As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    What, exactly, is difficult about a "high and tight" haircut

I wanted to get my hair cut before I go see my girlfriend? and I had to leave the town I live because of flooding

I am visiting my parents. My Dad said he found a really good barber.

The good barber had a sign in front of her shop that she was closed. I really needed a haircut, so I went to a different barber down the road.

Pleasant older man. He seemed to cut it quickly, but it looked ok at the shop. I didn't notice him doing any sorts of tricks with gel or anything.

I got to the store, scratched my head, and it felt funny towards the crown of my head. Talked to my Dad, yes, it's fucked up.

Thankfully the first barber was actually open, and she managed to fix it, but it's rather short

The hard part is getting the fade correct. Not as simple as it would seem!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    I unironically love going to the TJ Maxx and family (Marshalls, Ross) stores. They've got nicer clothes for cheap and I don't mind rummaging.

It's like thrifting without most of the hazards.

And where's the fun in that?

They're not exclusive. Some days you want Pepsi; some days you want Coke.

What? No. Wrong

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    What about if every day you think both Coke and Pepsi are disgusting?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I unironically love going to the TJ Maxx and family (Marshalls, Ross) stores. They've got nicer clothes for cheap and I don't mind rummaging.

And where's the fun in that?

The lack of hazards.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    you pick pepsi or coke, and that's your pick. and if you picked pepsi, you just... live with that, i guess

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

For me it's thrifting without the soul
    but the reliability of a positive outcome is somewhat higher.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular

The biggest problem in my experience is finding things you like that don't also have a giant hole poked in them from the security tag things.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Sometimes you need a giant bottle of off brand European body wash for men and some oddly flavored salt and you aren't going to get any of that at a thrift store, not in a form you'd trust anyway.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    TJ Maxx also regularly has really fuckin' good snack foods.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    you pick pepsi or coke, and that's your pick. and if you picked pepsi, you just... live with that, i guess

If you picked Pepsi, I have a hard time trusting your decisions on anything else, to be honest. I don't even drink Coke by itself, I only mix it with cheap bourbon, but even so, swapping out the Coke for Pepsi makes a bourbon and cola almost undrinkable to me.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    coke lives a nasty film in my mouth so I don't like it quite as much

it's also grossly sweet in comparison

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    But Pepsi is sweeter than Coke.

That's basically the reason for the whole New Coke fiasco.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Fritz kola is where my true allegiance lies

• Options
    Fritz kola is where my true allegiance lies

That stuff tastes like heavily caffeinated lemon pledge and I love it. It reminds me a little of the Cola that Red Bull used to make.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Y'all I am down to one dress shirt for my buddy's wedding because my other dress shirts don't fit anymore.

You see, these were all purchased at a time when I was a noodle-armed, no-ass skinny nerd. Now that I am a swole nerd with a thicc-er torso (and thighs), I legit can't button the neck of any of these shirts save for one. This is both a good problem and a bad problem. I had such variety too choose from, alas...

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Y'all I am down to one dress shirt for my buddy's wedding because my other dress shirts don't fit anymore.

You see, these were all purchased at a time when I was a noodle-armed, no-ass skinny nerd. Now that I am a swole nerd with a thicc-er torso (and thighs), I legit can't button the neck of any of these shirts save for one. This is both a good problem and a bad problem. I had such variety too choose from, alas...

Go shirtless?

• Options
    Man this is a wedding. If there's one time for me to dress fancy, this is it.

• Options
    But if there's enough alcohol to be had, I'll probably end up shirtless anyways.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I'm going to take photos of the outfit I plan to wear to my friends October wedding next month and post them for you guys.

informal poll. it's on October 13

grow my beard or no?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options

Neck button extenders. You can get them at some department stores. And most big and tall stores.

• Options

Fancy? Grow out a goatee and plait it. There's your 'fancy'. Still skip the shirt.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I'm going to take photos of the outfit I plan to wear to my friends October wedding next month and post them for you guys.

informal poll. it's on October 13

grow my beard or no?

Yes. All beards all the time.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Also need some love for the slightly fancier version of Marshalls/TJ Maxx - Nordstrom Rack and Neiman Marcus Last Call

Designer rummaging for lyfe

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    But Pepsi is sweeter than Coke.

That's basically the reason for the whole New Coke fiasco.

There's something up with the taste of coke then where it just tastes like a mouth full of sugar where pepsi is slightly better even if still sweet. Probably why my mouth feels gross after drinking it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I drink chinotto. Occasionally.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    pimento wrote: »
    I drink chinotto. Occasionally.

I can't find chinotto here and it's really annoying.

• Options
    Also need some love for the slightly fancier version of Marshalls/TJ Maxx - Nordstrom Rack and Neiman Marcus Last Call

Designer rummaging for lyfe

The shoe rack at Nordstrom Rack is important.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

Wear a bow tie

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Tuxedo t-shirt. That's what you wear when you want to get fancy.

sig.gif
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Afri Cola wins out for taste. Fritz cola tastes weird, their orangeade is good though.

• Options
    Royal Crown

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Royal Crown
    That's only if you're thirsty.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Royal Crown
    That's only if you're thirsty.

or if you specifically need a mixer for Crown Royal

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Since I successfully steered the fashion thread into a ditch - favorite root beers?

I like the harshness of Barq's and loathe most that have licorice flavors in them. Currently I'm enjoying Boylan's.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    ughhhh i wanna redo so much of my fashions i want to burn it all down and start a new

poo
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I go for Virgil's primarily. Boylan's is pretty damn good too, as is Sioux City and (a local company) Appalachian Brewing Co.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Since I successfully steered the fashion thread into a ditch - favorite root beers?

I like the harshness of Barq's and loathe most that have licorice flavors in them. Currently I'm enjoying Boylan's.

Virgil's is the king of (widely available) root beers. Especially their seasonal Bavarian Nutmeg flavor: https://www.amazon.com/Virgils-Special-Bavarian-Nutmeg-Root/dp/B014ATA2DQ

Although, as a former Utican, I'm obligated by law to mention that Saranac root beer is fuckin' good.

minor incident on
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I don't know if I've tried Virgil's since I tend to sample only when there are loose bottles for sale and I only ever see it in 4 packs.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    so my apartment still has a bit of an odor to it. I need to get candles / air fresheners and leave the windows open during the day when it is cooler.

But how can I best keep it out of my clothing?