As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the OVERWATCH thread just instalocked symmetra on offense

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Hammond might shit on Widows, but I imagine that would only really affect masters and above.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    You don't need to be masters to do well with Widow or Hanzo any more. Since the latest D.Va nerf, Hanzo's mega buff, and Brig got added, the only counters Hanzo and Widow have are eachother, and all they have to do to win is be a bit better than the other snipers. Then they can just stand there knocking 200-300HP a shot off the tanks, and if anyone tries to dive them, they can easily escape. I can't believe how quickly playing comp has gone from one of my favourite things to do, to utter dogshit.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Heh, Hammond is especially fun in No Limits, we were a team of 6 Hammonds on defense on Rialto

That opening area the payload starts on is just wide enough that you can do the endless Hammond swing circle around the payload

We had all 6 of us doing it, by time enemy could manage to kill 2 of us, the first would be returning and setting back up.

Just endless hamster balls swinging around a payload knocking anyone back who tries to get near

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    You don't need to be masters to do well with Widow or Hanzo any more. Since the latest D.Va nerf, Hanzo's mega buff, and Brig got added, the only counters Hanzo and Widow have are eachother, and all they have to do to win is be a bit better than the other snipers. Then they can just stand there knocking 200-300HP a shot off the tanks, and if anyone tries to dive them, they can easily escape. I can't believe how quickly playing comp has gone from one of my favourite things to do, to utter dogshit.

The recent ptr changes are a major nerf to widow. Dropping the damage falloff on the hitscans, and removing it from Mei entirely is a pretty big nerf to Widow.

A damage boosted Mei can now one-shot Widow across a map, more accurately than Hanzo can.

• Options
    I don't think Widow is the problem (though for the sake of OWL I think she needs a nerf to her grapple CD and she could maybe lose the bonus damage to her 100% shots), it's just she takes advantage of the other meta changes. Brig means that Tracer, Genji, Winston, and D.Va, are all less effective and therefore played less, meaning it's open season for Widow right now. Hanzo further punishes tanks, meaning it's even harder to play the dive tanks to stop the snipers.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Well that was the most fun I’ve had losing a comp match. Solo queued, but had 5/6 people in voice chat, with both tanks and the other healer all actually talking. Calling targets, warning of flanks, etc. Ran a pretty solid defense on Eichenwalde, but unfortunately were full held on attack. Still super positive and fun. One of the tanks sounded about 12 but was super excited to have healers they could trust.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Semi-finals start tonight in (a little under) 4 hours, in case anyone forgot. New York vs Philly. Then LA Valiant vs London.

Also, next week for the Grand Finals, you'll be able to earn 4 sprays by watching the games, and token drops (but not the 100 token drops) will be doubled.

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Oh nice. Lucio/Ana/Moira buffs and Brigitte/Mercy nerfs.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/upcoming-balance-changes-for-support-heroes/163703

For anyone that can't read the blizz forums for whatever reason:
    In the next patch we’re reviewing the current state of support heroes and are making some changes to nearly all of them to keep them competitive with each other. I’ll start by just listing the changes below:

Ana
    Nano Boost additionally heals the target instantly for 300 HP.

Brigitte
    Shield Bash cooldown increased from 6 to 7 seconds.

Lúcio
    Sound Barrier effect increased 50% from 500 to 750 shields.
    Crossfade aura radius increased 20% from 10m to 12m.

Mercy
    Primary fire healing beam reduced 17% from 60 HP/s to 50 HP/s.

Moira
    Healing resource base regen rate increased 20%.
    Ana

Ana has a very strong and unique toolbox, with the potential to dish out more healing than any other hero in the game. That said, she has a couple disadvantages that can be difficult to overcome, such the potential to miss your targets, not having any mobility options, and having a more difficult time keeping herself healed up. Her ultimate can be very powerful but often feels like it can be difficult to use effectively unless it is used in combination with other allied ultimates such as Genji’s Dragonblade. This new change allows Ana to use her ultimate as a clutch save on a dying teammate, or even use it in combination with her Biotic Grenade for a huge instant heal on even the biggest of tank health pools.

Brigitte

Shield Bash is Brigitte’s strongest ability, and its short cooldown makes it very difficult to play around. We’d like to keep her Shield Bash and subsequent melee combos powerful and effective, while just allowing a little more counter-play against it. We’ve talked about possibly reducing her defense somewhere, such as reducing her barrier health. However, her tank-hybrid nature is a core part of her kit and we want to make sure she maintains that feeling of being a difficult target to take down. Overall Brigitte’s win rate is still the highest of any support, despite dishing out the lowest amount of raw healing per second. This speaks volumes to how powerful her kit can be outside of her direct healing numbers.

Lúcio

Lucio’s Crossfade aura can be an invaluable addition for any team, but it can sometimes be difficult to keep your whole team boosted. We’re increasing the radius of Lucio’s Crossfade aura to allow more flexibility in how he moves while still maintaining his powerful support songs to help out his team. His ultimate is also being increased to help counter large spikes of damage. For example, Junkrat’s ultimate can deal a maximum of 600 damage, which Sound Barrier can now potentially negate completely. It is worth noting that even though the initial shield he provides is larger, it still takes the same amount of time to destroy itself.

