Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Once more [Into The Breach], dear friends, once more;

191011121315»

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Got this game over Christmas, myself. Forgot there was a thread for it.
    To weigh in on the lighting whip discussion from a few pages ago, sure, you can look at it as "you might chain your whip through buildings into your own mechs", but I like to look at it as "you can chain your whip through your mechs into more groups of buildings." That's not a joke, there were a few genuinely useful times where there'd be like, one or two vek attacking one group of buildings, and one or two attacking another group, and I could deal more damage by not attacking with one of my other mechs and instead using their turn to move them into a position to allow the chain. Or even better, they just started the turn there and I can get the extra chain and then still attack with that mech.

Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
    The Escape GoatWACriminalkime
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    To weigh in on the lighting whip discussion from a few pages ago, sure, you can look at it as "you might chain your whip through buildings into your own mechs", but I like to look at it as "you can chain your whip through your mechs into more groups of buildings." That's not a joke, there were a few genuinely useful times where there'd be like, one or two vek attacking one group of buildings, and one or two attacking another group, and I could deal more damage by not attacking with one of my other mechs and instead using their turn to move them into a position to allow the chain. Or even better, they just started the turn there and I can get the extra chain and then still attack with that mech.

Yeah, one of the key concepts you have to learn to get good at this game is that anything less than lethal damage means nothing once the mission is over.

cB557kimeAlistair HuttonMusicool
  • McFodderMcFodder 'SploringRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm finding I go through a bunch of different priorities. First, can I make this Vek hit another Vek? If not, can I make it hit nothing? Failing that, a mech, then a building, then an objective.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / NNID: Fodder185
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I think my priorities go something like stopping Vek from killing mechs> stopping Vek from destroying objectives> stopping Vek from damaging the grid> killing Vek> an ambiguous soup of avoiding mech damage, damaging but not killing Vek, and blocking emergences.

Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
    Orca
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    WACriminal wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »

Yeah, one of the key concepts you have to learn to get good at this game is that anything less than lethal damage means nothing once the mission is over.

At the same time, this is why I think of Blitzkrieg as a very tough mech team: they lack lethal stopping power until you upgrade the lightning mech to 3 damage. And when you do, suddenly, your partner mechs are one or two shots from death.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png