As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Here Lies [Love] and some really fuckin' rad couches

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I appreciate it. I wouldn't want to blame myself if things go kaput

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I love these forums.

Eh.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    mori1972 wrote: »
    With all this talk of Cadbury creme eggs, fun (not fun) fact is that I actually grew up in Bournville, Birmingham - home of the very Cadbury factory that makes said chocolate. Let me tell you the smell of chocolate wafting across the schoolyard every day was delicious torture.
    Karl wrote: »
    And I thought the London underground was bad.

Jesus wept

Woah, woah, woah there! I worked for London Underground for nearly 5 years and I won't stand for any of that sass-mouth when it comes to the Underground. Considering its construction history (because yeah, having a bunch of competing companies building separate sections of the network over different time periods was never going to be problematic for providing a unified service long-term!) and general age (being started at a time when not two fucks were given about such things as future capacity or disabled access because...well...you know...Britain! :rotate:) it's done an admirable job to even still be (mostly) functional.

That and the fact that moving away from London really made me miss having any kind of metro network for the day to day commute. Although, admittedly that was before I learned to drive, so nowadays I'm admittedly somewhat less....invested in public transport generally.

The central line is hotter than the core of the sun though

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    I love these forums.

Eh.

My love is conditional.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've got that date tonight but the girl's gotta drive a bit to get to me and the road conditions are nasty and only gonna get worse
    Trying to find out if we gotta postpone

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Today I learned that there is word in Italian that is very close to the word for having a big dick (edit: similar to calzone). Thank you housemate for correcting my pronunciation.

Liiya on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    What’s the word, out of self preservation? Heading to Italy in a few weeks!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Its something like "calthzone", when I was trying to say calzone.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Ahh yes... Who could forget the Italian adult classic.

The Low-Cal Calthzone Zone

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I would've expected it to be more closely related to stromboli.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    "cazzo" is dick, if I remember my minor training in slang from the Italian-owned garage I worked at for a few months when I was a teenager.

"grande cazzo" seems like it would be big dick, but I am probably wrong.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    "cazzo" is dick, if I remember my minor training in slang from the Italian-owned garage I worked at for a few months when I was a teenager.

"grande cazzo" seems like it would be big dick, but I am probably wrong.

"Cazzone" is the augmentative of "cazzo" (an augmentative is the opposite of a diminuitive)

For comparison, augmentatives in English are created with prefixes such as over-, grand-, super-, mega-

• Options
    So is a Calzo a palm sized calzone? Cause if so, gimme.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Match.com is probably the best dating website I've used so far

But

It does annoy me that it includes pretty stupid things as "common interests"

Like, being the same ethnicity for one. What's that all about? That's not a common interest.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Match.com is probably the best dating website I've used so far

But

It does annoy me that it includes pretty stupid things as "common interests"

Like, being the same ethnicity for one. What's that all about? That's not a common interest.

I mean, it is for racists.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I suppose

I'm back on the old website as the last romantic entanglement is game over now

Listening to Fleetwood Mac. They're always good for when things end, reminds you that it could be worse, tomorrow morning you could have to go and record a world-class album/take a boatload of cocaine with the person you just broke up with

• Options
    You could make a decent ethnic familiarity argument for it but it's probably for the racists.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I suppose

I'm back on the old website as the last romantic entanglement is game over now

Listening to Fleetwood Mac. They're always good for when things end, reminds you that it could be worse, tomorrow morning you could have to go and record a world-class album/take a boatload of cocaine with the person you just broke up with

TUSK!

• Options
    The only thing I've found myself logging into OKC lately has been to play the "who messaged me" minigame.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Online dating is garbage.

But then again, so am I!

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

But then again, so am I!

https://youtu.be/RXFOwDsUxLQ

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    No!

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    OH NO I'M DYING

beautiful opera girl is talking to me about kissing chris hemsworth and dating real people I can't take thiiiiiis

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

But then again, so am I!

https://youtu.be/RXFOwDsUxLQ

This speaks to me.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I don't know how I feel about this lady. We've been seeing each other for a few months now and I dunno if I'm feeling any kinda connection. Like, I'm in to her, and she's really in to me, but I'm just having doubts and shit.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Second date with this girl is happening... tonight

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Second date with this girl is happening... tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Y9GsPtbmQ

• Options
    Rainfall wrote: »
    OH NO I'M DYING

beautiful opera girl is talking to me about kissing chris hemsworth and dating real people I can't take thiiiiiis

Not that I'm wanting to wee on your bonfire, so to speak

But you're clearly into this girl, and from what you've said you're not thinking she's into you?