Mercy

Mercy is intended to be able to consistently pump out more healing than any other healer over the course of a match. While this is currently true, the difference in healing is so significant that it makes it very difficult for other healers to compete with her for a spot on a team. Reducing her healing output will close this gap a little, but she will still maintain her status as the go-to pick for raw healing power. We’ll keep an eye on her to make sure she is still a strong pick.

Moira

Moira is a strong hero that doesn’t need a ton of changes. The resource change her is mostly to help her out in the situations where you’re just not able to get close enough the enemy to drain them for resources. Now if you’re team is sparring with the enemy team at super long ranges, you’ll have a bit more resources to work with to keep your team topped off.

Zenyatta

We aren’t making any changes to Zen right now, as we feel he is in a pretty good spot. He is doing his job well as a hybrid damage/healer and being able to provide discord orb for your team will always be welcome.

These changes are coming to the PTR very soon. We’re always looking at our stats, gathering feedback 3 and playing the game to make sure we keep all the heroes viable. We will have time to watch and iterate on these changes throughout this PTR cycle, so please play and give feedback!

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    oh man i think i like

all those changes very much

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    also dangit i'm gonna be at the grand finals, does someone here wanna have my twitch login and run the stream for me?

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Fucking hell they're never going to remove E-Rez, are they?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    rez is never going to go away

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Yessss, buff my beautiful frog son

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The radius increase means height too I hope, can barely go on a wall a foot or two above team atm without them losing the healing.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    You know I love Overwatch but I can only play it in bursts now.

I don't know what it is but this is the saltiest a FPS has ever made me in prolonged play.

Also those changes are really nice.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Fucking hell they're never going to remove E-Rez, are they?

I'm kind of torn on this cause the sniper meta is already bad rn and as much as folks complain Mercy is the only thing keeping that in check.

Also someone made a good point that while she is a must pick Mercy is becoming less and less of an impactful hero. Like I know folks used to joke about rez PotGs but getting them with her now is next to impossible without battle Mercying which is rarely a good idea.

Really I don't even know if Mercy is the problem and I think snipers are because she both counters and synergizes with them. And folks will never complain about snipers cause they require "skill"(I actually kind of think the skill thing is overblown myself and that snipers are some of the hardest to kill DPS rn).

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I'm assuming we're going to have another "best Hanzo wins" week?

• Options
    If so, Libero was known for his Hanzo before OWL, so...

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Einzel wrote: »

Well...depends on how Hammond and the hitscan buffs work out.

Hammond is interesting cause he's a dive tank that can't easily be headshot, which are D.Va's and Winston's biggest problems. And McCree being better at longer range might help diversify the midfight.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Well...depends on how Hammond and the hitscan buffs work out.

Hammond is interesting cause he's a dive tank that can't easily be headshot, which are D.Va's and Winston's biggest problems. And McCree being better at longer range might help diversify the midfight.

They were talking about OWL, Hammond isn’t even in the main game until next week

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am steadfast in my belief that Snipers just aren't good for the type of game Overwatch is.

TF2 worked because of the way maps were designed, and the way characters interacted with each other.

• Options
    Overpowered snipers makes the game less interesting to play and watch. I was fine when it was just widow being strong because her one shots always look better compared to Mr. Accidental snipe. But even before when NYE would play double sniper it was just so boring because it only magnifies the way pro play is 90% first team to get a pick wins the fight/lose one player - instant disengage.

• Options
    if matches were decided by walkout swagger NYXL would have this one in the bag

• Options
    I think Pine was in early to get him warm faster.

• Options
    I think Pine was in early to get him warm faster.
    I am laughing my ass off with Genjipine murdering Philly.

• Options
    That was a fantastic first map.

• Options
    I was laughing through most of it. It was the most entertaining NYE play I've ever seen.
    I think they didn't follow their usual game plan by staying up there in a 5 minute brawl and that cost them the round.

• Options
    Not sure if true but apparently Hanzo and Widow also have more nerfs on the PTR.

Folks are saying Widow's grapple is now 10 secs and Hanzo's evade is an extra 1 second.

If true I agree with this and that change was exactly what I would have suggested for Widow.

• Options
    Worth it to see
    Pinefist
    though

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Not sure if true but apparently Hanzo and Widow also have more nerfs on the PTR.

Folks are saying Widow's grapple is now 10 secs and Hanzo's evade is an extra 1 second.

If true I agree with this and that change was exactly what I would have suggested for Widow.
    It was very Blizzard for Grapple to go from 12 to 8 without trying 10 first.

• Options
    8 was fine until Brigitte killed dive.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    The actual fix is to disable grapple if you've taken damage in the last three seconds.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Patch notes are here https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-july-18-2018/163715

The actual fix is to disable grapple if you've taken damage in the last three seconds.
    Yes, that would be the fix to make if you wanted to make sure Widow never gets played ever again.

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Which means widow is instantly pinned as soon as she's spotted?
    Why no pine mccree on this map?

Einzel on
  • Options
    this series has been insane so far

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    this series has been insane so far

These are the messiest fights I think I've seen.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Changed the name of Junkrat’s Buccaneer skin to Bilgerat

this is a good ptr patch

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Changed the name of Junkrat’s Buccaneer skin to Bilgerat

this is a good ptr patch

Focusing on the things that matter

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    NYXL is playing like trash. Substitute out SBB and then have Pine or Libero play Tracer 90% of the time, that makes sense.

Coinage on
This discussion has been closed.