Options

Once more [Into The Breach], dear friends, once more;

1161718192022»

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    If there was one thing I could ask the devs to add to the game, it would be to see if the install costs for weapons/upgrades. Like, I didn't know if I wanted to purchase a Shield Tank or some other upgrade (both 2 reputation), so I went with the Tank only to find it costs 2 Cores just to get online. Pricey investment that I might have avoided had I known. I'll just check a wiki going forward before buying upgrades.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    If there was one thing I could ask the devs to add to the game, it would be to see if the install costs for weapons/upgrades. Like, I didn't know if I wanted to purchase a Shield Tank or some other upgrade (both 2 reputation), so I went with the Tank only to find it costs 2 Cores just to get online. Pricey investment that I might have avoided had I known. I'll just check a wiki going forward before buying upgrades.

You should be able to see it by just selecting the item. Otherwise it's a UI issue in that version of the game - I know PC/Switch you can see it, and mobile (android) if you click on the item you should be able to see the pips for reactors on the bottom edge of the portrait.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I am 99% sure you can see the install price in the ‘shop’ if you hover over it, or if it has an install cost it’ll be shown by pips under the main picture on phone.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Oh shit, I'll go check that out then ASAP.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't sweat it too much, it is a bit hard to see if you're talking mobile.

The UI differs between all the versions so it can be hard to see different stuff on each version. I hate how on mobile, you can't see who got XP from a kill (I think, unless it pops up next to the person who got the XP on the map maybe). Other versions you have the pilot portraits up all the time and the XP shows up next to the portrait.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Some of the new weapons you can find are absurd. I found one that hits a cross of 5 spaces for 2 damage each, if anything dies it explodes for 2 more damage, boost adds one to all of those spaces. Unfortunately I never got to fire it as it would always crash the grid and kill several of my guys.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Some of the new weapons you can find are absurd. I found one that hits a cross of 5 spaces for 2 damage each, if anything dies it explodes for 2 more damage, boost adds one to all of those spaces. Unfortunately I never got to fire it as it would always crash the grid and kill several of my guys.

That's what the reset turn button is for!

I had one of the new boss Vek spawn multiple explodey rocks and I had the mech that pushes all squares around it, so I very much definitely pushed all those rocks and killed multiple vek, 2 of my own mechs and lost like 4 grid points with that single move, but I just had to see it happen.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    My last run I picked up a science gun that makes a target attack an adjacent enemy. I made an Archive tank slaughter a spider for 4 damage. Those things don't do anything other than a ranged push!

I might have lost on the last island with Heat Sinkers, but I managed the achievement that let me buy the last team, the Bombermechs!

I can already tell that I'll be glad for leaving them for last, because they seem fiddly as hell.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    First time messing around with the custom squad and holy crap is the all smoke squad hilarious. Jet Mech, Rocket Mech, and Smog Mech. Like, look at this board:

rr62auojrz7f.png

The Vek burrow in and have almost nowhere to go. The best part is that you don’t need any special pilots or upgrades to make it work. Simply buy Cores and power up your weapons and tech. This run I actually got the 5 smoke air strike for extra lols.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page