Just don't want you to hurt yourself by not being able to move past that stage of things because you see each other often, is all

• Options
    Like, I like this lady, I enjoy hanging out with her, seeing movies, dinner, etc.

I just feel very...distant? isolated? lately and focused on all kinds of other things

• Options
    OH NO I'M DYING

But you're clearly into this girl, and from what you've said you're not thinking she's into you?

Just don't want you to hurt yourself by not being able to move past that stage of things because you see each other often, is all

I know, I know, I know. I'm not acting in a particularly healthy or reasonable way, but at the same time it's really nice to have a crush because I haven't had a proper crush like this since, I dunno, I first started dating my ex-fiance? And I'm in a pretty poor position to actually date, so it's just... nice to dream?

But I guess we're doing brunch tomorrow so shit I gotta stop doing this to myself.

• Options
    OH NO I'M DYING

I know, I know, I know. I'm not acting in a particularly healthy or reasonable way, but at the same time it's really nice to have a crush because I haven't had a proper crush like this since, I dunno, I first started dating my ex-fiance? And I'm in a pretty poor position to actually date, so it's just... nice to dream?

But I guess we're doing brunch tomorrow so shit I gotta stop doing this to myself.

I know how you feel, like you go on dates with people and it's nice, but having a proper crush crush and going on dates with them? That's different, and more exciting, and you feel like you've clicked with someone and you want to make it work out

I just don't want you to hurt yourself I suppose.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Maybe just have a frank and brave and potentially terrifying conversation with your crush, @Rainfall

• Options
    Maybe just have a frank and brave and potentially terrifying conversation with your crush, Rainfall

Ugh I really should, shouldn't I.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I do think you should, yes.

But I know it’s also terrifying, so good luck!!!

• Options
    Well I almost told her today over Facebook so honestly if there's any opportunity I'll probably blurt it out tomorrow.

• Options
    Well, having just broken up with someone and feeling pretty shit about it (carefully sent a message talking about it, asking her if she wanted to meet and talk about it in person, no response all day, definitely an "ouch" moment), I would advise caution

But then I'm in that sort of mood, and not my usual safe

Fear makes your sharp, mind. And sharp is good. Trust your instincts!

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Like, I like this lady, I enjoy hanging out with her, seeing movies, dinner, etc.

I just feel very...distant? isolated? lately and focused on all kinds of other things

Know exactly what you mean

And if you're anything like me, then you don't want to break things off because it feels shitty

But at the same time, from past experience, it hurts more the longer you leave it

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    there's nothing wrong with just enjoying being with someone. a relationship doesn't have to be the main focus or fulfilment in life, or lengthy, to be meaningful.

infatuation doesn't last particularly long, but having a place for that other person in your life can be satisfying beyond that initial rush.

it's up to you whether that means romantic or platonic.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    oops, heh. that was actually directed at @Oghulk, but it equally applied to Rainfall, i guess.

like, i am still lonely -- i miss having family and friends near at hand, and i have various issues as stumbling blocks to making new friendships. i feel isolated.

but that is separate from my feelings about my partner. i don't expect that he is going to fulfill all my needs, though that relationship is important to me and does tick a lot of my boxes for 'fulfilling (romantic/sexual) relationship.' he helps me forget that i am lonely, but i need more people to interact with to feel whole. i'm an extrovert!

all that is to say, our relationship doesn't resolve my problems. we support each other, and we're quite compatible in our strengths compensating for each other, but our individual problems don't disappear just 'cause we have a helpmeet. nor do our separate interests and priorities!

just a reminder. "Like, I'm in to her, and she's really in to me, but I'm just having doubts and shit." this is normal!

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I decided to start talking to her about her welding artwork and I think the bigger thing was maybe that we weren't talking about more in-depth stuff as much as I'd like, and a big part of that is me not wanting to come off too...elitist? It's hard to explain, but like she considers me an 'intellectual' and I don't know how to wrap my mind around that.

This discussion has been closed.