonight we are not friends.

Also it's hella stuffy in this room, but I don't want to open a window because a) we have no screens and the mosquitos have been tearing into me tonight, and b) baboons like to hang out on the window sill and well, we have no screens.

On top of that the cows are being total assholes tonight. Oh my God stop screaming, I'm trying to sleep.

Cellowebguy20Donovan PuppyfuckerSolarElvenshaeDidgeridooSkeithsarukunSnicketysnickSassori
    If that's not the start to a jungle horror movie starring The Rock, I don't know what is.

Elvenshae
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Having too much stuff and being able to see it all legitimately stresses me out.

Especially in the kitchen.

Saying this I have gigantic kitchen and a bunch of stuff in it. But at this stage I feel I have everything I want in a kitchen and when people buy me stuff in the kitchen which are just boring old one use things stresses me out.

My dad bought me a wheel narrow like eight months ago and I didn't need one and it has been sitting unused in my garage since taking up space and stressing me out. While my parents go, oh you can just leave it in the garage. And my response is, I don't want to take up space in my garage.

Luckily I got rid of the wheelbarrow yesterday.

Donovan Puppyfucker
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    If that's not the start to a jungle horror movie starring The Rock, I don't know what is.

I've been lying here listening to the peaceful, soothing noises of the bush. Besides histrionic cows, something's been bashing at the kitchen door and shoving the grill on the back verandah around.

Probably baboons. Or at least I hope it's baboons, because all the alternatives are a lot worse.

EinzelCelloElvenshaegodmodesarukunThat Dave FellaASimPerson
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Having too much stuff and being able to see it all legitimately stresses me out.

Especially in the kitchen.

Saying this I have gigantic kitchen and a bunch of stuff in it. But at this stage I feel I have everything I want in a kitchen and when people buy me stuff in the kitchen which are just boring old one use things stresses me out.

My dad bought me a wheel narrow like eight months ago and I didn't need one and it has been sitting unused in my garage since taking up space and stressing me out. While my parents go, oh you can just leave it in the garage. And my response is, I don't want to take up space in my garage.

Luckily I got rid of the wheelbarrow yesterday.

Also shit if you ever DO need a wheelbarrow, you can just borrow mine.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That's what I do!

If I want one and I know it takes up a lot of space and I don't use it often I borrow one.

This discussion has been closed.