Tabletop GMing podcasts

ReznikReznik Registered User regular
Can you guys recommend me some tabletop podcasts? I'm specifically looking for GMing tips/tricks/advice. System independent would be ideal, but otherwise D&D, Cyberpunk, and Shadowrun are relevant to my interests.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
Forget it...

• MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    For a start, check out the main DnD podcast/feed from WOTC. They typically have interviews, Q&A, and tips/tricks that could help. The Adventure Zone is a great DnD/RPG based podcast, but it's just play sessions and not general tips/tricks (though you can certainly take ideas from how play sessions progress).

It's been a while since I dove deep into that segment, so I'd have to do some digging on what I used to listen to.

EncChall
  • McKidMcKid Registered User regular
    Are you looking specifically for podcasts ? There are a lot of videos on GM advice. To me, the golden standard of those is Adam Koebel's Office Hours youtube serie. Unfortunately, I can't think of an equivalent podcast. For something a little more DnD-centric, check out Matt Colville's youtube channel.

Elvenshae
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check out the videos for sure but I'm more looking for podcasts so I can listen to them at work and not stream a bunch of stuff on the company network.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • RingoRingo HE KEEPS REPEATING THE LINE I'M GONNA CRY BLEASE LET HIM LIVE YOU MADE ME WATCH SO MUCH KISSING IN THIS FILM LET INIGO LIVERegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    RainfallErin The Red
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hello! I've got a series called Improbable Interviews where we interviewed
    -John Harper
    -Jerry Holkins
    -Austin Walker
    -Adam Koebel

And we are working in finalizing Kate Welch and a few others. I can share links if you want?
    Also if you wanna hear some stuff being played we also do that. Podcast link is in my sig.

But PM me if you need anything at all!

Also thanks, @Ringo

RingoEncElvenshaedavidsdurionsspool32MrTLicious
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    throwing in Fear the Boot, they do round table discussions on various topics surrounding the meta of the table

Erin The Red
  • Kayne Red RobeKayne Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    http://www.audioentropy.com/masters-studio/

Inside the Masters Studio is a gm interview podcast which I think is pretty good.

RingoErin The RedLorahalo
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    RPG Academy is a GM advice podcast (with a lot of branches into other things) They just did a great "Master class" series where they went over One Shot Podcasts's L5R series - the GM of that game and one of the players played the episodes, pausing frequently for commentary.

Speaking of One Shot, it can be a good tutorial by exposure to a wide variety of systems and improv techniques and some of the other podcasts on the network might be worth checking out.

The Glass Cannon podcast (Pathfinder) has a "behind the scenes" series (Cannon Fodder) where they have a lot of GM advice as well - discussing what happened in the previous episode and answering listener questions.

RingoElvenshaeArcanisTheImpotent
  • NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    You might also want to check out Dungeon Master's Block.

https://dungeonmasterblock.podbean.com/

steam_sig.png
    3DSFC: 4828-7889-8155