As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the OVERWATCH thread just instalocked symmetra on offense

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    FLA vs LAG is off to a good start. It's sure looking like FLA suddenly belongs in the top half of the standings.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    ok why do I have amazing games with Reaper in 4v4 deathmatch and not so Potgs?
    relajvxjzfa5.jpg
    https://youtu.be/Qx0dX1owoNw

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    I am loving this first point Hollywood attack from LAG.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    LAG runs the best team comps.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    A good Doom is so much fun to watch, and Hydration's Doom is fucking sick

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Jesus. Fissure is a monster on Winston.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    I appreciate this Shock fan "WOOOOO!"ing his lungs out whenever they're doing well.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Jesus. Fissure is a monster on Winston.

yeah we didn't know before because London has Gesture, so there was never any reason to play him

grabbing him was an extremely smart move

• Options

the glads have definitely become the team I'm most excited to watch other than London

• Options
    LDN vs SF
    I don't know how London does that so often. They'll continue a fight where they're down 2-3 players and somehow manage to claw their way back.

• Options
    LDN vs SF
    I don't know how London does that so often. They'll continue a fight where they're down 2-3 players and somehow manage to claw their way back.
    yeah that's kind of their whole thing

they'll win fights they shouldn't and nobody understands it

they make up for it by constantly putting themselves in losing positions for basically no reason

also sometimes they show up looking like they've never played overwatch before

• Options
    like that fight! they lose both their dps immediately to a pulse bomb and still win anyway what the damn hell go London

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    LDN vs SF
    yeah that's kind of their whole thing

they'll win fights they shouldn't and nobody understands it

they make up for it by constantly putting themselves in losing positions for basically no reason

also sometimes they show up looking like they've never played overwatch before

speaking of the latter category... London on this Hollywood attack is just... what the heck are you guys doing

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

Doomfist is one of those that I get in MH and just go, welp.

I have no idea how to make that shit work.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    jP1PqF6.png

An interesting Lucio stat there....

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    inb4 LET LUCIO PULSE BOMB crowd sign....

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Twitch chat is mostly dumb, but you’ll occasionally see some gold there.
    SomeRandomPersonOnTwitch: “the wick is burning” DRINK

Semmler says that all the goddamn time. That and “not long for this world”.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Genji Genji Genji Pleeeeeeeaaaasssseeee

• Options

Also everything is "sick".

And whenever Semmler says "[hero/player] does [blank]... but it's not enough!", it's become increasingly clear that he really means "I have no idea what just happened and why that didn't work."

• Options
    I'm so happy to see an attack Bastion used to try to counter this Orisa turtle strat

I was hoping Houston would use Bastion yesterday

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

And whenever Semmler says "[hero/player] does [blank]... but it's not enough!", it's become increasingly clear that he really means "I have no idea what just happened and why that didn't work."

i've grown weary of '[player] wishes they could have that ult back' whenever they whiff or mistime one

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I also love love love teams that run the Anti-Sombra comp

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Overwatch has to be tough to commentate live, since there's so much going on at any given moment. Compare it to sports like football or basketball or soccer: there are a bunch of people involved, but there's a focal point there: the most important thing is the ball, and who has it and what they're doing with it, and you can go back and pick up on the other stuff away from the ball when there's a break in the action. With Overwatch, you have teams of six, and there are objectives, but they aren't always the center of the action, and generally, there are multiple players who are doing important things that demand attention.

That's mostly to say that there's a reason announcers and broadcasters fall back on cliches and catchphrases, especially when they're in the middle of the action. I'm more interested in if they're able to go back in those brief moments of downtime mid-match and are able to identify why something happened, and point out shifts in strategy and status and the like.

And the biggest annoyance I've had with the casters so far is that they're just doing awful bits before the match started. There was a thing yesterday where they were like "lol.......who is..............drake" and it was...not great, and it kept going? And I really wish it hadn't?

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

"And there it is!" when he expects something big to happen, whether it actually happens or not. Usually a whiffed Pulse Bomb.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

"And there it is!" when he expects something big to happen, whether it actually happens or not. Usually a whiffed Pulse Bomb.

I mean, the Pulse Bomb is technically there.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Soon

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I also love love love teams that run the Anti-Sombra comp

I might normally support Uprising, but I ALWAYS support Team Roadhog. (Until they switch)

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Haha dang, so I left the games on today in the background just for the tokens, and I just got home and logged in to find that I'd hit the 100-token jackpot...twice. In one day. Rock.

• Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    i can deal with whatever goofy nonsense the casters want to say as long as it's not the australian guy who can only speak in high school poetry metaphors

• Options
    What?! Uber's the best! He'd cast every game if I had my way.

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    Snork wrote: »
    i can deal with whatever goofy nonsense the casters want to say as long as it's not the australian guy who can only speak in high school poetry metaphors
    Boooo! Uber's the best by a long shot. He's got that classic Aussie commentator vibe down.

Fantastic
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Snork wrote: »

Most unpopular opinion ever. Uber is both entertaining and informative. I would pay money to hear him cast every game.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    profit is playing Zarya. what IS this game

e: (also Uber is the least objectionable of the casters)

Shorty on
  • Options
    Good lord. Seoul/London map 3
    London are so, so good at pulling situations back from the brink that any other team would lose. Holy hell what was that distance left 0.02 or something like that?

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Good lord. Seoul/London map 3
    London are so, so good at pulling situations back from the brink that any other team would lose. Holy hell what was that distance left 0.02 or something like that?

yep. London looks so amazing right now, almost invincible

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    damn, Fleta..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    London/Seoul:
    London: Get out mah pub!
    https://youtu.be/PPme5cIZ70o?t=2m15s
    @ 2:15 if the timestamp isn't working for whatever reason

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    London has been leveraging their clutch execution into dirty wins all season, and it makes for some exciting games

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    London has been leveraging their clutch execution into dirty wins all season, and it makes for some exciting games

Yeah... Those clutch holds were insane.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i've never received owl tokens once and i'm quite salty about it

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.