Options

TAKE ME DOWN TO THE [PODCAST] CITY WHERE THE GRASS IS GREEN AND THE GIRLS ARE PRETTY

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I dislike Avril Lavigne because she reminds me of the most intensely awkward period of my youth.

But I love Avril Lavigne because my 13-year-old crush on her was one of the purest of my teenage life.

Sorry Roxanne from social studies, but you were merely a wistful passing shadow compared to my pop punk priestess.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    c u l8r boi

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    kmz wrote: »
    What was that Polygon audio branding thing somebody was talking about in the last thread? I haven't been able to find it.

Waypoint was doing a Yakuza series called Unlimited Crime Boys and someone got it mixed up with the McElroy's common use of "boys" in certain contexts, that's all

And then polygon announced a monster hunter series called big boy season so who knooooows

"big boy season" is a meme that has nothing to do with the McElroys

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Griffin mcelroy invented dabbing

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Can we prove that he did not

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »

Can we prove that he did not

Proof would need to be provided that he invented it before January 12, 1992.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think Abby Russell may not be very good at actually PLAYING The Sims, or The Sims just hates her specifically

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    no no, he perfected it

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I think Abby Russell may not be very good at actually PLAYING The Sims, or The Sims just hates her specifically

Well she's got 12 people in a single house and she's typically ignoring all but one at a time, so yeah she's not doing a very good job of playing the game. Also she's specifically trying to get them to kill themselves, which is probably not completely aligned with how the game expects you to be playing.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    but also I don't get how the game can be so obstinate about not electrocuting Patrick

you'd think just having him stand in water while poorly handling cheap electronics while tired would do it

sig.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Patrick is a highlander.

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    but also I don't get how the game can be so obstinate about not electrocuting Patrick

you'd think just having him stand in water while poorly handling cheap electronics while tired would do it

Lord knows I've been electrocuted for less

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Those of y’all that don’t like when TAZ gets serious can probably safely skip this new arc, which Travis opens with describing as “grittier” and will penalize the players in-fiction for joking and making fun of characters

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Those of y’all that don’t like when TAZ gets serious can probably safely skip this new arc, which Travis opens with describing as “grittier” and will penalize the players in-fiction for joking and making fun of characters

Wtf trav

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Technically electrocution only refers to when the electricity kills you

So I hope not!

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular

whyyyyyy though.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Wtf trav

Boy those "travis cant take criticism" memes were spot on

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

I guess he has captured one of my favorite parts of the Old West, the tragic trainwreck

• Options

I firmly believe Travis would actually follow through on these player threats far more than Griffin ever did

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Travis

TRAVIS

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm sure their established audience will find that super entertaining.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Also everyone has rabbits

E v e r y o n e

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Assuming the jokes and making fun of are in character why shouldn’t it have repercussions?

Am I missing something?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Travis has become a parody of himself

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Assuming the jokes and making fun of are in character why shouldn’t it have repercussions?

Am I missing something?
    Because TAZ has been a comedy actual play podcasts with many of the most memorable moments coming from the boys halfway breaking character and making fun of the situation they re in

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Am I missing something?

It's a comedy podcast

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

So I hope not!

???
    Definition of electrocute
    electrocuted; electrocuting
    transitive verb
    1 : to kill or severely injure by electric shock
    Because of flawed electrical work by contractors, the bulletin stated, soldiers at U.S. bases in Iraq had received severe electrical shocks, and some had even been electrocuted. —James Risen
    But if a power outage occurs, the PV [photovoltaic] system has to shut down or it could electrocute utility workers who think they're working on dead lines.—Popular Science
    He was working on Pier 38 on the West Side of Manhattan when he was accidently electrocuted by a high-voltage wire. He suffered second- and third-degree burns and had to undergo painful skin grafts. —Robert I. Friedman

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

So I hope not!

???
    transitive verb
    Because of flawed electrical work by contractors, the bulletin stated, soldiers at U.S. bases in Iraq had received severe electrical shocks, and some had even been electrocuted. —James Risen
    But if a power outage occurs, the PV [photovoltaic] system has to shut down or it could electrocute utility workers who think they're working on dead lines.—Popular Science
    He was working on Pier 38 on the West Side of Manhattan when he was accidently electrocuted by a high-voltage wire. He suffered second- and third-degree burns and had to undergo painful skin grafts. —Robert I. Friedman

Huh, that's not how I was taught it in school. I guess I was wrong.

• Options

So I hope not!

???
    transitive verb

Huh, that's not how I was taught it in school. I guess I was wrong.

If it helps I immediately went to go see if I'd been using it wrong for 20 years

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah as a person who liked the Adventure Zone for the goofy comedy and got completely turned off when it got real serious

that is the opposite of what I want

• Options
    Okay about ten minutes in Travis basically says "hey we're not gonna be doing any actual Wild West cultural stuff because that'd be gross"

PHEW

Okay now I can actually pay attention to the rest of this

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Am I missing something?
    Because TAZ has been a comedy actual play podcasts with many of the most memorable moments coming from the boys halfway breaking character and making fun of the situation they re in

Hm, well yeah that’s a pretty huge tone mismatch and something that all parties involved should come to a consensus to away from the table.

That’s like DMing 101

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    For the record I've never been severely injured either. Just mild shocks. I have never actually been electrocuted by any regular definition of the word, but I've zapped myself a whole bunch (not intentionally)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    Travis repeats himself, first as travgedy, second as farce.

• Options
    My dad tricked me into sitting on an electric fence one time

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Travis repeats himself, first as travgedy, second as farce.

Reluctantly awesomes

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    My dad tricked me into sitting on an electric fence one time

My dad tried to convince me to pee on one, but I was hip to his scheme

This discussion has been closed.