Options

[Hunt: Showdown] 1.0 pushed to PC early, LIVE NOW! Consoles on the 27th!

1235»

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Hardly seeing anyone for even 2 or 3 games is a little unusual. The game is about as populated as it has ever been (not counting the Scrapbeak event). However comma right now the player base is slightly fractured due to people playing the new map on test.
    This still having a decent player count or did we just get extremely lucky last night?

We played on live last night and had some serious fights and full games. I would say you probably just got 'lucky', though I'm in it for the PVP so I would personally call that unlucky.

If anyone is looking for people to play with, hit me up. I'm on a small-ish discord with a handfull of other people, and they're open about inviting new players.

Cog on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    When I get back next week, I may take you up.

• Options
    I play nearly nightly, though my parents are visiting for the next few days. Next week lines up pretty good.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I haven't played in awhile, so I may be out of practice.

Also, not super great to start off with.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I haven't played in awhile, so I may be out of practice.

Also, not super great to start off with.

You'll fit right in.

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    I still play this game pretty regularly, but not as often as I used to

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I'll be back to nightly hoonts starting probably Wednesday. Usually play for 2-3 hours starting around 9-10 central time. I have a guaranteed duo partner but we sometimes need a third. If anyone is down for trios, we have a slightly boosted discord that is open to invites and doesn't care how shitty you are. Get at me.

Cog on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I am one of those who plays with Cog nightly, etc. Love , love this game and really can't wait for the map to hit live servers, its so good and really puts the other maps to shame.
    As an edit 1.6 goes live tomorrow.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Draeven wrote: »
    As an edit 1.6 goes live tomorrow.

This deserves more than a paltry edit.

New map is on live servers tomorrow.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    So uh… hackers seem bad in this? Bought it and in 2 out of 3 of my first real games i was headshot from 800+ meters away immediately upon loading in…?

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    I've maybe encountered 3-4 hackers over more than a year of play, but there is a new player queue and assuming there is an influx of hackers on new accounts you're probably more likely to get matched with them

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    So uh… hackers seem bad in this? Bought it and in 2 out of 3 of my first real games i was headshot from 800+ meters away immediately upon loading in…?

hmmm, this doesn't seem right . been playing for a good 4 months solid and haven't run into any hackers. this sucks though as the new player experience can already be an uphill battle.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    I've had problems with people trying to exploit ping differences, but nothing like that.

What'd they shoot you with?

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I've had problems with people trying to exploit ping differences, but nothing like that.

What'd they shoot you with?

Nagant m1895 both times..

I went over to their subreddit and it sounds like there’s typically a big influx of cheaters at low elos every time there’s a sale and then it dies down in a week or two so that’s hopeful at least

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I have like 400 hours in the game over 2 years and can say I have seen one absolutely certain speed hack in all that time and that’s it.

Most bitching on the subreddit or steam forum are people who simply don’t want to admit they misplayed, or can’t believe a great/lucky shot was legit. Or they’re salty about getting wallbanged.

The instant-across-the-map-headshot hack is a known thing and I’ve seen video of it. But yeah, you’ll stop seeing it shortly after you hit rank 12 and you’re out of the kiddie pool.

Cog on
  • Options
    I’ve played a few more games now and haven’t hit anything else blatant like that so I’m assuming just bad luck + my low level + sale

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    There has definitely been at least one aimbot working in recent patches and I've personally experienced a slight increase in "suspicious" feeling kills.

Usually it's pretty cheater-free but sometimes things slip through.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I've only met two obvious cheats in about 300h played. The sort who instant kill everyone on the map at the start of the game, I've only ever seen sniping streamers.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    It's very refreshing to play the new map with matchmaking. It was getting pretty rough at the tail end of the test server, was mainly 5 and 6 * players still hanging around.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    So, starting tomorrow, the old maps will come back into rotation at an 80/10/10 ratio of Desalle/Lawson/Stillwater. On Tuesday they will be on equal 33/33/33 ratio.

My most regular pair of partners for trios probably won't be available tonight, so I'll be looking for some people to play with, if anyone is planning on being around.

Cog on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how I feel about the visible MMR system they've introduced here. The overwhelming majority of players are just either 3, 4 or 5 stars and the band for 4 stars is so narrow that it's apparently possible for a player to jump from 3 stars to 5 stars after one good match.

It kind of leads to a player being labelled as any given number of stars not actually feeling like it means that much. Maybe that was the point?

• Options
    Personally I just hide my rank and ignore anything having to do with that. I hid my stats because I don't care and I hide my stars because I don't care and don't want them staring me in the face. I find I enjoy the game a lot more when I don't think about it.